Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ/Itch High CPU Usage

DJ Billionaire Bling 7:42 AM - 5 June, 2014
I bought a back up Macbook 13" Mid 2007 model after my 2013 MacBook Pro crashed. When I first got it I was running OS X Snow Leopard and I did a gig and it worked fine the whole night with serato dj. After I upgraded it as far as it would go to OS X Lion 10.7.5 and every since I have been running a high CPU usage and getting audio drop outs like crazy with both dj and itch. Is this caused by the macbook in lion or is it something else with serato DJ or Itch. I use it with a NS7 controller. any suggestions? I am already thinking of downgrading it back to os x snow leopard and just running it like that til my macbook pro is fixed.
mathis 1:33 PM - 5 June, 2014
Sounds familiar :)

I too, are running late 2007 mbp and ns7. After massive troubles with both mavericks and lion, i have downgraded to snowleopard. Now it's constantly Lise around 25% cpu usage, and no pops or dropouts.
Be sure to connect the ns7 at the right hand usb port (when facing the screen), and analyze your songs in ssl instead of sdj. That Way you get rid of the corrupted files that sdj dosn't discover, and the right hans usb port is highspeed.

God luck!
mathis 1:34 PM - 5 June, 2014
Edit: lies and good (Danish keyboard)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:50 PM - 5 June, 2014
Hi DJ Billionaire Bling ,

If you're having a support issue I'd recommend that you start a new help request and one of our Support Team will help you out with this. You can do this by going here -> support.serato.com (click link).

Cheers,
Michael.
Big Pops 4:31 PM - 7 June, 2014
Michael R high CPU usage is a constant complain that users report to Serato, I also experience high CPU usage , I made a help request, someone did get in contact with me and to date to problem still exist.
Some more attention has to be paid to this problem.
Note I am also a Traktor user and I must say that my CPU do not go through half the stress as it do with Serato Dj.
I also reported a clicking song on some songs when played in Serato Dj with my DDJSX , when I connect my DDJSX to Traktor and play the same song it plays without no problem.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:26 PM - 8 June, 2014
Hey Big Pops,

We're always improving the software were we can, so the more information the Support Team get from users the more they can pass on to the Development Team. If you have a help request open please continue to work with the Team, as they will do their very best to help you out :)

Cheers,
Michael.
Big Pops 8:43 PM - 8 June, 2014
Quote:
Hey Big Pops,

We're always improving the software were we can, so the more information the Support Team get from users the more they can pass on to the Development Team. If you have a help request open please continue to work with the Team, as they will do their very best to help you out :)

Cheers,
Michael.

Hey Michael R all we asking that something be done about the high CPU usage and Drop Outs with SDJ, this problem got worse since version 1.5.2.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:49 PM - 8 June, 2014
Hey Big Pops,

Of course, and we'll always do our best to improve the software where we can. I was just asking that any of these issues be reported via the Support Team, so that they can pass on their findings (posts in the general discussion area are not monitored as often). I hope that clears things up :)

Cheers,
Michael.
Big Pops 8:55 PM - 8 June, 2014
I did start two help request, someone did get in contact with me, all they did was to send me some info to optimize my MBP for Serato Dj. I did all the steps and the issue still exist. I did report back to support telling them that the problem still exist and to date no one from support go back in touch with me
Michael R its a bit frustrating, when you look at most users problem to be high CPU and USB drop out.These issues never existed in Itch or SSL. So what went wrong in SDJ.
Big Pops 8:56 PM - 8 June, 2014
Sorry for the double posting
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:31 PM - 8 June, 2014
Hey Big Pops,

Do you have a link to your existing help thread? I will bump the Support Team for you.

Cheers,
Michael.
Big Pops 10:42 PM - 8 June, 2014
See attached two separate request and the problem still exist, high CPU and dropouts

serato.com

serato.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:59 PM - 8 June, 2014
Hey Big Pops,

Thanks for the links. If you post back in the latest help thread (serato.com) Sam GG will continue to help you. I know it can be a frustrating and sometimes slow process, but he will try to help you with this.

Cheers,
Michael.
DJ_EQmixxx 6:37 PM - 20 January, 2017
By dropping display setting to 20 instead of 60 it will drop the CPU usage there a issue with dj and needs to be fixed ns7 ns6 ECT run at 25 in activity well playing in dj it run at an excessively at 45-48 plus causing drop outs so decrease display setting to 20 u should be OK I have 3.06 dou core 2009 8 g ram working great with dj and itch
DJ_EQmixxx 6:40 PM - 20 January, 2017
There's a video on YouTube showing this fix for dj just type "ns6 serato dj fix" in youtube. Guy explains it there
DJ Tecniq 6:52 AM - 21 January, 2017
Core duo machines are no longer supported in SDJ 1.8 or above. Stick with any 1.7 version you should be fine the problem is your processors upgrade to an i5/i7 machine and problem solved. Core duo machines are very outdated.