Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Crate length in hours, minutes & seconds...

SUBSTANCE 9:03 AM - 9 February, 2009
It would be very handy to be able to see how long a crate is becoming when preparing sets.
Marqs 2:17 AM - 13 June, 2009
That would be good. Maybe there at lower part of the screen, where usually "file reading status" and battery percentage is displayed.
Steffen Hoppe 9:42 AM - 14 June, 2009
+1
Laz219 9:16 AM - 15 June, 2009
+1..would be useful for me if I could get a readout of the prepare crate.
PolishPat 10:31 AM - 25 June, 2009
Track set length is useful for when having to burn CD's so you know how much time is left on the CD.

But for that info to popup somewhere when you click on a crate, would be silly for the reason you suggested, unless you're the kind of DJ that mixes from beginning to end of every single 5+ min track...

That and I have crates that range from maybe 10 or so tracks, to some crates that are almost 2,000 tracks within... I can't imagine the loads times necessary for the readouts to work, and besides, maybe a more CPU friendly way would be to have the crate length work off of the total of the 'length column', but then again, not all tracks have a length associated, unless you've played it out first, cuz building overviews doesn't fill in the length...

So. Yeah. I'm on the fence for this idea. As long as it doesn't bog down on my processor and memory. And if it will, as long as it's a checkable option within the Visual tab in Setup.

+.5 :-P
SUBSTANCE 11:37 AM - 28 June, 2009
this is just the scenario where I would find it most handy:
when I DJ for rappers I quite often let the whole song ride out. I'd like to build a set with an MC and have a rough idea of how long our set is. We change the set list slightly every night when we're on tour. The inevitable question during rehearsal is "how long's the set?"
DJ d.range 5:34 AM - 6 July, 2009
+1
DJ Gatek 11:20 PM - 8 July, 2009
+1
will be very handy for preparing sets even if you dont usually play a track from beginning to the end. anyway it'll give you a rough idea.
badgerbeats 5:25 AM - 8 May, 2012
+1
Absolutely agree on this one.
I've been lazy and made myself a playlist in advance for a 5 hour set, and it'd be awesome to know how much time I've got left, or if I've gone over the mark so I can tweak the playlist and make it exactly 5 hours.
chill1 8:37 PM - 6 December, 2012
I am surprised this still hasn't been added to any updates!! A lot of gigs i do consists of playing background music so i need to know how long the music lasts in the crate so i can go off for a munch, more professional then just leaving it on repeat. Also i think it is a vital thing to have if you are constantly organising playlists for various gigs with strict timing like i am. Hasn't iTunes had this function since iTunes 1 came out? Come on serato, pull your finger out please!
Marv Incredible 4:35 AM - 9 December, 2012
+1. But not just crate length. I also want to know the number and total length of any selected files.
Laz219 11:08 AM - 12 December, 2012
I still support this in serato, but just as a workaround if you're not aware- It is possible to drag crates into itunes playlists to get this readout.
Marv Incredible 2:13 PM - 14 December, 2012
^That's handy to know for all those who use Itunes. Personally, I don't go anywhere near it, but it's still a good tip. Thx
Rasta Four-Eyes 8:57 PM - 5 November, 2014
+1. Length durations are excellent. Add it it! It's 2014! People have been asking for 5 years now!!!!
Jesswah 9:58 PM - 30 April, 2015
Agreed! this is a well needed featured!
TonyOn 4:25 AM - 8 January, 2016
+1!!
Forerunner 3:11 PM - 12 April, 2016
Please bring this feature out! It would be amazing and really useful!

When I build playlists, I am often concerned with the length of time each playlist will last. Many clients of mine like to build out cocktail hour playlists or music for dinner. It would be highly beneficial to know how much time their selections will take up so that I can fill up the remaining time.

In Serato, I would think the programming would be to a minimum since all it would need to do is sum up the track times.
DJ MoLoToV 11:39 PM - 12 April, 2016
+1
Mr Wilks 9:58 PM - 13 April, 2016
+1
Marv Incredible 11:07 PM - 17 September, 2016
Quote:
Marv Incredible 3:13 PM - 14 December, 2012
+1. But not just crate length. I also want to know the number and total length of any selected files.

Still waiting and hoping for this. And after nearly four years, it'd be nice if we could finally get it. I know we never play tunes from end to end, but there are so many occasions where this would help compile sets and mixes. It's such a fundamental part of what we do after all.
DJ Quartz 7:06 PM - 19 September, 2016
+1 for Crate Statistics, been requested for awhile now.
Leafie 9:17 PM - 19 September, 2016
This has got to be so easy to add and very useful. +1
trash2 12:22 PM - 22 October, 2016
+1
Dario Freije 11:57 PM - 24 October, 2016
+1 very useful
Sound Factor 4:05 AM - 4 May, 2019
+1 Still waiting on this feature. Make you wonder if they read this forum. Instead they just charge you an extra $100 to mix vinyl on your serato controller
Forerunner 4:38 PM - 23 August, 2019
Yeah, I'm not too sure if anyone looks at this stuff... It would be nice to get some feedback from the team with a simple "we have logged this feature request" or something.