Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

at this time can i use my scratch live sl1 with windows 8.1h

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Windows 8.1
Platform
-
djkwickstarr 8:09 PM - 26 May, 2014
Im going to buy a new computer it will havr windows eight or eight point one will i be able to accomplish this with your hardware software i havr been with serato over ten years an the technology has changed but i would like to install serato on my new laptop with what i have will i have to install certain version for this ect.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:50 AM - 27 May, 2014
It works with Windows 8 and 8.1,
its just installing the driver that can be a little bit tricky but once you disable UAC serato.com
it should install fine
Serato, Support
Micah G. 1:04 AM - 28 May, 2014
Hey djkwickstarr,

Windows 8 isn't currently supported for use with Scratch Live, but we do have numerous users running Scratch Live on Windows 8 without issue. If you have any problems, let us know.

Check the required minimum specs here - serato.com

Cheers,
Micah
pueblofunky 8:50 AM - 4 July, 2014
I'm running Windows 8.0 on a Lenovo laptop with SSL 2.5 + SL1 without any problems on USB 2.0 + 3.0 ports.

I'm thinking about to update to Windows 8.1 - or let's say I want to install the system from scratch to avoid all the default (demo) software installed. Also I want to install English instead of German (should be possible as far as I know).

I didn't until yet because I was not sure if SSL will run with 8.1.

So does any other one confirm that when SSL+SL1 runs without any problems on 8.0 it will on 8.1 too? I think there shouldn't be any important changes regarding this by MS.

Thanks
Serato, Support
Micah G. 11:44 PM - 6 July, 2014
Hi pueblofunky,

You need to start your own help request. Do that here - serato.com

Thanks,
Micah