Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

1.7 beta

dj lashes 8:07 PM - 21 March, 2014
hey team serato any news when we can see a 1.7 beta or update on 1.6 as i see some people still having issues and others like me just like new toys???

what new features can we look out for and any news on the library size problem?
shadow23 8:14 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:
hey team serato any news when we can see a 1.7 beta or update on 1.6 as i see some people still having issues and others like me just like new toys???

what new features can we look out for and any news on the library size problem?

My wish would be more stability. Although I haven't had any issues myself but I always see threads were people having problems with SDJ 1.6
But I would really like would be the sample section to be fully mappable. So you can use your hardware to load the samples and do all sorts of stuff without using the track pad on your Mac/Win laptop
djsako 8:33 PM - 21 March, 2014
I think it's time for stable SDJ like monster SSL. Now we need more stability improvements, sound quality improvements and bridge support. Thats next logic step of digital DJing.
dj Krazey leo 5:21 AM - 22 March, 2014
+1000
DJ Sidies 9:57 AM - 22 March, 2014
We need a new version ASAP. Paid for the extra fx pack & pitch n time but can't use it because 1.6 keeps freezing! First time I have not been happy with serato
mario D lopez 5:18 PM - 22 March, 2014
Quote:
We need a new version ASAP. Paid for the extra fx pack & pitch n time but can't use it because 1.6 keeps freezing! First time I have not been happy with serato

I too feel the same
I get the impression that serato is becoming is a money making machine more
It's not like before
customer service for example is a real crap
DJ Barticus 5:53 PM - 22 March, 2014
my wishlist:
-greater stability
-lower cpu use
-lower buffer settings possible
-64 bit to make use more RAM
-sort cues in chronological order
DjSKum 6:18 PM - 22 March, 2014
+1
djmq 12:04 PM - 23 March, 2014
Yes. There are also known issues in 1.6 like for example the loop control mappings gone wrong on some (or all?) hardware which need to be addressed. Also things like the non-existent MIDI panel. Hoping for a new build very soon.
A_Jack 2:36 PM - 23 March, 2014
The next update should focus on stability and optimizing cpu usage. Serato definitely should aim to make SDJ as stable and rock solid as SSL. All the bells and whistles can wait for now.

Midi is the next thing after that.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:28 PM - 23 March, 2014
Quote:
The next update should focus on stability and optimizing cpu usage. Serato definitely should aim to make SDJ as stable and rock solid as SSL. All the bells and whistles can wait for now.

Midi is the next thing after that.

Except for my Reloop RP 8000s.... I want that to be natively midi mapped in SDJ 1.7
MBLL 6:33 PM - 23 March, 2014
And make a MIDI clock to sync up with other software, external drum-machines etc.
Unclebnz1 6:39 PM - 23 March, 2014
Need HID Support for CDJ 900 Nexus
deejdave 8:10 PM - 23 March, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if the Reloop TT's never got native support. Serato has a thing going with Pioneer. This not only put's the CDJ-900NXS, 850, 350 & 400 before anything else BUT with Pioneer teasing a TT I wouldn't be surprised if it was exclusive to Serato. The way things are panning out it would make sense. Not a debate over quality (although I doubt Pioneer will even release the TT's unless they are top quality as per their standards) just a reminder of the polotics.

Also I read that there IS a mapping for the Reloops. With that fact an idea of "it's already been taken care of" is present.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 8:12 PM - 23 March, 2014
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Reloop TT's never got native support. Serato has a thing going with Pioneer. This not only put's the CDJ-900NXS, 850, 350 & 400 before anything else BUT with Pioneer teasing a TT I wouldn't be surprised if it was exclusive to Serato. The way things are panning out it would make sense. Not a debate over quality (although I doubt Pioneer will even release the TT's unless they are top quality as per their standards) just a reminder of the polotics.

Also I read that there IS a mapping for the Reloops. With that fact an idea of "it's already been taken care of" is present.

The mapping is for Scratch Live only for right now....
deejdave 8:21 PM - 23 March, 2014
hmmmmm possibly a chance I would hope then................... I would hope. I just don't know how this Pioneer TT will affect how other TT's are approached. You never know what's going on behind closed doors.
Handikap 1:27 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:

Same here...+1,000,000,000
Marine 1:40 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Same here...+1,000,000,000

+11111
Also fix the large library issue
deejdave 2:53 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
+11111
Also fix the large library issue

Do you have Windows?
Marine 3:05 AM - 27 March, 2014
No I use a MacBook Pro i7 with a dedicated graphic card
deejdave 3:11 AM - 27 March, 2014
Really? How many files?
Marine 3:26 AM - 27 March, 2014
I only have about 400 gigs which is about 5500 videos all from vj-pro and reputable company's. I've analyzed and rebuilt the crates still crashes. I've used it out three times live in the club and crashed all three times after about two hours of mixing. Didn't even leave a crash report just crashed. I talked with Serato support and they tried helping but nothing worked and they said it was do to a large library and they were working on a fix and to use scratch live until they fix the large library issue. I can't believe 400 gigs of music is considered a large library. I bought the djm 900 srt and have to use an sl3 box with it in order to use scratch live what a pain Serato needs to stop adding more features until they can put out a rock solid program, and it needs to happen soon.
deejdave 3:34 AM - 27 March, 2014
I have noticed after dealing with a massive amounts of libraries that this issue will exist within the library and not the laptop. If the library causes one laptop to crash it will most likely cause most to crash. Not saying it can't be fixed by the software just saying it can be fixed on our ends if the time is put in. I have 4 MBP's

2013 quad core 2.7ghz i7 (with dedicated graphics card as well) 16 GB RAM & SSD.
2012 dual core 2.9ghz i7 16 GB RAM & SSD
2012 dual core 2.9ghz i7 8 GB RAM & 750 GB HDD
2007 dual core 2.33 ghz 4 GB RAM & 320 GB HDD

using

DJM-900SRT
Rane 64
DDJ-SX
CDJ-2000Nexus x2
DDJ-SP1
Serato Remote
Serato Remote Mini

Employing a 85,000+ library. I spend about 20 hrs a week managing this library and it is my pride & joy. In all honesty (most people don't believe me) I would give up all the gear I own before I got rid of my collection.

SDJ runs fine on all four. The 2007 runs it fine ONLY if Pitch N Time is not activated. I have had maybe 2 crashes to date (with extensive rigorous DJing) using my library
but have been able reproduce the crash by using others libraries. Some with WAY less files than mine but I was able to pretty much guess it would have issues simply by looking at it.

- Files not tagged correctly "www.rnb4u.com" (just an example) seen in genre, comments & after song titles.

- Crates & subcrates titled "New Years bangerz" or "game day hip hop"

- Massive amounts of crates without even knowing how to do subcrates

- Bitrates all over the place from 96kbps to 256 kbps etc.

- Songs downloaded from sketchy sources

Even a quicker indication of whether or not I would encounter issues is when i saw overall sloppiness and things like spelling errors etc. I understand this in now way directly ties to the large database issue BUT it absolutely gives some insight on how the user handles things.

I feel Serato SHOULD make this a priority and get some real results ASAP but n the meantime these are a few pointers of how NOT to run into issues.

Audio-wise I can go on for days but when it comes to video (or Serato video) unfortunately I got nothing. I have avoided video thus far and plan on keeping it that way LOL. In all honestly I typically like the new features BUT with this past release (after finally running into a "real" issue myself serato.com) I was left wanting in that even though my issue is not crippling and can be worked around I feel the proper attention was not paid. Will I be switching OR threatening to switch? Yeah to what? LMAO Even with SDJ's flaws it is still better than the alternatives. Let us just hope these issues all get fixed ASAP so we can continue doing what we do best.
DJ Quartz 3:16 PM - 27 March, 2014
Anyone with library issues, have you tried 1.6.1 to see if it will load your collection?
Volmar Jacques Stephane 4:23 PM - 5 August, 2014
@Serato
it seems like you gave us the possibility to use Only ONE (1) LOOP_Roll per Deck ???
its like i have to choose 1 botton to make only 1 LoopRoll, per Deck

i hope i'm wrong, if not ...........

plz... At least 4 loopRoll, different size, per deck

Deck 1 ... 4LoopRoll
Deck 2.... 4LoopRoll and the possibility to choose the size of each LoopRoll
Volmar Jacques Stephane 4:25 PM - 5 August, 2014
PS.... im using The #AKAi_LPD8
pablor82 5:43 PM - 6 August, 2014
He encontrado un fallo.
Uso DDJ-SX con Windows 7 (AMD).

Tenemos dos canciones cargadas (derecha e izquierda) reproduciéndose simultáneamente y sincronizadas usando SYNC. Ahora si usamos la barra NEEDLE SEARCH se deja de sincronizarse con la otra canción, cuando en versiones anteriores esto no pasaba, se mantenía sincronizado.
DJ WUMI 2:48 PM - 17 August, 2014
LET US BE ABLE TO MIDI OUR KEYBOARD PLEASE!!
DJ WUMI 3:09 PM - 17 August, 2014
there is delay when you press the cue bottoms in offline mode
direction 4:38 PM - 17 August, 2014
Quote:

i have exactly the same problems! i still use Scratch Live because it is stable
Volmar Jacques Stephane 4:41 PM - 17 August, 2014
@Serato
it seems like you gave us the possibility to use Only ONE (1) LOOP_Roll per Deck ???
its like i have to choose 1 botton to make only 1 LoopRoll, per Deck

i hope i'm wrong, if not ...........

plz... At least 4 loopRoll, different size, per deck

Deck 1 ... 4LoopRoll
Deck 2.... 4LoopRoll and the possibility to choose the size of each LoopRoll

On AKai LPD8