Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ NumarkV7-NS7ll working together

Nephew#1 7:54 PM - 30 June, 2014
Hey guys,

Today i made i great discovery.

After i made a discovery that NumarkV7 is working perfect with Twitch.
Now i discover that NumarkV7 is working perfect together with NS7ll.
In a vieuw days i wil make a video and put it on you tube.

I can tel you everything is working perfect.
So you can use the NS7ll to controle deck 1 and 2 .
and 1 V7 can contolr deck 3 and the other V7 can control deck 4.

Its not so difficult.
Start Serato DJ
Plugin your NS7ll
Conect your Linkcable if you have 2 V7
Plug in your V7(set deck B as your master deck)

And now you have a great setup.
Channel 1, is deck 1in SeratoDJ on your V7
Channel 2, is deck 2 in SeratoDJ on your V7
Channel 3, is deck 3 in SeratoDJ on your NS7ll
Channel 4, is deck 4 in SeratoDJ on your NS7ll

V7+NS7ll+Serato DJ working perfect togheter(incl the effects)
Nephew#1 11:12 PM - 30 June, 2014
Btw before you start djing you have to push the right deck button (3 and 4)on your NS7ll to select the right deck in SeratoDJ.

If you don't do that, your NS7ll or V7 will be a little bite confused
AlxRyde 12:52 AM - 1 July, 2014
I can't believe that this actually works o.o
Real, four deck controller control is something that I've actually been wanting to see for a long, long time, can't wait to see the video! Gratz on finding this.
Nephew#1 1:03 AM - 1 July, 2014
Believe me it's working perfect.

Now i've seen a little nice extra thing on the V7.
If you connect everything like a told, you wil see that even your V7 has slip mode if you push the motor off/on button on your V7, than you push one of your hotcue's and you wil see, V7 has slipmode to.
I don't know if this has been normal on the V7 but it's the firsttime i see this
MarcJ 9:04 PM - 1 July, 2014
What version of DJ are you using ? I've tried to hook my v7's up with my ns7ii but never had any success.
Nephew#1 9:34 PM - 1 July, 2014
The latest version.
Did you try it the way i told?
Nephew#1 9:35 PM - 1 July, 2014
You must instal numark V7 and NS7ll drivers both
MarcJ 10:22 PM - 1 July, 2014
Yeah I've got the drivers n did everything as you said. Im running it on MacBook Pro i7 2.6 15" quad core, 8 gb ram. What computer are you using? I really want to get this to work!!
Nephew#1 10:34 PM - 1 July, 2014
You can Try a windows7 pc, i got also a windows7 64bit
MarcJ 11:28 PM - 1 July, 2014
Yes!! Got it working on windows 7 bootcamp on my mac! It was a bit buggy, I'm goin to spend some time on it tomorrow to try n get it running smoothly. Great work Nephew#1!!
Many thanks
Nephew#1 11:33 PM - 1 July, 2014
Thank you, you're welkom.
MarcJ 12:27 PM - 2 July, 2014
I've tried this thoroughly today on windows 7 bootcamp and had some minor success but it is very unstable. I can't get it to work at all on OSX. If this could be officially supported by Serato it would be amazing.
Nephew#1 4:54 PM - 2 July, 2014
I think you have to do it on a normal windows Pc, because my is working perfect without problems and stable.

What is working unstable?
You push the 3 and 4 button firtst on your Ns7 to select the right deck in serato?
MarcJ 5:06 PM - 2 July, 2014
Yeah I pressed the deck select buttons, the v7 platter works at first then it goes in reverse really fast then the platters on the ns7ii become unresponsive. I had it working ok for a couple of minutes. Have you managed to do a video yet?
Nephew#1 5:10 PM - 2 July, 2014
I wil make a video.
I wil try to make it this week but for now i'm on vacation.
Nephew#1 1:39 PM - 6 July, 2014
Hey MarkJ,

Did you try to sync al the decks with the sync button?
I have conect the LPD8 for the SP6 and it's doing great everything is working perfect including the NS7ll and 2xV7

I try to make a video in a couple of days, i'm a little bit bussy know.
MarcJ 2:00 PM - 6 July, 2014
No didn't try that, I give it a shot later. I'm trying to get my hands on a windows laptop to see if that makes any difference.
If I can get this to work flawlessly it would be a perfect set up for me.
Nephew#1 9:49 PM - 7 July, 2014
Keep me informed
Nephew#1 11:25 PM - 14 July, 2014
MarcJ,

You did try it again?
MarcJ 5:29 PM - 15 July, 2014
I can't get it to work correctly, I still haven't tried it on a windows laptop though.
Nephew#1 11:04 PM - 15 July, 2014
Yes i think you beter try it on a windows laptop/desktop.

I stil believe you gonna get it to work.

Im very bussy right now to make a video right now but i promise i wil make that video, give me some time!
Serato, Support
Karl Y 7:37 AM - 16 July, 2014
Hey everyone

Yes, this combination of hardware might work to some extend, but please keep in mind that using more than one primary device with Serato DJ is currently unsupported and may cause unexpected behaviour.
Also, for everyone else reading this - there is no guarantee that other combos of hardware work equally well or even work at all.

Cheers
Karl
Foday stanley 4:54 PM - 19 July, 2014
thanks for the tip but think am sticking with serato advice on this one .
Nephew#1 9:46 PM - 7 September, 2014
Nephew#1 12:33 AM - 8 September, 2014
The video is comming soon, see the picture on djresource.eu
Nephew#1 3:31 PM - 9 September, 2014
To day i discover a another thing.

If you want flip on your V7.

Push your cuepoint on your V7 than push the parameters near the cue function on your NS7ll.

There it is ........Numark V7 has flipmode to
DJ Padida 7:40 AM - 12 September, 2014
Quote:
Hey guys,

Today i made i great discovery.

After i made a discovery that NumarkV7 is working perfect with Twitch.
Now i discover that NumarkV7 is working perfect together with NS7ll.
In a vieuw days i wil make a video and put it on you tube.

I can tel you everything is working perfect.
So you can use the NS7ll to controle deck 1 and 2 .
and 1 V7 can contolr deck 3 and the other V7 can control deck 4.

Its not so difficult.
Start Serato DJ
Plugin your NS7ll
Conect your Linkcable if you have 2 V7
Plug in your V7(set deck B as your master deck)

And now you have a great setup.
Channel 1, is deck 1in SeratoDJ on your V7
Channel 2, is deck 2 in SeratoDJ on your V7
Channel 3, is deck 3 in SeratoDJ on your NS7ll
Channel 4, is deck 4 in SeratoDJ on your NS7ll

V7+NS7ll+Serato DJ working perfect togheter(incl the effects)

I can confirm this works under windows but not on mac osx, probably a driver thing. I'll keep trying to find ways. Nice discovery tho.
Nephew#1 9:17 AM - 12 September, 2014
Whats the problem?whats happen under mac?
MarcJ 9:48 AM - 12 September, 2014
Nephew#1 which laptop are you using?
It won't work at all on a Mac and its ropey on bootcamp.
Can't wait to see the video
Nephew#1 9:55 AM - 12 September, 2014
I got a 64bit windows 7 toshiba A350 laptop.
Video is comming soon
MarcJ 6:17 PM - 14 September, 2014
Has anyone tried this on windows 8?
Nephew#1 6:20 PM - 14 September, 2014
No, and i don't even wants to try it on windows 8.
I don't like windows 8
Nephew#1 6:22 PM - 14 September, 2014
Today i started to make the video.
I hope this week i wil put it online
Nephew#1 10:18 AM - 15 September, 2014
deejdave 2:10 AM - 16 September, 2014
You are aware that this video does NOT show that anything is working 100% right? You show limited features with NO actual sound. It looks like you put a lot of effort into hiding something or purposefully not going to deep into anything for some reason. Why not just simply post a video showing all decks playing at the same time and scratching on each platter (just for demo purpose) then throwing some actual FX on said tracks? I mean even with this we see the Record feature vanish indicating that indeed things are not working 100% just as mentioned above. Also keep in mind there is a good chance this will never be 100% stable if it is not supported.

How about a video showing just what I described. No captions needed. No explanations. Just music and it will at least show that things are indeed working as they should. Also why not show more than just channel one working? There are supposedly four decks working as intended and you never go past channel one?

Quote:
I can't believe that this actually works o.o
Real, four deck controller control is something that I've actually been wanting to see for a long, long time, can't wait to see the video! Gratz on finding this.

This is very easily done with any 4 channel controller and two Pioneer CDJ-850+ players. The difference is this IS a supported setup and works as intended.
Nephew#1 2:31 AM - 16 September, 2014
@deejdaveIif you are not convinced than go bye your self 2 V7 and a NS7.
The reason why i'm not showing everything is because this setup is so easy to do even a child can do this.
And the reason you don't hear any four deck playing is because at the moment i sel my speakers.

But for you i wil make another video when i gotsome new speakers.
deejdave 2:49 AM - 16 September, 2014
I have the NS7II. I would never purchase the V7's though. I own CDJ-2000Nexus's so I can obviously do this any day with no issue as it is supported. www.dropbox.com I mean no offense I am just pointing out a plain fact, You did not show anything. I mean like literally nothing. The way you go from one thing to another you could be using anything to do it with. You are also aware you could use like anything for speakers right?

I mean if you mean to say you CAN'T find ANY way to have the sound come out then how the F could you possibly know everything works if you have never heard it? Something's gotta give here. Either you can/have heard it and CAN have the audio included or you have no idea how it sounds........... correct?

Could you explain why (when you supposedly have four decks working) you only have channel one loaded and playing. I mean all that shows is that channel one works or am I missing something here?

Again I promise I am not trying to offend you here I am just a little baffled. This looks like it took a lot more effort than simply showing everything working, no?

I mean

1.) Play Left V7 show channel up/down, scratch, FX
2.) Play left NS7II deck show channel up/down, scratch, FX
3.) Play right NS7II deck show channel up/down, scratch, FX
4.) Play right V7 show channel up/down, scratch, FX

Done!!!

I am not sitting here calling you a liar I am simply stating you may want to show that things actually work.
Nephew#1 3:08 AM - 16 September, 2014
Deejdave i realy don't know your problem.
You got a great setup, you wil never buy a V7,but you stil want more information?

Btw i used my headphone, thats why i know everything is working oke
deejdave 8:19 PM - 16 September, 2014
No problem. Just stating facts.
Nephew#1 6:50 PM - 23 October, 2014
Quote:
No problem. Just stating facts.

I upload an update of the video......this time with sound(so you wich)
watch it at 3:35

Watchwww.youtube.com
deejdave 11:23 PM - 23 October, 2014
Definately explains a lot more. I know you are going to hate me but I ask the obvious.

1.) Any reason why you did not play all four decks at the same time
2.) Any reason why you stopped the video to play decks 2 & 4
3.) Any reason why you did not combine becks 1 & 2 at any time or decks 3 & 4

Believe it or not I am actually trying to help you.

Nicely done other than that though.
Nephew#1 11:46 PM - 23 October, 2014
1)i didn't think about it.
2)you don't want to see my back
3)i didn't think about it.
deejdave 11:55 PM - 23 October, 2014
I figured which is the only reason I bring these things up. I am not in the habit of calling people liars LOL but I do try to help by verbalizing anything I catch that may have been missed.
deejdave 11:56 PM - 23 October, 2014
Again nice work anyways though.
Nephew#1 10:25 AM - 26 October, 2014
Can i ask you how old are you?

I read the stuf allover again.again and again.

But it looks like's you are a little kid who's eating a sweet cherrypie but don't want to accept that the pie is very nice and sweet.
Even when mom ask; He little boy you like my cherrypie?
Than that little boy is saying ....No i don't like it but can i get more?
deejdave 7:39 PM - 26 October, 2014
What ............ the hell............ are you rambling about now. Actually never mind. I am no longer tracking this thread. You officially are talking to yourself again. To be honest I was simply being kind as no one else seemed to care about anything you do.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:00 AM - 27 October, 2014
I wouldn't get to happy about cause I'm sure Serato will kill this just like they did with the routing of effects with RANE boxs (SL3/4)......... Enjoy while you can.
djkurve 5:02 PM - 27 October, 2014
Quote:
I wouldn't get to happy about cause I'm sure Serato will kill this just like they did with the routing of effects with RANE boxs (SL3/4)......... Enjoy while you can.

Was just gonna say that...

I'm just really shocked that this only works on a PC and not a Mac. Normally it's the other way around.
Nephew#1 5:25 PM - 16 December, 2014
Stil going on with my V7+NS7ll even after the last serato DJ update
DJ Padida 2:40 AM - 30 March, 2015
I thought I was the only one who thought of this. Both V7's and NS7II working with SDJ 1.7.4 beta under windows 7 on mac.