Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video-SL 1.1 Beta

DJTRaXxX 12:51 PM - 11 March, 2009
I just downloaded the new Video-SL 1.1 Beta and used it at home for the first time in conjunction with ScratchLive 1.9 Beta.

I have to say that I love the new effects! They are super cool!

So far so good. I only used it for about an hour and had no problems. I will use it more tomorrow to see if I can find any problems.

Great job guys!!!

TTM57SL

MacBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OSX Leopard 10.5.6 WD Passport Studio 500GB firewire 800 connection.

Gateway 15" 1.6GHz Duo Core 2GB RAM Windows XP SP3 WD Passport 250GB USB 2.0 connection. (Used in offline mode only)
J Studda 2:21 PM - 11 March, 2009
Where did you get the link to download it?
DJTRaXxX 3:15 PM - 11 March, 2009
In the Video-SL Public Beta Forum. You have to have a registered copy of Video-SL to download the file at this point. Full public release will come later.
J Studda 6:18 PM - 11 March, 2009
Quote:
In the Video-SL Public Beta Forum. You have to have a registered copy of Video-SL to download the file at this point. Full public release will come later.

Myself and a few others have already done that step. Did you get a link through your email? You must be one of the invites they were speaking of. Let me know something please. THX
Henry GQ 10:45 PM - 11 March, 2009
well for
some reason its telling me that i have the ttmm to make it work ?
when i have the 1.9 and the 1.1 installed ?
unless somehow video 1.02 is there how ?
Serato
Nathan H 1:17 AM - 12 March, 2009
J Studda: Please read the notice in its entirety: www.serato.com

Henry GQ: That would mean you are running SSL 1.8. You can check that on the setup screen while running SSL
J Studda 1:47 AM - 12 March, 2009
Quote:
J Studda: Please read the notice in its entirety: www.serato.com

Henry GQ: That would mean you are running SSL 1.8. You can check that on the setup screen while running SSL

Ok, I have read the notice entirety. I have registered both video sl and the TTM 57 with serato .com and the rane website. Is there something else i'm missing?
J Studda 1:48 AM - 12 March, 2009
Quote:
I just downloaded the new Video-SL 1.1 Beta and used it at home for the first time in conjunction with ScratchLive 1.9 Beta.

So far so good. I only used it for about an hour and had no problems. I will use it more tomorrow to see if I can find any problems.

Great job guys!!!

May I get an invite?

TTM57SL

MacBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OSX Leopard 10.5.6 WD Passport Studio 500GB firewire 800 connection.

Gateway 15" 1.6GHz Duo Core 2GB RAM Windows XP SP3 WD Passport 250GB USB 2.0 connection. (Used in offline mode only)
J Studda 1:49 AM - 12 March, 2009
Quote:

Great job guys!!!

TTM57SL

May I have an invite?
Rebelguy 1:54 AM - 12 March, 2009
Studda,

I went through the same thing. The answer is in the first paragraph.

"Hello and thank you for your patience,
We are ready to start the next stage of beta-ing Video-SL 1.1 please have a read of the stuff below and especially the bit about registering your Video-SL serial number here www.serato.com then head on over to www.serato.com. This is a new system so please let me know if something doesn't work..."

The second serato link on the page Nathan listed should take you to the download area if you are registered.
J Studda 3:04 AM - 12 March, 2009
Quote:
Studda,

I went through the same thing. The answer is in the first paragraph.

"Hello and thank you for your patience,
We are ready to start the next stage of beta-ing Video-SL 1.1 please have a read of the stuff below and especially the bit about registering your Video-SL serial number here www.serato.com then head on over to www.serato.com. This is a new system so please let me know if something doesn't work..."

The second serato link on the page Nathan listed should take you to the download area if you are registered.

Ok got it!!! WOW this is hot!! The new effects are great!! Excellent addition!!
DJTRaXxX 4:12 AM - 12 March, 2009
Looks like you guys got it figured out now and like it as much as I do!

Just to clarify for anyone else who might be reading this... I was not one of the specially invited customers for the 1st phase of Beta testing. The Beta testing is now in Phase II.

I went to the Video-SL Public Beta forum and was able to download the new Beta because I own a registered copy of Video-SL. As I understand things, you must take the time to register the Plugin online if you bought your version at a store.

Phase III will allow non-registered users and users of the demo version to participate, but they have not reached that point yet.

Let me know if I've got any of this wrong.
VJ Justin Allen 6:02 AM - 12 March, 2009
Quote:
Phase III will allow non-registered users and users of the demo version to participate, but they have not reached that point yet.

Yes, very smart move Serato, let those that have not purchased the Rane mixer and only have the SL1 box wait the longest. That will inspire customer loyalty.
DJTRaXxX 6:16 AM - 12 March, 2009
I don't think it's about the 57 or the SL-1, it's about the V-SL plugin.
Rebelguy 7:23 AM - 12 March, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, very smart move Serato, let those that have not purchased the Rane mixer and only have the SL1 box wait the longest. That will inspire customer loyalty.

You sure do a lot of complaining,
DJTRaXxX 9:08 AM - 12 March, 2009
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You sure do a lot of complaining,

It's not about making anyone wait, it's about getting the product right as soon as possible for everyone. This is a Beta version, meaning that it is a tool to test the software on many more hardware configurations than they could possibly do on their own. This will allow Serato to fix any problems more quickly that will of course exist.

I'd imagine that they started off with the DJ's whom they believed to be the most experienced with the software, who were also probably the most diligent and precise when it came to reporting bugs from the last release. For the second phase they allowed users whom they believed to have at least a decent amount of experience with it to download 1.1.

If they were to allow people who have never used the software before to beta test it in the 1st or 2nd phase, they would probably get bogged down by bug reports who's true cause was user error, crappy computers, inexperience and lack of understanding. That would slow the process down for everyone.

(Wow, I think I just felt a small earthquake here in the Seattle area)

This Beta software is not meant to be used for live gigs, and really shouldn't be unless you've got nothing to lose if the software fails. If you understand this, then you should also understand that the software isn't being released as a means to sell the product or to show the product off. The only reason for it's release as a beta is testing, testing and more testing. I'm sure they're working their asses off to get this stuff right for us.
DJ Jinnai 9:19 AM - 12 March, 2009
Testing 1.9 beta 3 with video-sl 1.1 beta (sl1 box) on:

Intel Centrino 2 2.13GHZx2
4GB RAM
320HDD
Nvidia 9800m GS Video Card/HDMI output
Vista 64 bit

I have ffdshow video codec installed, but for some reason, vsl can only read mp4s...Like it so far. Can't wait for the final build! :)
DJ Jinnai 9:21 AM - 12 March, 2009
video card is 512MB RAM (oops)
nik39 12:04 PM - 12 March, 2009
Quote:
It's not about making anyone wait, it's about getting the product right as soon as possible for everyone. This is a Beta version, meaning that it is a tool to test the software on many more hardware configurations than they could possibly do on their own. This will allow Serato to fix any problems more quickly that will of course exist.

I'd imagine that they started off with the DJ's whom they believed to be the most experienced with the software, who were also probably the most diligent and precise when it came to reporting bugs from the last release. For the second phase they allowed users whom they believed to have at least a decent amount of experience with it to download 1.1.

If they were to allow people who have never used the software before to beta test it in the 1st or 2nd phase, they would probably get bogged down by bug reports who's true cause was user error, crappy computers, ine

Well said.
DVDjHardy 1:31 PM - 12 March, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

If they were to allow people who have never used the software before to beta test it in the 1st or 2nd phase, they would probably get bogged down by bug reports who's true cause was user error, crappy computers, ine

Well said.

+1. And the evidence lies in the amount of threads started after the beta went public that don't follow the rules posted for posting in that section.

Quote:
I have ffdshow video codec installed, but for some reason, vsl can only read mp4s...Like it so far. Can't wait for the final build! :)

Yes, its only supposed to read mp4 files.
ClubBusta 3:23 PM - 12 March, 2009
okay taking the time to register (got to find that damn box). still mp4 only huh?
D-Twizzle 3:32 PM - 12 March, 2009
Quote:
I have ffdshow video codec installed, but for some reason, vsl can only read mp4s.

VSL is based on quicktime, so I don't think that codec will do anything in VSL. Only codecs that are made for quicktime will work, but not all (like mpeg2).
DJTRaXxX 9:54 PM - 12 March, 2009
Thanks Nik39! Maybe Serato will give me a job as a moderator lol
nik39 12:07 PM - 14 March, 2009
You gotta wait in the queue line - and I was there before ;)
DJ Dan-E 4:45 PM - 14 March, 2009
well there are alot of guys who have the sl1 box that would be great beta testers. There are alot of us out there that didnt want to have to get rid of our nice mixers to get a 57 to do video. Thats why its been great that mixed emergency came out. Beat something that Serato said they were going to do long, ago. However in my opinion the only reason serato started to do something now is because of Mixed Emergency. If it wasnt for ME, I dont think Serato would be working on video for SL1, why do that when your getting sales of your 57. So many people I know ended up buying a 57 in order to use serato's video.
All I can say is this time next year there will be many more applications that are software based that will be able to do video.
Anyways my 2 cents worth.
VJ Justin Allen 5:01 PM - 14 March, 2009
Well said Dan-E! As it stands now Mix Emergency has more offerings than the Serato video plug-in. It will be interesting once they "release" their new plug-in for the masses how many will stay with the Serato version or the Mix Emergency one.

Of course I also have not been invited to the Serato video party yet despite 20 years in the video industry, 5 years of spinning video on Pioneer decks and even asking to.

Of course I have been critical of them not offering MPEG2 support so perhaps that's why.
DVDjHardy 5:44 PM - 14 March, 2009
Quote:
Of course I also have not been invited to the Serato video party yet despite 20 years in the video industry, 5 years of spinning video on Pioneer decks and even asking to.

Its a public beta, no invitation needed.
VJ Justin Allen 5:54 PM - 14 March, 2009
Invitation is currently restricted to those SL1 users who have purchased the video plug-in. Mix Emergency has an open beta and try-out process that allows you to work on it for free.

Big difference.
DVDjHardy 6:05 PM - 14 March, 2009
With all due respect to you Justin, its only $200. And like me, you've been doing video for long enough to know that's a small drop in the bucket for the overall cost of videos. I'm willing to bet that Serato didn't give away their product for free to more than 5 people to test it out.

The only reason Mix Emergency would allow their beta to be used for free is because I doubt anyone would choose them over Serato if they tried to make people pay just to test. I'm not debating which one is better, because I've never used ME, but just saying...its only $200.
VJ Justin Allen 6:18 PM - 14 March, 2009
I agree with that 100%, it is only $200.00 But I believe that there are issues with compression and quality and while I believe that computer-based video will be the wave of the future, without MPEG2 (for a variety of reasons, not just quality) support I am not ready to purchase something I am not sure I can use yet.

That being said, since I am a Serato user and believe in their product, am confused as to why Serato wants to exclude a more open testing program with their software.

Right now I use ME and am testing a variety of professional H.264 encoders, both software and hardware based solutions. And by testing I look at final quality and system stability over long and short periods of time.
dj-jv 7:35 PM - 14 March, 2009
thanks... nathan..great job..love the new effects. I'll see you at WMC.
nik39 8:16 PM - 14 March, 2009
Quote:
Mix Emergency has an open beta and try-out process that allows you to work on it for free.

Open beta? Where? So any John Doe could participate in the beta? Cool, can you post the link?

There is no link. And why? Cause also ME/Inklen are professionals and know that it doesn't make sense to give Beta access to John Doe.

Quote:
I agree with that 100%, it is only $200.00 But I believe that there are issues with compression and quality and while I believe that computer-based video will be the wave of the future, without MPEG2 (for a variety of reasons, not just quality) support I am not ready to purchase something I am not sure I can use yet.

What's your point of bickering then? There is no MPEG2 support right now. No need to cry around why you have not beein invited, since you would not buy it anyway because it has not MPEG2 support. *sigh*

Quote:
That being said, since I am a Serato user and believe in their product, am confused as to why Serato wants to exclude a more open testing program with their software.

The reasons have been explained thoroughly. There is a reason why it is

1st. limited public beta
2nd. a little less limited public beta
3rd. an open public beta.

I am surprised that with your 20 years in the industry and bla bla, you are not familiar with basic methods. Just look at the 1.9.0 public beta... eh.. mess ;) People are posting all over the place. A lot of people are simply ignoring the rules ... maybe they haven't read them at all.
nik39 8:16 PM - 14 March, 2009
Quote:
Open beta? Where? So any John Doe could participate in the beta? Cool, can you post the link?

There is no link. And why? Cause also ME/Inklen are professionals and know that it doesn't make sense to give Beta access to John Doe.

I am talking about a real Beta process, not a preview process.
VJ Justin Allen 8:27 PM - 14 March, 2009
And there goes Nik running his mouth as usual. blah, blah, blah

Seriously dude give it a rest.
VJ Justin Allen 8:28 PM - 14 March, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

I am talking about a real Beta process, not a preview process.

And Nik, a bit of advice, what you start answering yourself it's time to see the doctor.
nik39 8:31 PM - 14 March, 2009
I'm just helping you, cause I know you ain't got answers ;)

BTW.: Read again.
D-Twizzle 8:57 PM - 14 March, 2009
Quote:

i don't know what the problem is, just buy the software. you had enough money to buy 3 dvjs, so buying vsl should be nothing.
Rebelguy 1:50 AM - 15 March, 2009
Quote:

Quote:

What's your point of bickering then? There is no MPEG2 support right now. No need to cry around why you have not beein invited, since you would not buy it anyway because it has not MPEG2 support. *sigh*

+1
Rebelguy 1:54 AM - 15 March, 2009
The thing I find interesting is that here you are coming off like you are really wanting to try this program out and have it work for you but on the djchat video forums you are bashing Serato VSL.

Quote:
I am sincerely afraid that companies like Serato, VDJ and others just care about selling their video product without caring about the quality that must come with it. It's bad enough that all we have is MPEG2 but at least that allows for only 1 or 2 layers of generational loss. Companies like Serato and others only care that they offer video, no matter how crappy it looks like.

Oh well, I have already experienced that fact that club owners care about the quality that shows up on their new LCD and plasma screens. Consumers are getting more and more educated about what a quality image should look like, and offering compressed crappy looking images is only going to hurt your name in the long run.

So why are you even on this forum?
Rebelguy 1:54 AM - 15 March, 2009
My comment was addressing vj Justin Allen.
nik39 4:57 AM - 15 March, 2009
Quote:
I am sincerely afraid that companies like Serato, VDJ and others just care about selling their video product without caring about the quality that must come with it. It's bad enough that all we have is MPEG2 but at least that allows for only 1 or 2 layers of generational loss. Companies like Serato and others only care that they offer video, no matter how crappy it looks like.

Oh well, I have already experienced that fact that club owners care about the quality that shows up on their new LCD and plasma screens. Consumers are getting more and more educated about what a quality image should look like, and offering compressed crappy looking images is only going to hurt your name in the long run.

This *must* be a joke. I really have to laugh out loud.

Austin, please tell me you did NOT write this.

You are telling us how you have been in the video business for more than 20 years. Yet you are talking such technical non-sense that it is hard to ignore it and not to respond to your stuff. Here, have a read www.serato.com . In this thread you are trying to outline
1. how MPEG2 is so superiour in quality, and how Serato fails cause they do not support MPEG2 (yet).
2. how MPEG2 is more CPU intensive and therefor Serato does not support it.
3. IVTC would do bad things to video files and should not be applied.

How about you reasearch a little?

If you had taken the time to understand IVTC and to apply that to YOUR video files you might have gotten good results. At least better than those ones which you have posted on the forum multiple times previously:

www.vjjustinallen.com
www.vjjustinallen.com

Those "demo"-videos suffer badly, and I mean badly from interlacing artifacts. The videos tear badly, and it looks horrible. Since you are saying that you are a pro...IMHO this does not look pro at all. You could have avoided it EASILY if you had IVTC (or even deinterlaced) your videos previously.

That is a typical noob fault, which would be okay if I did it - cause I am not claiming to be a pro - I am a video noob. But you should have known better, since you have been in the video business for 20 years and longer, shouldn't you? I would be embarrassed to post something in such a quality (I am not talking about your VJ'ing quality (mixing etc.))... esp because it is true what you said here:
Quote:
offering compressed crappy looking images is only going to hurt your name in the long run.

Quote:
Oh well, I have already experienced that fact that club owners care about the quality that shows up on their new LCD and plasma screens.

Obviously not all care or do know what's going on.

Quote:
Companies like Serato and others only care that they offer video, no matter how crappy it looks like.

Before ranting about ME/Inklen or VSL/Serato's inferior quality due to not supporting MPEG2... how about you fix your issues first and make sure you are using proper video material? Cause by looking at your demo-videos I can only get the impression that YOU just care to offer video... no matter how crappy they look. (I am not judging your VJ skills, that is a different story).
nik39 5:12 AM - 15 March, 2009
PS: Before you try to pull the "personal"-card... I am not trying to attack you personally. I don't have nothing against you, actually I don't care about your person at all. It's just that what you write here doesn't make a lot of sense. That's all what I am talking about. Nothing more.
DVDjHardy 7:59 AM - 15 March, 2009
Quote:
Austin, please tell me you did NOT write this.

lol @ austin.

lol...wtf?
skinnyguy 9:26 AM - 15 March, 2009
i hope 1.2 supports blu-ray. we need HD music vids. and a blu-ray dvj would be nice to see too.

=P
dj lad 9:38 AM - 15 March, 2009
Justin, you come off as someone who is suffering from really sour grapes about all this.
VJ Justin Allen 2:07 PM - 15 March, 2009
Quote:
So why are you even on this forum?

Because I own Serato and have an interest in both this plug-in and other things that Serato / Rane are working on. I own the program and have every right to question it as I use it 4 nights a week.
VJ Justin Allen 2:21 PM - 15 March, 2009
Quote:

www.vjjustinallen.com
www.vjjustinallen.com

Those "demo"-videos suffer badly, and I mean badly from interlacing artifacts. The videos tear badly, and it looks horrible.

Yes they do and that's because I do not have total control over what type of system views my demos. Most nightclub owners do not have the ability to handle high resolution video on their club systems, and for download purposes, since they are 12-15 minute demo's, you have to make sacrifices in quality.

However all of that has absolutely nothing to do with this topic at hand. It's just another nonsense post Nik to derail the fact that Serato has an issue with their beta program and plug-in. Even when it's released it will be behind the offerings of ME.

Now let me end this discussion of interlacing as well. To be 100% effective on interlacing you MUST double the frame rate. Everytime you de-interlace you add framerates to your video. What does that do you ask? Well congratulations, you have just doubled the work your processor has to do in order to play back your video. Also certain Nvidia cards have (and always have had) issues with playing pack interlaced images.

Now let's assume that you use a different de-interlacing set-up. Congratulations, you have just destroyed half of the available footage of your video file.

Oh and what if your footage was already interlaced / de-interlaced before you received it (it was) opps, let's throw out more footage frames.

DJ Lad, you have brought up a good point. It does make me look like I have sour grapes. Thanks for bring that up to me.

I'll just wait until the Serato plug-in is available for the last tier of users and play with it then.
VJ Justin Allen 2:34 PM - 15 March, 2009
I just wanted to add one thing. Please do not for one second think that the images that I use for my demo are in any way related to the images that I show in clubs. My major rants have always been that there are DJ's out there that do use this type of images in clubs, and it looks like shit.

I had much higher resolution video's up there but club owners complained that they were taking too long to load them and view them, so something had to be cut back.
nik39 3:04 PM - 15 March, 2009
Quote:
I just wanted to add one thing. Please do not for one second think that the images that I use for my demo are in any way related to the images that I show in clubs. My major rants have always been that there are DJ's out there that do use this type of images in clubs, and it looks like shit.

The tearing in your videos has nothing to do with your source material having a too low resolution.

Quote:
I had much higher resolution video's up there but club owners complained that they were taking too long to load them and view them, so something had to be cut back.

That needs further explanation. You are the VJ, you are mixing. How would the owners recognize a long loading time "to view them", when you as the VJ are doing a mix? Even if VSL took one minute to load a video, the audience would not recognize it, since the mix visible to the public is seemless.

Quote:
Yes they do and that's because I do not have total control over what type of system views my demos. Most nightclub owners do not have the ability to handle high resolution video on their club systems, and for download purposes, since they are 12-15 minute demo's, you have to make sacrifices in quality.

You must be kidding again. As said.. if you had used the videos in proper quality this would not had happen. IVTC. My tip again: Read about it. You could have at least deinterlaced (with a loss of quality) your video. These video look badly, you post them on public forums. You use them to promote yourself... .and then you complain about Serato not offering MPEG, b/c MPEG is so superiour in quality.

That is the reason why I mentioning in this context. You are complaing about the quality standard which you are already no obeying by yourself.

Quote:
However all of that has absolutely nothing to do with this topic at hand.

Nope, it has to do with YOU complaining about Serato's quality while not caring about the quality of your files. What is the essence? You do NOT care about the quality, but at the same time you whine about Serato's quality, how it would affect your performance???

Quote:
It's just another nonsense post Nik to derail the fact that Serato has an issue with their beta program and plug-in. Even when it's released it will be behind the offerings of ME.

The beta program-process has nothing to do whether VSL is behind ME or not. How could it? The beta versions are FEATURE FIXED. You are complaining about features. Serato has always decided to add features step by step. That may explain why they do not have all the functions which ME offers right now. This is not about quality itself.

Quote:
Now let me end this discussion of interlacing as well. To be 100% effective on interlacing you MUST double the frame rate. Everytime you de-interlace you add framerates to your video. What does that do you ask? Well congratulations, you have just doubled the work your processor has to do in order to play back your video.

Oh my god, you have been 20 years and the video game and DO NOT understand what de-interlacing is? 1st of all.. the tearing comes from the fact that most of the videos have been recorded in 24fps, but your dvds run usually at 29.97fps. 4 frames are "spread" to 5 frames. And that is where "tearing" happens. This process can very easily be reversed (see this thread www.serato.com ).

Quote:
Also certain Nvidia cards have (and always have had) issues with playing pack interlaced images.

What are you talking about? The cards put out the VSL content without altering them. Why would they?? Please, PLEASE think before you post.

Quote:
Now let's assume that you use a different de-interlacing set-up. Congratulations, you have just destroyed half of the available footage of your video file.

Oh and what if your footage was already interlaced / de-interlaced before you received it (it was) opps, let's throw out more footage frames.

You did not understand, not at all. But lets put that aside for a moment (really you should not mention your 20 years of video professionality if you do not understand such simple processes).

You have no excuse for not deinterlacing the final posted video mixes (I am not talking about the source single video files you used for mixing). None. Zero. NADA.

Unless...

(a.) you did not recognize the bad tearing
(b.) or you did not know how to fix it...
(c.) you were too lazy

Any of these three reasons would be very embarrassing, esp. since you are a video professional who has been in the video game for more than 20 years. However, I would had been embarrassed to post these videos proudly, esp when being in the video game for so long. My 2 cents.
VJ Justin Allen 3:38 PM - 15 March, 2009
Nik seriously we are talking about the video on my website NOT the videos I mix live. these are done with DVJ's.

Please try to keep up.
VJ Justin Allen 3:39 PM - 15 March, 2009
And nik please quit trying to ignore the facts and twist the statement to keep harping on your one-sided points. It's getting kind of old.
Henry GQ 3:40 PM - 15 March, 2009
justin...i looked at ur profile and its saying ur not an owner of serato.. is that true ?
VJ Justin Allen 3:42 PM - 15 March, 2009
I really wish we could add to our existing posts.

Nik, trying to explain this to you is just not working. I am obviously speaking at a much higher level than you can understand. I am not just talking about videos and how they get played out on laptops but more about film. Your lack of understanding about tearing, interlacing and playback process is just so underwhelming I don't know what to do about it anymore. And linking back to your own posts here on Serato is just so funny I don't know what to say about it.

I am done with this thread and you.
nik39 3:51 PM - 15 March, 2009
Quote:
Nik seriously we are talking about the video on my website NOT the videos I mix live.

So am I. Read here:

Quote:
You have no excuse for not deinterlacing the final posted video mixes (I am not talking about the source single video files you used for mixing). None. Zero. NADA.

--
When we were talking about missing MPEG2 support, I was talking about your videos which you use to mix videos live. That's what you were talking about. Serato not offering MPEG2 support.

(take the following with a grain of salt ;) )
Quote:
I am not just talking about videos and how they get played out on laptops but more about film.

Are you? Didn't you just say that NVIDIA cards can not deal with interlaced materials properly?

Ah you are not talking about NVIDIA, the computer gfx card manufacturer who produce cards for laptops, you are talking NVIDIA, the filmstudio.

Now it all makes sense :)

Quote:
And linking back to your own posts here on Serato is just so funny I don't know what to say about it.

Maybe that's because you don't understand it? Seriously, I was not "linking back" to my "own posts here on Serato". I linked to a thread started by someone else. You had people posting there (not me) who actually are professionals confirming my thoughts.

Quote:
Nik, trying to explain this to you is just not working. I am obviously speaking at a much higher level than you can understand.

Haha. Thanks, I know, I am just a noob. :)

But it seems like even after 20 years in business one still can be a noob to ;)

Thanks for putting a smile on my face [no misquote].
Henry GQ 4:08 PM - 15 March, 2009
just saying... why waste ur time with someone who doesnt even own serato. probally hacked it someway
nik39 4:17 PM - 15 March, 2009
Henry, you can change your profile at any time. This means you can "fake" this information. ;) Just b/c it says you own one, doesn't really mean you own one.
Henry GQ 4:27 PM - 15 March, 2009
oh. i thought u had to register ur product for that to happen. damn. LOL
Rebelguy 5:05 PM - 15 March, 2009
Justin,

I think you misunderstood my response. I was asking why you are even on THIS, meaning the VSL forum.

No response about your comments from the DJChat forums?

Winner of this round of Justin vs Nik video discussion...Nik39
aj5000 5:36 PM - 15 March, 2009
Ok let me get this strait ! If you own a 57 and own the plugin to Video SL you can download the Beta?
DVDjHardy 5:43 PM - 15 March, 2009
Quote:
Ok let me get this strait ! If you own a 57 and own the plugin to Video SL you can download the Beta?

after you register the plug-in @ serato.com under your forum screen name.
aj5000 5:55 PM - 15 March, 2009
Ok then what's the problem here!! Why the fight? I think serato is doing things right by not just throwin the beta at people last I remember "beta" is just that testing amung people that know the gear and plugin so they can fine the problems alot faster. I mean shit how much help can you really be to the beta testing if Your running it in demo mod ????
Niro 6:39 PM - 15 March, 2009
I have 2 Pioneer DVJs for Sale, they are in very good condition. They have minor scratches from normal use. Please check my feedback as it's at a perfect percentage. I can also throw in 100 pre-mixed DVD's for you to get started on. This is a VJ's wet dream.

Niros
VJ Justin Allen 6:48 PM - 15 March, 2009
Wow, it's also illegal to resell, distribute, or otherwise disburse videos that you do not own.
Rebelguy 10:10 PM - 15 March, 2009
Quote:

I am done with this thread and you.

I thought you were done wuth this thread?
djcrap 10:26 PM - 15 March, 2009
i wonder what this is all about?

1 ME does not also support mpeg

2. ME is a parasite munching off of serato's hard work ( sl box )

3 until ME comes out with its own hardware box then it will deserve all the credit that is due but as for now ME is garbage

4 i support serato's decision of how they are handling the beta process by keeping it to only registered users of their products and i hope they keep it that way in the future too because that is a good preventative step to parasites like ME and other djs i won't name call on this forum that falsely claim they own the product.
J Studda 10:28 PM - 15 March, 2009
I just have one issue so far with VSL 1.1. The MAIN MIX effects tend to stick to the video (mainly the "melt" effect). I'll use it and the video doesn't clear up unless I take the effect out of the bank.
Henry GQ 3:40 AM - 16 March, 2009
ya know i agree with djcrap...
i dont need to see this program out on IRC or from the torrent sites...
i see fuckin virtual dj everywhere...
and why >?
because they make that program go with any sound card
u can get virtual dj for free off the net, get some cheap ass sound like the m**a(not gonna mention names) and bam, now ur a video jock. fuck that, earn it bitchs. get the ttm or the sl1 and BUY the fuckin program.
i could have the vsl 1.1 for free(thru friends), but i would rather pay for it, and show my support for a product that truly works and makes it an awesome experience for djs!. btw i am a registered vsl and scratch owner. buck up or shut up.
Dj-Pyro 4:08 AM - 16 March, 2009
Niro, I'll take those DVJs if you throw in a Pioneer SVM-1000. Thanks, I'm new.

P
y
r
o
Niro 5:43 AM - 16 March, 2009
I can't throw in the SVM-1000, but I do have a 3 channel Numark I can throw and a video switcher I got from Frys. If you use an analog signal you can do cool effects by messing with the signal wires. Some of the effects I've achieved are: the blink, bad tv and I'm learning I can do some really trippy ones exposing the wires and touching them to a low voltage current. Kind of like those modified speak and spells.

Please PM about the DVJ's and 400 pre-mixed DVD's.

It's OK to be new DJ Pyro. I was new once also, but I stuck around and now I'm old. Actually I might start a new account, so I can be new again. I remember in forth grade and I was the new kid, man was it cool. All the girls were all over me. I had all the candy I could eat. Plus relationships were easier back than, all I had to do was let my buddy know I didn't want to be with her anymore and he would tell her at recess. Shit I didn't even talk to some of the girls I was in a relationship with.

Pyro, I also have some collectable Serato First Edition Control records for sale. These are not available anymore, they are very much sought after, because they are the only control records that come with a delay effect.

While I'm at it I also have a 10 speed, but only 6 of the gears are really working. I'll let that go at a really good price.

Niros
DVDjHardy 5:46 AM - 16 March, 2009
@ Niros

How much for your old girlfriends?
nik39 10:54 AM - 16 March, 2009
Quote:
Pyro, I also have some collectable Serato First Edition Control records for sale. These are not available anymore, they are very much sought after, because they are the only control records that come with a delay effect.

I want some... [no misquote].
Funkytownstopsix 1:02 PM - 16 March, 2009
Well I didn't take the time to read all of it I kinda skimmed through it. VJ Justin Allen I think your argument would have been better had you used a better example of your videos as the ones you posted did look like shit. I am not a video expert/pro and all that I have learned I got from these very forums. This is my very first video mix www.i-20riders2.com. At the time I didn't now much about interlacing,de-interlacing, generational loss, fit to fill, reconnect to video,FCP stuff and the list could go on. As a rookie (duuuh I still am a Rookie) my first encoded videos looked like that so I know those videos where not encoded correctly. I would have to agree with most in the fact that since you claim to be a Pro, you should have put up a Pro example then this thread would have been legit .

That's my problem with this thread and many others people always say that they have been doing this and that for years but when they put out an example it looks like they just started... I am referring to the video example not your skills as a DJ...Just my 2 cents doooo be dooo be dooooo..
VJ Justin Allen 3:47 PM - 16 March, 2009
I think the issue was what you present in teh club where you have a higher % control over your final output vs the web, where you have very little control as you have to "dumb it down" so that 100% of the people can see it within a certain amount of time.

In clubs, I use the original MPEG2 from the suppliers, nothing else. That content is the best that I can make it, because I do not change it from how I received it.

I hate the web output as well, and it's very easy to make a file that looks awesome when it's just a movie clip and only lasts 2-4 minutes. But when you have a 7-12 minute clip, you really want to keep that file size down as much as possible. I actually had a much higher compression rate at first, and just received too many complaints.

But you make a good point. I'll look back over the original file and stick up a "pro" version so that others can see the difference.
nik39 6:48 PM - 16 March, 2009
Quote:
I think the issue was what you present in teh club where you have a higher % control over your final output

Actually it's the opposite. You go to a club and gotta deal with THEIR equipment, their converters, etc. On the internet YOU decide the format and have plenty of TIME to test+try, luxury compared to what happens in a club. Bad excuse.

Quote:
But when you have a 7-12 minute clip, you really want to keep that file size down as much as possible. I actually had a much higher compression rate at first, and just received too many complaints.

Hahahaha. Jeez. I can't believe it. I can't believe that you've been into videos for more than 20 years. I simply CAN NOT.

Who are you trying to fool with your lame (and obviously wrong) explanation?

The described artifacts in the videos have NOTHING to do with the compression ratio. It has NOTHING to do with the length of your video or the file size. It looks like even now (after you have been pointed out to the issues) you did not take the time to read up on what IVTC (or deinterlacing) does and how it helps. (Let's ignore that you had 20 years in the business to educate yourself on these issues and methods.)

Matter of fact: If you had deinterlaced the video then you would have gotten a better compression ratio and smaller video sizes since deinterlaced/IVTC'ed files compress much better.

Quote:
But you make a good point. I'll look back over the original file and stick up a "pro" version so that others can see the difference.

Yes, please do so. Upload a higher bitrated version of your mix, that will guarantee another laugh. Isn't it funny that (self proclaimed) rookies like Funkytownstopsix and even bigger rookies and noobs like nik39 (me) have to point this out to a master and pro like you, VJ Justin Allen? It would had been funny if it wasn't the truth.

Here is a good advice: Before you upload a new version you should consult a real pro to do that, otherwise you will just earn further sounds of levity here and it will just make you look not so good. You will thank me later.

And BTW, I was so kind to "fix" the mess up for you, since you didn't want to burdon such a high bitrate on your files (you received so many complaints, I understand)... here it is:

I fixed it for you!

Download, watch with your favourite media player.

1. Did you realize, that I magically "improved" the video quality?
2. Did you realize that I magically bumped up the resolution? from about 315x180 to 640x480.
3. Did you realize that I fixed your messed up aspect ratio from orginally 1,65 to 1,51?

www.vjjustinallen.com < click here for the improved version.

Are you surprised? Do you think I hacked your server to upload that file? Look again.
It is EXACTLY the same file which will be downloaded from your original link ( www.vjjustinallen.com ).

I guess you did not realize ANY of these "minor" mishaps.

1. Your video in the player obviously looks "squeezed" down, where circles (heads for example) appear as eggs. Why? Because you messed about the ratio of the video.

2. Your video in the player is scaled down, while still downloading the original file, at the original size/dimensions. Do you think displaying the same file at a smaller resolution does reduce the download size if you are still downloading the same file? Wow. This is amazing.

3. The original (non-scaled) video looks better, but... this does not mean that the resolution is the root cause of this problem. Don't even try to use that excuse again. Here is the proof (these are all screenshots from your video (not downscaled)):
ssl-publicbeta.urban-breaks.de < click.
ssl-publicbeta.urban-breaks.de < click. These are full of tearing artifacts.

ssl-publicbeta.urban-breaks.de < click
ssl-publicbeta.urban-breaks.de < click original resolution. 99.9999999% this is due to your files (either your original videos and/or the final output) not being IVTC/deinterlaced correctly/not at all. It is impossible to ignore the artifacts, unless your blind on both eyes, which would be very bad if you are a professional VJ.

I am sorry, but these are ALL without any exception rookie mishap's. They show a complete lack of understanding very simple basics of video, encoding and its techniques/methods. This must be very sad and frustrating for someone who has been into the video game for more than 20 years. Very frustrating.

BTW: I like your music selection during the 1st third of your mix. Props on that.
VJ Justin Allen 6:58 PM - 16 March, 2009
Seriously Nik give it the fuck up. You words make no sense and what's worse you know they make no sense.

You need some help my friend.
nik39 7:05 PM - 16 March, 2009
You don't need to read, or understand.

Just take a look at the screenshots. A picture is worth a thousand words.
VJ Justin Allen 7:16 PM - 16 March, 2009
After looking at your "images" you have to know that what you are saying is total BS. You take a grab of an already interlaced image and "fix" it Please.

Also those images came from 3 different sources and ran S-Video into a V-4 and then ran to DvCam decks...and then compressed for internet viewing. You are seriously kidding me by attempting to compare anything with that footage and what you get from the VSL plug-in. It's apples and oranges.

I do not know how else to explain the differences to you. Your attempts to "show everyone" that you know more is boarding on the pathetic and baed on the e-mails I have been receiving you are doing yourself no good.

The initial issue here is basically this, all video comes to us (the DJ's) from services like Promo Only. By the time we get them they are 3-6th generation and the last thing we should be doing to them is compressing them even more! and then "blowing them up" on higher resolution devises...yet that's what is happening with this plug-in (and others that do not accept MPEG2)

Listen up because this is important. NOTHING WE CAN DO CAN MAKE THEM LOOK BETTER! No matter what type of fish oil you are trying to sell Nik, you cannot make the file that we receive look any better, it can only get worse. That's not my opinion, that is a fact.

I just do not know how else to explain this to you.
Funkytownstopsix 7:44 PM - 16 March, 2009
Damn Nik goes hard.....!!!!!

FYI that video was done on a PC (13 min) that I posted had 3 generational losses before I converted it to an FLV file to put on the web that's 4 generational losses total. Not to mention they were old videos that were interlaced from the get go. So as a rookie I have to say I did good without even knowing about any of this shit I have read in this thread. Look at the size and how fast it downloaded....(that's me patting myself on the back) :) I think this is why Nik is getting on to you it is almost impossible to get a video to look any worst unless you were new to the game...

On the flipside,,, I expect mpeg/mpeg2 to show better, there no loss. So I was being sarcastic when I said post a Pro example because you can't with SLV using mpeg as of now unless you had some old codec as a few mpegs have played for me....Mpeg would take up much hardrive space, beside if videos are converted right only a Pro would know it was not an mpeg and he may even question some of these conversion. If Serto wanted to use direct show then this would not be an issue but they have chosen to use quicktime instead.

You see it would be less time more money(Direct Show MPEG support) or less money more time(conversion) Quicktime. I don't defend Serato and I was very angry that they really made something that was meant for Mac's in the frist place... Yet they got my Vista laptop running so I am happy know...Not to mention that since all my videos are in mp4 format I only have to have two drives and one is a spare.
lvmez 7:52 PM - 16 March, 2009
is it really that important to prove someone wrong on the internet over video quality?
Funkytownstopsix 7:53 PM - 16 March, 2009
I am boared at work...Ivmez did you get my pm....
eye357 7:55 PM - 16 March, 2009
wooooooooooo. how long has nik39 and vj been going at it!!! I like this room, let's get ready to ruuuuummmmbbblllleeee!!!!!!!!!!
lvmez 8:01 PM - 16 March, 2009
Quote:
I am boared at work...Ivmez did you get my pm....

not yet. what's up?
Funkytownstopsix 8:02 PM - 16 March, 2009
don't you use screenflow...
lvmez 8:10 PM - 16 March, 2009
yeah i do. i didn't see your pm.
djrayray0981 8:22 PM - 16 March, 2009
I did a Video Mix about a week ago before my hard drive took a sh!t. Lost alot of my New issh. But I recorded my mix on a DVD recorder. So I didn't loose my video mix. It's 40 min. Would I still be able to upload it to youtube?
Rebelguy 9:04 PM - 16 March, 2009
IVmez,

Yes it is important to prove someone wrong if the information the person is trying to state is wrong and could lead others to make the same mistakes.
lvmez 9:43 PM - 16 March, 2009
i understand that part but to what degree. that is just my opinion. it seems like this forum has become about proving people instead of being informative.
nik39 9:47 PM - 16 March, 2009
Quote:
You take a grab of an already interlaced image and "fix" it Please.

Yes, read the other thread. How this can be done has been explained by a real professional over there. You know where to find the link.

Quote:
You are seriously kidding me by attempting to compare anything with that footage and what you get from the VSL plug-in. It's apples and oranges.

I did not compare those. But it doesn't matter, right? Cause VSL is so bad cause it doesn't support MPEG2. VSL is inferiour - you said it.

Quote:
I do not know how else to explain the differences to you. Your attempts to "show everyone" that you know more is boarding on the pathetic and baed on the e-mails I have been receiving you are doing yourself no good.

I don't care about those emails you have been receiving. If anyone has to say anything on that topic he will say it here. If not - I don't care. It is not about me being right or you being wrong (or vice versa - I don't care), it is about false facts, wrong assumptions and wack results.

Quote:
The initial issue here is basically this, all video comes to us (the DJ's) from services like Promo Only. By the time we get them they are 3-6th generation and the last thing we should be doing to them is compressing them even more! and then "blowing them up" on higher resolution devises...yet that's what is happening with this plug-in (and others that do not accept MPEG2)

Please stop posting such nonsense.

I am not talking about "blowing them up".

You just made your "snippet" a lot worse than it has already been previously.

You messed up the ratio.

You messed up the resolution.

And then you tried to explain that the reason for the bad tearing in your video is because of file size limitations. Tsk tsk.

Quote:
Listen up because this is important. NOTHING WE CAN DO CAN MAKE THEM LOOK BETTER! No matter what type of fish oil you are trying to sell Nik, you cannot make the file that we receive look any better, it can only get worse. That's not my opinion, that is a fact.

You know what a fact is? A fact is...

1. you could have gotten rid of the tearing by IVTC'ing/deinterlacing your single video files

2. you could have improved your final video by deinterlacing it

3. you could have improved your final video by NOT downsizing the displayed size

4. you could have improved your final video by NOT changing the displayed ratio

But you failed on all 4 and decided to use same lame excuses to cover the faults which a rookie would do.

Quote:
Yes it is important to prove someone wrong if the information the person is trying to state is wrong and could lead others to make the same mistakes.

+1.
VJ Justin Allen 10:15 PM - 16 March, 2009
Nik wow you are just (taken out because I'm too nice) I guess. This is a fracking video that is a demo for club owners to see. It has absolutely nothing to do with what gets played in clubs. It has nothing to do with the images that get shown at a club. It has absolutely nothing to do with how MPEG2 OR VSL works or the images that they put out.

And yes, I still stand by what I have said, including that VSL ( or ME) IS not the best solution when it comes to quality. ANYTIME you have hundreds of DJ's out there trying to transcode or compress video that they receive from another source, you will end up with hundreds of different video compression techniques, none of which is good for Serato, the industry, or the DJ spinning those videos.

If you cannot understand that then just get off the boards.

And to everyone else, I am working on compression techniques using professional compression software and hardware as opposed to using handbrake and other free or low cost options. The big difference is the end result looking better with a lower bitrate and processing time, which can be as fast as real-time. This means that your Serato footage can look great and perform using a lower overhead. I am also working with another provider of music videos in order to facilitate the process of that provider to start offering their videos in a format that Serato users can use without any additional processing on their part.

(Nik, feel free to take your usual cheap pot shot about the about paragraph)
nik39 10:35 PM - 16 March, 2009
Quote:
Nik wow you are just (taken out because I'm too nice) I guess. This is a fracking video that is a demo for club owners to see. It has absolutely nothing to do with what gets played in clubs. It has nothing to do with the images that get shown at a club. It has absolutely nothing to do with how MPEG2 OR VSL works or the images that they put out.

Sure. It is just a demo to show what the client gets. A demo which you have proudly posted on this board, where professional (not me) VJ's laugh about it.

Too bad.

Too bad you made it worse than it already is (by failing on all 4 mentioned points, downscaling while keeping the same file, messing up the ratio, not deinterlacing the final output). That was really professional and showed your 20 years of experience.
*thumbs up*

Quote:
And to everyone else, I am working on compression techniques using professional compression software and hardware as opposed to using handbrake and other free or low cost options.

Didn't anyone tell you? It is not only about which tools you use, but also how they are used? Just because someone uses Serato Scratch LIVE that doesn't make him a DJ. People who think that they are DJ's cause the bought SSL and do not know how to use it are called Microwavies.

Quote:
I am also working with another provider of music videos in order to facilitate the process of that provider to start offering their videos in a format that Serato users can use without any additional processing on their part.

That's great news.

Could you be so kind to tell me the name of that other music video provider? I just want to know which company's product I have to avoid in the future. Oh wait. Never mind, that's really not necessary. It should easily be identified by the superb quality, as a result of the 20 years of experience in the video game. :)

Anyway, I think it is clear what mishaps have been made by you. Any noob should be able to learn from this by avoiding these rookie mishaps. Hope it helps someone.
Funkytownstopsix 12:37 AM - 17 March, 2009
lvmez I was asking how do use screenflow as far as placing it on dvd. What format do you choose to get the best quality, any suggested settings when moving it to dvd. I want to try this program tonight to do a 10-15 min vid that I will post. It works pretty damn good but I have yet to move it to something like a dvd so I can really see it. This is why I asked as you said you used it I don't want to waste my time doing stuff that I should not be doing.

Quote:
I understand that part but to what degree. that is just my opinion. it seems like this forum has become about proving people instead of being informative.
I have learned a lot from these forums good and bad I just wish that I didn't have to waste my time with the bad. Everyone has a point, and nobody would entertain if they did not have a crowd.
eye357 1:59 PM - 17 March, 2009
not for nothing, I like NIK39. he is like the chef from the show Hell's Kitchen. He talks loud and abusive but Nik39 gives great advice and does take the time to answer people. Good work Nik39 and thanks for all the tips and knowledge. keep it up!!!
djrayray0981 4:57 PM - 17 March, 2009
video.google.com

Not my best work, but I thought I'll share it anyways. I was trying to upload this to youtube, but it will not take anything longer then 10min. The only thing I found was Google Video. I don't like the quilty that it uploaded it to. It was suppose to be compressed allot smaller. If anybody knows a good placed to upload video mixes. Please let me know. But I did this mix before my hard drive crashed. I used a DVD recorded and then used Mac the Ripper, then converted it using Hand Brake. Looks good on my Mac, but the upload looks like sh!t. Anyhow. Take it for what it is. This was just a test run. Going to re-do this mix soon. As soon as i get all my videos back in order.
djrayray0981 4:57 PM - 17 March, 2009
DVDjHardy 5:04 PM - 17 March, 2009
Post in a new thread Ray...I'll post some feedback for ya.
Henry GQ 5:33 PM - 17 March, 2009
ray ray if i could give one piece of advice...
play with ur eqs. u wont hear some of the mis-matched beats as much...
but i like it.
djrayray0981 5:43 PM - 17 March, 2009
I always have trouble with my levels when it comes to recording. Some tracks will come in higher then other. Going to be re-doing it soon. Didn’t like some of the blends and transition. Thanks for the feedback.
nik39 3:03 PM - 19 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I think the issue was what you present in teh club where you have a higher % control over your final output

Actually it's the opposite. You go to a club and gotta deal with THEIR equipment, their converters, etc. On the internet YOU decide the format and have plenty of TIME to test+try, luxury compared to what happens in a club. Bad excuse.

Quote:
But when you have a 7-12 minute clip, you really want to keep that file size down as much as possible. I actually had a much higher compression rate at first, and just received too many complaints.

Hahahaha. Jeez. I can't believe it. I can't believe that you've been into videos for more than 20 years. I simply CAN NOT.

Who are you trying to fool with your lame (and obviously wrong) explanation?

The described artifacts in the videos have NOTHING to do with the compression ratio. It has NOTHING to do with the length of your video or the file size. It looks like even now (after you have been pointed out to the issues) you did not take the time to read up on what IVTC (or deinterlacing) does and how it helps. (Let's ignore that you had 20 years in the business to educate yourself on these issues and methods.)

Matter of fact: If you had deinterlaced the video then you would have gotten a better compression ratio and smaller video sizes since deinterlaced/IVTC'ed files compress much better.

Quote:

Yes, please do so. Upload a higher bitrated version of your mix, that will guarantee another laugh. Isn't it funny that (self proclaimed) rookies like Funkytownstopsix and even bigger rookies and noobs like nik39 (me) have to point this out to a master and pro like you, VJ Justin Allen? It would had been funny if it wasn't the truth.

Here is a good advice: Before you upload a new version you should consult a real pro to do that, otherwise you will just earn further sounds of levity here and it will just make you look not so good. You will thank me later.

And BTW, I was so kind to "fix" the mess up for you, since you didn't want to burdon such a high bitrate on your files (you received so many complaints, I understand)... here it is:

I fixed it for you!

Download, watch with your favourite media player.

1. Did you realize, that I magically "improved" the video quality?
2. Did you realize that I magically bumped up the resolution? from about 315x180 to 640x480.
3. Did you realize that I fixed your messed up aspect ratio from orginally 1,65 to 1,51?

www.vjjustinallen.com < click here for the improved version.

Are you surprised? Do you think I hacked your server to upload that file? Look again.
It is EXACTLY the same file which will be downloaded from your original link ( www.vjjustinallen.com ).

I guess you did not realize ANY of these "minor" mishaps.

1. Your video in the player obviously looks "squeezed" down, where circles (heads for example) appear as eggs. Why? Because you messed about the ratio of the video.

2. Your video in the player is scaled down, while still downloading the original file, at the original size/dimensions. Do you think displaying the same file at a smaller resolution does reduce the download size if you are still downloading the same file? Wow. This is amazing.

3. The original (non-scaled) video looks better, but... this does not mean that the resolution is the root cause of this problem. Don't even try to use that excuse again. Here is the proof (these are all screenshots from your video (not downscaled)):
ssl-publicbeta.urban-breaks.de < click. These are full of tearing artifacts.

ssl-publicbeta.urban-breaks.de < click
ssl-publicbeta.urban-breaks.de < click original resolution. 99.9999999% this is due to your files (either your original videos and/or the final output) not being IVTC/deinterlaced correctly/not at all. It is impossible to ignore the artifacts, unless your blind on both eyes, which would be very bad if you are a professional VJ.

I am sorry, but these are ALL without any exception rookie mishap's. They show a complete lack of understanding very simple basics of video, encoding and its techniques/methods. This must be very sad and frustrating for someone who has been into the video game for more than 20 years. Very frustrating.

BTW: I like your music selection during the 1st third of your mix. Props on that.

Damned son... the old nik39 was really hard on fools :-D

Cream rises to the top - see who is not in the game anymore. ;)
popnwave 6:08 PM - 19 October, 2017
Eeesh the days of a demo in .FLV format..
popnwave 6:09 PM - 19 October, 2017
His facebook page went silent around 2014 as well.