Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

The bridge Mixtape

Dj Owe 5:06 PM - 27 April, 2014
I miss making the perfect recording in serato.

I'm pretty clean but I do like making edits and cleaning up a missed snare scratch or an ugly scratch out transition and adding drops and sales to break downs in abelton

Please can we have it capable with serato dj
Draven1327 2:51 PM - 28 April, 2014
there are quite a few threads about this already. post on those so we can keep the count up :-)

+1
Mike Czech 11:19 PM - 26 January, 2015
I will plus one every thread about this. I am a religious Mixtape user. There is absolutely no better recording system for DJs. Serato did a horrible job of showing it off after it was released, so it never got the adoption it deserved. I am still showing DJs all the time how to use it and they are blown away.

+1
Futuretek 2:08 PM - 28 January, 2015
Would love for this to come back.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:01 AM - 29 January, 2015
Hey guys,

Thanks for your interest in Mixtape. We also agree that this feature didn't get the love it deserved when we first released in Scratch Live.

However, the feature comes up pretty regularly in discussions - so we are pretty to determined to bring it back in Serato DJ. I'm sorry that we have no time frame as to when it will be delivered, but most of us here would love to see its return, hopefully with improvements on top of what it already was!

Would love to hear what else you think could have made Mixtape better, and we'll do our best to tackle those things when we hope to get to it.

Martin
Mike Czech 6:04 PM - 29 January, 2015
I personally feel like The Bridge and Mixtape are 2 completely different features, and it seemed like they were rolled together in one big incomprehensible package when they came out. People still ask me about Mixtape - "So you just trigger sounds from Ableton??".

Any DJ making a recording of a mix should know about the powerful editing features that Mixtape provides. When The Bridge was rolled out, there were teaser videos with Jazzy Jeff, ?uestlove, etc talking about how revolutionary it was. But after the release, there was almost no videos showing how to actually use it. All the videos seemed to be aimed at the Ableton Live user who wanted to do live sets in SSL (like DJ Revolution, Biz Wiz, etc), but I don't recall seeing any for the DJ who wants to record in the most useful, most editable, most "mistake in the 55th minute of a 60 minute mix anxiety" reducing way possible.

I do both a radio show and podcast, and also do mix series for several corporate clients. Mixtape changed my workflow 100%, and I can't imagine going back to the caveman days of just recording a stereo mix and hoping it sounds good in the mix. Being able to adjust levels, EQ, add effects per track, add voice tracks and other imaging (with sidechain compression if needed), adding songs mid-mix in post-production, and a zillion (really a zillion) other features makes Mixtape my MUST-HAVE feature to be able to finally let my beloved SSL go and jump head first into SDJ.

I spoke with most of the Serato guys at NAMM last week and expressed my feelings the same. I would love to be part of any beta testing that you're doing towards this end.

Thanks for your time.
sfalta 9:55 AM - 30 January, 2015
+1 for Mixtape
Cwite 9:50 PM - 30 January, 2015
+1
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:51 PM - 30 January, 2015
Hey Mike Czech,

I also agree mixtape could have got more shine rather than being simply one part of "The Bridge". With what marketing that did happen at the time, it was overshadowed by the Ableton panel inside Scratch Live function and was hardly mentioned.

I think we'll look at it differently next time and promote it in a different way. Thanks for your offer to be part of the beta team, I'll be sure to give you a heads up if it happens.

So guys - was there anything that you didn't like about Mixtape? Is there anything extra you'd like to see if it came back to Serato DJ?
maarawoe 9:52 AM - 31 January, 2015
The main thing that comes on my mind when talking about the Mixtape is that usb equipped mixers which will be supported by the Club kit and are able to send midi (almost all of them) should act like the old TTM and pass their midi to the mixtape so the faders and eq are also captured.
Dj Owe 1:38 PM - 31 January, 2015
What I would love to see in future release of mixtape is being able to have the fx of the mixer recorded also.
I remember using echo out on my 62 in scratchlive but mixtape could not record the mixers effects.
Thats about the only thing I can think of right now.
Davideon 4:05 PM - 31 January, 2015
+1
WarpNote 8:34 PM - 31 January, 2015
Quote:
Is there anything extra you'd like to see if it came back to Serato DJ?

Gain, EQ and filter automation data, rather than "hard encoded" into the audio. + FX automation, if possible.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:35 PM - 1 February, 2015
Thanks guys, good to hear.

We'll definitely make any device thats send MIDI automatically pass on its data to Ableton Live in the form of automation.

I think gain, EQ and filter information should also be automation rather than "hard encoded" but some may be picky about the sound. An Ableton Live automated EQ may not be exactly the same as an analog EQ on the Sixty-Two to the trained ear. I think the positives of having it automated (and later adjustable) outweigh that though.

FX as automation is a little trickier subject though. Of course, we probably get sufficient MIDI data from those buttons and knobs that people use to control those effects, but this is definitely a subjective topic. Using an Echo on the Sixty-Two, then listening back in Ableton Live using Abletons Echo effects, will not sound the same - but similar.

Then even with devices that control the software effects, there are simply effects that exist in Serato DJ (or inside Rane Mixers) that do not in Ableton Live. I think this may be one area we can not make as automation.
DJ Compiler 4:30 AM - 2 February, 2015
Well to solve the issue of FX automation you could always see if you could get your effects in a VST format.

I would like to ask Martin if the Bridge will still be a partnership with Ableton still or if everything will be done natively in Serato? Other than your comment above, everytime I've heard the new Bridge mentioned Ableton has not been included in the plan.
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:47 AM - 2 February, 2015
Hey DJ Compiler,

Quote:
Well to solve the issue of FX automation you could always see if you could get your effects in a VST format.

I like this idea. It still wouldn't cover the hardware effects on Rane mixers, would it be suitable for Insert USB FX and controllers etc.

Yes, we do plan to include Ableton. We will do require some help from them, especially if we plan to include new features and improvements on top of how it worked with Scratch Live.
DJ Compiler 5:47 AM - 2 February, 2015
Awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have planned for it. I came on board with SDJ so I never played with the bridge in SSL but the possibilities excite me.
Mike Czech 4:26 PM - 2 February, 2015
Thanks for the reply Martin. Mixtape works flawlessly, I don't think I would honestly change anything about the way the sessions are recorded.

I know there are limits on the hardware side to what's recorded as an editable piece (i.e filter), and I do like the idea of having the DJ-FX available as Ableton-side plugins. I'm sure Izotope could help make those awesome.

I just bought a DDJ-SR for use in some of my mobile gigs, and now that I'm getting used to that workflow too it would be fun to record from there as well. Hoping for more mixer & controller integration for the next round of Mixtape!
BleedR 11:04 AM - 3 February, 2015
I used my DJM 800 for recording with Mixtape, the main issues were like already mentioned the EQs and filters, I would love seeing a preset for the Mixers that can be selected. I don't think it should be hard to do that for Pioneer as you have a collab with them already...
WarpNote 11:38 AM - 3 February, 2015
When referring to FX Martin, I was only thinking of software fx, not hardware fx. However, it would be cool,to have options for recording automation of both, not sure if the automation could be recorded to a dummy fx in ableton, then transferred later? Like a placeholder, know what I mean?
BleedR 3:36 PM - 3 February, 2015
Sure it can, the thing is to have a good "filler" selection for the dummy ;)
Mike Czech 7:15 PM - 3 February, 2015
Quote:

So guys - was there anything that you didn't like about Mixtape? Is there anything extra you'd like to see if it came back to Serato DJ?

Ok, here's one.

When you open a Mixtape file in Ableton, the top track (PGM1) is actually the bottom track in the Crossfader automation in the Master Channel. Small thing, but a little confusing when re-editing Crossfader info.

Make PGM1 the channel on the top of the crossfader automation and PGM2 on the bottom.

That's about how much you guys nailed Mixtape, that this is my only complaint.
djcrap 5:54 AM - 5 February, 2015
The only thing i didnt like about the brige was that ableton sound engine could not scrub backwards like scratchlive does. What i mean you could not scratch backwards ableton sounds because the engine only moves forward
dj_spark 8:02 AM - 5 February, 2015
+1
I think the bridge and mixtape should became 2 products instead of 1 because (for me) they don't have the same target.

Let's say 2 separate plugins and you get a price if you get both...
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:40 AM - 9 February, 2015
Quote:
I would love seeing a preset for the Mixers that can be selected. I don't think it should be hard to do that for Pioneer as you have a collab with them already...

For anything we currently support as a mixing device, we can make the functions mean something in Ableton Live (EQs, filters etc). For devices we don't support, its a little trickier, but if we offered a way to map them it would help.

Quote:
The only thing i didnt like about the brige was that ableton sound engine could not scrub backwards like scratchlive does. What i mean you could not scratch backwards ableton sounds because the engine only moves forward

Yes, unfortunately a limitation of the Ableton engine, and probably most DAWs I imagine. Would be great to re-visit this problem if possible.

Quote:
Make PGM1 the channel on the top of the crossfader automation and PGM2 on the bottom.

Good point!

Thanks for comments guys, great to read. Keep em coming :)
Serato, Support
Matt P 1:38 AM - 9 February, 2015
Master tempo reflects playing track bpm in Serato DJ, so FX and beatgrid is able to be edited post recording in Ableton.

It would be good to know if you have to use sync or not. Or have the option to not have to use sync to have this information recorded.

Matt P
Mike Czech 5:43 AM - 9 February, 2015
Quote:
Master tempo reflects playing track bpm in Serato DJ, so FX and beatgrid is able to be edited post recording in Ableton.

It would be good to know if you have to use sync or not. Or have the option to not have to use sync to have this information recorded.

Matt P

+1
freshadon 12:25 AM - 10 March, 2015
+1 For Mixtape feature.

If possible have FX and EQ settings go over into Ableton as suggested above.
If possible fader position info sent to Ableton when using non Rane mixer.
HeaVyyNeSs 5:12 PM - 26 June, 2015
I hope this is moving along well. It's the only reason im hanging onto ssl.

As for changes.

Need the fader automation/latency problems resolved.

Ability to save recordings to a different path.

Better file size management. Maybe select which channels to record from so an aiff doesnt need to be recorded for each, espically if they arent in use.
HeaVyyNeSs 7:25 AM - 30 September, 2015
bump
boogiebears 9:00 AM - 9 November, 2015
+1
Dj Owe 7:03 AM - 10 November, 2015
+1
DJ Boom Bap 2:59 AM - 14 November, 2015
Bump and +1 for me too
HeaVyyNeSs 5:44 PM - 26 December, 2015
Any updates on this serrate team? 2015 is over... Is this something thats coming in 2016? Mixtape is a very important part of my workflow.
AddamXavier 3:16 AM - 28 December, 2015
+1
Dj Owe 11:01 AM - 28 December, 2015
+1
sfalta 12:02 PM - 28 December, 2015
+1
maarawoe 6:20 PM - 28 December, 2015
I am bored with all those +1's....
Why the hell we need to +1 for bringing back a great feature???? The people who found these great features are no longer working for Serato? The ones who decided to get it removed does? If so, something is wrong..... The bridge and mixtape are being requested since the Ableton 9 release but the Serato's priority is the shitty Pulselocker integration, noone ever asked for...
popnwave 7:15 PM - 28 December, 2015
Quote:
I am bored with all those +1's....
Why the hell we need to +1 for bringing back a great feature???? The people who found these great features are no longer working for Serato? The ones who decided to get it removed does? If so, something is wrong..... The bridge and mixtape are being requested since the Ableton 9 release but the Serato's priority is the shitty Pulselocker integration, noone ever asked for...

SDJ has never had that feature, so your logic is flawed. Had the SSL product continued I would understand that statement.

And on a whole, as much as streaming isn't for me (even with locally downloaded files) it IS the way the market has gone. Obviously MixTape was a cool but very niche concept that probably left with some of the SSL devs when the product line changed.
Dj Owe 4:35 AM - 30 December, 2015
Or could just download and install scratch live.
Only problem i have is that i have upgraded so much dj gear i forgot to keep equipment to run scratch live just incase i might need to.
But i only did that because i was asuming SDJ would be an exact duplicate but with extra bells and whistles for better creativity. Slow but surely it is very much but like i said.
Slowly.
Dj Owe 6:59 AM - 2 January, 2016
How are we looking for this feature for SDJ Sertao?
Mutis Mayfield 11:19 AM - 3 January, 2016
Hi guys,
First of all Happy new year!

Due it seems maybe a Serato worker is tracking this one and some of you male a good points in the earlier posts I will give my humble (and bit technical) opinion/help (also because I will not make finally my blog and focus myself in live looping and other life things)

Let's start by facts, then go technical and finally wonder solutions.

Facts:
-Serato The Bridge and mixtape should be separated products.
Well, they could be but the inner tech made them a failed frankstein.

-Ableton audio engine is not cappable of scrubbing backwards for scratching.
Mmm... Yes but it is not a real problem. It could be possible to develop a solution but maybe is easier go go over it and focus in the most simple solution...

-Sync is necessary to keep beatgridding, to keep fx automation, to warping...
That's maybe why the Bridge/mixtape didn't take off. Ssl users often believe this is cheating blabla... But sync is a tool not the devil.

-All the features in the partnership required booth software. Each software should be cappable of all the features without the other.

Well, the "in-the-middle" finally product was incomplete from all the POV, even when Mixtape users had take most of the need.

So, how to keep all (or the majority of users)?
Due the technical implications and the "suposed" wanted features it could be achieve with two different routes. Maybe a mix of booth could be the right solution. Let's see.

Proposition for solution one:
Every software is cappable of the majority functions that the other has.
This means Serato is cappable of scene recording and launching (Flip does it more or less) also means Ableton could be cappable of clip scratching (it could be nowadays but it isn't)

What Serato will need? Improve their own tools and "link" to Ableton (or any host really... Or develop a host?)

Proposition two:
Take from each software the best and make them run altogether.
Well this has its own drawbacks as we notice in the Bridge released like version dependency, remote scripting dependency, no instruments channel control... But it could be improved of course.

Technical solutions:
First place: Embrace sync. Without "link" or "bridge" (it was a python link under the hood so sync between them) none of this is possible. Accept it as good, needed, useful and grow. Without it keep yourself in SSL realm and its limitations but stop rant or demand "magic". There is not useful solution without syncing the transport between them and internally (Flip is a midi recorder for cues, mixtape is an automation recorder for channel faders and crossfaders...) so undertand it and dream about how use it without think you are cheating, because it isn't.

Anyways it could be possible to "market" it as no sync if you keep the apps isolated (improving Flip with vinyl tracking recording too) and creating an xml file with all the recorded movements (even mixer fx if they are midi controllable of course) then open it in editor to erase/improve mistakes or...

Create an special channel in Ableton live cappable of decode these "inner recordings" and continue producing in live (maybe it could be possible with vst ala scratchtrack but it has some limitations against native rack or maxforlive). It sounds complex because it is and will require an intense hand to hand work like maxmsp implementation which cost to max users the drop of pluggo and only became a winwin situation this year with the max7 release which open maxforlive devices without ableton intervention (making Max7 a complete host with transport, timestretching, video...)

Finally thoughts:
I was very skeptic with the Bridge release. Also I was very beligerant because it promisses things than never happen and force users to buy booth softwares. I help in the development of Ms.Pinky midi cappabilities, maxforlive device design, skrat.ch project, scratchML project and so many others which never will give credit (nor thanks) to all the energy I put to solve this "issue": Turn the turntable a full modern instrument. Inspired by A-trak and the other guy who design TTM handwritting tool, inspired by Ms. pinky maxmsp do it yourself canvas and so many other individuals who try to make a difference. That was what I learn from Hiphop Culture ans that's what I give all my knowledge/help to the Serato now. Because they make a good job (like Vestax in their own) but befause I see this is no going to happen never and maybe it is unnecessary to most users.

A full automatable (including vinyl vector) SDj could be solution to bridge and mixtape anything. The proof of concept is out there in pieces of the puzzle... Maybe it is time to hire Scott wardle or Aaron Leese and of course hearing your userbase.

I hope it helps. Happy new year once again.

Lots of love,
Mudo, mutis etc
Mister Ries 2:50 PM - 5 February, 2016
I would love it if this feature would be built in Serato DJ.
TEC21 10:40 AM - 9 February, 2016
+1
Dj Owe 4:51 PM - 11 February, 2016
+1
Dj Owe 9:17 AM - 25 February, 2016
Please for 1.9 release fam.
popnwave 3:49 AM - 27 February, 2016
Quote:
Please for 1.9 release fam.

Pulselocker is 1.9.
popnwave 3:50 AM - 27 February, 2016
Whoops I meant to add, people got their tempo match back as well.
Dj Ray Los Angeles 7:26 PM - 15 February, 2017
so is Serato really working on getting the Mixtape feature on Serato Dj or am i just wishing for a unicorn here? I really hope Serato can add it to Serato Dj it was a great tool for me. Thank you. +1
Mike Czech 8:06 PM - 15 February, 2017
Going on 3 years here... Can Matt P or anyone else from the Serato side shed a little light on any possible progress? I am still using SSL and Mixtape on a weekly basis. Would love to see something new on the SDJ side of things.
dj_spark 9:41 PM - 15 February, 2017
With Ableton Link I don't think this is still on top of the list.
Only the Mixtape user are not satisfied for now, people that needed to sync their production with the DJ now have a solution.
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:23 PM - 15 February, 2017
Hey guys,

I wish I had an update for you on Mixtape, unfortunately I don't.

Link was a solution for those who used the other side of "the bridge" (see what I did there) for using the apps to sync together and allow more live remixing capabilities.

Mixtape requires a lot of resources from not only Serato but Ableton as well. Which means it needs to be both company's priority.

As of now there is a hacky way to get a pseudo bridge working with the DJMnxs mixer, but other than that there isn't much to report i'm afraid.

Regards
Mike Czech 1:03 AM - 16 February, 2017
Quote:
Hey guys,

I wish I had an update for you on Mixtape, unfortunately I don't.

Link was a solution for those who used the other side of "the bridge" (see what I did there) for using the apps to sync together and allow more live remixing capabilities.

Mixtape requires a lot of resources from not only Serato but Ableton as well. Which means it needs to be both company's priority.

As of now there is a hacky way to get a pseudo bridge working with the DJMnxs mixer, but other than that there isn't much to report i'm afraid.

Regards

Thank you for the honest feedback. It's better to hear "not yet" or "no" rather than wait and wonder. Do you have a link to that "hacky way" that you mentioned? When my current laptop retires, I won't be able to use SDJ any longer. Fingers crossed that I won't have to deal with that soon, but I need to start looking at alternatives.

I will also start to pester Ableton about collaborating again. Do you know any specifics of what they would need to implement from their end? Wouldn't it be pretty much the same as it was on the previous version of Mixtape? I don't think their file format has changed significantly over the years. They are one of the slowest evolving DAW platforms around...

Cheers Matt!
Mike Czech 1:07 AM - 16 February, 2017
Also, Matt-

Can you please find the guy who has been tasked with implementing Day Mode in SDJ and tell him I will buy him lunch if he puts it into 1.9.7? I'll even make it a combo meal. Promise.

Thanks!
HeaVyyNeSs 4:50 AM - 16 February, 2017
Bummer.. I still use ssl for this reason as well. How can this becomes a priority...
Even if it's only a way to manually route midi and audio to ableton. Any links to the nexus hack? I'd appreciate any type of workaround.
HeaVyyNeSs 4:50 AM - 16 February, 2017
Bummer.. I still use ssl for this reason as well. How can this become a priority...
Even if it's only a way to manually route midi and audio to ableton. Any links to the nexus hack? I'd appreciate any type of workaround.
Dj Owe 4:15 PM - 16 February, 2017
Thanks matt p
dj_spark 8:10 PM - 16 February, 2017
I can record separate outputs of my DJM T1 with Ableton, but the midi parts (recording faders/ knobs) often make Ableton crash. So I end up only recording 3 audio stream : deck A; deck B; master.
Dj Owe 1:29 PM - 17 February, 2017
dope can you set up a video please
Serato, Support
Matt P 3:56 PM - 17 February, 2017
From OP Miller,

It really seems only to work with HID mode and the DJM900nxs.

The other day on the studio, I figured out that I can record a stereo channel into Ableton via USB 5/6 from the mixer into the DAW for recording mixes, when setting the channel external input in Ableton to 5/6. When I realized this, I tried to test out recording USB 1/2 and USB 3/4 for the turntables to individual channels into Ableton so I could have the function of the Mixtape from SSL. When both of the channels in Ableton were in record mode, the time code from one of the channels was coming thru along with the song, making it impossible to record. I tried a few different set ups int he Pioneer Setting Utility,, but nothing worked to kill the time code. I also realized that none of the fader movement was recorded in Ableton.

I then realized that if I try the same thing in HID mode with the Club Kit on a 900 Nexus mixer that I can bypass the timecode. Derrick and I took this idea for a long spin. When I set up the recording with channels 2 & 3 as the primary decks, I was able to route audio from USB 3/4 and 5/6 to channels in Ableton. I went a step forward and mapped the volume faders to the volume fader on the channels in Ableton. I also mapped the crossfader on the mixer to the crossfader in Ableton. This way I can get automation of all of the faders in Ableton and make corrections if needed. This all worked out well, but whenever I would pull down the volume faders, it would destructively cut the recorded audio in Ableton. I was trying to get the fader on the mixer to work in post fader mode so the audio would still record into Ableton if the volume fader was pulled down. This way the audio would not be destructively cut, but the automation would handle the volume cut. I also tried doing this with Link on between Ableton and Serato so the BPM and grid would be tight for post editing.

It would be important for you guys to know this isn't my workaround, so there fore can't properly troubleshoot it for you, but I hope it helps

Regards
dj_spark 3:50 PM - 18 February, 2017
Quote:
dope can you set up a video please

Got a new laptop a little bit more powerful, I can now record the midi but I have a sligh time differences between the recorded audio and midi event (latency I guess), but it shouldn't be so hard to fix in post by sliping the audio tracks.

I'll show you how it's done on a basic setup so you can build over this and do your things.
Dj Owe 9:45 PM - 19 February, 2017
Whoa my jaw dropped reading this. I'm going to play around with it also.
DJVertigo 3:11 AM - 20 February, 2017
It's pretty easy to do with a Rane 62. Set up two audio channels in Ableton, 1 USB1/2, 2 USB3/4. You can also set up a channel that records the activated FX, you just have to adjust the volume for the FX because they send quite loud. Its post fader so you can't edit crossfader cuts, but I feel the latency is better that way. I would like to try Link to follow the tempo. The only other problem is the resources it all takes.
Mr Wilks 9:51 AM - 20 February, 2017
Great find Matt P :)

It's good there's at least a partial solution first people euthanasia the Nexus setups.

One thing is like to see added to the bridge if it ever came back:

Allowing Ableton Live Intro/Lite work.

When the bridge first hit the scene I purchased an APC40 and two Launchpads... but then had to purchase the full Live 8 on top of that for it to work. Total cost was £550... add to this a full licence of Live 8, it brought it up to £750+.
I didn't have to buy the Launchpads but I wanted them anyway, but just seemed a shame I had all this hardware yet nothing that could open the bridge.

For mass adoption and take up feel this was a stumbling block. I can understand it limits the use of the bridge/mixtape to people who know Live and cuts out the noobs, reducing support issues from people who don't have a clue, but the barrier of entry was a little high.

I feel having it work with Live Intro/Lite would help push it further as editing a mix after could be done perfectly fine in, say, the APC40 edition I had with the £350 controller I'd just purchased.

I wouldn't want it to become 'elitest'. Mass adoption would probably have saved it and helped it to be carried over to SDJ!
DjFloops 11:26 PM - 9 March, 2017
Saw this fork on GitHub perhaps the serato guys could validate the source? github.com
DJ TooHypE 6:22 PM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks for your interest in Mixtape. We also agree that this feature didn't get the love it deserved when we first released in Scratch Live.

However, the feature comes up pretty regularly in discussions - so we are pretty to determined to bring it back in Serato DJ. I'm sorry that we have no time frame as to when it will be delivered, but most of us here would love to see its return, hopefully with improvements on top of what it already was!

Would love to hear what else you think could have made Mixtape better, and we'll do our best to tackle those things when we hope to get to it.

Martin

+1 for Serato DJ Pro 2.0 please
Gyo 9:19 PM - 23 April, 2020
Up
Dj Owe 9:54 PM - 6 May, 2020
Can we bring this back please Martin.
Mike Czech 5:04 AM - 11 May, 2020
Days go by and still I think of you, Mixtape.
Dubbylabby 1:29 PM - 11 May, 2020
I keep my proposal but now Serato has sample and studio the logical step is integrate mixtape inside studio and support for dvs/jogs on sample (so it could be integrated inside ableton or other DAWs).

Record session (mixtape) with full automatization (turntable vector position ttm included, flip as scenes...) inside SDJ but edit that in detail inside Studio.

Extra points if scratching recording and so becomes implemented directly inside Studio but maybe to “forward thinking” to some users...
Da_Kydd 12:20 AM - 26 June, 2021
+1...definitely
DJ Memetic 1:19 AM - 30 April, 2022
+1 in 2022!
DJ Memetic 1:19 AM - 30 April, 2022
+1 in 2022!
cotdagoo 9:17 PM - 2 May, 2022
They can't even add basic library features..

wishful thinking.. +1

but don't hold your breath.. after supporting this company's products for years I've lost faith entirely in any meaningful changes being made to Serato DJ.

the developers would much rather work on Serato Studio and it shows.
Laz219 12:31 AM - 3 May, 2022
If mixtape was to come back I'd expect it to be integrated into Studio anyway.

Definitely want this feature back, I never had a compatible mixer back in the day but was would've used this feature constantly if I did.
Dj Owe 4:33 AM - 12 May, 2022
DAMN now that you mention it it would be so dope to have this with studio!