Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Tick or marker for a track that has been played allready

nik39 4:43 AM - 3 July, 2004
Hi,

nice to have a feature so a track which has been played allready will get ticked or marked somehow. Saves me from double playing tracks :-)
BadCompany 4:52 PM - 3 July, 2004
the tracks iv _played_ turn green... i think... gotta double check
Alexander 7:10 PM - 3 July, 2004
yep they do turn green when they have been played....at least for me anyway?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 12:34 AM - 4 July, 2004
tracks that have been played turn green. you can click the review button to see a list of recently played tracks, and use the clear button to reset the list.
nik39 1:04 AM - 4 July, 2004
Hm, youre right. I havent recognized it. Is there any chance to make it more visible?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 1:24 AM - 4 July, 2004
Are you saying green isn't obvious enough?
nik39 1:53 AM - 4 July, 2004
Well, yes and no. I'd rather have a column somewhere with a tick or a symbol than a color changed line. Problem is that I am sure during playtime I will ask myseld "now was green for allready played or normal grey for allready played?" ;-) Okay, you might disagree on the usefullness of this suggested feature :-P

Anyway what I wanted to add, I would also pay for an update if ALL suggested things were implemented. My opinion about it.
feniks 1:54 AM - 4 July, 2004
but tracks stay green forever once they have been played....don't they?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 3:45 AM - 4 July, 2004
Until you press the "clear" button, which appears in review mode.
feniks 5:14 AM - 4 July, 2004
wow...it works! i guess you learn something new everyday.
dj_ricochet 10:42 AM - 4 July, 2004
haha i hadn't picked up on the "clear" button either... nice feature
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 7:59 PM - 4 July, 2004
Quote:
I would also pay for an update if ALL suggested things were implemented

We have a large list of features that are going to be added sooner or later, and almost all of the suggestions people have made were already on that list.

We intend to never charge for software updates, however certain features require paying license fees, and those features will most likely be sold as plug-ins to cover that cost.
timothyheit 8:17 PM - 6 July, 2004
I STILL LIKE THE PREVIEW IN F.S. .WHEN YOU LISTEN TO THE TRACK FROM THE SOUND CARD IN F.S IT WONT MARK THAT YOU HAVE PLAYED IT UNTIL YOU SEND IT TO DECK A OR B . THATS A VERRY GOOD FEATURE . BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW THE MUSIC IF YOU PLAY FOR SEVERAL HOURS ITS NICE TO ONLY HAVE IN THE REVIEW THE TRACKS YOU ACTUALLY PLAYED THROUGH THE DECK A OR B . NOT WHAT YOU PLATYED FOR A FEW SECONDS ( ONLY TO FIND OUT IT DOSEN'T FIT IN YOUR SET RIGHT NOW. OTHER THEN THAT F.S HAS A LONG WAY TO GO COMPAIRED TO SSL AND RANES COSTOMER SERVICE IS PERFECT SHAWN(FROM RANE) USES THE PROGRAM AND THATS VERY HELPFUL WHEN YOU HAVE ?S THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT TIMOTHY HEIT
nik39 9:43 PM - 6 July, 2004
I fink yer shift key iz hanging.
nik39 9:47 PM - 6 July, 2004
You know that uppercase only in internet is like shouting... very impolite, isnt it? :-P
timothyheit 4:25 PM - 7 July, 2004
Quote:
I STILL LIKE THE PREVIEW IN F.S. .WHEN YOU LISTEN TO THE TRACK FROM THE SOUND CARD IN F.S IT WONT MARK THAT YOU HAVE PLAYED IT UNTIL YOU SEND IT TO DECK A OR B . THATS A VERY GOOD FEATURE . BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW THE MUSIC IF YOU PLAY FOR SEVERAL HOURS ITS NICE TO ONLY HAVE IN THE REVIEW THE TRACKS YOU ACTUALLY PLAYED THROUGH THE DECK A OR B . NOT WHAT YOU PLATYED FOR A FEW SECONDS ( ONLY TO FIND OUT IT DOSEN'T FIT IN YOUR SET RIGHT NOW. OTHER THEN THAT F.S HAS A LONG WAY TO GO COMPAIRED TO SSL AND RANES COSTOMER SERVICE IS PERFECT SHAWN(FROM RANE) USES THE PROGRAM AND THATS VERY HELPFUL WHEN YOU HAVE ?S THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT TIMOTHY HEIT
timothyheit 4:26 PM - 7 July, 2004
Quote:
yep they do turn green when they have been played....at least for me anyway?
SpinThis! 5:30 AM - 8 July, 2004
Quote:
We intend to never charge for software updates, however certain features require paying license fees, and those features will most likely be sold as plug-ins to cover that cost.

you guys rock.
SpinThis! 7:32 AM - 11 July, 2004
i'm not sure if this has been caught but the display doesn't update (meaning the tracks turn back to white) when you hit the clear button. this is in 1.1 in the mac version (haven't tried it on my windows box).
nik39 2:32 PM - 21 December, 2007
What a stupid suggestion.

;)