Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Not receiving video frames for recording

Product
Serato Video
Version
Serato DJ incl. Serato Video
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Host
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
hornsmaniac 12:11 AM - 27 March, 2014
I am trying to record a video mix and it stops recording after about 15-20 seconds and I get the error on the bottom that says its not receiving video frames for recording. Also another error saying the write speed and location are too slow. I did adjusting in the settings and tried saving to my computer hard drive and to my external hd through firewire (where my files are) but it made no difference. Please help.
hornsmaniac 12:14 AM - 27 March, 2014
heres my specs, Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory: 4gb 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB
Serato, Support
Sam GG 11:03 PM - 29 March, 2014
Hey Hornsmaniac,

Do you know the specs of the drives you are using? Do you have enough space on your drives?

Have a read of this article here: serato.com - it may help you understand why you are getting that message.

Sam
hornsmaniac 1:17 AM - 7 April, 2014
i am using a WD 2 tb external hd with 1.38 tb of space available. That should be plenty.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 11:34 PM - 9 April, 2014
Are your videos stored on the same drive you are recording to? Have you tried recording to your internal drive?

If you are getting no frames its likely that your intel card is still processing the video for Serato DJ. Try going through these steps: serato.com

Sam
hornsmaniac 3:59 AM - 10 April, 2014
My videos are stored on my external hd. I have tried recording to both the internal on my mac and the external and get the same error. Don't know if this matters but my external is connected through Firewire. Yes I have the auto switching off.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 12:52 AM - 16 April, 2014
Can you please go through the steps once more to double check none of them have been reset by some kind of update?

Could you also try using the Disk Utility option to verify permissions and repair them if neccesary?

Also, it may sound really basic, but can you try restarting your machine?

Sam
hornsmaniac 2:18 PM - 21 April, 2014
Thanks for trying to help me but i havent had a chance to try recording again. The issue I am currently having is an audio issue with my master outputs. It seems that it started once I installed 1.6.1. One side of my xlr outputs seems lower than the other and one side of my rca outputs seem to do the same or go off and on. Has this issue been brought up by anyone else? I thought it might be the cables so I purchsed new ones but it made no difference.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 10:22 PM - 27 April, 2014
Hey,

Sorry about the late reply, I have been away from the office over the easter break.

Try rolling back to a previous version of the software ie, 1.5.2 or 1.3: serato.com

See if you still get the issue with different levels from the left and right outputs.

Sam