DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

tHiS iS BaD

DJVigor 3:08 AM - 30 March, 2006
go to the bottom and watch the video
very suprising

www.djsarealive.com
DJ XTURNAL 3:12 AM - 30 March, 2006
this is nothing new, it's just performing house music live. Who cares if they think that laptop DJ's aren't real. PVD is the ultimate laptop DJ, and he's #1 DJ in the world. Not to mention most of the house and trance DJ's that are well known use laptops. The biggest names in hip hop djing are also using it, so dont worry.
AKIEM 3:18 AM - 30 March, 2006
well I thought DJ stands for "Disk Jockey". they look like an electro band with a DJ.

and with laptops. I thought I was about to see a crew of DJs killing wax.

+it looks like they had a couple laptops in the setup??????????
BriChi 3:20 AM - 30 March, 2006
they did, i saw them too, there probably just to lazy to transfer there vinyl in to the computer, this is there way around it, they have to become more popular some how, this is how they will do it.
s42000 3:44 AM - 30 March, 2006
boring shenanigans
punosion 3:45 AM - 30 March, 2006
If this isn't just Pete Tong talking out his ass and they really are rising up against "microwavers," then why the hell don't they just use SSL? All you lose out on is watching the DJ turn around and bend down to dig in his/her crates...a Serato DJ is equally as boring to watch as a "real vinyl" DJ. Laptops DJ's as a whole aren't the enemy, microwavers are the enemy.

That said, this is just house music live with a DJ, big friggin' deal. They're combining a DJ performance with other live elements...this makes it more interesting to watch than any house/trance DJ has ever been, before or after laptops.
BriChi 3:52 AM - 30 March, 2006
I know that people on the forum wiil agree with me that what we do with the laptop draws more attention and is more interesting to people in the crowd than watching a dj look for a cd or record they can't find
s42000 4:03 AM - 30 March, 2006
Quote:
....... All you lose out on is watching the DJ turn around and bend down to dig in his/her crates...a Serato DJ is equally as boring to watch as a "real vinyl" DJ

★ TRUE ★

But this far from microwave
kicko 5:06 AM - 30 March, 2006
damn is there nothing that woman can't Do?
Konix 5:54 AM - 30 March, 2006
That video said DJ Skribble was part of DJ are alive. Doesn't he use SSL? I could have swore I seen a thread that said he does.
Dj Metro 6:38 AM - 30 March, 2006
skribble used ssl when he spun here in puertorico
Konix 6:43 AM - 30 March, 2006
Quote:
skribble used ssl when he spun here in puertorico

Humm, that's pretty hypocritical then.
DJLorrence 7:00 AM - 30 March, 2006
read skribbles interview in Club International.....he swears by SSL. when he spins at that monster club Body English is LV.
Julls 11:48 AM - 30 March, 2006
Quote:
Who cares if they think that laptop DJ's aren't real. PVD is the ultimate laptop DJ, and he's #1 DJ in the world.

I thought Tiesto was #1?
DJ XTURNAL 12:26 PM - 30 March, 2006
^^Nah, PVD
punosion 2:12 PM - 30 March, 2006
Quote:
★ TRUE ★

But this far from microwave

I fully agree...I should have put boring in quotes. :)