Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Lisence the Keyfinder engine

Batzz music 6:20 PM - 22 March, 2014
www.ibrahimshaath.co.uk
This guy is working on building his software, and Serato really needs a key detection plugin.
Matchmaker?
andretti 10:00 PM - 22 March, 2014
I say YES!

With some funding and/or support Ibrahim can get Kefinder to/beyond the level of Mixed In Key
pueblofunky 7:25 PM - 23 March, 2014
+1
DJ Boom Bap 3:42 AM - 24 March, 2014
+1 also
andretti 7:27 AM - 24 March, 2014
This is what Ibrahim wrote in the DJtechtool forum some time ago:

"In the next few weeks I'll be starting a crowdfunding drive to get 1000+ songs analysed; that should allow me to up Keyfinder's accuracy and will give us as a community a big database with which to do comparative tests".
David Wallin 3:01 PM - 26 March, 2014
That's a great idea!
Key detection is a must have in Serato - and as far as I've tried - Keyfinder does the job very well.
Culprit 12:13 AM - 27 March, 2014
I would also gladly pay a patch fee to use Mixed in Key seamlessly within Serato DJ if possible.

You pay mixed in key its fee, then Serato a patch fee for implementing the product into it's software and to maintain the patch.

I would be so down for this.
andretti 12:27 PM - 27 March, 2014
Hi Culprit, Mixed in Key seems to be great, but expensive (matter of opinion..). In this thread we are advocating Keyfinder; a shareware (free) application with key detection results not so far behind on Mixed in Key
Culprit 4:24 PM - 27 March, 2014
Okay im sorry i thought it meant a key finder in general
andretti 1:40 AM - 28 March, 2014
Hi Culprit, yes any good key finder would be welcome, It would be nice if it wouldn't cost as much as pitch'n time. I'm afraid MIK would be expensive
deejdave 4:39 AM - 1 April, 2014
I would want MIK over keyfinder. Also I think Mixvibes has utulized the keyfinder engine so I am guessing that would deter Serato from choosing that path. I say MIK OR come up with your own Serato.
Bozo 12:46 PM - 1 April, 2014
Keyfinder already use Serato database (crates etc...)
deejdave 1:00 PM - 1 April, 2014
I believe this is a discussion of Serato using Keyfinder not the other way around Obviously keyfinder can work with Serato. It is simply a collection of files and all the key programs analyze files so how would it not work with it?
Bozo 9:57 PM - 1 April, 2014
I know but if Keyfinder is already user friendly with Serato, why impose it to everyone? at least if there is a active key display (when pitch up/down) but otherwise i don't see the use of integrating keyfinder
deejdave 12:57 AM - 2 April, 2014
Just to get that all in one feel I guess. TBH I completely agree with you. My process involves fixing with Platinum Notes, Then analyzing with Mixed In Key, Then adding & analyzing with Serato, Then fixing all tags & song/title info + checking for spelling, Then setting all beat grids (that did not get set automatically), then adding cue points & labeling them, then adding any notes & comments, Then converting to Traktor using N.I. SSL Database Importer tool, then analyzing in Traktor, then converting to Rekordbox using Rekordbuddy software , then FINALLY analyzing in Rekordbx.

I have mastered this step and It is one of my claims to fame. I know it sounds petty but any step omitted makes it that much easier for anyone to do it and ultimately makes my process that much less amazing LMAO>>
andretti 5:18 AM - 2 April, 2014
:-0
papagp 2:10 PM - 2 April, 2014
KeyFinder in action from another dj software with many parameters:

Watchwww.youtube.com
andretti 3:00 PM - 2 April, 2014
Thanks papagp,

While it is quite easy to analyze and key tag in Keyfinder, your video link shows clearly the pro's of having it incorporated in Serato DJ.

I already use the detected key's and key lock to mix harmonically, but hadn't realized you could use a key sync in the way beat sync works.

Super idea!
Bozo 3:14 PM - 2 April, 2014
well I'll say +1 too, because i use keyfinder.

:)
Bozo 3:15 PM - 2 April, 2014
deejdave 5:53 PM - 2 April, 2014
As expected MIK takes it. I didn't know that much though.

This is just another reason why I would say MIK over keyfinder. Mixvibes has keyfinder. and that seems like a more harmonious relationship. It would then make sense for MIK to join up with Serato......................... or at least Serato using their algorithm..
andretti 6:36 PM - 2 April, 2014
Ibrahim, does it all for the love of it and already stated he can get his results up to MIK with a little funding (Serato?)
Culprit 8:31 PM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
Ibrahim, does it all for the love of it and already stated he can get his results up to MIK with a little funding (Serato?)

I am going to step out of this one. I actually prefer my programs to be separate, and like the fact that mixed in key is a separate program.
deejdave 10:35 PM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I am going to step out of this one. I actually prefer my programs to be separate, and like the fact that mixed in key is a separate program.

Overall I do too. I am simply stating IF this is pursued in ANY way I would hope they choose the correct direction. Can't get much better than 95% (where MIK 6 is at) anyways.
Culprit 10:38 PM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Overall I do too. I am simply stating IF this is pursued in ANY way I would hope they choose the correct direction. Can't get much better than 95% (where MIK 6 is at) anyways.

Agreed
Bozo 6:30 PM - 3 April, 2014
Keyfinder is still a good tool, rekordbox and Traktor's algorithms sucks, MIK is the best but i'll personally never give a penny for something that remains a general information.
deejdave 9:56 PM - 3 April, 2014
I did gladly and with how much it helps I would again.
Bozo 11:23 AM - 4 April, 2014
Each one has its own workflow, Keyfinder is more than enough for mine.
Joe Fresh 5:46 PM - 4 April, 2014
Keyfinder built into Serato DJ?

Sounds awesome to me.
Batzz music 1:01 AM - 5 April, 2014
It wouldn't be a requirement, that's what preferences are for.
ie: 1 scan and write a key tag to every song that is analyzed in prep mode
2 scan and write a key tag to any song without a key tag already there
3 leave my files alone
deejdave 1:56 AM - 5 April, 2014
Wait I don't think anyone here said they don't want a key analyzing feature. Some of us just said IF it was added I would prefer it to be the one that is actually the most accurate not the one that is potentially almost as accurate. No offense. IF it was MIK or its algorithm doing the analyzing I would honestly welcome it. If it wasn't............... then yes option 3 for me.

Just my opinion and in no way gospel.