Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Introducing, the Numark NV for Serato DJ

11:14 PM, 13 Jul 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Asu 4:46 PM - 14 July, 2014
Waiting for a pioneer version :-) but great work from Numark
Asu 4:50 PM - 14 July, 2014
it's be cool if one day all u carry is this with serato software built in and your external drive/internal drive...just prep music at home/cuepoints and bam head out for audio/video gigs
Krafts 6:14 PM - 14 July, 2014
Wow..
MRKY 6:59 PM - 14 July, 2014
OMDS it's like a dream! For the perfect device for me personally they should release the Numark "NV7" with moving platters added to this bad boy!
DJ Shash'U 7:13 PM - 14 July, 2014
is it using a special OS created by Microsoft? I saw a video of them talking 'bout making Operating Systems in machines like MPC Renaissance 2 (which is owned by Numark) cause if it is, this is probably the first product to have it. Dope.
Ragman 7:23 PM - 14 July, 2014
Quote:
OMDS it's like a dream! For the perfect device for me personally they should release the Numark "NV7" with moving platters added to this bad boy!

You're basically talking about this...

www.digitaldjtips.com
SSHUUSH 10:18 PM - 14 July, 2014
Next model should incorporate the dual CD lije the numark mixdeck bit with all the bells and whistles from the numark NV
Mr Wilks 10:42 PM - 14 July, 2014
It's certainly the start of things being converged.

Next step I guess will be an NS7 version then one with Serato inside needing no laptop.

It would be great if these screens was touch for X/Y FX etc.

Exciting times ahead with this as it's what the SZ 'should' have been... two CDJ 2000 style units instead of an SX on steriods.
Asu 10:46 PM - 14 July, 2014
Quote:
It's certainly the start of things being converged.

Next step I guess will be an NS7 version then one with Serato inside needing no laptop.

It would be great if these screens was touch for X/Y FX etc.

Exciting times ahead with this as it's what the SZ 'should' have been... two CDJ 2000 style units instead of an SX on steriods.

+1 all these wires make no sense...they can do it,don't know what they're waiting for...all we need is one usb cable & everything else :-)
Ragman 12:20 AM - 15 July, 2014
Is it me or do others feel the waves serve a better function stacked horizontal or vertical on a central screen. It seems you lose a lot when you have separate screens like that.
Mr Wilks 12:52 AM - 15 July, 2014
Quote:
Is it me or do others feel the waves serve a better function stacked horizontal or vertical on a central screen. It seems you lose a lot when you have separate screens like that.

Agreed. I think what they did with the iPad-mixer-thingy was pretty good. Would have been awesome with vertical stacked waveforms.
DjGiovanni 3:00 AM - 15 July, 2014
Ok... this just proves that Denon completely fell off. It used to be Denon with Numark trailing and Pioneer just coming in but fast. Pioneer in a matter of 2 years took the market, while Denon decided to concentrate on media players that didn't even have native support to the top 2 DJ sofware (Serato and Traktor). Where are they now?
Their denondj website went to hell when it used to be the best xxxxdj website, their controllers small and awful, their cd players practically non existent, and their mixers plagued with heating issues also non existent. They ran out of ideas and no longer care. Numark on the other hand is giving Pioneer a healthy fight when it comes to innovation which is a good thing for us dj's because it keeps the technology at the cutting edge. If Numark did away with their shitty line of cd players, mixers, and low end dj controllers (mixtrack, and mixdeck series) it would really polish their name in Pioneer's best fashion.
Great product, great idea, great initiative. it is products like these that make the other company scramble to put out the next big thing. This is what the DDJ-SZ should have introduced. Aside from the DJM-800 wanna be mixer, nothing else on that controller tickles my fancy enough to make me want to shell out $2000, not the dual USB, not the CDJ's platters and definitely not the size.
So keep doing what you're doing Numark. The future looks good. And for the love of god, please stop the mirror effect on the controls... please? The pitch fader should always go on the left side of each deck, and the Cue/Play on the right.
Ragman 3:45 AM - 15 July, 2014
^You do realize the parent company for Numark and Akai (inMusic) purchased Denon? Hopefully some collabo between the 3 companies is in the near future. That's a lot of creative R&D between them.
DJNitro12 3:50 AM - 15 July, 2014
Quote:
^You do realize the parent company for Numark and Akai (inMusic) purchased Denon? Hopefully some collabo between the 3 companies is in the near future. That's a lot of creative R&D between them.

Exactly. I own several Denon products, 3700's, 3900's MC 2000 and just purchased the 6000MK II this year and love them all. Hopefully the merger of these two companies will take the best of both and make 1. Numark ideas and Denon build quality.
DjGiovanni 5:10 AM - 15 July, 2014
Quote:

I do realize it. Keep in mind however that although they were bought out by INMUSIC, they all operate as independent entities. Collaborations will only come about if it doesn't create a conflict of interests as is the case with Alto and Alesis (Alto mixing consoles have the Alesis effects processors chip in them) which are both owned by INMUSIC. Numark and Denon DJ compete for market share as they both produce dj equipment, so don't expect any collaborations there. INMUSIC is not a manufacturer, it is merely a holdings company. They buy companys, make a profit and moves them on. Harman on the other hand whom own JBL, Crown, AKG, DBX, etc, does manufacture equipment and input from one another is shared throughout their brands. With that in mind let's hope that INMUSIC infuses Denon with the much needed cash so that their engineers and designers can move forward in this technology war to re-establish Denon to the top 2 DJ equipment company. As a long time Denon enthusiast who owned great pieces as the DN D2600, DN D9000, DN S5000, DN X800, DN HD2500 and DN HC1000 ( the last 2 I still own) I would like nothing more than to see Denon put out a controller that can give the NS7II, and the DDJ SX/SZ a run for their money.
Foday stanley 9:34 AM - 15 July, 2014
MAKE US LOOK PROFESSIONAL NOT BEDROOM DJS

Numark never listens do they, We want ns7 ii to be split into like Numark V7.

Features:

1. HID MODE
2. CD PLAYER
3. Spinning Platters just like NS7 II
4. Include MPC pads in Each unlike Numark V7.
5. or make NS7 ii MPC Pad compatible with Numark V7
Just like ddj sx, ddj sz does with turntables & Cdjs.
6.Include few stuff CDJ pioneer lacks or are you scared of Pioneer.

I love my NS7 II but whenever i plug turntables the MPC pads are useless as i can't cue my songs unless i use my keyboard, same with some knobs on my mixer.

Numark hope u do something about this via firmware update, NS7 II is too beautiful to lack such functions.

Numark NV is a very nice ideal but its build from ns6,
We want something that looks like that but in a cdj
just like V7,

Been waiting for this 3yrs now to make my Ns7 II a perfect set up.

Atleast make the MPC Pads in NS7 II, Compatible with Numark V7 cos i rather buy two V7 if they can be link with NS7 II, Check d pioneer nexus everything works together.
Mr Wilks 3:01 PM - 15 July, 2014
Did Numark jump the gun a bit by leaving reference to a new Serato feature we've requested?

Serato flip www.numark.com

Now Serato will have to announce it! Haha!
Mr Wilks 3:03 PM - 15 July, 2014
Okay take that back... It's gone.
Asu 3:44 PM - 15 July, 2014
Quote:
Numark NV is a very nice ideal but its build from ns6,
We want something that looks like that but in a cdj
just like V7,

sounds like Envy for the NV lol
Uncle Donn 3:55 PM - 15 July, 2014
Very NICE!!! I do agree that one wide, central sceen with stacked or vertical waveforms may have been a better option...but as we know that just leaves room for the NV Mk II....
Jean-Noel 4:07 AM - 16 July, 2014
Quote:

I don't think Pioneer will release an update of the DDJ-SZ with a screen. On the official video of the SZ the guy has specify that it is the last controller Pioneer controller's for Serato.
Personally i do no think that the screen on the controller can display all the information that we see on the laptop. the fact that we do not have to use the laptop i got a doubt about it .
Jean-Noel 4:31 AM - 16 July, 2014
Quote:
MAKE US LOOK PROFESSIONAL NOT BEDROOM DJS

Numark never listens do they, We want ns7 ii to be split into like Numark V7.

Features:

2. CD PLAYER
3. Spinning Platters just like NS7 II

I don't understand how spinning platters can make you look more professional ? you know how many dis use spinning platters ? most of them do not use it because they do not scratch.
AND FOR GOD SAKE STOP CLAIMING CD PLAYER IT IS A CONTROLLER !!!!
the controller is the opposite of the cd player it has been create to eliminate cds
Asu 8:16 PM - 16 July, 2014
Quote:
On the official video of the SZ the guy has specify that it is the last controller Pioneer controller's for Serato.

he only meant for now...not forever...the direction is to have a controller with screens where we can just plug in an external HDD or flash drive (Laptops won't be needed anymore)...with Serato hardware built/software installed into the actual device...Pioneer knows it and everyone else...it'll cost a lot of course but that's the future...you'd prepare the music/videos at home and then just plug in your HDD at the club or on your personal controller on the road...imagine just waling around with your all in one controller >>>wireless speakers>>>wireless projector...etc etc
Ragman 8:55 PM - 16 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
On the official video of the SZ the guy has specify that it is the last controller Pioneer controller's for Serato.

he only meant for now...not forever...the direction is to have a controller with screens where we can just plug in an external HDD or flash drive (Laptops won't be needed anymore)...with Serato hardware built/software installed into the actual device...Pioneer knows it and everyone else...it'll cost a lot of course but that's the future...you'd prepare the music/videos at home and then just plug in your HDD at the club or on your personal controller on the road...imagine just waling around with your all in one controller >>>wireless speakers>>>wireless projector...etc etc

^^ Actually he meant the SZ was the last controller in the DDJ series. ^^
Mr Wilks 9:19 PM - 16 July, 2014
The last in the series means no more sizes. There will be others in their "class" released.

The have three main classes of pro and these will be updated as their lifespan gets old.

Also, Rekordbox will grow into more of a beast catering for this. Serato will be incorporated too so will see how it goes.
Pete Sherriff 10:11 PM - 17 July, 2014
i might have missed something but does this thing have usb's?
Nephew#1 10:25 PM - 17 July, 2014
@Foday Stanley,

Did you read my post?

serato.com
Mr Wilks 10:26 PM - 17 July, 2014
Quote:
i might have missed something but does this thing have usb's?

Nah Pete. Shame as it would ahve been good but it's just controller only.

I just realised who you are actually... You do the weekends in Skeg (I was resident there for over 7 years).
E11World 10:51 PM - 17 July, 2014
This is something that should have come out a few years ago and it sucks for me because I just got the DDJSX a few months ago but thank God I didn't buy a new laptop. I always hated and stayed away from having or using a laptop while djaying (kept using USBs) but as soon as I made the transition, I get this.

On a positive note, I won't have to use a laptop for too long because I believe most DJ hardware will be going that way in the near future.
Salah Ananse 10:59 PM - 17 July, 2014
I like the idea of controllers. But they are awful for use in clubs. No club that has any sense is going to waste money on one because most pros won't touch them. The DJs that use them exclusively force us to totally rearrange the booth to accommodate them. Most of them can't accommodate 2 computers. So you have to have CD players/turntables for set transitions. So they've gotten around to giving all the "pro feel" they can. But they are seriously lagging behind on making these things right for pro application. I guess I'm just not finding a sweet spot in controller offerings. I'd use the $250 Pioneer for quick (low paying) jobs. The $2000 Pioneer is overpriced (Like all of their products). But it would piss other DJs off if I forced them to use it. LOL! this mount looks good. But the back panel leaves a lot to be desired.
deejdave 11:24 PM - 17 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

That's not what he said anyways. He said that the sz completes the DDJ line of controllers. You know DDJ is just a name right?

I feel pioneer should be looking into getting the scrolling waveforms into their flagship cdj-2000 nexus's anyways before making something new with these features. Get their pro gear squared away first before moving into more new controllers.

As far as the NV goes I'm not gonna sit here and hate as it seems cool but it seems the screens are the only (or one of the only features they did right) the performance pads instead of going larger they went smaller. The price tag of $699 is enough to scare anyone in terms of actual quality. The good controllers without screens are more than that let alone one with screens. Than again Numark has trouble with value and retaining value although they have gotten better as of late. I got my ns7II new for $1200 about 2-3 months ago this is controller is dirt cheap. Could definitely be the game changer as Numark is claiming but then again their last claim was "the best controller ever made" for the ns7II lol. To each his own is all I can say on that one.
2x4nyc 11:46 PM - 17 July, 2014
I LOVE IT...! I Can't wait for the day a controller is made with an on board computer so i can do away with my laptop
Dj LDB 11:52 PM - 17 July, 2014
If you can't do can't perform video files with it it's a step backwards if you ask me. 95% of my gigs these days included playing video files instead of just mp3's. Nice clubs and bars have flat screens and projectors for added entertainment value these days. I'm pretty sure they won't be incorporating a high quality video card on this anytime soon so it won't replace the laptop in my arsenal! Looks good for those that only play mp3's or wave files though.
1212 11:52 PM - 17 July, 2014
Useless product. Why? Simple. It does not negate using a computer but tries to do what the computer (screen) does but only much less effectively and on a screen a fraction of the size. Not to mention the fact that the large full color screen could introduce additional visual/audio sync/latency issues.
Foday stanley 12:10 AM - 18 July, 2014
I am not Beefing or hating but just the fact, NV Is completely ns6 with few features, i use Numark product all my career, Still nothing like cdj 2000nexus even four NV or NS7 II can't compete why?

1. CDJs hardly Crash but any controller does once 5 gigs or club activities.(i use macbook pro, i5,8gb Ram)

2. I don't just DJ, i run concept and Events so having an extra V7 for my guess DJs are always a good option.

3. Non of Numark Controller can compete with Pioneer Cdj Nexus.

4.Features are perfect in controller, Big thanks to Serato for stepping their game up.

5.NV Wont last a year b4 something else comes out with same specs etc but CDJ Nexus Rages are always gonna be around.

6.Most importantly, not every clubs u see controllers ,Top clubs all use cdj 2000± so what happens when you are asked to DJ with it then you start staring at it cos we use to controllers.

Positive & Negative Feedback NV

1.Good ideal with new screen so we don't need controller but how stable is serato DJ on it.

2. Atleast new design would have been better , any1 who use ns6 b4 like myself knows what am talking about.

3. only new features that makes sense is no need for laptop but we DJs still prefer being able to search for requested songs using keep as its faster when you have about 500,000 songs on playlist.

4. No new features i,e something new in sera to.

5. No Double Sound Card like in DDJ SX, exactly what would have made ns7 ii half way close to nexus Rage.

My Thoughts, Numark NV is a very good ideal for first time starters ,looks exactly like ns6 when i look at it, Ns7 ii was a massive step up, but it seem like you guys are out of ideals using same design for Ns6 for NV,

And as for you talking about spinning platters, its call Vinyl, thats as best as u can get close to using turntables, thats d only reason i use ns7 ii, turntable fee even if its not 100% real.

Serato DJ doing a great job with software features and providing Accurate Services sure as this, where we can express our selves. As soon as serato start making their own controllers non CDjs that can compete with Pioneers, Mark my words, nobody will remember Numark or Even Pioneers, thats why they all sticking to Serato cos they know its d Future, Remember they well all with Virtual DJ b4, who are they with now Serato ?
liebre.je@Gmail. com 12:46 AM - 18 July, 2014
It works on the computer too or not??
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:53 AM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:

It requires a computer :)
deejdave 1:56 AM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:

WHAT!?!?

Quote:
As soon as serato start making their own controllers non CDjs that can compete with Pioneers, Mark my words, nobody will remember Numark or Even Pioneers,

Your words are marked but as flawed as they come. Serat is a software developer and will NEVER release anything you speak of.

Quote:
CDJs hardly Crash but any controller does once 5 gigs or club activities.(i use macbook pro, i5,8gb Ram)

For you maybe. I have both the SX & the SZ and neither have crashed on me to date............... then again I use I7 Macbook Pro's all being 16 GB of RAM. Two are SSD and one is HDD. It is what you make it.

Quote:
4.Features are perfect in controller, Big thanks to Serato for stepping their game up.

Serato doesn't make controllers.

Quote:
5.NV Wont last a year b4 something else comes out with same specs etc but CDJ Nexus Rages are always gonna be around.

This is like saying the CDJ-1000's will be around forever. Yeah they will but they will be replaces as the industry standard by something else that Pioneer releases.

Quote:

RESEARCH. Apparently you missed the "FLIP" posts.

Quote:
5. No Double Sound Card like in DDJ SX, exactly what would have made ns7 ii half way close to nexus Rage.

The SZ has dual sound card NOT the SX. Also the price would NOT be what it is if there were two sound cards. Remember Numark has to be careful with their prices.

Quote:
My Thoughts, Numark NV is a very good ideal for first time starters ,looks exactly like ns6 when i look at it, Ns7 ii was a massive step up, but it seem like you guys are out of ideals using same design for Ns6 for NV,

This one is the funniest. You keep saying the NV is the same as the NS6........................... WHY because it has buttons, jog dials, faders & switches? Welcome to DJing!!! LOL

This was certainly a good laugh though. Carry on.............
Quote:
I am not Beefing or hating but just the fact, NV Is completely ns6 with few features, i use Numark product all my career, Still nothing like cdj 2000nexus even four NV or NS7 II can't compete why?

Did you ever consider making a switch to Pioneer as this would seemingly solve your problem. It seems to be your largest concern to be like Pioneer or compete with them, be as professional as them, reliable as them, etc. WHY NOT JUST GET THEM?!?!?

It looks NOTHING like the NS6 at all. Hello screens!! Hello performance pads!!!
No touchstrip on NV, Touch sensitive knobs on NV.................. must I keep going or will you actually be looking at the two of them any time soon?
Lightning 2:16 AM - 18 July, 2014
Bah, looks cool but still misses the mark. Quit bundling the controllers with the mixer into 1 unit!!!
I'm tiered of crap mixers on controllers.
Mr Wilks 5:14 AM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

WHAT!?!?

Quote:
As soon as serato start making their own controllers non CDjs that can compete with Pioneers, Mark my words, nobody will remember Numark or Even Pioneers,

Your words are marked but as flawed as they come. Serat is a software developer and will NEVER release anything you speak of.

Quote:
CDJs hardly Crash but any controller does once 5 gigs or club activities.(i use macbook pro, i5,8gb Ram)

For you maybe. I have both the SX & the SZ and neither have crashed on me to date............... then again I use I7 Macbook Pro's all being 16 GB of RAM. Two are SSD and one is HDD. It is what you make it.

Quote:

Serato doesn't make controllers.

Quote:

This is like saying the CDJ-1000's will be around forever. Yeah they will but they will be replaces as the industry standard by something else that Pioneer releases.

Quote:

RESEARCH. Apparently you missed the "FLIP" posts.

Quote:

The SZ has dual sound card NOT the SX. Also the price would NOT be what it is if there were two sound cards. Remember Numark has to be careful with their prices.

Quote:

This one is the funniest. You keep saying the NV is the same as the NS6........................... WHY because it has buttons, jog dials, faders & switches? Welcome to DJing!!! LOL

This was certainly a good laugh though. Carry on.............
Quote:

Did you ever consider making a switch to Pioneer as this would seemingly solve your problem. It seems to be your largest concern to be like Pioneer or compete with them, be as professional as them, reliable as them, etc. WHY NOT JUST GET THEM?!?!?

It looks NOTHING like the NS6 at all. Hello screens!! Hello performance pads!!!
No touchstrip on NV, Touch sensitive knobs on NV.................. must I keep going or will you actually be looking at the two of them any time soon?

Amen!
DJ L1TTLE412 6:56 AM - 18 July, 2014
It looks pretty but I would like to give a try. Any volunteer please?
Foday stanley 8:51 AM - 18 July, 2014
@DJ dave & Mr Wilks,

1. you are both amateur Djs from the look of things.

2. can't say you both have good professional experience from the look of things .

3.you both use bedroom Mixer nor controller DJ Dave( Pioneer DDJ SB, DDJ SX, RANE SL 1,3,4, Sixty Two, Vestax Typhoon,VCI-300.

4. Your mix tapes on sound cloud are weak, go check my (soundcloud.com/djsixco) or compare.

5. i made few error typing DDJ SX instead of SZ as am using my phone, too busy in the business to be home like u two lol.

6. You are both too blind to see Numark NV has the same design as Pioneer CDJs, (its tells you Numark is running away from bedroom controllers just like yours ).

7. you both do a research, Numark nv is the exact copy of NS6 with functions on ns7 ii in it, if not i believe someone from Numark has seen my post, let them prove me wrong ?

8. As for Serato, the team are perfect enough to make such amazing software, trust me making their very own product shouldn't be a problem. its will only take time, let someone
from Serato prove me wrong on this because i know its every companies dream to be at the top without relying on third parties.

9.Numark, Pioneers etc, are third party in business to Serato DJ, doesn't mean they own Serato forever. am sure if you did business in school u both will understand what i mean,unless ye drop out :)

10. Numark if you reading this which i know you are, write your thought aswell if am lying or not, we all know the truth is bitter.

Numark NV is a smart Copy of NS6 in a CDj form Yes or No ?????

Controllers are good but cdjs are better, thats why Numark came up with something that looks like CDjs to distract people from buying a better product lol, Yes or No??????

Serato have the right to continue with their amazing work if they have the Finance to start
making their own controllers if they choose to ? (Am sure Serato Team will help me answer this one because no agreement last forever ). Unless Serato sell their company fully to third party company and start all over again, which will never happen lol.
Trav ZeGoose Yuill 12:41 PM - 18 July, 2014
Hi there! does anyone know what the effect knobs will be like on this controller? I currently use the mixtrack pro 2 and the effects knobs suck! they are bumpy when you turn them and not smooth. Will this be the same or will this have smooth effects knobs? if anyone has any info, would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Trav
Mr Wilks 2:01 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
@DJ dave & Mr Wilks,

1. you are both amateur Djs from the look of things.

2. can't say you both have good professional experience from the look of things .

3.you both use bedroom Mixer nor controller DJ Dave( Pioneer DDJ SB, DDJ SX, RANE SL 1,3,4, Sixty Two, Vestax Typhoon,VCI-300.

4. Your mix tapes on sound cloud are weak, go check my (soundcloud.com/djsixco) or compare.

5. i made few error typing DDJ SX instead of SZ as am using my phone, too busy in the business to be home like u two lol.

6. You are both too blind to see Numark NV has the same design as Pioneer CDJs, (its tells you Numark is running away from bedroom controllers just like yours ).

7. you both do a research, Numark nv is the exact copy of NS6 with functions on ns7 ii in it, if not i believe someone from Numark has seen my post, let them prove me wrong ?

8. As for Serato, the team are perfect enough to make such amazing software, trust me making their very own product shouldn't be a problem. its will only take time, let someone
from Serato prove me wrong on this because i know its every companies dream to be at the top without relying on third parties.

9.Numark, Pioneers etc, are third party in business to Serato DJ, doesn't mean they own Serato forever. am sure if you did business in school u both will understand what i mean,unless ye drop out :)

10. Numark if you reading this which i know you are, write your thought aswell if am lying or not, we all know the truth is bitter.

Controllers are good but cdjs are better, thats why Numark came up with something that looks like CDjs to distract people from buying a better product lol, Yes or No??????

Serato have the right to continue with their amazing work if they have the Finance to start
making their own controllers if they choose to ? (Am sure Serato Team will help me answer this one because no agreement last forever ). Unless Serato sell their company fully to third party company and start all over again, which will never happen lol.

Hahaha! In all the years I've been coming here I've never been so personally attacked for writing one word.

"Amen".

Wow, just wow. Being respectful of others is part of my upbringing that was developed from a young age by my parents while I was learning. Scathing personal attacks in public aren't cool, big or clever and not respectful of someone else in the same business as myself. I just hope I never meet you in person if you're this nasty in real life.

Calling me for dropping out of school? Wow. I can't believe I've just read that. Do you need a degree to DJ?

Yesterday I DJed from 2pm until 8am doing three different places. I work seven days a week and totally exhausted. Google search Zante in Greece and this is where I've been hired for... Both Sizzle Club and Pukka Up boat parties (I do the summers out here). I also work for Cunard aboard their five star luxury cruise liners seeing the world aboard total luxury. Google the Queen Mary 2 for an idea. It's not the best gig but I do it through the winter to get me out of the UK until the summer comes around. I currently work seven days a week in residencies and at least six days over the last seven years (I've been DJing for 25). I've played for the Ministry of Sound tour, Clubland etc so don't need to play in my bedroom.

Actually, I wish I was playing in my bedroom as I've been away from home for two months with another two months left in the Med. Somethings you miss but it's a hard life playing all over the world. Just take a look at my Instagram. I don't put hardly anything on Facebook/twitter after being really badly stalked last year. The profiles haven't been updated in a very long time as I've dropped off social media, but thanks for bringing up something I've tried to forget.

Yes I own a controller (well two actually). I have an SX and a Twitch. I won't be swapping any of them for an NV as I don't use them much. Why? Because I use CDJ 2000s with my SL3. Yup, I have no need as I've been on SL1 and Technics 1210 MKIIIs and four years ago upgraded to the SL3 and dicers. You can see this from my profile as "current toys". That is what I own.
I traded in my pristine CDJ 1000 MK3s and DJM mixer for an SX for home use.i didn't see the point as when I'm not in the club I don't need them. As I work seven days I want to do other things during the day so downsized but I kept my Technics as you can probably see from my profile.

And as for the mixes that was up, they was free downloads for people earlier this year as I don't sell mix CDs, I just put a free mix up. No mixmeister or sync used (not that I'm against it). You think it's bad? I don't care. I'm not asking for judgment. They maybe shockingly bad but to publicly humiliate me here isn't cool, even for jokes. I don't know you so we don't have the banter.

Anyway, it looks like I've fed the troll by writing this post so will now refocus my conversation back to the original subject, the NV.

Yes it is a controller with two small mobile phone sized screens giving back real time information about the track and library. It is the baby steps to a new product line that will eventually incorporate a fully working OS, but we sent there yet. We need these products to start the ball rolling. If they sell none then it will setback the development of the true "all-in-one" controllers.

We don't know now how much these cost to make so before we assume they are too cheap for what they are, we have to think how much we are getting ripped off by other technologies.

A mobile phone LCD screen can be had for £20 new.havibg firmware that can well the screen what to do needs develop I be but I think in total including development time around £100 per unit would be fair. This brings it at around the price of a normal mid-range controller and they could be making little margins on it to get them out there.

Who knows? I don't want one nor have the need to sel like my SX for one but I support it and think we need something like this for other companies to follow.
Pioneer CDJ 2000s don't display the extra Serato info on their screens but who's to say they won't? The slicer arrived on more models after the Twitch. I can guess it's a Serato thing the displays and Numark are the first to pioneer this new tech. We will see more as others licence it. It just so happens they are the first.
Mr Wilks 2:09 PM - 18 July, 2014
**we aren't there yet.

(Amongst some other autocorrect fails but I'll get over it).
Uncle Donn 3:46 PM - 18 July, 2014

I think the NV is just Numark's way of getting a new product into the mid-level market. Face it, they have not responded well to that sector.

CDJs are better, Turntables are better, Controllers are the future....these arguments will go on forever. Its about your audiance, can you move the crowd with what you got. Saying CDJs are better is just an opinion and a matter of preference...
Mr Wilks 4:51 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:

I think the NV is just Numark's way of getting a new product into the mid-level market. Face it, they have not responded well to that sector.

CDJs are better, Turntables are better, Controllers are the future....these arguments will go on forever. Its about your audiance, can you move the crowd with what you got. Saying CDJs are better is just an opinion and a matter of preference...

Totally agreed.

Play on what you feel comfortable with. DJs are rocking crowds with just X1s and a DJM 900.

If the NV works for the NS6/SX/etc crowd then it's a bargain.

The build quality is meant to be comparable to the Ableton Push according to Numark on DJ Worx.

Most people's presumptions are based on its price and as nobody has played on one yet it's pure speculation so when BPM comes around I'll have a look and play to just see how those screens actually stack up to a working environment.
Asu 7:01 PM - 18 July, 2014
Yeah and let's stop all this knocking people around...every DJ serves an audience big or small...from backyard / pool parties to Big pro performances...let's not put each other down brother :-) you either like the New gear or keep steppin...nuff said
Ragman 8:34 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:
Yeah and let's stop all this knocking people around...every DJ serves an audience big or small...from backyard / pool parties to Big pro performances...let's not put each other down brother :-) you either like the New gear or keep steppin...nuff said

Co-signed by the Ragman. ;-)
deejdave 9:47 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:

Agreed. Never meant any harm or offense. Just when I see erroneous "opinions" being thrown around as fact I like to correct them. I do admit some of the content made me LOL a little as it was so far off and a little extreme but I never meant any foul. (for instance I only have controllers and no pro gear because.................... that's what it says on my profile) or that Numark & Pioneer own Serato temporarily.

Say what you want about me as I couldn't care less but Mr. Wilks is one of the more courteous & knowledgeable individuals on these forums and always a pleasure to speak with. I always call a spade a spade but for all our sakes I will stick to content & keep my opinions to myself. As pointed out the insults are not necessary and they certainly do not make anything said correct. As a matter of fact it just seems to be more wrong in a sea of wrong.

I never insulted anyone and simply pointed out the many errors that were made. Never attacked the person just the words. This to me seems like a wild animal being cornered with no logic to resort to so they try anything they can. In this case insults on subjects they could not possibly have any clue about. Just as a side note can you imaging if Serato did ANY of the things he claimed?!?!? Look at Native Instruments for example. We are BLESSED by all the options BECAUSE Serato is only a software developer. If they got into the hardware game (which will never happen) all these wonderful options would come to a screeching halt. This is why Traktor has so few native options.

Quote:

Careful there. I use my controllers, CDJ's & TT's. always thought it was a matter of preference and the right tool for the right job. I never once realized I was being unprofessional for using my controllers. I will admit I love my Nexus/SRT/SP-1 setup the most but this SZ is certainly putting up a good fight ever since I got it back from Pioneer (which sucks because I am still kind of mad at them for how they handled my support case). The SX was tabled as it never had that powerful feel I need but the SX is certainly in a different league for me.

THIS new NV controller has features I WISH my CDJ's had. I have been weighing in over at the Pioneer forums in hopes of getting some answers regarding the scrolling waveform but we shall see. I did find it VERY interesting that Karl Detken (who was the Director of Product Development for Pioneer for 18 years) made flat out claims of superiority over Pioneer. I gave Numark a fair chance with the NS7II and I was pleasantly surprised. Wasn't a huge fan of the NS6 BUT this NV sure does seem like a contender especially for the money. Hopefully as Mr. Wilks was speaking of this "Flip" feature is NOT an NV exclusive and more good will come out of this.
DJ L1TTLE412 12:34 AM - 19 July, 2014
@Foday Stanley, your comments directed towards two fellow DJs were very offensive and disrespectful to the DJing industry. We are here to share experiences and gain knowledge but you have been bang out of order. I have being in the industry since 1995 and have never had a DJ so patronizing and self indulgent. Hope you can learn from this and find the courage to apologies to you fellow DJs.

Peace!
DJNitro12 12:40 AM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
@Foday Stanley, your comments directed towards two fellow DJs were very offensive and disrespectful to the DJing industry. We are here to share experiences and gain knowledge but you have been bang out of order. I have being in the industry since 1995 and have never had a DJ so patronizing and self indulgent. Hope you can learn from this and find the courage to apologies to you fellow DJs.

Peace!

Agreed.
DJNitro12 12:45 AM - 19 July, 2014
There's always that one thing that's missing and I'm sure it's different for every DJ. As a mobile DJ I like to use two mics and 1/4 booth outs. Still I really can't wait to see this in action.
Dokumentary 1:10 AM - 19 July, 2014
The first "professional" controller will be made by Rane. It will be innovative in that it will take into account what turntable DJ's have always wanted to see in a controller. It will be built like a friggin Abrams APC. If fact, I hope they call it "theAPC" or "M1-A1" or something badass like that.

All TT DJ's will be appeased and we'll come out of this technological transition phase that we're currently in. Bedroom DJ's can still buy silly controllers made of plastic with thin metal top plates and gimmicks like this thing but, pros will finally have a product that will be "industry standard" and reliable.

Rane has stated that this will never happen so let's hope that Vestax has the ingenuity to make it happen. Although I have some ideas, unfortunately I don't know what this future product looks like or else I'd be the one making millions of $$$ and have the brand prestige similar to Technics.
deejdave 2:59 AM - 19 July, 2014
As amazing as this would be unfortunately the "cheap" part comes with the territory. Mobility is key absolutely but the number one reason most people purchase these controllers is the price. You simply get a ton of features for dirt cheap. Making a controller of the caliber you want would remove the number one reason people go for these in the first place. This is not true in all cases but it is very common. The proof is seen everyday by people of all walks hoping and wishing they will "one day have CDJ's or Technics, etc.". Again there are those who go for the higher end gear only TT's & CDJ's. There are also those who just get it all (I am VERY GUILTY of the latter personally) but stick to top tier as much as possible. The issue with developing this "dream controller" is not enough target audience. I assure you that the "Pro's" are sticking with the CDJ's & TT's professionally but I also assure that the true "Pro's are purchasing the top tier controllers (and even some bottom tier as toys) as money is not much of an object and the "why not" factor weighs heavy here.

Things are not all THAT bad though. I have the Nexus system, Rane 64, 900SRT (I'll stop there but you get the point) as well as my 1200's & Urei 1620. I know many see this as bragging but when trying to attack this point it MUST be mentioned. The actual point is though that I also have the SZ, SX & NS7II and............

Quote:
There's always that one thing that's missing and I'm sure it's different for every DJ. As a mobile DJ I like to use two mics and 1/4 booth outs. Still I really can't wait to see this in action.

Is a GREAT point but there is some good in each of the controllers I have. I place the SX next to my 1200's and obviously I see build differences & such. Then again the SX does NOT need to support the kind of stress a 1200'd does as it is not so much a physical device. The 1200's bring in high torque on a platter that has some serious weight. Also the 1200's were affected by vibrations. I PROMISE you if this weight was NOT absolutely necessary it would NOT be there. One of the reasons that it was there in the first place was NOT to impress with it's beastly presence. I hear many arguments on builds (Insert the NS7II is built like a TANK here) but in my experience I don't need a tank. I have had not ONE issue with the build of ANY of my controllers. The ONLY issue I had with physical ANYTHING with any of these controllers was the faders flying off the SX which is easily fixed by P-Lok faders that now come with the SZ. Others have had issues with the top plates warping etc. but when you get down to the nitty gritty the reality usually comes out that it was left in the car in the cold overnight or some similar story. Problem? YES but 100% avoidable. I tend to rotate my gear so maybe that helps with the durability and overall lifespan.

In the end I promise you this. If ANYONE came up with what you speak of I would be the FIRST in line. I don't do it for the bragging rights or anything I just LOVE Djing and I like to try it all. LOVE that new gear smell. Just remember in regards to this comment:

Quote:
Bedroom DJ's can still buy silly controllers made of plastic with thin metal top plates and gimmicks like this thing but, pros will finally have a product that will be "industry standard" and reliable.

It is the software and the circuit boards/chips inside the units that define their capabilities & make them what they are. The purpose of all the physical stuff on the outside is simply there to give humans a way to manipulate & control these features. Also remember while I am sure Rane would do a great job I highly doubt a company who has ZERO experience with controllers would nail it on the first try as you are speaking of a company who has absolutely NO experience with a jog wheel which remains a key factor with controllers. Just my opinion though and NOT saying I wouldn't love to see it happen though but then again we have to remember that Rane flat out said they will never get into the controller market.
Ragman 3:14 AM - 19 July, 2014
Gotta admit though from a build stand point the NS7 II is a beauty. Simply a work of art. I can stare at that machine for ever. Yet my setup is a Rane 62 and 2 TTXUSBs. Still not shabby.
DJNitro12 3:14 AM - 19 July, 2014
Why is it always when someone insults controller users and you look up their profile, it shows them using controllers? I use a controller, but I also use Denon 3900's, 1200mkII's, and I'll probably buy a pair of new Pioneer TT's after they've been out for a couple of months. But as a disabled vet with a prosthesis, I'm not lugging around heavy ass coffins when I can walk in with a controller.
deejdave 4:50 AM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
Gotta admit though from a build stand point the NS7 II is a beauty.

Sure is.

Quote:
Why is it always when someone insults controller users and you look up their profile, it shows them using controllers?

LOL

Quote:
I'll probably buy a pair of new Pioneer TT's after they've been out for a couple of months.

This is a maybe for me. I generally grab every top piece Pioneer releases but after recent support issues (I'll spare you the details as I'm sure I have bored everyone enough with my sob story) from a company that I have singlehandedly paid an electric bill or two, I find myself desperately seeing alternatives. The issue with CDJ's is there is not a single other player that is remotely close to as capable (with Serato DJ in mind) as the CDJ-2000Nexus hence this leads to lack of options. In regards to the TT though there are always other options. My 1200's are as reliable as the sun so why support a company that is choosing not to support me is what I am thinking.................. but GOD is it tempting.
deejdave 5:01 AM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:
as a disabled vet with a prosthesis, I'm not lugging around heavy ass coffins when I can walk in with a controller.

Oh yeah and to this I salute you!! You don't owe anybody anything let alone an explanation. As any individual who can afford options knows.............. there is a time & a place for everything. Cutting one's self short is not something I am willing to do over pride. I am man enough to admit I was a tough customer to turn but I have since then found myself willing to try anything once. I gave wrote Numark off for years. The NS6/NS7/V7's still didn't do it for me (although the build WAS there for the V7/NS7 it's just not one of my necessity areas as I have mentioned already) but I still gave the NS7II chance and I am glad I did as it certainly changed my outlook on them. When the NV news came out I found myself instinctively leaning to say "I'll wait until Pioneer comes out with this" I then asked myself why? So they can add ONE more feature and double the price? Point is everything has a purpose. Even if that purpose is not for you it still serves a purpose for someone. BTW I gave Denon a chance recently after writing them off for years as well but unlike Pioneer they remain written off (to me that is) as they simply do not have enough features with the software I use.
DJNitro12 5:03 AM - 19 July, 2014
Quote:

Oh yeah and to this I salute you!! You don't owe anybody anything let alone an explanation.

Thank you
Souls Liberation 7:21 PM - 19 July, 2014
It's great to see everybody talking and giving opinons on the new product but let's all keep the respect. On a musical note, it's not what you have... but how you use it. PRIME EXAMPLE AND READ WELL DJ's/PEOPLE.
I had a friend whose mom owned a club (in Jamaica). One night he dropped a tune, Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock 'It Takes Two'. He played that track before it was released publicly and only the radio stations had it. The crowd went ballistic then he dropped Chubb Rock 'Yo Bad Chubbs', crowd went mad. Guys came up and asked how he got the Rob Base & EZ rock tune and nobody has it but the radio stations and asked for a rewind. He couldn't do a rewind. WHY. Because he dropped the tunes from a CASSETTE. You heard me, a CASSETE, TDK Maxell, Chrome 90min played in a JVC deck. To make it more interesting, you figured it out. He recorded the songs from a radio station, FAME FM (Jamaica). Caught them perfectly, beginning to end. Like I said, he rocked the club using a CASSETTE. Did the club audience know this. NO. They danced their feet off though. So my point is technology is great and it changes the times but to each is own and for a fact, you need great equipment but it's how you use what you got my fellow people. I DJ too (but not my main job) so I've seen many stuff over the years therefore I speak from and with experience. We will always have the ying and yang of life and it's situations but let's all be respectful of everyone that makes this world of DJing continues. I mean, EVERYONE. Now after 26 years around this field, I still have a lot to learn in every aspect too so I still have an open mind to all this technology. I grew up on 8 tracks :-) now I roll with wav's and mp3's and will be playing at a large festival come next weekend for 2 nights. 1 to the public, 1 backstage for artists, families, friends, guests and looking forward to this and I could just feel like to do a set from my Ipad or Vestax 300 or 380 or Pioneer decks or the Technics, I don't know but i'll be prepared to enjoy and let the people enjoy. So just enjoy what you all do and enjoy the technology as it evolves just like us as humans with our skills :-). So peace to all and how do I know about the scenario I just told you? Because I witnessed the whole process of the radio recording to standing behind the deck in the club when all this happened. CASSETTE ROCKS A CLUB - 1988 :-). Enjoy technology and thanks Serato.
deejdave 4:05 AM - 20 July, 2014
Very interesting post but this still seems like a case of what you have........... as the music you own is just as important as the gear you own unless there are methods or skills with cassette players that I am unaware of that were applied here that made it what it was. No offense meant and I'm not trying to be a argumentative pain in the ass but just an obvious observation.

Those were amazing times though for sure.

Back to the NV though............ a long ways past cassettes huh? LOL Can you imagine what comes after mp3/files etc? DAMN!!
Souls Liberation 10:14 AM - 20 July, 2014
Greetings D, I won't take offense man, it's all good and i'm a level headed guy too. My post, if one reads between the line is about technology. There'll always be different types around and we have choice to use whatever when the needs arise. When my friend did that stuff with the cassette, there were decks in the club too but he didn't have the technology to transfer the cassette to record or cd. CD players weren't even in the club, just turntables. Yes he was creative how he put the tunes on the cassette too as even back in them days, we did mix tapes by patiently using double deck tapes and carefully selecting the pieces of music we wanted to put on our mix tapes and believe, they were great. We had the patience and some skills to do this and that's how we actually started before migrating to turntables in the 80's. So my post is all about evolving. Everything has a cycle, everything advances and we just find ways to work with the times or leave it if it doesn't suits us. Just like the Numark. I'm not a fan but I would never knock the company or equipment as I said, to each his own so my 80's experience was a classic example to use as reference as it spoke about respect, skills, evolving, technology etc., and I guarantee that Numark is going to let one of these companies think twice, step up their game. So it's all good man and I respect you for saying your peace, this is what makes conversations, this is a representation of evolving too. As for the future of music, we just might have a gadget we just call the name of a track and it starts to play and the device can be set to mix mode too? Now I have to say... DAMN :-).
kenn thee'dj 10:15 AM - 20 July, 2014
i love it... my question is if i can b able to buy it in my country i live in kenya....
Dehoney 1:02 PM - 20 July, 2014
Would be even better if you could use samples such as the Virtual DJ does
deejdave 5:57 PM - 20 July, 2014
Quote:
As for the future of music, we just might have a gadget we just call the name of a track and it starts to play and the device can be set to mix mode too? Now I have to say... DAMN :-).

Scary thought indeed. When this happens we may as well be able to have conversations on forums & such as there won't be much of a demand for us in the clubs LOL.

Evolution is certainly a scary thing. There is MUCH good from what is coming but there are risks as well. I am always for anything that bridges the gap between man & machine. I typically use my Ableton Push controller in this discussion. I had many ideas and some great sounds in my head. I could not for the life of me figure out a way to turn it into reality. The Ableton Push controller was able to get me and my Ableton software communicating better. The sounds produced at this point are all me BUT I just needed that input device to get the sounds in my head into my speakers. This is where it is great. I always like to remind that the question should not always be "Can we" but should also be "SHOULD we" as there are aspects that could be lost when certain technology is introduced. I am hoping for the best but many a times I find myself with some of the younger new guys (Not meaning to insult anyone or stereotype but it just goes with the territory) and I realize they would be happy with a Pioneer "Box" that did it all for them and they could simply fist pump on stage. Unfortunately THIS is contagious and it seems it is becoming more & more a reality. This is also a danger that comes from these controllers......................... especially ones that have so much capabilities at such a low price.

As much as this NV is amazing (or at least looks to be) I am assuming the build will not be what the NS7II was as the prices simply does not reflect higher end gear.

Quote:

I am assuming the majority here would prefer the way Serato handles samples being they chose Serato over VDJ.
DJ K-Ceaser 1:37 PM - 21 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think Pioneer will release an update of the DDJ-SZ with a screen. On the official video of the SZ the guy has specify that it is the last controller Pioneer controller's for Serato.
Personally i do no think that the screen on the controller can display all the information that we see on the laptop. the fact that we do not have to use the laptop i got a doubt
about it .

Not Exactly, he actually said that This was the Last Controller of the DDJS (Etc) Series. They are moving on to something new that's all.
DJ K-Ceaser 1:50 PM - 21 July, 2014
Looks Cool, however the DDJSX is still at the top of the Food Chain. Countless Nights I have utilized the many Inputs that it has, for aux, phono, cd and or 2 Mics Purposes. I actually would rather view my computer screen due to the fact that I jump around varies crates rapidly while DJing. Also let's point out the obvious, they are trying to hype everyone up and push the fact that you won't need your computer screen. Lol, close your computer right now in the Middle of your set and see what Happens.
Ragman 2:42 PM - 21 July, 2014
^Exactly...
no1djkb 3:35 PM - 21 July, 2014
Guys I am trying to figure out why anyone would come on here and put down another person. What is the point.

Look I am sure everyone on here DJ's because they love music. I have loved music since my dad use to come home and play his BB King and Bobby Blue Bland albums in the 70's.

I have been DJiing off and on since 1985 and back in the day we did not hate on each other because of what type of equipment we used. Well everyone had 1200s back then:) but we all had different mixers.

My point is it doesn't matter what a person uses as long as it gets the job done and they are comfortable with it. I am not like you guys, I went straight from 1200's to the NS6 because I could not find anymore records at all. I probably can't be a spokesman for its durability because I only average 2 parties a month but it has not crashed on me once (I have a Alienware Laptop). If you guys have DJed as long as I have, you know when you are buying equipment, you will sometimes get lemons.
My motto is take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. Always do preventive maintenance.
Oh one more thing. I have performed around 8 or 9 times since I bought my NS6 two years ago at a club and it worked great. I remember someone saying controllers are not good for clubs but mine worked great:).
Have a good day fellas and keep the crowd rocking:).
no1djkb 3:40 PM - 21 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
As for the future of music, we just might have a gadget we just call the name of a track and it starts to play and the device can be set to mix mode too? Now I have to say... DAMN :-).

Scary thought indeed. When this happens we may as well be able to have conversations on forums & such as there won't be much of a demand for us in the clubs LOL.

Evolution is certainly a scary thing. There is MUCH good from what is coming but there are risks as well. I am always for anything that bridges the gap between man & machine. I typically use my Ableton Push controller in this discussion. I had many ideas and some great sounds in my head. I could not for the life of me figure out a way to turn it into reality. The Ableton Push controller was able to get me and my Ableton software communicating better. The sounds produced at this point are all me BUT I just needed that input device to get the sounds in my head into my speakers. This is where it is great. I always like to remind that the question should not always be "Can we" but should also be "SHOULD we" as there are aspects that could be lost when certain technology is introduced. I am hoping for the best but many a times I find myself with some of the younger new guys (Not meaning to insult anyone or stereotype but it just goes with the territory) and I realize they would be happy with a Pioneer "Box" that did it all for them and they could simply fist pump on stage. Unfortunately THIS is contagious and it seems it is becoming more & more a reality. This is also a danger that comes from these controllers......................... especially ones that have so much capabilities at such a low price.

As much as this NV is amazing (or at least looks to be) I am assuming the build will not be what the NS7II was as the prices simply does not reflect higher end gear.

Quote:

I am assuming the majority here would prefer the way Serato handles samples being they chose Serato over VDJ.

Man I agree with you how scary it is with technology taking over. It seems as if the art of mixing and scratching is going away. It is sad to me in a way. My partner and I was talking about the day we started. I use to catch the city bus over his house when school was out for the summer and we would mix all day, practicing like crazy. With what is out now, you don't have to do that at all anymore.
deejdave 5:04 PM - 21 July, 2014
Yah "DJ ScratchNSniff on the Iphones keepin you movin all night long!!"

I mean I guess whatever works but I for one do have a very fine line of what I will/won't do. It has always been very simple for me. As long as it gives without taking (ANYTHING) away I will try it (at least once).

For instance I WILL use laptop setup that gives you total control over a library while adding MUCH more capabilities with said library.

I WON'T use an iPhone/iPad which gives you limited control over the same library. Not to say the iPad (etc.) does not have a home in a professional setup as there are other ways they are used and more coming out every day. (example - Serato Remote)

I WILL use a controller that gives me full control over the manipulation of my music while maintaining the similar feel I am used to.

I WON'T use a mini controller that gives you limited control over the same music which utilizes platters that could serve as Barbie's dinner plates.

I mean the closest to hypocrite I get is I DO have Djay for my iPhone and I am thinking of getting the Pioneer DDJ-SB BUT these are both for entertainment purposes and are not weapons of choice on the job for me.

For me this Numark NV seems to add without taking anything away. As people mentioned you DO lose some capabilities in closing the lid as Numark suggests BUT this gimmick is easily countered by simply keeping the lid open. I don't see this as negating the purpose of the screens either as I tend to use my CDJ's as browsers (after selecting the genre/sub-genre of my choosing via the laptop) and such with the screen capabilities they have. These screens seem way more capable.
D.Brown that DJ 5:06 PM - 21 July, 2014
Hell Yes! I knew it! Thank you Numark! I was just about to trade my NS6 for a DDJ SX. I'm sooo glad I waited. I did not want to submit to Pioneer. I'm so excited, I haven't even read the browser! I'll take it as long as it's on the level of the SX, I'll take it!
D.Brown that DJ 5:47 PM - 21 July, 2014
Sounds to me, like someone at Numark understands marketing. It obviously doesn't cost a fortune to produce the product! And unlike Pioneer they understand that instead of charging top dollar and trying to convince you it's worthy quality, the best way to get these off the selves faster, is to keep the price tag relatively lower than its targeted competition, the SX. This is only $100 more than the SR ( which is killing the Pioneer, and DDJ brand with that firmware issue by the way) but it looks like it's going to bang like the SX and its targeted competition, the NS6. Great move to pull all the folks who just about to purchase an SR, SX, or SZ. That's Marketing 101!
Dokumentary 9:06 AM - 22 July, 2014
Are you guys really scared of this thing? (Numark NV)

Trust me it's not gonna put you outta work. It's just a gimmick.

I'm not saying that a controller that has screens/waveforms is pointless but, it's not the one that lets you keep your laptop at home. Until they make that that one or until SDJ gets a iPad app, your residency is safe... Lol

BTW... Why doesn't SDJ have an iPad app yet? It's really just for controller DJs anyway right? Have you ever tried using it for DVS? Its like playing pool with a piece of rope... Just limp d*cked & useless.
Uncle Donn 3:15 PM - 22 July, 2014
Quote:
Sounds to me, like someone at Numark understands marketing. It obviously doesn't cost a fortune to produce the product! And unlike Pioneer they understand that instead of charging top dollar and trying to convince you it's worthy quality, the best way to get these off the selves faster, is to keep the price tag relatively lower than its targeted competition, the SX. This is only $100 more than the SR ( which is killing the Pioneer, and DDJ brand with that firmware issue by the way) but it looks like it's going to bang like the SX and its targeted competition, the NS6. Great move to pull all the folks who just about to purchase an SR, SX, or SZ. That's Marketing 101!

AGREED! Numark was lacking in that area, the NS6 is a bit dated. Numark has the entry level and the high end covered, this should be interesting.....
deejdave 8:33 PM - 22 July, 2014
Quote:
which is killing the Pioneer, and DDJ brand with that firmware issue by the way

Which firmware issue is this now?
D.Brown that DJ 8:44 PM - 22 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

The one where serato would freeze up when you move the BPM adjustment. It went on for months! Look back at the forums. Folks were going crazy about it! I may have cleared by now.
DJ Joe Cool Panama 9:42 PM - 22 July, 2014
People..! Remember that Dj Controllers were made for Dj's that are always on the road. There were not made to replace the profesional players. By now we all should know that these products were created to make on the road dj´s trips more easy at the time of set up & performance.
DJ Joe Cool Panama 9:53 PM - 22 July, 2014
So to me..! Numark has done an exellent job creating hardware for on the road dj's. Personaly I was expecting something new by Numark at this point.
Uncle Donn 11:15 PM - 22 July, 2014
Quote:
People..! Remember that Dj Controllers were made for Dj's that are always on the road. There were not made to replace the profesional players. By now we all should know that these products were created to make on the road dj´s trips more easy at the time of set up & performance.

Interesting you would say that, I believe controllers made for DJs...period. What is a "profesional player", the NS7II, the SX, SZ, CDJ 2000 or 900 or turntables? All these just control software, some more efficient than other, but thats the basic idea lately....
deejdave 1:06 PM - 23 July, 2014
As I
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The one where serato would freeze up when you move the BPM adjustment. It went on for months! Look back at the forums. Folks were going crazy about it! I may have cleared by now.

LOL I wasn't even aware. Which controllers am I searching. Out of the DDJ Lineup I have the DDJ-SZ & DDJ-SX & DDJ-SP1. and I can say I obviously never encountered this. I am guessing this is DDJ-SR or below? I am not lazy just the first few threads that were associated with BPM & freezing were not exclusive to Pioneer serato.com yet when I did find a firmware issue it was related to analyzing and freezing serato.com which WAS in fact DDJ-SR. It seemed as though it was related to people not knowing how to update firmware properly or something.

Quote:
Quote:

Interesting you would say that, I believe controllers made for DJs...period. What is a "profesional player", the NS7II, the SX, SZ, CDJ 2000 or 900 or turntables? All these just control software, some more efficient than other, but that's the basic idea lately....

Although I don't have such "Set" opinions on what is what I do find it quite coincidental that I strictly abide by this exact criteria. I bring my DJM-900SRT or Rane 64 with the CDJ's & SP1 to all my paid gigs (well my normal paying gigs which are $150/hr) and I keep my DDJ-SZ or DDJ-SX for my friend parties & low paying gigs ($200/night) as I wouldn't feel right charging my premium price and using anything but my premium gear.

Although I haven't done a real club spot in about 2 yrs. as it is getting tougher to get my $100/hr minimum from promoters due to the hordes of new DJ's that will work for scraps. I stick to my private parties where I make about 4 times as much as nightclubs. That being said right up to the end (about 1 1/2 yrs ago) it was always my CDJ's/Mixer setup if they didn't have a similar setup (which they 9/10 did have anyways).

Lastly I would say it is safe to assume that the only reason I did go with the controllers I did is because of their familiarity to an actual CDJ/DJM setup. I would also go a step further and say that this is why Pioneer has the market by far. Again I am not debating capabilities or quality etc. just the straight fact that you see a Pioneer controller more often than not.
no1djkb 2:08 PM - 25 July, 2014
Quote:
As I
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL I wasn't even aware. Which controllers am I searching. Out of the DDJ Lineup I have the DDJ-SZ & DDJ-SX & DDJ-SP1. and I can say I obviously never encountered this. I am guessing this is DDJ-SR or below? I am not lazy just the first few threads that were associated with BPM & freezing were not exclusive to Pioneer serato.com yet when I did find a firmware issue it was related to analyzing and freezing serato.com which WAS in fact DDJ-SR. It seemed as though it was related to people not knowing how to update firmware properly or something.

Quote:
Quote:

Interesting you would say that, I believe controllers made for DJs...period. What is a "profesional player", the NS7II, the SX, SZ, CDJ 2000 or 900 or turntables? All these just control software, some more efficient than other, but that's the basic idea lately....

Although I don't have such "Set" opinions on what is what I do find it quite coincidental that I strictly abide by this exact criteria. I bring my DJM-900SRT or Rane 64 with the CDJ's & SP1 to all my paid gigs (well my normal paying gigs which are $150/hr) and I keep my DDJ-SZ or DDJ-SX for my friend parties & low paying gigs ($200/night) as I wouldn't feel right charging my premium price and using anything but my premium gear.

Although I haven't done a real club spot in about 2 yrs. as it is getting tougher to get my $100/hr minimum from promoters due to the hordes of new DJ's that will work for scraps. I stick to my private parties where I make about 4 times as much as nightclubs. That being said right up to the end (about 1 1/2 yrs ago) it was always my CDJ's/Mixer setup if they didn't have a similar setup (which they 9/10 did have anyways).

Lastly I would say it is safe to assume that the only reason I did go with the controllers I did is because of their familiarity to an actual CDJ/DJM setup. I would also go a step further and say that this is why Pioneer has the market by far. Again I am not debating capabilities or quality etc. just the straight fact that you see a Pioneer controller more often than not.

As I said in the my other post I probably don't DJ as much as you guys do (average 2 parties a month). I would really like to know from you guys the difference in controllers. I have seen probably half in favor of my controller the NS6 and half that say they don't like it. Hey I am not a champion for anything since I can't compare (never owned another controller before).
In the future I plan on getting another controller to have a back up (that is something I just believe in). I guess my ultimate question is :), is it the controller or the user. I know with computers most of the time it is user error. Not saying all laptops are the same, but I will say a lot of them are serviceable.
Uncle Donn 6:03 PM - 25 July, 2014
I Dj half as much as you..Skills are skills, I see DJs throwing down mixes on simple entry level setups. Get to know your music & practice, controllers are tools of our craft. I must say though, get a controller that was designed around your software of choice and life becomes a little easier...I have used Numar & Pioneer controllers, but when I hit the road for quick gig, my Denon MC~2000, Beringer mixer & my iPad with Serato Remote gets the job done quite well...
no1djkb 6:23 PM - 25 July, 2014
Yes I totally understand the skills part. Thanks for answering my question. Equipment is equipment that is the answer I wanted to know. Its more about your preference. Its just some guys make it sound like if you don't get a pioneer controller, you will not get everything you need.
deejdave 7:21 PM - 25 July, 2014
Skills are skills, tools are tools but even as a carpenter I have learned that the job gets done with much more ease & flair with the right tool. I would say this day & age performance pads are a MUST (at least for me), XLR outputs are necessary for me, and a few other things. I prefer a dedicated Mic section (as most of my gear has but at times get by just fine with the channel style (DDJ-SX). Above all yes I would say it's about preferences. For me (being I use CDJ's as my main rig) it does make sense to stick with Pioneer controllers as they are almost identical in layout to the pro rigs. This makes sense to me as even though I only use my controllers for practice, fun & small (usually non-paid) gigs I am still basically training with my usual workflow & layouts.

By no means the only way though.
no1djkb 8:10 PM - 25 July, 2014
Well said deejdave well said:). You know I wish I could afford some CDJ's. I can't justify spending more money on equipment if I don't spin that much (wife would be all over me on that one LOL). I wish I could see you guys spin. I see good comments on here. Sometimes it brings me back to the old days when all us helped each other out. Man I remember one party I did in high school where we had five DJs spinning. It was fun.
Uncle Donn 2:00 AM - 26 July, 2014
Quote:
Skills are skills, tools are tools but even as a carpenter I have learned that the job gets done with much more ease & flair with the right tool. I would say this day & age performance pads are a MUST (at least for me), XLR outputs are necessary for me, and a few other things. I prefer a dedicated Mic section (as most of my gear has but at times get by just fine with the channel style (DDJ-SX). Above all yes I would say it's about preferences. For me (being I use CDJ's as my main rig) it does make sense to stick with Pioneer controllers as they are almost identical in layout to the pro rigs. This makes sense to me as even though I only use my controllers for practice, fun & small (usually non-paid) gigs I am still basically training with my usual workflow & layouts.

Like you stated, pads, XLR & a dedicated Mic section are a MUST for YOU...not for everyone, and if you read my post carefully I said the right controller for the software makes life easier and I think that is where it starts for controllers. A lot of controllers were mapped for Serato DJ after its release, so many funtions have to be activated with the shift function...I like to travel light so my compact MC2000 plus Serato Remote put my capabilities right up there with a lot of other controllers even pads...

By no means the only way though.
deejdave 4:50 AM - 26 July, 2014
Also keep in mind the Denon MC2000 is one of those controllers you speak of that was mapped for Serato DJ after its release The MC2000 was actually designed for Serato DJ Intro which may be a reason there were no pads included. I would have to say I could not get by with any of my setups (using software) without performance pads. Creatively they are just the perfect tool for man & machine to communicate. AGAIN I STRESS this is my opinion and by no means the only way of it. If you look at all the exclusive Serato DJ controllers (There are only four of them) they all have pads. I have three out of those four and I can say I fully agree there is nothing like having a software specific controller. That part of the compatibility equation will never be an issue.

TBH one part that may be even more important is your choice of machine running everything. Nothing can put an end to your set quicker than compatibility issues between your software & your laptop.

Anyways BACK TO THE NV LOL.

This new NV will I suppose be the forth exclusive Serato DJ controller. I may not have high hopes for it but I do have hopes for it. Also I am thinking more & more and at the dirt cheap price it will go for how can you lose?
Uncle Donn 3:40 PM - 26 July, 2014
deejdave:

Don't get me wrong, this is all opinion man. We are just kicking it on that ole new technolygy stuff...lol I am like you, I am not crazy about the NV, but Numark is moving in the right direction....I really think they had to fill that market between the NS7II & the Mixtrack Pro II. Great R&D, they recycled the NS6 and added some kool stuff
deejdave 3:58 PM - 26 July, 2014
They sure did. I even spoke with Pulse over at Pioneer about this. Of course he too the defensive route saying how small the screens were etc. BUT when I asked him about which screens had more useful info & tools there was nothing to say about it. YES having the screens in one or at least next to each other makes sense BUT this is for visual matching mostly and I for one (as many here) think its best to keep your face out of the laptop. IMO the screens give you all the right info as well as an interactive overview of the energy level & what to expect. Aside from that utilizing the screen for FX & other features is (again IMO) both innovative & effective. I can't wait to see how it actually plays out as well as how it is accepted. I'm thinking good stuff is to come of this though. Whether you choose to go with the NV or wait it out for whoever's "answer" to this.

It's a Win/Win IMO.
Uncle Donn 5:04 PM - 26 July, 2014
Should be interesting....
Ragman 5:53 PM - 26 July, 2014
Quote:
[...] I can't wait to see how it actually plays out as well as how it is accepted. I'm thinking good stuff is to come of this though. Whether you choose to go with the NV or wait it out for whoever's "answer" to this.

It's a Win/Win IMO.

Agreed...
Foday stanley 8:57 AM - 28 July, 2014
Serato didn't make this page for one persons opinion only,

To me its like a survey, a way of getting everyones feedbacks on new release products, bugs and minor issues etc.

But still its amazing how people intend to make name using someone else opinion on a product,

Numark Release a product NV, From my opinion its a smart copy of previous Numark NS6 because i have use it b4. so i wrote my opinions about Numark NV, Directly to Numark as what we DJs Want.

I didn't mention names at 1st or ask for people on here to beef my opinion which they did so i replied back aiming directly at em, so why should i apologise for standing up for myself.

And to everyone who think they know too much here about whats right & wrong, keep it to yourselves, this page is here for public opinions so write you opinions and stop arguing with other peoples opinions.

" Introducing, the Numark NV of Serato DJ"

Does that title means debate on other peoples opinions on the New Product ?

BIG UP TO ALL DJS & LONG LIVE SERATO DJ
AM OUT:::::::::
Mr Wilks 12:29 PM - 29 July, 2014
Well I think you know how I feel about you're uncalled for disrespectful views on me but that was soooo last week.
Mr Wilks 12:31 PM - 29 July, 2014
Obviously this had ruffled a few feathers as it's one announcement that's generated as much opinions as the ending of scratch live.
Uncle Donn 3:21 PM - 29 July, 2014
Happens every time. New software or equipment leads to heated discussion and lots of opinions and often we stray.
no1djkb 4:01 PM - 29 July, 2014
In my experiences, debates are great because it allows you to see things differently. The problem in todays society is when you debate over the internet, people tend to take things too seriously. I saw some of the comments and person or persons seem to take things to personal.
Hey by no means am I trying to tell you how to post. To each his own. I just think when you make things personal, you open yourself up for serious backlash.

I will say this, music to me is a powerful force. For four to five hours you have the power to make people happy. That is why music is so special to me. I love to DJ (98% of the time:)).

To me this forum should be used to promote good DJing. Discuss new and old equipment and how it works for you. It should not be used to call people out.

Keep spinning and rocking the crowd.
Ragman 7:38 PM - 29 July, 2014
Quote:
In my experiences, debates are great because it allows you to see things differently. The problem in todays society is when you debate over the internet, people tend to take things too seriously. I saw some of the comments and person or persons seem to take things to personal.
Hey by no means am I trying to tell you how to post. To each his own. I just think when you make things personal, you open yourself up for serious backlash.

I will say this, music to me is a powerful force. For four to five hours you have the power to make people happy. That is why music is so special to me. I love to DJ (98% of the time:)).

To me this forum should be used to promote good DJing. Discuss new and old equipment and how it works for you. It should not be used to call people out.

Well put ...
Uncle Donn 10:05 PM - 29 July, 2014
Quote:

You speak nothing but TRUTH!!! I think people get edgy when something new comes along that may be "The next BIG thing" when just a few months ago theirs was that "BIG thing" ;0)
deejdave 10:18 PM - 29 July, 2014
I avoid this by getting E-V-E-R-Y thing LOL

It's a sickness : (
Mr Wilks 10:44 PM - 29 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Well put ...

Plus one from moi.
no1djkb 12:53 AM - 30 July, 2014
Thanks fellas for the compliments. I have nothing but respect for you guys. DeeJDave!!! Man I wish I had it like you LOL! When I first came out of the stoneage with my NS6 LOL, I was like man this is cool. Now all of this other gear is coming out and I wish I could just get it all:). I tell you what though, I plan on getting the NS7II next year. I know it is old now but it seems like a beast compared to my little NS6, plus the price will go down a bit hopefully:).
deejdave 1:55 AM - 30 July, 2014
Can get it 1199.99 brand new from an authorized retailer if you want. I aloways use the same place. I got my 900SRT for 1899. my Rane 64 for 1799, can't even say the prices I got my SP1 & DDJ-SZ for though LOL. They have since stopped carrying Rane but Pioneer, and higher end Numark as well as other gear. Mostly higher end though as I said. They are the only reason I even bother getting everything I do.

At the end of the day it is not the gear that makes a DJ though and what impresses me most (on my end) are my technics 1200's and my Urei 1620. They are the grand attraction in my museum (well them and my American DJ Shredder mixer images.search.yahoo.com which was my first ever LMAO) Whatever though as expensive as my Urei is and as cheap as my Shredder was it's me that makes my show what it is. I am sure you guys know what I am saying. For 1,000,000 for 500 for 1 it doesn't matter who you are playing for as long as you enjoy yourself and represent.
Ragman 5:23 AM - 30 July, 2014
dave you gonna try out the new PIo t/ts ???
Ragman 5:26 AM - 30 July, 2014
^ Pio t/t's
no1djkb 1:53 PM - 30 July, 2014
Quote:
Can get it 1199.99 brand new from an authorized retailer if you want. I aloways use the same place. I got my 900SRT for 1899. my Rane 64 for 1799, can't even say the prices I got my SP1 & DDJ-SZ for though LOL. They have since stopped carrying Rane but Pioneer, and higher end Numark as well as other gear. Mostly higher end though as I said. They are the only reason I even bother getting everything I do.

At the end of the day it is not the gear that makes a DJ though and what impresses me most (on my end) are my technics 1200's and my Urei 1620. They are the grand attraction in my museum (well them and my American DJ Shredder mixer images.search.yahoo.com which was my first ever LMAO) Whatever though as expensive as my Urei is and as cheap as my Shredder was it's me that makes my show what it is. I am sure you guys know what I am saying. For 1,000,000 for 500 for 1 it doesn't matter who you are playing for as long as you enjoy yourself and represent.

Dude that would be cool. I will definitely go through you to get my gear. Man I feel you on the, "not the gear that makes the DJ" thing. I tell people all the time, DJing is not easy. You have to know how to feel the crowd. That is a gift and everyone can't do it. I tell you man every song I play, I have at least 5 or 6 songs I can mix with it, that way I don't limit myself. The only songs that I am limited in is 70's or 60's songs. Those songs are hard to mix because most of them have bands that provide the sounds. I use those most of the time if I am sampling at home when I practice.
Most of the crowds I play for know mixing man. I graduated in 1987 and bro I am going to tell you, mixing was so new and fresh back then that everyone got into it. Those crowds were so up on music that if you mixed in something, they could tell what it was before you brought it all the way in. It was kind of a trip because if you messed up on a mix back then, they could pick up on it quick. I practiced for hours on those 1200's to make sure I had my craft down to a tee bro. It is much easier with this sync thing but every now and then I still use my pitch adjustment slider to make sure I still got it. The only thing I need to get better with is using my FX. I see some of the guys on you tube using them and they are off the chain with it. Don't get me wrong, I do use them at a party but not as much as I should.
Uncle Donn 4:38 PM - 30 July, 2014
My crowd is that "Grown & Sexy" group ;0)....They love the classics. I been mashing up those old baslines with the new stuff, been trying to get creative.
no1djkb 4:43 PM - 30 July, 2014
Quote:
My crowd is that "Grown & Sexy" group ;0)....They love the classics. I been mashing up those old baslines with the new stuff, been trying to get creative.

That's the way to do it Uncle Donn
deejdave 3:19 AM - 4 August, 2014
Yeah FLIP mode squad!!!
deejdave 3:19 AM - 4 August, 2014
DJ Serenade 1:14 PM - 5 August, 2014
IMO a real game changer would be to have this operate without a laptop. it's a great concept to have the screens built in to the controller but to still have to rely on the laptop for horse power kinda defeats the purpose. Numark has been leading the industry with innovative controllers but still fall short for practical applications. The NS7 (although a really great controller) is too damn heavy for anyone into the idea of giging with a controller. This NV is def a step in the right direction but you still need to travel with your laptop... First one to develop a controller with built in screen and USB for a XHDD or USB drive (I'm guesssing will be Pioneer) will take the cake. if Pioneer combines forces with their Rekordbox and Serato and applies that to a modular player with built in screens like the CDJ2000, THAT will most likely end up as the new standard in most clubs. and as far as an all in one controller with mixer section, just ditch the laptop all together, I'm saying there are smart phones with quad-core processors and 3gb of ram, I figure that's plenty of horse power to have built in to a player with a screen and no longer need to carry a laptop to a gig.
Ragman 1:50 PM - 5 August, 2014
I actually like the girth and the heaviness of the NS7II. Of course I'm old school and realize to have motorized platters with torque and durability is gonna bring weight to the controller. For me going from literally over a hundred pounds on my coffin (w t/t & mixer) alone makes the NS7II seem light weight to me. Ultimately it comes down to the individuals perspective, but that's why we have different varieties and flavors of controllers. I do agree that the true game changer in a Serato controllers will eliminate the laptop all together. They just need to remember that what makes the laptop so functional is the way it centralizes your features, library and visuals. The NV is a good attempt but falls short by, like you said, still having to refer back to the laptop, but also splitting features/library controls/visuals between both decks instead keeping a centralistic workflow to the controller. That in my opinion is digressing from the whole point of a controller. I want my decks on the controller minimalist as possible (basically a stripped down V7 or SC3900 with the only features outside of t/t controls being multi-functional velocity pads). All other features will be integrated in the mixer section. The LCD does not have to be embedded but come as an attachment in 2 different sizes (i.e. 9" and 13"). These are just a few of my thoughts that would be a true game changer for me from a hardware controller standpoint.
DJ Serenade 2:25 PM - 5 August, 2014
yea, in camparison to TTs and a mixer in a coffin the NS7 is much lighter. it's geared more towards a mobile DJ, you could never bring an NS7 into any a booth at any club I can think of. bringing the NV prob wouldn't be a great idea either for that matter. in terms of becoming a standard in clubs around the world a modular approach makes the most sense to me. DJs who prefer not to travel with crates or big CD books and also don't like using laptops in their gigs are already using usb drives and can plug in to a Rekordbox enabled CDJ which is available in many DJ booths all over. if a Pioneer CDJ2000 could read your serato library and was upgraded to display the waveforms and data like the screens on the NV it will without a doubt become the standard. if Numark developed a player like this it wouldn't have the Rekordbox capabilty, but if you could plug a USB into it and play your files with Serato no one would care or miss Rekordbox either. it's the way to go.
DJ Serenade 2:28 PM - 5 August, 2014
and this solution would end once and for all the stigma attached to a DJ using a laptop (even though real DJs know using a laptop doesn't make you less of a DJ)
no1djkb 3:06 PM - 5 August, 2014
You guys are kidding me right? I am not talking about you just to let you know first but I am kind of messing with you guys. I understand now that people are never satisfied in life LOL! Dude my first real party which was my high school homecoming. I had two turntables, five crates of records, mixer, amp, 4 speakers, a reverb, and a equalizer. In 2002 which was my last party before I started back in 2009, I had four crates of records, a coffin with mixer and two turntables, four speakers, and a amp. Now I bring a laptop, a controller, amp and two speakers. I can't see how anyone would complain about equipment being too heavy these days. Dude we are living in a DJ fantasy right now. :)
no1djkb 3:11 PM - 5 August, 2014
As far as DJing. Anyone knows a person can play songs but like I said before, a true DJ has to be able to move the crowd. Get on the mic and get people going if they are not on the dance floor. Play the songs they are flowing to and don't play what you want to here. Man I have had to go as far back as the early 60's to move a crowd. I know nothing of that type of music but hey when I see the smiles on the faces of people, I am on cloud nine because I know I rocked the crowd.
deejdave 4:58 PM - 5 August, 2014
I would agree with you but I pride myself in getting this done without my voice being hear. I am a crowd reader and I can tell what will/won't work. I also have no problem straight up ignoring a request for an entire night if I feel it will hurt the energy in the crowd. To me nobody came there to hear me talking so I avoid it at all costs.

As far as he gear without laptop discussion prior it is my understanding that this is EXACTLY where Rekordbox is at as we speak. And it works well in my experience. I just 100% prefer to have my laptop. EVEN when I go with Rekordbox I use the laptop as the main source of music sending the tune to the CDJ's & Mixer via ethernet cable. While this may be the answer for some I feel the laptop controller will remain the most demanded setup. If nothing else for its ease. People are used to their computers all day everyday and may feel having it there is essential when performing. Just an opinion but I feel this exact logic is why Rekordbox is not catching in the manistream DJ scene. A LOT of people hear about it but when they realize what it is as opposed to their current app they opt not to use it in many cases.
DJ Serenade 10:36 PM - 5 August, 2014
Quote:
You guys are kidding me right? I am not talking about you just to let you know first but I am kind of messing with you guys. I understand now that people are never satisfied in life LOL! Dude my first real party which was my high school homecoming. I had two turntables, five crates of records, mixer, amp, 4 speakers, a reverb, and a equalizer. In 2002 which was my last party before I started back in 2009, I had four crates of records, a coffin with mixer and two turntables, four speakers, and a amp. Now I bring a laptop, a controller, amp and two speakers. I can't see how anyone would complain about equipment being too heavy these days. Dude we are living in a DJ fantasy right now. :)

I agree carrying a laptop is not that big of a deal, and whats available is nothing we used to have to carry. but that being said there maybe occasions when you'd rather not bring your laptop to a venue, and besides that, if they're going to basically replace using a lap top with built in screens having to still plug into a lap top is cumbersome. I understand that the controller would be using the laptop's processing power, but like I said there is technology on available on smartphones costing less than $200 that can run Serato smoothly so why not build a controller that can run Serato without the laptop? that what this is aiming for.
DJ Serenade 10:49 PM - 5 August, 2014
don't get me wrong I still think the NV is great and def a step in the right direction. I applaud Numark for their innovation over the years but can see Pioneer out doing them again with a controller that comletely ditches the laptop and still uses Serato, it would be a shame since Numark could have done it first. they already have a multitude of DJs who don't want to play music files but rather not be tethered to a laptop during a gig using Rekordbox if you add the ability to read Serato crates and data with all the waveforms and info on the built in screen it's a wrap. the hardware technology for that already exists and it's cheap. imagine a CDJ2000 like stand alone controller using Serato on the screen instead of or in conjunction with Rekordbox...
deejdave 11:53 PM - 5 August, 2014
Quote:
can see Pioneer out doing them again with a controller that comletely ditches the laptop and still uses Serato

You understand Pioneer would be 100% creating direct competition for themselves and risk losing Rekordbox users? This does not sound like something Pioneer would do at all. Also keep in mind like I mentioned already Rekordbox 3.0 increased the need for a laptop rather than decreased the need this offering some insight leading to the opposite conclusion.

Quote:
imagine a CDJ2000 like stand alone controller using Serato on the screen

This is kind of impossible. Serato is a computer application. As the NV shows you can use elements of Serato and display them on external displays. Let's just say you now move EVERYTHING onto the screen of the player now. Sorry for pointing out the obcious but NOW isn't the DJ STARING at the CDJ instead. The item they are staring at is not the issue (being the laptop) the issu is they are not staring at the crowd.

Anything is possible and I am obviously just stating the obvious that the market is undoubtedly heading toward implementing more laptop use as we just saw with Rekordbox 3.0 which is pretty amazing in itself BTW.
deejdave 11:57 PM - 5 August, 2014
Noctice how just about every aspect of improvement in Rekordbox 3.0 100% involve a laptop. forums.pioneerdj.com The audition feature, waveform view (in the library view) & the dual deck layout are pretty dope for the record.
Dokumentary 4:00 AM - 6 August, 2014
Quote:
Noctice how just about every aspect of improvement in Rekordbox 3.0 100% involve a laptop. forums.pioneerdj.com The audition feature, waveform view (in the library view) & the dual deck layout are pretty dope for the record.

I just downloaded 3.0. Having never used Recordbox before, I gotta say, it's pretty dope. I have a feeling I would use it to organize my library and audition mixes when I'm just sitting around with my laptop. Unfortunately Recordbox doesn't support video files. My library is mostly videos as I'm a video DJ so as it stands now RB is useless for me.

I could def see Pioneer doing something like the NV in the near future. They already have CDJ's and controllers with screens built in. Maybe the next XDJ-AERO or XDJ-R1...
There's a bunch of media players out there with screens. The NV's screens just mimic an SDJ playing deck. Any manufacturer could do this if they wanted to.
deejdave 4:07 AM - 6 August, 2014
True dat!! In terms or preparation Rekordbox is amazing. Combined with the Rekordbox APP working on the go is sick. The wireless feature from the iPhone to the CDJ is no gimmick either. I use that pretty regularly. I actually have my friends link up and send the songs they want played to the players when I have house parties LOL.

Lotta potential with Rekordbox
Ragman 5:29 AM - 6 August, 2014
Quote:
True dat!! In terms or preparation Rekordbox is amazing. Combined with the Rekordbox APP working on the go is sick. The wireless feature from the iPhone to the CDJ is no gimmick either. I use that pretty regularly. I actually have my friends link up and send the songs they want played to the players when I have house parties LOL.

Lotta potential with Rekordbox

No joke. I love my XDJ-AERO. I'm really stoked about RB 3.0. I'll wait until the weekend to play with that and SDJ 1.7. I must from my view point, It's a great time to be a DJ gentlemen.
Ragman 5:30 AM - 6 August, 2014
^ "I must say" ^
deejdave 3:15 PM - 6 August, 2014
You ain't kidding. What's weird though is I have not really heard from the last of my three children. I would have thought that Traktor would have SOMETHING gong on by now. The silence is confusing me.
Ragman 6:15 PM - 6 August, 2014
Good point. Both companies usually have a follow up offering after one of them brings out something major.
deejdave 6:19 PM - 6 August, 2014
Yeah. Traktor has been silent through Virtual DJ 8 (which is pretty awesome), Rekordbox 3.0 (Which is pretty awesome LOL) and Serato...... too much stuff to list LOL. Even my mobile stuff has been on a roll DJay now works with Spotify. As a matter of fact this is all pretty huge with NOTHING from Traktor. Kind of scares me. Like they will be adding video or something.

Exciting times for sure!!!

Oh yeah btw from Traktor I hear they are having a sale on the Z1 & x1 in which you get TP2 for free and they also released some new remix sets lol.. C'mon guys get with it. Competition is GOOD. Even if an ap gets something new and it's not YOUR app it is a good thing as it means your developer has to step it up too.
deejdave 5:02 PM - 8 August, 2014
BTW It's kind of amazing how fast something that hasn't even been released yet becomes old news with the announcements of even newer products. I can tell you after the announcement of the AMX / AFX any thoughts of getting the NV are all gone. In the end inMusic still wins though so good moves by them.
Ragman 8:44 PM - 8 August, 2014
Yeah I think I'm gonna purchase both of them. Just to enticing.
deejdave 9:18 PM - 8 August, 2014
Both of them as in AMX & AFX or both of them as in AMX/AFX & Numark NV?
DJ Serenade 9:22 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
can see Pioneer out doing them again with a controller that comletely ditches the laptop and still uses Serato

You understand Pioneer would be 100% creating direct competition for themselves and risk losing Rekordbox users? This does not sound like something Pioneer would do at all. Also keep in mind like I mentioned already Rekordbox 3.0 increased the need for a laptop rather than decreased the need this offering some insight leading to the opposite conclusion.

Quote:
imagine a CDJ2000 like stand alone controller using Serato on the screen

This is kind of impossible. Serato is a computer application. As the NV shows you can use elements of Serato and display them on external displays. Let's just say you now move EVERYTHING onto the screen of the player now. Sorry for pointing out the obcious but NOW isn't the DJ STARING at the CDJ instead. The item they are staring at is not the issue (being the laptop) the issu is they are not staring at the crowd.

Anything is possible and I am obviously just stating the obvious that the market is undoubtedly heading toward implementing more laptop use as we just saw with Rekordbox 3.0 which is pretty amazing in itself BTW.

if Serato implements a way to play files on a stand alone controller with just a USB or XHDD Rekordbox would stand a chance. Rekordbox is great and all but there are waaay more Serato users than Rekordbox users and most of the people I know who use Rekordbox don't use it exclusively meaning they also use Serato or Traktor. the only advantage Rekordbox has had over playing files off of Serato is that you don't have to be gazing at a computer screen throughout half of your set. beleive me once Serato is included in new hardware controllers NO ONE will miss Rekordbox and it would be in Pioneers best interests to either release the licence to developers in order for Serato to read Rekordbox metadata or just ditch Rekordbox altogether. if they go the other route and try to go toe to toe with Serato they'll be shooting themselves in the foot. this is why I think Numark should get on with developing hardware that runs Serato (at least a basic version of it) without a laptop.
DJ Serenade 9:23 PM - 8 August, 2014
actually any Manufacturer could do this, but Numark seems to be the most likely to go there first. if they do they'll be miles ahead of the pack
DJ Serenade 9:31 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:

there is a difference between a big 13-15 monitor in your face and built in screens on a controller the monitor is more distracting even if you place out of the way you'll more time gazing at it than a smaller screen built in to a controller. for example people using rekordbox glance at the track info and an instant as opposed to the 10-15 you spend looking at the laptop screen when you're mixing with Serato or tracktor. (at aleast from what I've noticed) I think the direction they're going in regards to saving the laptop for file preparation is brilliant and the most practical way to go.
DJ Serenade 9:32 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:

oh yea!! I can't wait for the AMX & AFX release!! I want it now :D
Ragman 10:36 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:

AMX & AFX. Excellent backup unit plus some other ideas.
deejdave 2:08 AM - 11 August, 2014
Quote:
I think the direction they're going in regards to saving the laptop for file preparation is brilliant and the most practical way to go.

Just keep in mind Pioneer is now leaning more toward Serato & Traktor not the other way around. They attempted what you are speaking of with the original Rekordbox. Unfortunately as you noticed Rekordbox did not catch on as much as one would hope. Rekordbox 3.0 now makes the use of a laptop during performance even more useful & important.
Quote:
Quote:

AMX & AFX. Excellent backup unit plus some other ideas.

Yeah MAN!!! Some exciting stuff here!
Asu 11:12 PM - 22 September, 2014
Traktor version....Native instruments Kontrol8
deejdave 12:37 AM - 23 September, 2014
Not quite. NO PLATTERS!! I am considering the S8 BUT it would seemingly be just a very big mixer being I NEED me some platters. I get that the Twitch/Kontrol scheme is to use the strip but that is not me. The rest of the S8 seems nice though being I am a big fan of the kontrol series (X1/F1 etc.).
Dj Wunder 12:38 AM - 25 September, 2014
If you activate AM mode, does the song info disappear from the NV screens as well?
Uncle Donn 3:20 PM - 25 September, 2014
The S8 looks nice, but seems geared more to the Producer/DJ....
deejdave 5:02 PM - 25 September, 2014
Quote:

They are saying the next version of Traktor is even more geared toward producer/remix style sets as opposed to actual traditional DJing.
Uncle Donn 1:21 AM - 26 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

They are saying the next version of Traktor is even more geared toward producer/remix style sets as opposed to actual traditional DJing.

That would make sense....Make your own controllers, make the software to match it, also I think Serato has traditional DJing covered now...
DJ XXXL 12:01 AM - 30 September, 2014
I used to have Numark Mixdeck Quad and i kinda upgraded myself to Pioneer DDJ-SR and all my nightmares started :)
My money is on this 700$ gear as sson as i find it in my local dealer :))
No more pioneer :)

Quote:

Quote:

HELL YEAH
Tgunntheone 6:15 PM - 30 September, 2014
I was lucky enough to snag one of these a bit early and I must say the build quality is far from cheap. It has an excellent sound and an extreme bang for the buck. I highly recommend the Nv. This whole debate is mindless Imo. We as djs have some great tools available to us to display our creativity. Be grateful and go spin some fresh croons!
Tgunntheone 6:16 PM - 30 September, 2014
Choons
Wreckz 11:26 PM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:

Yeah with motorized platers this would be an awesome bad boy.
I´m using it since a few days (nights) and its awesome. I love the better workflow with the displays and a great feature are the touch sensivity knobs.
I love it (so far :)
manilson sousa 3:45 PM - 30 December, 2014
Nice Dj Controller But Pionner is More than that
Blank_Disk 7:26 AM - 14 July, 2015
Fantastic controller, would be nice to be able select what information is shown in the browser windows, key would of greater use as opposed to bpm, as when you create a set you build it with the same style music with similar bpm's to start with, so bmp being shown is pretty irrelevant.
Dehoney 8:12 AM - 19 July, 2015
Can anyone perhaps tell me why my microphone volume adjustment does not highlight in the setup of NS7 ? The volume is very low even though volume is maxed externally.
Using Serato, 1.7.6 and windows 8.1
Blank_Disk 7:30 AM - 3 August, 2015
I would try a different mic buddy, it maybe they only support certain impedance mics.
Mr Wilks 4:20 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:
Can anyone perhaps tell me why my microphone volume adjustment does not highlight in the setup of NS7 ? The volume is very low even though volume is maxed externally.
Using Serato, 1.7.6 and windows 8.1

There's been an issue with that not giving correct visual feedback for what seems like forever now.
I'm not sure if it's something they are aware of but the volume in the setup doesn't reflect where it is on the hardware.

As for the mic itself, as Blank_Disk suggests, I'd roll with a different mic and see if that helps. If you could borrow one to test and see how that goes.
royal casa 7:49 AM - 11 October, 2017
its really cool to see the numark. i really happy to see this. it looks really stunning and cool design. where can i buy this? is it available in indian market?? im from kottayam working as a interior designer. visit: royalcasainteriors.com