I like guide in Spanish
D3RKIN 4:31 AM - 25 March, 2014
I would love to see support for the CDJ 350's
ametjenesnemaan 6:08 AM - 25 March, 2014
Thank you Serato, thank you!
CarlosElGauchoLoco 12:30 PM - 25 March, 2014
Yes...PLEASE...CDJ 350 support!
DJ Thomas - planetsalsa.de 4:16 PM - 27 March, 2014
please support the cdj400... a lot of people need this...! ;o)
DJ Esbam 4:37 PM - 27 March, 2014
I need a surport for numark NDX900 player how could I load it
Mistral 5:44 PM - 27 March, 2014
Is it possible to use the audio outputs from the CDJ`s for use with the software?

I would like tom make the combination with the novation dicers and the CDJ`s. Is this possible?
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:37 PM - 27 March, 2014
Hi Mistral,

You can use them with control cds and send the audio to a supported mixer or Rane SL box with Serato DJ.

Novation dicers will work with Serato DJ too.

Matt P
Unclebnz1 2:52 AM - 28 March, 2014
Need HID for CDJ 900 nexus
DJ VALY 12:56 PM - 30 March, 2014
I WILL ALL NEED HELP ON HOW TO CONENT NDX 800 WITH SERATO PLS
charles r 3:43 AM - 31 March, 2014
What about the 850k's
DJMIYAGI 11:17 PM - 31 March, 2014
Quote:
What about the 850k's

Yes. ALL colors in the 850 (black, white, silver)
charles r 11:34 PM - 31 March, 2014
Pioneer 850 k's will i ever be able to use Serato DJ
DJBetoSP 1:37 AM - 1 April, 2014
Hello friends Serato

I've been using on my CDJ 850 HID mode and unfortunately and without waiting for the house serato error that is detected by windows and the software asks for the closing.
Rarely happens.
Checked whether it was with some files that could contain errors, whether it would be in this case a CPU I7 16gb 1tbHD 3 usb ports
and discover lgo thank for referring back to use timecode CDs for fear.

In time, I am very happy in these 03 years of use serato
thank you

dj@djbeto.com.br

@DJBetoSP
São Paulo - Brazil
DJSubzero 12:23 PM - 1 April, 2014
Would be awesome if Serato could work with Rekordbox software, at least for storing hot cues etc.
Asu 9:00 PM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
Would be awesome if Serato could work with Rekordbox software, at least for storing hot cues etc.

SERATO would be shooting themselves in the foot
djdennisthemenace 1:33 AM - 16 April, 2014
I plug my CDJ 850 k and the jog wheels act crazy the digital needle jumps arround and freezes !!!! help!!!
DJBetoSP 1:53 AM - 17 April, 2014
Hello friends.

Unfortunately I had to go back a step because using the CDJ 850 in HID mode in two parties he froze. Do not like to use timecode CDs more still having the opportunity to select, control the CDJ. :(

Believe to be an error in the software and if by chance find a solution ask kindly notify me.
In time, I'm number one fan SERATO.

Thank you very much

dj@djbeto.com.br

@DJBetoSP
São Paulo - Brazil
DJ FAROFA 1:36 AM - 19 April, 2014
terá como usar o serato dj com as pick-ups audio-technica at-lp 120 usb mk2 junto com o programa serato dj pago e time codec serato scracht live (para que comprou o serato dj para mixdeck universal)

will use as dj serato with pick-ups audio-technica at lp-120 mk2 usb along with serato dj software serato paid and time codec scracht live (so purchased dj serato for MIXDECK Universal)
Asu 4:58 PM - 19 April, 2014
Quote:
I plug my CDJ 850 k and the jog wheels act crazy the digital needle jumps arround and freezes !!!! help!!!

you have to plug in the CDJs before you start Serato....that fixes the jumping needle....the other thing that helps is,make sure there's no CD in the drive,i've heard that helps.

but the key is to plug in the CDJs before you run/start Serato...this applies to 900's,2000's and 2000Nexus for trouble free performance.

Try that!
raequan 12:52 PM - 23 April, 2014
and also bump up your usb buffer settings .
Unclebnz1 1:37 PM - 23 April, 2014
What happen to CDJ 900 Nexus support?
Asu 3:30 AM - 24 April, 2014
Quote:
and also bump up your usb buffer settings .

buffer settings are perfect unless on windows,which isn't a serato problem
Adrianphonic 3:41 AM - 22 May, 2014
thank you for the cdj 850 support!
Adrianphonic 6:11 AM - 22 May, 2014
is it possible that you would be able to actually browse your serato library on the cdj 850 display (instead of controlling the computer screen) in the future?
Dillz 6:41 AM - 6 June, 2014
I need help HID with the Cdj 850 isnt accurate and the jog wheel light is glitchy ive tried it on both pc and mac!
raequan 7:27 PM - 7 June, 2014
Quote:
I need help HID with the Cdj 850 isnt accurate and the jog wheel light is glitchy ive tried it on both pc and mac!

same here but it doesnt effect the audio.....

serato will fix it soon.....

its fine in SSL 2.5
raequan 7:29 PM - 7 June, 2014
Quote:
is it possible that you would be able to actually browse your serato library on the cdj 850 display (instead of controlling the computer screen) in the future?

not possible the 850 is regular hid

the 900 and the 2000 is advanced hid that why you can scroll the library
Dillz 2:28 PM - 12 June, 2014
So whats the fix for that?? something from Pioneer?
raequan 3:54 AM - 13 June, 2014
Quote:
So whats the fix for that?? something from Pioneer?

cdj900 nexus
Dillz 1:59 AM - 18 June, 2014
you cant be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont have 2400 to go spend on a pair
raequan 2:26 AM - 18 June, 2014
you want the to see the same library as you see on your computer....... cdj 900, cdj900 nexus, cdj2000, cdj 2000nexus...

you got to pay to play......

i bought the 850 i didnt need the link function the better screen all i wanted was hid control... and the 850 fit the bill.

there is no way that the 850 could receive that much info on a 3 line screen and have no lag

and as i said the 850 is normal HID
Dillz 2:26 PM - 23 June, 2014
mmmmmm I Don't Care about the track Display
jarod 4:42 PM - 19 July, 2014
hey guys might be a stupid question but do you have to have some kind of controller in addition to cdj 850's in order to use serato dj? im just trying to use my 850's and my djm 800 and have no luck, do i have to buy some kind of serato dj compatible controller or something? did i just accidentally spend 130 on something i cant use... lol...
raequan 6:52 PM - 20 July, 2014
buy sl2 sl 3 box
jarod 7:24 PM - 20 July, 2014
Yeah so basically I spent 130 on something I can't use unless I spend another 800... Info isn't very clear I can use traktor with usb cords I thought this would work the same way with my cdjs... Guess I have to spend mad money on a sl box now in the future to make it worth it
Dillz 5:15 PM - 21 July, 2014
you need a Serato Dj interface Sl2 or Sl3 for the setup you have...
jarod 6:36 PM - 21 July, 2014
Thanks I figured that out already. Pretty dumb I am able to use traktor with usb cords and I need an interface to use serato... Sucks too cause I have an audio interface which is what an sl box basically is and I'm not about to spend 4-700 on an sl2/sl3... Can I use another cheap piece of serato compatible equipment like the dennon dn-hc1000 to activate the software for use with cdjs?
Dillz 4:58 AM - 23 July, 2014
serato don't suck u just don't wanna spend the money.... everything cant be free
jarod 2:31 PM - 23 July, 2014
I never said serato sucked I love serato don't put words in my mouth kid.. I just bought 2 cdj 850s a djm 800 and a djm 700 all within the last 3-6 months so don't tell me everything can't be free lmao I used serato and serato controllers since serato itch it's retarded that I can download a torrent of traktor and use my cdjs with usb cords but I just paid 130 for a serato license and can't use it unless I shell out another 4-700 dollars when traktor does the same for free it's not really good business competition because as much as I dislike traktor I don't have to go spend even more money on an interface to use it with my setup but yeah thanks for your input i
DJ MIcky P 12:29 PM - 24 July, 2014
If you make money from DJing then buy what you need.... piracy(torrents) isnt going to help make software authors money to continue.... nor is buying oppositions hardware and wanting to run different software...

it is what is
Quality.. and if you run CDJs run CDs..

With respect
practice and enjoy
jarod 4:04 PM - 24 July, 2014
You people... I was making a point that their competition (traktor) is able to be used with usb cords torrent or not I would have gladly spent the 200 on traktor for this reason I had a torrent to try to see if this scenario would work it's so Buggy I would never use it in a paid scenario I was simply making a point that I could plug my shit in with usb cords and with serato they want me to buy a license and then another piece of equipment for 4-700 dollars to be able to use their software which is very comparable to traktor which I can just plug my setup in without an additional interface... But yes I understand how the music industry works I went to school for music business briefly and my uncle is a high profile sound engineer and last but not least, this is 2014 if you're still using CDs with cdjs you're out of your mind they make usb sticks in case you're unaware. Also, what opposing hardware software are you speaking about nothing here opposes anything lol. And either way, I just said i bought 2 cdj 850s a djm 800 and a djm 700 I am a college student and support myself I don't have another 4-700 bucks out of nowhere to buy a little interface that is completely unnecessary when the competing software (traktor) does the same thing with cords that I already own. Thanks though I really don't need any more "advice" someone from serato replied and I'm working on a refund. Thanks anyways!
DJ MIcky P 11:10 PM - 24 July, 2014
You Sir are not making a point..
the software is different and FREE with certain controllers, paid upgrade on lowend controllers

IM a veteran of Djing.... i started on Vinyl, cassettes, Video cassettes, cds, VCDS, and in the late 90s and early 00's ran computers (BPM by alchatech) in clubs.... we had to and still do pay for music(we would visit shops and audition music, read ther platterlog (Here in OZ) buy cds from 2nd hand stores and id travel 200kms to regulary go searching), equipment.. and make a decent living so only support the people who make the gear and write the software.

I have Kontrol S4, Numark NS7II, Ns7Mk1 (2) pioneer DDJ-sx, DDJ-wego (2) and several other midi devices!

I purchase ALL my software due to other djs relating stories of buggy software from torrents.

I also PAY for upgrades of low end controllers.

yes by all means can cut corners and save a dollar..but some corners and rock solid.

you havent done your research.. read the serato website!
it clearly states compatible controllers required and ADD pioneer CDJs for second control in HID mode for 3/4 channels

sorry if you are not happy
but its the basics!
Thanks anyway for reading
jarod 11:35 PM - 24 July, 2014
Ive done hours of research and was confused as to how I could use my set up with serato and was lead to believe if I had a license I could use my cdjs in hid mode and thought it would be the same as with traktor I am new to cdjs and I didn't know how HID worked is all thanks
Katelyn 8:21 AM - 31 July, 2014
I feel you Jarod. That is an unpleasant surprise for me too.
D3RKIN 1:44 PM - 2 September, 2014
It is kind of stupid to have to use a sl box when you have a perfectly good sound card in the cdj and it also makes it harder for setup in the booth. You might as well just use the DVS then as there are more steps to setup hid than DVS. Also most Mac's have only 2 usb ports and this setup requires 3, which means having to carry around a hub and you probably need a powered one.
DJ Esbam 3:39 PM - 21 July, 2015
Pls i need sera to video code
Ser Payne 1:51 PM - 6 June, 2017
Hi Guy's,
To use serato on my CDJ850's I need an additional Sl2 or Sl3. That I figured out I guess.
But ???? Are those soundcards still for sale ??? I can't find them anywhere.
Or has pioneer/serato new sofware available wich doesn't require an external soundcard anymore for my 850's ??
I'm a bedroom DJ, I played with CD's/vinyl untill now so I'm very new at this :-)
Kind regards,
Laz219 4:12 AM - 11 June, 2017
Quote:
Hi Guy's,
To use serato on my CDJ850's I need an additional Sl2 or Sl3. That I figured out I guess.
But ???? Are those soundcards still for sale ??? I can't find them anywhere.
Or has pioneer/serato new sofware available wich doesn't require an external soundcard anymore for my 850's ??
I'm a bedroom DJ, I played with CD's/vinyl untill now so I'm very new at this :-)
Kind regards,

You might have an issue because Rane has been sold with no real information on it's future products. At the moment it looks like you'd need to buy old inventory a retailer still has.
The other option if you only need a simple interface is the Denon DS1
DJ Aton 12:35 PM - 28 July, 2017
Is it possible to do a set with cdj's 850 mixing with usb sticks and use serato video on same time ?

Thanks for answer
Laz219 10:11 PM - 29 July, 2017
Not really, the CDJ will have no control of SDJ/Video if you're using USB sticks.