Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ 1.63 graphics problem

TheSilverStreak 6:58 PM - 20 May, 2014
I just upgraded my Windows 7 machine from 1.62 to 1.63. Within a few minutes, while in offline mode, I noticed that there is a glitch when the graphics try to redraw. For example, if I click 'start/ stop' or a loop count (any number), that whole section of the display starts overwriting itself. In other words, the blue highlight start jumping around and the loop 'in' and 'out' buttons swell up and block one another.

This is on a Dell XPS with Win 7 Ultimate, 8GB of ram. I'm sure not putting SDJ 1.63 on my MacBook Pro, so I can't tell you if the same problem exists on that platform.

Has anyone else run into this?
DJ Quartz 8:03 PM - 20 May, 2014
No problem on the Mac side with this...

You might want to check for the latest video driver for your system.
Mike_August 8:28 PM - 20 May, 2014
Yup same here. 1.6.3 is actually working a lot better for me on my mac than previous versions.
DJ Quartz 8:38 PM - 20 May, 2014
ATI Drivers,

support.amd.com

Nvida Driver Page,

www.nvidia.com
TheSilverStreak 12:50 AM - 21 May, 2014
Thanks all. I was thrown as I wasn't experiencing any problems with any other software (nor SDJ pre 1.63).

But low and behold, I updated my Nvidia driver and the problem was resolved.

Cheers!
DJ Quartz 1:24 AM - 21 May, 2014
Good news!
Mr Wilks 12:35 PM - 21 May, 2014
Quote:
I just upgraded my Windows 7 machine from 1.62 to 1.63. Within a few minutes, while in offline mode, I noticed that there is a glitch when the graphics try to redraw. For example, if I click 'start/ stop' or a loop count (any number), that whole section of the display starts overwriting itself. In other words, the blue highlight start jumping around and the loop 'in' and 'out' buttons swell up and block one another.

This is on a Dell XPS with Win 7 Ultimate, 8GB of ram. I'm sure not putting SDJ 1.63 on my MacBook Pro, so I can't tell you if the same problem exists on that platform.

Has anyone else run into this?

I'm running the same machine and not experienced this, but as the Nvidia update sorted it, I dare say you'll be good to go now.