Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer really drop the ball on the Pioneer DDJ SZ!!!!!

DjMarcusD 5:11 AM - 22 April, 2014
I went to Guitar Center today to check out the so called monster of controllers Pioneer DDJ SZ for Serato DJ.. I took my mac book pro in with me "looking like money ready to buy" so the sells guy let me plug up to demo the DDJ SZ. I must be honest this thing is pretty but Pioneer drop the ball on this one. After really trying to see if i should give up my DDJ SX for the DDJ SZ this what i noticed about the DDJ SZ. First of all the jog wheels have problems .... Question to Pioneer if y'all trying to make this the club stander controller like 1200's was for years .... i can even say y'all CDJ 1000 and DJM mixer line was great but why didn't y'all open this thing up like this.... took the screen from the CDJ 2000, add USB to use y'all software Record Box then this would of been a killer controller. Pioneer y'all need to recall this DDJ SZ and remake this with the idea of y'all CDJ 2000 with out the CD drive or you might end up like technic did when they made the 1200 digital turntable "lost call" IJS cause its nothing on it that makes it better than the DDJ SX other than timecode but who really want timecode for something this big and heavy and still got bring Tables or CDJ's "REALLY.......... for 2k!!!!!!
damehype 6:12 AM - 22 April, 2014
Do a lil research and you'll see they are already trying to resolve the situation
Davideon 7:15 AM - 22 April, 2014
In other news, the Technics cd deck isnt quite up to scratch
deejdave 8:54 PM - 22 April, 2014
LOL @ Technics. BTW Itch has been canceled.

I think a little research on the SZ platter issue as well as pricing would have gone a long way.

BTW This is Pioneers official announcement regarding this issue which was released about a month ago.
DJ Chuckie Chuck 12:51 AM - 23 April, 2014
i owned the SZ i for me, im happy with it even tho many users reporting that the SZ have jog wheel issues.
For me, it's just the way how you touch the platter.
Yeah, we cant compared the SZ with the 2000's because the technology differentials (some claim that SZ's jog wheel use heat censor while the 2000's use touch censor).
Well, it's fine with me as long the jog wheel do its job and i still mix :)
Manny C dot com 5:38 AM - 23 April, 2014
Frankly, I just want to know what sort of high school allows people to graduate with such poor command of the English language.

i.imgur.com
DJ Chuckie Chuck 6:07 AM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:
Frankly, I just want to know what sort of high school allows people to graduate with such poor command of the English language.

i.imgur.com

ah.
im sorry.
im not American.
sorry for my bad English :)
deejdave 7:50 AM - 23 April, 2014
Being from Malaysia I felt you did rather well. I am also guessing the High Schools over there could give a rats ass in you know English, I know we don't get penalized for not knowing your language LOL.
DJ Chuckie Chuck 12:57 PM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:
Being from Malaysia I felt you did rather well. I am also guessing the High Schools over there could give a rats ass in you know English, I know we don't get penalized for not knowing your language LOL.

Hahahahahahah !
Guest so.
Once again, sorry for my bad English :)
Taipanic 3:04 PM - 23 April, 2014
Waiting to see Manny C Dot Com's expertise in Bahasa Malaysia
Joee 7:38 PM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:

check out this little mod of a sl1200dz
Watchwww.youtube.com
Ragman 7:48 PM - 23 April, 2014
I think Manny was talking about the OP.
OneCrazyDJ 8:39 PM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Think you should watch this then
deejdave 9:14 PM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:
I think Manny was talking about the OP.

With the exception of the Y'all (which is a regional thing) it seems pretty straight forward LOL. Typical middle of the night post LOL...........................
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:13 PM - 23 April, 2014
Not sure if some of Y'all are following the SZ update, but mine seems to be completed and waiting to be shipped back to me.
deejdave 10:19 PM - 23 April, 2014
Yeah i saw that. AWESOME news!! Let us know how it goes. If I had to guess to save from further backfire you can probably expect an amazing recovery..............

You gotta believe that some dude is in charge of plugging these units in and literally getting his hands dirty (not literally I hope LOL) prior to sending them out.
Ragman 10:20 PM - 23 April, 2014
Well I must be totally uneducated. I say y'all all the time when I'm talking.
deejdave 10:23 PM - 23 April, 2014
Nothing wrong with that. That's why I am hoping he wasn't talking about the OP. I see nothing wrong with the first post. May I ask why you thought he was talking about the OP? Not being a dick just curious.

I mean at that time of the night nobody's perfect LOL.
DJ Chuckie Chuck 11:21 PM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:
Waiting to see Manny C Dot Com's expertise in Bahasa Malaysia

Hopefully; soon :)
Ragman 5:16 AM - 24 April, 2014
Quote:
Nothing wrong with that. That's why I am hoping he wasn't talking about the OP. I see nothing wrong with the first post. May I ask why you thought he was talking about the OP? Not being a dick just curious.

I mean at that time of the night nobody's perfect LOL.

Some people find the southern y'all thing kinda ignorant sounding. That's why I said "I think". I really don't know who he was talking about.
DjMarcusD 11:03 PM - 1 May, 2014
i'm just checking this y'all......hey don't try to be funny you all do that sounds better****?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:22 AM - 2 May, 2014
Y'all!! I got my SZ back and it is working as it should be!
DjMarcusD 1:13 AM - 2 May, 2014
y'all gone turn up tonight
DjMarcusD 1:15 AM - 2 May, 2014
dj's new sh!t to say when rocking the party!!!!!!! Y'all
blackavenger 7:14 PM - 3 May, 2014
Quote:
Some people find the southern y'all thing kinda ignorant sounding.

I moved to the South when I was 10 years old....I am now 37. I didn't pick up a drawl, but I use the term Y'all everyday in conversation. It is the most natural thing in the world to me. I don't see it as an ignorant term at all.
deejdave 7:23 PM - 3 May, 2014
Like I said it's a regional thing. When it's said up here in NY it's pretty much just assumed that the person is from the south is all. Possibly a few assumptions to go along with that but that's besides the point........ Haha jk although I know it happens it is just as easy to find "lower caliber individuals" up here as it is down south.
blackavenger 9:09 PM - 3 May, 2014
I think Y'all is a far better term than Yins/Yuns.
Yins/Yuns, sounds hick as fuck to me!
deejdave 9:10 PM - 3 May, 2014
Never even heard Yins/Yuns. What is that even slang for?
blackavenger 9:12 PM - 3 May, 2014
It's the same as Y'all.......You All.

Peeps from Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia tend to use it.
deejdave 9:15 PM - 3 May, 2014
Hah really? Funniest thing.................... I'm staying in Pennsylvania today!!! Actually here in East Stroudsberg. I'm gonna be listening for this tonight now!!! LOL
Joee 9:54 PM - 3 May, 2014
Quote:
Hah really? Funniest thing.................... I'm staying in Pennsylvania today!!! Actually here in East Stroudsberg. I'm gonna be listening for this tonight now!!! LOL

this is a common practice , on the east cost to take the you all and shorten it to y'all

instead of say you all going to the bar tonight we say, y'all going to the bar tonight

stop pretending like you've never heard the term before

FYI

i'm from pa
deejdave 10:00 PM - 3 May, 2014
Uhhhhh looks like someone's got a few more issues than grammar. Clearly I was talking about yin/yun's. See then I get started. Then I get labeled as mean.......... I mean is it me here?
Joee 10:05 PM - 3 May, 2014
Y'all come back now you hear!

go google that to see what shows that from
DjMarcusD 11:26 PM - 3 May, 2014
time to turn the fuck up y'all and let this shit fly....talk about serato dj..bitch!!!!
BOOGIEFROMCUR 3:38 PM - 8 May, 2014
Man...o.. man.. we really got some deejay's with some other issues here...No...deejdave it's definitely not you...I notice all the time on international forums that we have some ignorant people on forums who think "only" english speaking scholars (not deejays) use serato in this world and that the whole world speaks perfect english as their maiden language...
But ok...Can anybody enlighten me as in "where" I can find information on the post fader effects issue that my SZ is having. To be clear... My SX has the same (software) serato effects and after turning the SX channel upfader down, the effects will bleed out perfectly (just like on any pioneer hardware mixer).
...however testing my new out the box SZ yesterday I noticed (beside the jogplatter issue) that the software effects DO NOT work post fader, with other words lowering the upfader means killing the effect. Thus they do not bleed out, but are abruptly "killed".
Soo... I understood this issue has been discussed...I cannot find this discussion anywhere so please help me and point me to that direction. Thank you guys.
Also btw...Manny C dot com ... in case my explanation in English is not clear... my sincere apologies (its just one of the four languages that I usually struggle with on forums with disrespectfull people to make my point very clear).
Greetings from Curacao (and btw I don't give a shit in what language and with how many grammar typo's people express themselves as long as they show respect for others).
Respect for Dj Chuckie Chuck, he's quite a nice guy to apologize for something he should not even apologize for.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:59 PM - 8 May, 2014
^^^^

It is not an issue

Quote:
serato.com

Quote:
Yes pioneer and serato discussed it a lot at the beginning and only the hardware effects are post fader. ill find the links and info.
Davideon 4:27 PM - 8 May, 2014
This post fader "issue" has been answered 3 times for you now I believe. The sz has been built not to have post fader effects on the software. no issue. your unit works as it should
DJ Master T 8:29 PM - 8 May, 2014
This guy is like the other one bashing with the airhorn...... It's a different product, it's not the same as the SX. It's designed to work like that.