Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Roll Out Effect (like SSL) ?!?

LogikCollective 2:39 AM - 24 March, 2014
O.K. so I'm completely new to Serato DJ.
but have been a power SL user for quite some time.

I get that there's plenty of cool packs one can buy that offer great effects for SDJ.

But I'm looking for the simple Roll Out Effect that used to exist within SSL.
One would expect to find this in a base version of DJ or at least one of the free packs, but I'm not finding it.
I'm guessing 'Brake Echo' or 'Combo Fade Echo' are the closest thing to it.
But I spent days modifying my own version of the Roll Out which made it perfect for ANY BPM / type of music (I can't seem to do so with these new FX).
Am i missing something?

B~
LogikCollective 5:52 PM - 28 March, 2014
Any ideas, anyone?

Bueller? .....

Bueller? .....

Bueller? .....
Chinshue 1:59 AM - 29 March, 2014
please include the roll out effect
LogikCollective 4:33 PM - 19 May, 2014
I was beginning to think I was only one who cared,LOL thanks Chinshue!
Jeff Scott 6:33 PM - 19 May, 2014
Combo fade echo is what i'm currently using but the echo out on SSL was a lot better.

If the parameters could be tweaked it would be better
Chinshue 6:54 PM - 19 May, 2014
i would like the roll out effect be on knob.
LogikCollective 8:09 PM - 9 December, 2014
Wow I can't believe we're the only people missing this effect.
Anyone else with some ideas of how to duplicate the SSL Roll Out Effect, or what effect do I have to 'buy' to duplicate it.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 8:23 PM - 9 December, 2014
Hi guys,

Echo out is now part of the Wolf Pack for Serato DJ 1.7.2.

Check it out here: Click>serato.com

Cheers!
DJ. L.A. Styles 12:21 AM - 21 December, 2014
There was a rollout Fast or rollout slow in SSL not the echo out everyone seem to be replying to, is there one in any of the pack that I can purchase to get this FX? I could distinguish if the use of Ssl or sdj on the radio if this is used.
DJ Sidies 9:54 PM - 23 December, 2014
Quote:
Hi guys,

Echo out is now part of the Wolf Pack for Serato DJ 1.7.2.

Check it out here: Click>serato.com

Cheers!

Mathew C what about the roll out? People have been asking for this since serato dj first started
DJ. L.A. Styles 1:16 PM - 24 December, 2014
This seem to be getting ignored,may be its not in any of the other pack's, I didn't purchase all of them,most of the fx I never use but did use the roll out in ssl and would like if it get added, that's a cool fx
LogikCollective 2:56 AM - 17 January, 2015
FYI: I would be willing to buy - just this one effect! if it existed identical to the SSL version.
Dj L-Biz 2:41 PM - 19 January, 2015
Guys, i believe what your looking for has now been added in SeratoDJ 1.7.3 (and 1.7.2 as Mathew C was saying).

If you have updated to this version, the 'echo roll out' effect as per Serato SL has now been included. I believe it works almost identically as it did in Serato (although i haven't tested it extensively)
Its in the Wolf Pack effects which are free...

You will just need to add it to your favorites in your efx list. Or if you don't keep a favorite list, it should just be in the efx drop down menu.

Hope this helps
DJ Sidies 6:25 PM - 19 January, 2015
I can not see it. Whats it called?
Dj L-Biz 12:07 AM - 20 January, 2015
its in the list as 'echo out' just been checking it out. It's not quite the same but I guess that's as its made by Isotope now instead of Serato. It's not quite as tweakable but its definitely better than the other echo or brake effects. If you use it with the beat set with 1/4 or 1/2 seems pretty good.
(But not identical, there's no fast or slow setting as default)
DJ. L.A. Styles 1:59 PM - 20 January, 2015
Dj Biz the echo out was added to the wolf pack in one of the most recent updates, so you are right about that, but the FX in question is different from the echo out it's an FX in ssl which I believe is called roll out fast and there the same one with option to roll out slow, this is what I believe everyone is after, FYI Mathew c is referring to the echo out !! again this is not the same as the roll out fast/roll out slow. serato can this be added in a future update?
Dj L-Biz 2:13 PM - 20 January, 2015
Hi,

I was checking the efx against each other last night (as i also came from SSL and it was actually one of the only efx i ever used to use). I understand the difference in the name... but in truth i dont find them to be massively different for how i use them.

But forgive me as that may just be my ignorance.

imho considering the demand on the forums for the 'roll out efx' to be added to SeratoDJ - then i understand this to be Serato's response by adding echo out... its not the same but its probably as close as we will get as Isotope now create the efx.

I would be happy to hear this clarified perhaps?

all the best
Djaward 12:18 AM - 21 January, 2015
Ok, I feel like a rookie.

Where is the ROLL OUT EFFECT in SSL?
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:31 AM - 21 January, 2015
Hi Guys,

Currently the Roll out effect is a combo effect that we can't easily implement, but we all know and love it too.
Its probably going to come back as soon as we figure out a way to get it in there.

In the meantime, You can create a really similar effect by using loop roll and Slip mode and pressing the turntable stop.
but yeah its not the same usability, just a suggestion :)

Matt P
DJ Sidies 12:40 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Currently the Roll out effect is a combo effect that we can't easily implement, but we all know and love it too.
Its probably going to come back as soon as we figure out a way to get it in there.

In the meantime, You can create a really similar effect by using loop roll and Slip mode and pressing the turntable stop.
but yeah its not the same usability, just a suggestion :)

Matt P

Please please please add this. I miss it so much
Kristian Valdini 7:21 PM - 21 January, 2015
Use the Tape Echo set to 1/2 beat (?) from one of the FX packs... I live by this and usually work a high or low pass with the filter at the same time. Give a really long tail and great for echo-ing out beats of one track as the drop on another lands *geek out*

K
PorkyG 1:20 AM - 22 January, 2015
I do the same with the Tape Echo (love that echo on it) as well as the Echo Out but I have them on a combo with a Pan Delay and Epic Reverb. Give that a shot if you haven't, it's not the roll out effect but it's a real sweet combo.
LogikCollective 4:41 AM - 17 July, 2015
Still waiting for the Loop Roll to appear, LOL
and I've used the Echo Out and the Tape Echo with and without other effects, but it's just not the same ;( I used my SSL @ at a 4th of July Gig on Lake Tahoe w/ DJ Serafin and a ton of other DJ's and it made me miss Roll Out and the ability to custom map Loop Rool to ANY Midi Controller.... I've been using both SSL and SDJ and I'm still leaning towards SSL (unless i 'have' to use a controller)
spOOky 12:01 AM - 4 August, 2015
8 month agooooooo (last post of serato) and nothing happen...... :(