Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

NS7 AND NS7II PROGRAM SHUTTING DOWN OR NOT WORKING

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
D.J. STAN THE MAN 7:36 PM - 2 April, 2014
HAVING TROUBLE WITH BOTH CONTROLLERS SHUTTING DOWN DURING OPERATRION OR PROGRAM SHUTTING DOWN AND NOT LOADING AT ALL. I AM A WORKING DJ AND OVER THE PAST YEAR I HAVE HAD THIS ISSUE.
d.j. james 8:44 PM - 2 April, 2014
I have the same problem as well. Sometimes the deck will lock up and continue to play through serato but i lose all control of the platter.
D.J. STAN THE MAN 8:58 PM - 2 April, 2014
WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS. I HAVE HAD THE NS7II SINCE DECEMBER AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE IT WHEN I AM DJING BECAUSE IT SHUTS DOWN ON ME ALL THE TIME AND MY REGULAR NS7 DOES TOO. I HAVE THE TOP OF THE LINE COMPUTER WITH ABOVE MINIMUM SPECS TO OPERATE THIS SYSTEM. NEED HELP AS TO WHAT TO DO HERE???
Serato, Support
David Wood 2:38 AM - 8 April, 2014
Hey D.J. STAN THE MAN,

Thanks for getting in touch. Could you clarify what you mean by 'it shuts down' ?
Is the program crashing or the controller losing functionality or connection with the computer?
Could I please have your computers full specs and a list of all USB devices that you have connected? If you are having trouble finding them check out this article: serato.com
Have you tried these controller with another computer with the same result?
Do you have the last firmware and drivers from Numark for your controllers?

Regards
Dave W
D.J. STAN THE MAN 7:41 AM - 8 April, 2014
There is a host of things that happen when I use this program. It crashes, it says out of memory, it freezes up, where I have no choice but to shut it down. And that's just my ns7. My ns7ii as soon as I start Serato dj as it loads crates it crashes immediately. And I have had my nd7ii since December and have not been able to use it at all since I purchased it. I can't even update my computers because as soon as I do I start having problems so I have Windows update turned off. I have 2 laptops with Windows 7 professional, 8gb of ram in each, I7 core processor in each. usb ports are high speed 2.0 both laptops have more than minimum to run Serato dj. I am a working dj and I never know when I'm going to get to a gig and Serato dj is not going to work for me. I called everyone from numark, and I've called Serato new Zealand and I have gotten no help from either.
D.J. STAN THE MAN 7:43 AM - 8 April, 2014
Quote:
There is a host of things that happen when I use this program. It crashes, it says out of memory, it freezes up, where I have no choice but to shut it down. And that's just my ns7. My ns7ii as soon as I start Serato dj as it loads crates it crashes immediately. And I have had my nd7ii since December and have not been able to use it at all since I purchased it. I can't even update my computers because as soon as I do I start having problems so I have Windows update turned off. I have 2 laptops with Windows 7 professional, 64 bit, 8gb of ram in each, I7 core processor in each. usb ports are high speed 2.0 both laptops have more than minimum to run Serato dj. I am a working dj and I never know when I'm going to get to a gig and Serato dj is not going to work for me. I called everyone from numark, and I've called Serato new Zealand and I have gotten no help from either.
D.J. STAN THE MAN 7:48 AM - 8 April, 2014
Quote:
There is a host of things that happen when I use this program. It crashes, it says out of memory, it freezes up, where I have no choice but to shut it down. And that's just my ns7. My ns7ii as soon as I start Serato dj as it loads crates it crashes immediately. And I have had my nd7ii since December and have not been able to use it at all since I purchased it. I can't even update my computers because as soon as I do I start having problems so I have Windows update turned off. I have 2 laptops with Windows 7 professional, 8gb of ram in each, Intel core I7 core processor @2.20Ghz in each. usb ports are high speed 2.0 both laptops have more than minimum to run Serato dj. I am a working dj and I never know when I'm going to get to a gig and Serato dj is not going to work for me. I called everyone from numark, and I've called Serato new Zealand and I have gotten no help from either.
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:37 PM - 8 April, 2014
Doesn't sounds like it's the computer or the controller, sounds like you have an over size database. You may have to have a look at downsizing as you may have hit a memory limitation:serato.com

Let me know how it goes.

Regards
Dave W