DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

ventilation?

djpetey 11:53 AM - 7 November, 2004
I dont know if that word is spelled right.... anyway, im having someone build me a custom coffin for my stuff and he wants to stack my ttm 56 on top of my ssl box..... is that ok? will that mess up any airflow on the ssl box or the rane mixer? any of you rane guys know? Any quick responses would be appreciated.... He wants to get started tomorrow..... thanks for your time......PT
Revolutionary 11:55 AM - 7 November, 2004
Don't think so, but I can't be sure.
skutch 5:13 PM - 7 November, 2004
if your worried have hime mount a tiny fan in the case to get some airflow under your mixer

it will keep your sac cool too! *L
bartaug 5:24 PM - 7 November, 2004
Quote:
will that mess up any airflow on the ssl box or the rane mixer?

IMHO the SSL box doesn't need a lot of airflow. There are no really power consuming parts in it and it is build pretty solid...
Bazildon 5:29 PM - 7 November, 2004
I have my ssl box built into my coffin, in the space under my mixer and its fine. I too was a little conerned about things over heating, but i used it for a few hours then lifted the mixer up and SSL wasn't even slightly warm.

So i'd say go for it.
SpinThis! 12:33 AM - 8 November, 2004
yeh mine's been drinking power from my usb port on the mac for a few days straight... not a hint of warmth at all. (my kaoss pad sits right on top of it.)
Diva 6:00 AM - 8 November, 2004
I'm also looking in to a case/coffin for travel. Carry on (to a plane) size would be good but I'm not sure if all power adaptors, cables boxes, h-drive, laptop etc would fit in it.

Anyone know of any websites to check. I have looked at Pelican and they seem good but pretty chunky. Having wheels would be great too.