Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

serato dj video quality on pc

SHANE123 5:51 PM - 17 April, 2014
I have an i5 hp pavilion dm4 64 bit OS 2.4 GHz RAM 4GB....what setting can i use or what do i need to get the best quality when video mixing....is quick time the only option?just need some pointers....until mac(grin)
Culprit 5:24 AM - 18 April, 2014
what video card is on this machine
SHANE123 12:09 PM - 18 April, 2014
Intel graphics and media.....think its that unless I'm wrong ....let me know how to check otherwise...thanks
SHANE123 12:16 PM - 18 April, 2014
Intel HD graphics 3000
Culprit 4:28 PM - 18 April, 2014
Funkytownstopsix 5:20 PM - 18 April, 2014
Look in your device manger and see what is listed for your grahpics card.
DJ SKaDRE 2:58 AM - 22 April, 2014
Watchvimeo.com
Here is the link to my video mix i made using my samsung 7 series PC which has an Nvidia geoforce 630m 512 mb video card. Running Serato Dj 1.6.1 with numark NS7 II. installed lav filters and forced directshow not quicktime. Recorded straight to external HD with settings on high and at 720p. what do u think?
DJ Tecniq 9:12 PM - 27 April, 2014
Quote:
Watchvimeo.com
Here is the link to my video mix i made using my samsung 7 series PC which has an Nvidia geoforce 630m 512 mb video card. Running Serato Dj 1.6.1 with numark NS7 II. installed lav filters and forced directshow not quicktime. Recorded straight to external HD with settings on high and at 720p. what do u think?
why did the recording come out cropped? that must be how serato dj/video records it? That's the 2nd video mix I've seen that been recorded with serato dj like that..
DJ SKaDRE 8:18 PM - 29 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Watchvimeo.com
why did the recording come out cropped? that must be how serato dj/video records it? That's the 2nd video mix I've seen that been recorded with serato dj like that..

your right it is how serato records the mix
Culprit 8:56 PM - 29 April, 2014
did you make sure your recording settings were set to 16:9 ?
DJ SKaDRE 5:56 PM - 15 May, 2014
yes
DJ Tecniq 2:25 AM - 16 May, 2014
Quote:
yes
then it's a bug. Try testing again if you get the same result. I'm perfectly okay with using screenflow for recording cause it doesn't crop the recording it's always full screen how it should be. ME or Screenflow are the only solution to quality recording.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 4:23 AM - 16 May, 2014
Hi DJ SKaDRE,

The cropping issue you are talking about in the Mix recording looks more like this;

- You are using Preserve as the Media Treatment which retains the original source video size.
- The source video files are recorded in to a 720p ( 1280 x 720 ) resolution.

This is why the files appear cropped and i'm guessing most of the source video files are 4:3 Aspect Ratio.

Also, if you are using the zoom effect on a 4:3 video preserved in a 16:9 Output Aspect Ratio the effect will only be zooming within the 4:3 bounds of the source video file.
Funkytownstopsix 1:44 PM - 16 May, 2014
actually Mix Emergency does the same thing. Every video is streched to 16:9 so it looks as though it's doing as it should but remember it goes back and renders the videos after the mix so if you play a 4:3 video end the end it will still be as such a 4:3 not streched. Screenflow is the best option as what you see is what you get.
SHANE123 5:18 PM - 16 May, 2014
Guys laptop issue solved so far....with intel i5 all you do is upgrade memory...i'm now at 8GB ram and i assigned more ram to operations and now it runs smooth and graphics are on point....still testing....full load using beeple videos on two decks... physical mem is 37% and cpu use is peaking at 61 but hangs in the 40's %