Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ECHO OUT FX Serato DJ (SL3)

Dangerous 9:52 AM - 25 April, 2014
The 'Echo Out' FX in Scratch Live was by far the best and most useful FX for transitions. I can't understand why it has been removed. Evolution should be a progression not a regression!

Previously on Scratch Live when playing in a club and using a standard mixer with an SL3 box, you simply select the Echo Out Effect click it .. it "echoes out" and you play the next track. Simple

Now it has been removed?! I'm sure theres a convoluted way to replicate this when using a standard mixer and SL3 box (probably involves using the mouse to manually pause after the fx is on but I'm interested to hear!) but i don't understand the logic of taking away the one touch echo out.

A normal echo may be ok when you have though effects on a dedicated mixer or controller at home, but in a club environment when you're using an SL3 box I can't see a simple quick way to echo out with one button.

Is there a way to have "Echo Out" as a one touch effect in Serato DJ in a real live environment where you likely have a standard mixer and SL Box?

Thanks Guys!
Dj MacMillz 6:54 PM - 25 April, 2014
Combo Echo Fade in the multi EFX group, it's in the free pack so don't worry.
Dangerous 11:34 AM - 28 April, 2014
MacMillz....you're a hero! Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking to achieve.

Also my fault for ever doubting the awesome guys at Serato ;)

Thanks for you help bro
JonathanP 8:30 AM - 15 August, 2014
I would love the ability to be able to control more than one parameter with this effect. To the Serato team: please add that. :)
DjSKum 4:24 PM - 15 August, 2014
^ yes feedback would be great so the length of decay can be adjusted, it's too quick at the moment...
lazy soul 12:46 PM - 16 August, 2014
Quote:
^ yes feedback would be great so the length of decay can be adjusted, it's too quick at the moment...

+1
Jeff Scott 8:01 PM - 16 August, 2014
+1 on more control of the parameters of the combo echo fade!