DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

FunkyMix 44?

Kidd Kumar 8:07 PM - 24 March, 2014
Does anyone know where I can buy/download a digital version of this album? The ones i'm finding online are 192Kbps, i would prefer 320kbps! I found someone selling a CD on ebay, but i need it some of these tracks ASAP and can't afford to wait 2 - 3 weeks to recieve it, then rip em to my hardrive!

If anyone can help find a website where I can purchase it and download it (or even free download), that would be awesome! Anything above 192Kbps is great i guess. Here is the tracklist:

01 Lil' Bow Wow Bounce With Me
02 Common The Light
03 Ideal feat. Lil' Mo Whatever
04 Kandi Don't Think I'm Not
05 Mystikal Shake That Ass Bitch
06 Trina Pull Over
07 Jagged Edge Let's Get Married Part 1
08 Jagged Edge Let's Get Married Part 2
09 Ruff Endz No More
10 50 Cent Thug Love

Each one of em are a "Funkymix" .... Thanks again guys!
latindj 8:11 PM - 24 March, 2014
You can try downloading the Qbert remixes instead but P. Diddy says they're not funky. :(

nm
djpuma_gemini 8:24 PM - 24 March, 2014
www.ultimix.com

Those are cool, but the Safdsre remixes are way better. Have more of that big room sound.
djpuma_gemini 8:25 PM - 24 March, 2014
All his remixes are here.
serato.com
Kidd Kumar 8:33 PM - 24 March, 2014
DJpuma thank you so much for the great find! love serato forums for this reason! also you mentioned "safsdre" mixes, and i'm reading the comments on that forum page and they do sound pretty hott, did anyone post links in that forum? or does he have a page on a different website to download/purchase from?
latindj 8:41 PM - 24 March, 2014
Here's the link to the safsdre remixes: [link removed]
djpuma_gemini 8:43 PM - 24 March, 2014
The link was on that page, but maybe the moderators removed it.
Kidd Kumar 8:45 PM - 24 March, 2014
Quote:
Here's the link to the safsdre remixes: [link removed]

Haha Latin DJ I don't know if you did that on purpose as a joke, or you were being serious but it says link removed. I've tried searching for an active link but no one on that forum seems to have posted one that's still available, plus i did a google search.

I really hope i'm not too late for those ... hell even though he posted it for free i'm willing to buy it if they are as good as what the comments say!

Quote:
The link was on that page, but maybe the moderators removed it.

Oh what a shame :( but thanks brotha you been more than helpful, hopefully i come across some of safsdre mixes at some point, i'm more than curious now!
latindj 8:49 PM - 24 March, 2014
Sorry Kid, the moderators here are very quick on the file sharing button... I just saw him in Vegas a couple of weeks ago and he gave me this link to some of his latest work. It's not what you're looking for but its freaking hot, hot, hot!!

Here you go, hurry up and grab it: [link removed]
Kidd Kumar 8:51 PM - 24 March, 2014
Quote:
Sorry Kid, the moderators here are very quick on the file sharing button... I just saw him in Vegas a couple of weeks ago and he gave me this link to some of his latest work. It's not what you're looking for but its freaking hot, hot, hot!!

Here you go, hurry up and grab it: [link removed]

Hey Latin DJ - It says link removed again and i checked 1 second after you replied! Hmm, is there anyway you can send me an email bro?
latindj 8:53 PM - 24 March, 2014
wow that's crazy! like a said, the mods here must have some sort of algorithm to catch these links? I really don't wanna get in trouble for file sharing here...
Jesus Christ 9:03 PM - 24 March, 2014
Quote:
wow that's crazy! like a said, the mods here must have some sort of algorithm to catch these links? I really don't wanna get in trouble for file sharing here...

All the Safdsre mixes are removed automatically. It's not even a matter of file sharing. I heard a rumor that Serato forums were sued by Safdsre because someone had posted a link to his private vault... and he won. I doubt you'll be able to post a direct link to any of his mixes. I tried posting a link via TinyURL.com once and I almost got banned.

I do agree. The three remixes that I bought from him 3 years ago are STILL in my daily rotation. I wish I could afford more of his remixes, but at $100 each for digital files, it's more than I can afford.
Kidd Kumar 9:10 PM - 24 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

All the Safdsre mixes are removed automatically. It's not even a matter of file sharing. I heard a rumor that Serato forums were sued by Safdsre because someone had posted a link to his private vault... and he won. I doubt you'll be able to post a direct link to any of his mixes. I tried posting a link via TinyURL.com once and I almost got banned.

I do agree. The three remixes that I bought from him 3 years ago are STILL in my daily rotation. I wish I could afford more of his remixes, but at $100 each for digital files, it's more than I can afford.

Wow.. a $100 for EACH FILE? My god ... I'm a fan of awesome mash ups & blends in crooklyn clan/crack4DJs, but it makes me hella curious to see what those sound like. I wasn't active on the forums in 2010 even though i been using serato since 06. Safsdre doesn't want to have his fault up for sale atleast?

I understand its private, but if the vault is searchable in google, I don't mind paying $100 for a track IF ITS THAT GOOD - Yes, i'll probably have to DJ my ass off for a month straight to compensate for one track. It is rediculous, but as a DJ, this is practically our guilty pleasures.
djdalite 9:15 PM - 24 March, 2014
Its worth every penny though, I got 3 bookings after I dropped Safdsre twerk remix of Never gonna give you up
Jesus Christ 9:24 PM - 24 March, 2014
Quote:
Its worth every penny though, I got 3 bookings after I dropped Safdsre twerk remix of Never gonna give you up

You're not even supposed to talk about that remix yet.
Jesus Christ 9:26 PM - 24 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow.. a $100 for EACH FILE? My god ... I'm a fan of awesome mash ups & blends in crooklyn clan/crack4DJs, but it makes me hella curious to see what those sound like. I wasn't active on the forums in 2010 even though i been using serato since 06. Safsdre doesn't want to have his fault up for sale atleast?

I understand its private, but if the vault is searchable in google, I don't mind paying $100 for a track IF ITS THAT GOOD - Yes, i'll probably have to DJ my ass off for a month straight to compensate for one track. It is rediculous, but as a DJ, this is practically our guilty pleasures.

The thing is, he doesn't WANT to sell or distribute his remixes. He had so much demand that he finally said "fuck it! You want my remixes/mashups so bad, they're $100 each and the file format is so well protected that each file has a unique serial number." Pretty sure even he was shocked that he sold 230,000 tracks the first month.
 6 10:07 PM - 24 March, 2014
Safdsre's remixes are on point. That's all I have to say about that (for fear of being banned, bumped off the mailing list, etc.)

nm
Jesus Christ 11:05 PM - 24 March, 2014
Quote:
Safdsre's remixes are on point. That's all I have to say about that (for fear of being banned, bumped off the mailing list, etc.)

nm

^ This! I've probably already said too much.
Mike_P 11:58 PM - 24 March, 2014
You fools are skating on thin ice. That's all I'm saying in this thread.
Kidd Kumar 1:00 AM - 25 March, 2014
This is crazy, you guys are acting like his name is taboo to get banned from these forums, fair enough though if that's the case. You guys make his mixes sound more and more tempting with each comment
djaction 6:43 PM - 25 March, 2014
hit up safdsre on twitter
DJ Benny B NYC 6:49 PM - 25 March, 2014
why would it be important to anyone to get that album
Kidd Kumar 6:49 PM - 25 March, 2014
His twitter is not easy to find lol, unless he's using a different name on their
Kidd Kumar 6:53 PM - 25 March, 2014
Quote:
why would it be important to anyone to get that album

Well if your a Hiphop/R&B DJ, it's great to have it in your collection. That album was put together in 2004, so it was really hard to find it online without purchasing the CD. If you listen to the tracks on their, those are some really good edit's for those songs to enhance your old school sets.

I prefer funky mixes and mashups over Partybreaks anyday. You should buy it as well, and i'm sure you'll be adding atleast 3 of those on this particular album to your sets.
DJ Benny B NYC 7:17 PM - 25 March, 2014
i do admit "Ruff Endz No More" is a great song, but i think youd be better off just playing the original tracks of all of these
CMOS 8:14 PM - 25 March, 2014
I got banned by safdsre 2 years ago by sharing the files with my buddy. Those watermarks and serials are no joke.
Henry GQ 8:36 PM - 25 March, 2014
I have every safdsre remix leading up to 2013! but he fell off the face of the earth... no twitter no fb account...
Kidd Kumar 9:30 PM - 25 March, 2014
Quote:
i do admit "Ruff Endz No More" is a great song, but i think youd be better off just playing the original tracks of all of these

Yeah i hear you, I'm normally a VJ so i play the original music videos of these songs on Friday's and Saturdays at the Clubs. But I've also been doing R&B sundays at pubs on rotation through out the downtown area, where we really don't need to play music videos. Scratching and Beat juggling does get a little old for the crowd at some point, which is why it's great to have some kinda mash up or edit.

I personally despise some of the people I end up DJing with who's library is 90% filled with crooklyn clan. It's okay to drop a track hear and there, but the last thing we really need is fat man scoop yelling on the top of his lungs over a track. That's the difference between a funky mix, and a regular break/mash up.

Check out "Next - Too Close" funkymix, and compare it to the original. It's very similar but has a little hype which works well with the crowd! And if you want a little more complexity, check out the "Ideal - Whatever" in this funkymix 44 CD, they did a great job editing it!

Quote:
I got banned by safdsre 2 years ago by sharing the files with my buddy. Those watermarks and serials are no joke.

Quote:
I have every safdsre remix leading up to 2013! but he fell off the face of the earth... no twitter no fb account...

That's crazy, now i have a question for you guys. How did you guys make it to his distribution list? I read over that forum, and in 2010 all you guys had to do was MSG him to get on it. So any Joe-Blow off the street could have been added?

I see afterwards that he started doing some background checks to make sure people were actually some of the Best/unusual DJs around town before he would add them to his list, as well as password protect his files. Is he even considering to add new people to his list? What does someone TODAY have to do even get to listen to a snippet or a 1 minute sample of his remixes? I don't care if he doesn't add me, i just want a taste of what you guys are talking about.

I DJ 4 nights a week, 2 in a club, 1 in a Pub, as well as wednesday Night Hit mix on the radio. If you were to ask the the average 2012 - 2014 club goer who their favourite mash up DJ is, they would say "Deadmau5"... I want them to get a good taste of what a REAL MASH UP DJ can do.... but he is no where to be found on the internet!
Jesus Christ 9:42 PM - 25 March, 2014
Sorry man, I was already warned yesterday. Can't talk about it more. Except to say that his remixes come with the caveat that I'm not allowed to record them on a mix of any kind. I can only play them live at pre-approved clubs. I wish I could be of more help. Sorry.
 6 10:07 PM - 25 March, 2014
I don't know who mentioned my name but now I got a warning from the man himself.

Grrrrr!!!!!

nm
Jesus Christ 10:21 PM - 25 March, 2014
Quote:
I don't know who mentioned my name but now I got a warning from the man himself.

Grrrrr!!!!!

nm

Did you have to sign your warning and send it back to? I have to find a scanner. Do you think I can just take a picture of the signed doc and email that back? Fack!!!!
Jesus Christ 10:21 PM - 25 March, 2014
*too*
 6 10:56 PM - 25 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Grrrrr!!!!!

nm

Did you have to sign your warning and send it back to? I have to find a scanner. Do you think I can just take a picture of the signed doc and email that back? Fack!!!!

Nah. It was a digital signature fortunately. But, obviously, I was asked to verify my pin number I was assigned.

nm
Jesus Christ 11:36 PM - 25 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Grrrrr!!!!!

nm

Nah. It was a digital signature fortunately. But, obviously, I was asked to verify my pin number I was assigned.

nm

So was I, but I didn't have a digital signature option. That's weird.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:43 PM - 25 March, 2014
Quote:

I tried to buy that damn remix but he has that stupid limited edition 150 download limit and I was too late. He has a company watermark with the digital signature on all his shit so you can't share it, if he (or that company) finds a duplicate with your watermark you get banned from buying ANY of his future remixes.

I guess that is why they cost so much - the technology that makes it SUPER exclusive....
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:51 PM - 25 March, 2014
Quote:

I disagree - I am with dude that started the thread. I was a House music DJ so I never learned to scratch so I LOVE to play the Funkymix versions so I can get my "Air Scratch" on.

Most crowds don't know or care so I have got the rhythm down so it looks like I am actually doing the scratches while the song os playing.

Quote:
Check out "Next - Too Close" funkymix, and compare it to the original. It's very similar but has a little hype which works well with the crowd! And if you want a little more complexity, check out the "Ideal - Whatever" in this funkymix 44 CD, they did a great job editing it!

^^^^THIS!!!

The "little added hype" and beefed up redrums puts the track over the top - nothing is EVER wrong with a little Fatman Scoop added hype....

MAKE SOME NOOOOIIIISSSEEEE!!! <goosebumps>
Deadmou5 1:08 AM - 26 March, 2014
Safdsre is my personal friend and I KNOW for a fact he hates these kinds of threads. You all better be careful...
Kidd Kumar 2:49 AM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Safdsre is my personal friend and I KNOW for a fact he hates these kinds of threads. You all better be careful...

Tell your friend I said what's up! I'd love to purchase his tracks and be added to the list :)
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:05 AM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
That's crazy, now i have a question for you guys. How did you guys make it to his distribution list? I read over that forum, and in 2010 all you guys had to do was MSG him to get on it. So any Joe-Blow off the street could have been added?

That was back in the good old days - but now....

The first rule of the "list" is NOT TO TALK BOUT THE LIST! - I have probably said too much already - I am NOT going to miss out on another club banger like the Twerk remix of Never gonna give you up.

: (
Niro 5:12 AM - 26 March, 2014
Hmmm, I'm interested in this Safsdre producer. I'm always down for exclusives.
Kidd Kumar 5:16 AM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

That was back in the good old days - but now....

The first rule of the "list" is NOT TO TALK BOUT THE LIST! - I have probably said too much already - I am NOT going to miss out on another club banger like the Twerk remix of Never gonna give you up.

: (

Haha twerking to rick astley? I hope you guys cut the track half way and take the mic and say "Y'all just got rick roll'd... peace..*closes laptop and walks off*

But for real, i hope i come across this guy at some point. His hiding skills from the internet are alot better than osama binladen's did that's for sure!

Quote:

Dude I hear you, i just came for some funky mixes, now I won't be able to sleep at night knowing theirs a guy like this out this.
dj_craigmac 5:28 AM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:

F*ck Safsdre. Once i was finally able to track him down and make contact, he wouldn't sell me any tracks because his people told him that i was just a housemusic dj that couldn't cut and scratch his exclusive remixes properly. smh nm
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:31 AM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Haha twerking to rick astley?

You ever hear some of those DJ Scooter Twerk remixes from Crooklyn Clan??

Rumor has it that Safsdre gave Scooter all his personal drum patterns and taught him how to do Twerk remixes. Scooter is good but hasn't quite nailed how to do it properly like Safsdre. I think Safsdre puts some crush it effects and phase whoosh on his drum patterns that are simply amazing. He puts more swing on the drums - less mechanical than Scooter.

Scooter is good like this one Watchwww.youtube.com but Safsdre's twerk remixes are simply amazing....
Kidd Kumar 5:34 AM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Haha twerking to rick astley?

You ever hear some of those DJ Scooter Twerk remixes from Crooklyn Clan??

Rumor has it that Safsdre gave Scooter all his personal drum patterns and taught him how to do Twerk remixes. Scooter is good but hasn't quite nailed how to do it properly like Safsdre. I think Safsdre puts some crush it effects and phase whoosh on his drum patterns that are simply amazing. He puts more swing on the drums - less mechanical than Scooter.

Scooter is good like this one Watchwww.youtube.com but Safsdre's twerk remixes are simply amazing....

See to me that's not really that impressive, you go to a club now a days, that's pretty much all you hear. I prefer mash ups/blends like this: remixhub.com

good old classic acapella over instrumental, perfectly beat matched and synchronized. If safdsre has stuff like this, i'd love to see it!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:43 AM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
good old classic acapella over instrumental, perfectly beat matched and synchronized. If safdsre has stuff like this, i'd love to see it!

Here's the thing, Safsdre starts the trends, he was doing those accapella mash ups back in 2010 when he was all the rage. He started twerk mixes about 2 or 3 years ago before anybody even thought Miley Cirus was ratchet.

Rumor has it that DJ Mustard who makes ALL the rap stuff today was a nobody until he did a exclusive remix with Safsdre and since Safsdre doesn't do official remixes for record labels they hire DJ Mustard to produce or remix the songs - next best thing...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:00 AM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
See to me that's not really that impressive, you go to a club now a days, that's pretty much all you hear. I prefer mash ups/blends like this: remixhub.com

DJ Puma who posts on this forum did some video edits back in the day for remixer Dennis Blaze who was also taught by Safsdre - they were doing medley mixes called Power Blocks before the whole mash up thing exploded - in fact these kinda gave birth to the mash up...

Here's a old Powerblock Watchwww.youtube.com - is that the stuff you are looking for? Safsdre has tons on stuff like that as remixes.
Jesus Christ 6:00 AM - 26 March, 2014
Art... shhhh!!!!!
Kidd Kumar 6:04 AM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

DJ Puma who posts on this forum did some video edits back in the day for remixer Dennis Blaze who was also taught by Safsdre - they were doing medley mixes called Power Blocks before the whole mash up thing exploded - in fact these kinda gave birth to the mash up...

Here's a old Powerblock Watchwww.youtube.com - is that the stuff you are looking for? Safsdre has tons on stuff like that as remixes.

Now we're talking! really though listening to shit like that pops my DJ cherry.
latindj 5:54 PM - 26 March, 2014
Easy there Kid Cummer! I'm sure Safsdre has read up on this thread and knows about your interest. I'd suggest posting some of your work to see if you have the "heart" he is looking for in young talent. That may convince him to let you in the pack...just my advice.

nm
CMOS 6:21 PM - 26 March, 2014
Cmon fellas, you know how friggin paranoid he gets, this thread is going to get us all banned.
djaction 6:27 PM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Easy there Kid Cummer! I'm sure Safsdre has read up on this thread and knows about your interest. I'd suggest posting some of your work to see if you have the "heart" he is looking for in young talent. That may convince him to let you in the pack...just my advice.

nm

+1
DJ Dynamite - NJ 7:00 PM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

nm

+1

co-sign
Jesus Christ 7:07 PM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

+1

co-sign

^ this!
Jesus Christ 7:07 PM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Cmon fellas, you know how friggin paranoid he gets, this thread is going to get us all banned.

^^^ AND this!
BIGG BEAR 8:05 PM - 26 March, 2014
Anyone heard of these Keyser Soze remixes,I can't find out a thing!
Kidd Kumar 8:11 PM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

+1

co-sign

^ this!

Actually It's Kidd "KUMAR", and fair enough. I'll upload the 90 minute throw back hit mix i'm doing tonight on the radio ... I'll post it to this thread and hope for the best that Safdsre stumbles upon it?

Quote:

Well actually this thread was about me asking for help to search for a funkymix collection CD, and some other "ideas" and "suggestions" were being offered. I understand we can't mention a certain "name" on this website without being banned, but this was completely innocent! Just don't name drop anymore and i'm sure you guys will be fine!
Jesus Christ 9:02 PM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Well actually this thread was about me asking for help to search for a funkymix collection CD, and some other "ideas" and "suggestions" were being offered. I understand we can't mention a certain "name" on this website without being banned, but this was completely innocent! Just don't name drop anymore and i'm sure you guys will be fine!

That was more at the people talking out of turn than you.
Thundercat 10:22 PM - 26 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

+1

co-sign

^ this!

I was trying to stay out of this one because well, you know...

But if it's really fly I will make sure to direct him here if he hasn't been watching already. Tho I have a sneaky suspicion that he who shall not be named is well aware of this thread. I'm not saying he'd do anything about it, but who knows he may be feeling generous on any given day.

I know I wouldn't be where I am without his catalog.
Averix 1:48 AM - 27 March, 2014
Spread the love of music!

May I get the link or email to Safsdre? appreciate it...
Laz219 1:56 AM - 27 March, 2014
I'm really amazed some of you haven't been kicked from the list for talking so openly.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:56 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:

Y'all ain't said nuffin' yet...

That Chic FunkyMix of...

Well, let me stop now....

Y'all know he's a Mod on here....rite?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:57 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
I'm really amazed some of you haven't been kicked from the list BANNED for talking so openly.

Let 'em keep toeing the line....
Averix 2:12 AM - 27 March, 2014
Okay...Fill me in. What is the big secret about this? There are a lot of great remixers out there! I understand that every dj has a secret weapon (music catalog) but now in days, remixers/producers are always advancing in production techniques. What sets him apart from all the other remixers besides keeping him on a hush hush level? Are they premade mega mixes that you cannot perform live? Does his production make you a better DJ?
Kidd Kumar 2:45 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

+1

co-sign

^ this!

I was trying to stay out of this one because well, you know...

But if it's really fly I will make sure to direct him here if he hasn't been watching already. Tho I have a sneaky suspicion that he who shall not be named is well aware of this thread. I'm not saying he'd do anything about it, but who knows he may be feeling generous on any given day.

Yeah I'll post it up tonight, it would be greatly appreciated if you direct him for a listen once it's up :)

Quote:
Quote:

Y'all ain't said nuffin' yet...

That Chic FunkyMix of...

Well, let me stop now....

Y'all know he's a Mod on here....rite?

Who's a mod? And you said "funkymix" ... Isn't that means it's made by the ultimix Djs, not "he who cannot be named", so why not finish your sentence - what about the chic (funkymix)? Did "he who cannot be named" make his own version? I'm assuming the song is celebrate?
Jesus Christ 3:19 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
Who's a mod? And you said "funkymix" ... Isn't that means it's made by the ultimix Djs, not "he who cannot be named", so why not finish your sentence - what about the chic (funkymix)? Did "he who cannot be named" make his own version? I'm assuming the song is celebrate?

Just keep in mind that not everyone in here knows what they're talking about.
Kidd Kumar 3:24 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Haha yeah it seems like it, people are getting the two topics mixed up.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:28 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, FINE, you caught me, I was trying to throw you off the trail, so this thread wouldn't get locked....

Cats be givin' up the "Goods" too easily here.....
Jesus Christ 3:33 AM - 27 March, 2014
Just to get back on topic, I looked through my old FunkyMix records and I don't have that compilation or else I'd just give you the 2LP set. Sorry. Wish I could help.
sumoJr 3:49 AM - 27 March, 2014
Not a working DJ but this sounds like some
Harry Potter he who can't be named shit

Curious as to what all the hush hush is about
Kidd Kumar 3:52 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
Just to get back on topic, I looked through my old FunkyMix records and I don't have that compilation or else I'd just give you the 2LP set. Sorry. Wish I could help.

Were you referring to the funky mix 44? If so then yeah I have it lol. The first link that was posted to the thread was for the ultimix website which had it for sale; so I bought the whole thing for $10! Thanks though Man appreciate it
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, FINE, you caught me, I was trying to throw you off the trail, so this thread wouldn't get locked....

Cats be givin' up the "Goods" too easily here.....

All a Dj wanted by opening this thread was some cookies, but other Djs suggested some "cake" ... Now I want the cake but the stores are closed. I'm just left here hungry.. Waiting. Hopefully that's a clear analogy haha, I'm thinking about buying an actual cake now however.
Jesus Christ 4:33 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
All a Dj wanted by opening this thread was some cookies, but other Djs suggested some "cake" ... Now I want the cake but the stores are closed. I'm just left here hungry.. Waiting. Hopefully that's a clear analogy haha, I'm thinking about buying an actual cake now however.

youtu.be
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:41 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:

You guys are TOO nice (and getting soft) -lol.

Glad dude went out and BOUGHT the Funkymix he needed - shows a respect for the Art of DJing - not just another "gimme, gimme I'm entitled - participation trophy" DJ.

Maybe he is worthy of getting help to be added to the list. Remember the 1st DJ we all got together and helped get on the list - what was his name...

DJ Tony Little - that was it, dude reminds me of him. I hear the remixes helped him land a nice club spot - dude met some super model that he banged in the booth, fell in love and retired from the DJ game.

After he posts up the mix, we should try and get him on. Shit we got DJ Ashy Larry added last year. All the usual suspects came together and pleaded his case and got him IN.
Kidd Kumar 5:53 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

You guys are TOO nice (and getting soft) -lol.

Glad dude went out and BOUGHT the Funkymix he needed - shows a respect for the Art of DJing - not just another "gimme, gimme I'm entitled - participation trophy" DJ.

Maybe he is worthy of getting help to be added to the list. Remember the 1st DJ we all got together and helped get on the list - what was his name...

DJ Tony Little - that was it, dude reminds me of him. I hear the remixes helped him land a nice club spot - dude met some super model that he banged in the booth, fell in love and retired from the DJ game.

After he posts up the mix, we should try and get him on. Shit we got DJ Ashy Larry added last year. All the usual suspects came together and pleaded his case and got him IN.

Damn dude, i really do appreciate it! I recorded my mix i did tonight on the radio i'll have it uploaded tmrw! It feels like Red bull 3 style all over again, but this time i got have a legendary judge haha
Kidd Kumar 9:01 PM - 27 March, 2014
Here We go guys ... last night's radio mix for way back wednesdays! I stopped recording after 35 mins because we had to go to commercial and i'm sure "you know who" doesn't wanna hear about furniture sales, and the backstreet boys coming for a concert.

www.mixcloud.com

Hopefully He sees this :)
jprime 9:08 PM - 27 March, 2014
Trina - Pull Over boot: soundcloud.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:08 PM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:

You better hope he doesn't....
Kidd Kumar 10:22 PM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Was it bad?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:27 PM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Was it bad?

I'm trying to figure out how you screw up the intro....

Makes you not want to listen to the rest, which was surprisingly better....

But I'd clean that intro up buddy.....

You only have one chance to give a first impression.....
Kidd Kumar 10:33 PM - 27 March, 2014
You mean the Kurtis blow break? Well I can't go back and edit it now it was a one shot take, but thanks?
Kidd Kumar 10:34 PM - 27 March, 2014
Oops didn't mean to put a question mark at the end of that!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:22 PM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
You mean the Kurtis blow break?

Yes, but at least you'll know why you don't get a response, if you don't....
latindj 12:04 AM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
You mean the Kurtis blow break?

Yes, but at least you'll know why you don't get a response, if you don't....

Johnny speaks the truth...oh, and too many echo fades...Safsdre hates the echo....fyi.

nm
Kidd Kumar 12:57 AM - 28 March, 2014
Then looks like I need safsdre's vault to be a better Dj!
DJ SPAIR 9:27 AM - 28 March, 2014
This safsdre guy reminds me of Santa Claus. He doesn't exist.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:28 AM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:

Looks like you won't be getting any mixes under YOUR tree for XMAS....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:30 AM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:
Then looks like I need safsdre's vault to be a better Dj!

Welp, you're pretty much doomed...

Most would interpret that as "biting", vs...practicing and being worthy...
Gio Alex 2:25 PM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Popcorn in hand throughout this entire ride.
DJ Michael Basic 5:11 PM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:

www.mixcloud.com

Yikes.
 6 6:13 PM - 28 March, 2014
Ouch!

nm
DJ SPAIR 9:17 PM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Alright boys. This fish has dangled on the string long enough. Time to throw him back in the ocean. Kid Kumar you've been had.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:16 AM - 29 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
www.mixcloud.com

Yikes.

I told you...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:17 AM - 29 March, 2014
Quote:
Kid Kumar you've been had.

No, WE'VE been had....

Did you hear that intro?

I want my click back...

NM.
 6 7:49 PM - 29 March, 2014
Ooh. Glad I didn't waste one of my clicks on that.

nm