Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Serato & Mixed In Key Corporation?

DJ SLOREA 3:59 PM - 14 March, 2014
It doesn't really HAVE to be mixed in key but....

I just found out about mixed in key a few months, its a brilliant idea but its such a pain in the ass that I need to rename every single song (Ex: Together (Original Mix) -> Together (Original Mix) 4A.)

How about adding a feature in analyzing tracks? I notice when Serato DJ analyzes songs from sites other than Beatport, it doesn't even bother to see what major or pitch it is in.

If this feature becomes incorporated into the analyzing section, it would save lots of time and help DJs put out even greater mixes. Especially for me because I organize my tracks in Serato DJ, why not a similar feature like the Mixed In Key inside Serato DJ?

How does this sound to everyone?

-DJ SLOREA-
DJ Compiler 9:58 PM - 14 March, 2014
Can you set Mixed in Key to save to the comments field instead of the track name. That should leave your track names as they were unless you already have some info saved to your comments section.
Dj_Grinda 12:50 AM - 15 March, 2014
You do not need to rename every single song there is a option in Mixed In Key that can change where the tags will be written. For example as @DjComiler DJ Compiler said you can have the keys saved in the comment field, which you can override the current comments or you can have them in front of the current comments.
DJ SLOREA 6:23 AM - 15 March, 2014
Quote:
You do not need to rename every single song there is a option in Mixed In Key that can change where the tags will be written. For example as @DjComiler DJ Compiler said you can have the keys saved in the comment field, which you can override the current comments or you can have them in front of the current comments.

That still involves me moving all of my current music files into my desktop into a gigantic folder, and putting it into Mixed in key to analyze it.

The process i am suggesting is to put a key detection when analyzing my music. That way the only thing I will have to do is to click Analyze Files.
Bozo 4:55 PM - 16 March, 2014
Key Finder use Serato crates, its free, better than Traktor and rekordbox engine (www.djtechtools.com) and easy to use.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:46 AM - 17 March, 2014
What? You just save the key to the key tag! No need to rename anything or use the comments section.

You can drag and drop tunes from sdj to mik.

Analyze in mik then when done in sdj open files then rescan id3 tags.

Now the key will show up on all your files in the key column.
Marv Incredible 1:24 PM - 17 March, 2014
Tell dem Woolsey! lol :p
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:03 PM - 17 March, 2014
;-)

What i do is download new music put in MIK then add to serato then when you do the anayze process it will make the key tag show aswel. So not to many extra steps.
DJ Compiler 3:04 PM - 17 March, 2014
I don't believe the key tag is supported by all file formats is it?
DJ SLOREA 10:31 AM - 20 March, 2014

Hey woosley can you elaborate on this? I never heard of a key tag so....
DJ SLOREA 10:31 AM - 20 March, 2014
Quote:
;-)

What i do is download new music put in MIK then add to serato then when you do the anayze process it will make the key tag show aswel. So not to many extra steps.

Ignore what I just said before, can you elaborate on the key tags and stuffs? never heard of them.
pueblofunky 7:32 PM - 23 March, 2014
MIK can not update WAV files. Keyfinder works perfect with ID3 in various file formats. See the start page first block:

"It supports a huge range of codecs thanks to LibAV, and writes to metadata tags using TagLib."

taglib.github.io

"TagLib is a library for reading and editing the meta-data of several popular audio formats. Currently it supports both ID3v1 and ID3v2 for MP3 files, Ogg Vorbis comments and ID3 tags and Vorbis comments in FLAC, MPC, Speex, WavPack TrueAudio, WAV, AIFF, MP4 and ASF files."

And it is very fast ...