Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Musics is not found after a Crate was migrated from another computer.

Product
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
RodrigoVolta 1:39 AM - 31 May, 2014
Hello.
I've a problem:
My friend have a Macbook Pro identical to mice. The songs I have are the same ones he has on his Mac. The only thing that changes is the user name of it is different from mine.
He recently created some crates with a selection of songs from the library. Well, as the songs are exactly the same, I copied the crate and put it on my Mac "_Serato_/subcrate" folder, however, the songs appear in YELLOW, as if they did not exist. I clicked several times in 'Relocate Lost Files', but it can not find on my HD. The strange thing is that it should look for the songs in HD and replace the entries in Create it was my friend before, since the songs are exactly the same!
Insisting that, I opened the file '.CRATE' in Windows Notepad and noticed that there contained references to HD notebook from my friend. I then decided to replace them with entries for my HD, just as they were contained in the files '.CRATE' in my Mac, but still did not work!
Is there a solution for this? What should be done?
Thanks.
2:39 AM, 31 May 2014
Discussion moved to Pioneer Hardware Help
RodrigoVolta 1:33 PM - 31 May, 2014
Hey,
Why my discussion was moved to this area???
Not is Pioneer support, is a SDJ general support!!!
I don't have any problem with my controller!!!
Serato, Support
Micah G. 3:33 AM - 10 June, 2014
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Follow the steps here to migrate library/crates between computers - serato.com

Cheers,
Micah
RodrigoVolta 6:54 PM - 16 June, 2014
I dont want to copy musics from my friend because I have it in my Mac too! But for any problem, SDJ don't find musics in my Mac!! Crate was copied from my friend's Mac (file .CRATE from _SERATO_ folder to my Mac). So SDJ should find musics in my HD, but not work!!!
Tks!!!
Serato, Support
Micah G. 11:47 PM - 17 June, 2014
Hi RodrigoVolta,

You need to follow the steps in the link I posted above to migrate that library/crates to your computer, otherwise you will need to create your crates/library from scratch, by following the steps for importing/creating crates in the Serato DJ manual.

Cheers,
Micah
2:00 AM, 22 Apr 2015
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.