Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Searching for post by user problems?

Laz219 11:19 PM - 25 June, 2014
Hey,
Something I regularly used was clicking on somebodies name in a post to check other posts made by them (usually if the post they made referenced "in my other thread" or similar)
I've noticed the last while though, click on the name and then 'forum messages' doesn't seem to work for a lot of users. Showing 0 posts even when clearly they have made some as I've just clicked through from a post.

Any idea what's happening there?
Davideon 5:57 AM - 14 August, 2014
I've seen that as well
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:19 PM - 18 August, 2014
I was just about to report this and saw this post,
the reason I think this is happening is because if the user your trying to see the messages of happens to have a space in their username,
when it used to search i'm guessing it auto converted a space into a underscore or a percentage sign and 20 like in the url below and therefore no problems but now its not doing that, so when i go see my old messages the url at the top is

serato.com/search?q=&rs[]=f&fu=The+Return+of+Dj+Sparky

serato.com[]=f&fu=The%20Return%20of%20Dj%20Sparky

it also seems to be sporadic, as when i'm logged in and go to my username at the top view my profile I can see my posts but if I click on my username in a thread it brings me to the public view of my profile and this is usually where I cannot see the messages from
blackavenger 11:38 PM - 24 August, 2014
Quote:
I was just about to report this and saw this post

Same here. Only, I can't see anyone's posts. I click on a profile.....go to "forum messages", and it shows "0".
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 1:13 AM - 25 August, 2014
Quote:
Same here. Only, I can't see anyone's posts. I click on a profile.....go to "forum messages", and it shows "0".

Thanks for the report, guys. Looks as though one of the search indexes has stopped working. I'll have a look into this.

In the mean time, if you refresh the page which shows 0 results, it's likely you'll bounce over to one of the working instances.
Laz219 2:27 AM - 25 August, 2014
Seems to be working correctly for me now.
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:17 AM - 30 August, 2014
I still think there are some problems,
most users it works for but some it doesn't,

I just clicked on a member, went to see their posts and it gave 0 results when they clearly have at least one.
Davideon 9:31 AM - 10 January, 2015
Still doesn't work.
blackavenger 12:27 PM - 10 January, 2015
Quote:
Still doesn't work.

Yup, same here.
nik39 8:38 PM - 8 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Still doesn't work.

Yup, same here.

+1
Serato, Support
ChrisD 8:35 PM - 2 March, 2015
We're now using a centralised search index so now, as a minimum, the results should always be the same.

Please let me know if you're continuing to experience problems.
blackavenger 2:44 AM - 3 March, 2015
Will do.
Davideon 12:32 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
We're now using a centralised search index so now, as a minimum, the results should always be the same.

Please let me know if you're continuing to experience problems.

Still not working
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 9:16 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Still not working

Can you provide an example BBD?
blackavenger 12:55 PM - 19 March, 2015
Quote:

It seems to be working fine for me. But just to stress test the system, I tried to search for threads that "6" is in, it came up w' nothing. Perhaps his handle has too few characters in it? When I searched for posts with his old handle, "sixxx", everything popped up within seconds.

Cheers, fellas. It's really nice to FINALLY have this sorted out.
Davideon 1:19 PM - 19 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Still not working

Mm mm. Seems to be ok now. I can't remember which user I searched which didn't work
DJ Remix Detroit 5:36 PM - 7 April, 2015
Search function still not working... any fixes yet?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 10:48 PM - 7 April, 2015
Quote:
Search function still not working... any fixes yet?

Sorry about that - had a small issue with search. It should be back up and running now.
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:12 PM - 9 April, 2015
still has problems,

example this user marlonpruz from the below thread,

serato.com

when you go to see their previous posts nothing, shouldn't it at least show that post if its his only one?

you serato guys are always quick to say fixed when its not, do more testing on your windows pc's!
nik39 5:58 PM - 9 April, 2015
You mean marlonpruz from this thread

serato.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 9:33 PM - 9 April, 2015
Quote:
example this user marlonpruz from the below thread,

This user was banned and had his messages deleted because he is a spammer.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:45 PM - 9 April, 2015
well that might explain it, and nik39 i'm nearly sure thats not the link i posted according to my history i wasn't even in that thread today,
nik39 1:59 AM - 10 April, 2015
Quote:
well that might explain it, and nik39 i'm nearly sure thats not the link i posted according to my history i wasn't even in that thread today,

My bad. You don't have to be in that thread to follow that thread ;)
Davideon 7:54 PM - 28 July, 2015
Still ongoing

serato.com

I've just had a discussion with this user so know he has posts, yet a search shows nothing
Laz219 3:39 AM - 29 July, 2015
Yep, I actually saw this yesterday as well.
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:07 AM - 15 December, 2015
still an issue
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:33 PM - 14 February, 2016
do you guys ever planning on fixing this?
blackavenger 4:05 AM - 15 February, 2016
Quote:
do you guys ever planning on fixing this?

Ha!
monchi 9:35 PM - 15 February, 2016
haha! still not working.
max_imus 11:26 AM - 12 April, 2016
Related issue. If I click on 'your profile', then 'forum messages', I cannot see (some) threads where I have participated. I think it only shows the threads that I am actually still tracking.

This makes no sense at all, there are a million reasons to stop tracking a thread, not the least of which is to stop receiving the e-mail messages. (And yes, I know, I can turn those off, but those are helpful for some threads.)

Also, is there any kind of comprehensible sort order to the threads listed under (my) 'forum messages'?

The forum search is horrible, wouldn't it be a better solution to incorporate a third party forum?