Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Small random audio clicks while recording with Audacity

Jefe411 4:32 PM - 10 April, 2014
Hi. I am new to Serato DJ. I have a MacoBook Pro (i5/8GB) with Pitch-N-Time DJ installed. I recorded a 15 minute mix and maybe throughout the entire mix I heard on the recording from Audacity several faint clicks randomly spaced out. I had WiFi and BT off.

I recorded with Serato's REC feature and all was well, no issues. I set Audacity's buffer to 100ms and I still some heard clicks during my testing. Since I do not have any external sources coming into my Pioneer DDJ-SX, I will just use your record feature instead of Audacity.

Can anyone provide any setup tweaks that may help resolve the issue?

Thanks
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 1:48 PM - 14 May, 2014
Same problem here - no resolution yet. I used to record directly thru audacity with a Denon MC 6000 using Scratch live and great sound quality. Now with the DDJ SX I have crackling and pops when recording but only via Audacity. The reason why I want to use Audacity rather than the Record option in Serato is because Audacity will record the Mic as well and Serato DJ does not.
Jefe411 8:13 PM - 20 May, 2014
I assume it may be processor or resource limited causing Audacity to pop. Not sure.
DJ Quartz 8:21 PM - 20 May, 2014
Quote:
Same problem here - no resolution yet. I used to record directly thru audacity with a Denon MC 6000 using Scratch live and great sound quality. Now with the DDJ SX I have crackling and pops when recording but only via Audacity. The reason why I want to use Audacity rather than the Record option in Serato is because Audacity will record the Mic as well and Serato DJ does not.

It should record your mic channel too, is this a known issue?
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 12:03 AM - 22 May, 2014
**UPDATE--So I updated to the latest version of Audacity and the recordings sound much better. As far as the built in recorder for Serato DJ it does not record the mic output on the DDJ-SX. Not sure why or if there is a setting that needs to be in place but I've looked everywhere. So thats why prefer Audacity to record because it will pick up the Mic.
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 9:21 PM - 19 August, 2014
**Update SDJ 1.7 now records Mic output on DDJ SX! Thanks Serato!!