Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Multi Deck without a Controller or Mixer

DJ Yaitanis 8:02 PM - 2 April, 2014
I tried finding this tread and gave up. Many Times I find myself wanting to practice mixes and not lug out all the equipment. We live in a small world, travel etc.

Would Serato consider opening up all 4 mix decks for controller less mixing?

In my opinion It would open a new world of software revenue and many of these could be converted to HW Sales!

All of us that have already bitten the bullet and purchased one or the other in some cases many others and add-on features. Can we now enjoy the software the features weather connected to a controller or not?

Please Consider....!!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 8:12 PM - 2 April, 2014
Its called Virtual DJ
DJ Yaitanis 8:47 PM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
Its called Virtual DJ

Boo!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 8:52 PM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Its called Virtual DJ

Boo!

Whats to stop someone.... hypothetically from downloading Serato DJ or Scratch Live...... Not need to spend money on external hardware.....

and just show up to someone's bar and call themselves a DJ....

How many so called "DJs" today started out from downloading a free pirated copy of Virtual DJ.... Play around on it for a day before calling themselves a DJ.....

Show up to a gig with nothing but a 3.5mm jack connecting their laptop mixing everything internally........
DJ Yaitanis 8:58 PM - 2 April, 2014
First thing that I should have made more clear was that you have to purchase Serato Scratch/DJ $129 and or any options.

From There who really cares. there are times I don't feel like breaking all of my equipment out to test out a new song with a couple of older songs. I may be traveling with work and not have any equipment with me.

You mentioned another product above, there are others, in-fact I don't want to use the others.

Additionally with all the new options that Serato now has, namely "Named Q Points" it will be difficult not to have some sort o 2-4 deck option which is controller less. These are my thoughts.
DJ Yaitanis 11:37 AM - 7 August, 2014
I wanted to circle back to this as I have downloaded DJ 1.7 Beta and still Only One Deck without controller support meaning if you do not have your Hardware (speakers) etc connected you only have one practice deck.

Serato get with the times! The resent release of Recordbox even has multiple song support.

Look at the new VDJ, PCDJ DEX 3, Cross MIXX, Mixx, One and Tracktor. SERATO IS MISSING THE BOAT!
Spin E.z 6:54 AM - 2 April, 2016
I take it there's still no joy with this yet??

I only have a copy of VDJ just for when I'm sitting on a train/plane and want to pass the time by mixing but unfortunately not being able to in Serato which is a pain as it's where all my crates and cue's etc are set.

I'd love for Serato to include this in a future upgrade...
DJ Yaitanis 9:09 AM - 2 April, 2016
Well this finally Drops!

m.facebook.com
DJ Yaitanis 9:10 AM - 2 April, 2016
Aprils Fool
DJ MFS 3:56 PM - 2 April, 2016
I've seen some super small portable two deck mixers around that are compatible with serato. You can find them for like $20. The jog wheels are about the size of a chips ahoy cookie haha but it would work for traveling.