Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ never works

Fergus Lamberton 3:15 AM - 21 June, 2014
So i have a macbook pro running mavericks and have bootcamp running windows 8, ever since I've bought Serato DJ all I've had is problems and it never working, it runs on windows 8 but crashes a lot during a set and with mac i can't even open the program. For this being $100 it needs to be fixed
deejdave 5:09 AM - 22 June, 2014
Open a help request here as I can tell you this is not the case everywhere. Got three MacBook Pro's and all three run SDJ flawlessly. Then again I don't put any software that could potentially cause any issues on my laptops. serato.com
Youngtee 7:08 AM - 22 June, 2014
I agree with DeeJdave best thing would be to do is open a help request.
DJ Quartz 7:10 AM - 23 June, 2014
You definitely need to provide more information.
Fergus Lamberton 11:05 AM - 12 July, 2014
Ok, so i have a macbook pro running mavericks 10.9.4
Every time i try to open the latest Serato DJ it just crashes.
i don't know what more info i can give cause thats it, i open it it loads for about a second then crashes.
raequan 11:09 AM - 12 July, 2014
does the offline player work....?

if it doesnt there is another program interfering with it
Fergus Lamberton 11:14 AM - 12 July, 2014
yes it works offline, and when i turn the internet back on while in the app it works so thank you raequan, but then when i try to activate it, it comes up with ssl error
DJ dVO 12:38 PM - 12 July, 2014
Well, you're using your Mac wrong to begin with. Who on earth buy a Mac to install Window 8.
Fergus Lamberton 2:37 AM - 13 July, 2014
its a school computer, we don't have a choice what we get.
Tommy Deem 3:14 PM - 13 July, 2014
so if u buy an product that basically cant co with ur laptop because mac+win8 is something that serato dosent even support. It's the same thing that buy gasoline to ur diesel car. Own fault.
deejdave 8:33 PM - 13 July, 2014
He has every right to bring it up. Serato shares interest in what works and what doesn't but the issue here is the way it is being presented. When an individual presents a questionable environment at best they should not be all that surprised when things don't work out favorably. When purchasing software it is imperative that you stick to the specifications and support list. Venturing outside these guidelines is a cold, dark & lonely place of failure most of the time.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 10:37 PM - 13 July, 2014
Hey Fergus,

As the guys have mentioned it is definitely best if you open up a help request with our support team you havent had a moment to do that already, you can do that here support.serato.com

Put as much information as you can into the request and they will get back to you and take a look through the problems you are having on that machine.

J