Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

WHY ARE SOME SONGS LOCKED???

DJ Urbane 10:51 AM - 30 January, 2009
I was wondering why some songs are locked and others are not...I just downloaded 50 cents new song and the track was locked when I opened up serato. It told me to put my email in to unlock but that didn't work...help anyone????
albert lopez 1:59 AM - 31 January, 2009
same here, i have the same issue some tracks are locked. I say hang tight i'm in the process of finding more info on this matter. What i did is i went ahead and downloaded the songs anyway. just hang tight...
C-Nyl 8:54 AM - 31 January, 2009
I am having the same problem. I thought I was doing something wrong at first. But ok cool, when you find something out please let me know.
DJ Urbane 9:50 AM - 31 January, 2009
Well thats good I'm not the only one having this problem...I thought maybe something was wrong with my computer.lol
C-Nyl 5:44 AM - 3 February, 2009
Serato asks for your email and password but keeps saying your email is wrong and wont unlock the song... Or is it just me having that problem?
DJ Urbane 8:01 AM - 4 February, 2009
welcome to the thread my friend...everyone is having that problem :(
C-Nyl 8:52 AM - 4 February, 2009
Oh ok thanks hommie...
Serato
dave 12:11 PM - 5 February, 2009
Hey - sorry about those, please download the tracks again, they should be unlocked for you now.
rolyd 6:59 PM - 5 February, 2009
Hey, I'm also having a problem with locked songs. I'm certain that I've entered the correct e-mail address and password, but I'm still having a problem using the songs in SSL 1.8.3
AxD 1:44 AM - 6 February, 2009
Im still having the same problem even after downloading it again... HELP
C-Nyl 5:36 AM - 6 February, 2009
I tried redownloading the songs and they are still locked...
C-Nyl 5:52 AM - 6 February, 2009
Yeah, even deleting the songs and redownloading them they are still locked out.
djselect 11:01 PM - 10 February, 2009
same problem, says my e-mail is incorrect? won't unlock 13 files. have deleted and re downloaded the tracks, but same problem.
Dj SeV 1:13 AM - 11 February, 2009
I have the same problem with the same files. I have tried deleting and re-downloading.
dj_xxx 6:38 PM - 11 February, 2009
why hasn't anyone answered the question on how to unlock some of these tracks.....?
Serato, Support
ChrisD 3:32 AM - 12 February, 2009
Re-downloading the tracks will solve the problem for many of you.

Once you've downloaded the track, remove the existing track from the Scratch Live library, delete the file itself, then add the newly downloaded version.

If you're still affected by this problem please state exactly which track(s) you are having this problem with.

Please provide a link to the Release detail page and clearly state exactly which tracks in the Release you are unable to unlock.

And just a reminder in case there is some confusion: when prompted for an email address and password in Scratch Live enter your whitelabel.net login email address and your whitelabel.net password.
Shan-One 4:12 AM - 12 February, 2009
Still no dice, I put it into iTunes and then do it cause I don't use crates I use iTunes playlists. Could that be the problem? I just took the 50 Cent I Get In, it asked for my username & p/w I put it in and those work, but Beautiful is still no good? Any ideas?
Dj SeV 4:19 AM - 12 February, 2009
All versions of I Get it In 50 Cent are locked.
Beautiful by Akon is locked
Right Now all versions except album are still locked for me.

I have tried the above suggestions as well.

When I enter my email and password I get "your email is incorrect errors."
Dj SeV 4:22 AM - 12 February, 2009
Right Now by Akon that is.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 5:04 AM - 12 February, 2009
OK, Shan-One (and everyone else) I'm sorry - these tracks were still incorrectly encoded with list locking information in them.

I've re-encoded them and they *should* now work without requiring unlocking.

You will need to download the tracks again. Sorry :-)

Akon - Beautiful: www.whitelabel.net
50 Cent - I Get In: www.whitelabel.net

Remember, you must make sure that the original download file is completely deleted before you re-import the new download.

If anyone is experiencing this problem with other Releases please let me know.
Dj SeV 5:15 AM - 12 February, 2009
Right Now by Akon all versions except album are still locked for me.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 6:32 AM - 12 February, 2009
Thanks Dj SeV - I've re-encoded those tracks. Download them again and you should be good to go.

Akon - Right Now (Na Na Na) : www.whitelabel.net
DJ Capital B 5:38 AM - 13 February, 2009
Also the following are still locked.

Ryan Leslie & Jada Kiss
All of Asher Roth - I luv college (all verisons)
Ron Brownz - Jumping Out the Window (all versions)
Lil Wayne - Prom Queen
Busta Rhymes - Conglomorate

Thanks
DJ Urbane 6:14 AM - 13 February, 2009
Thats Good I'll go ahead and redownload the tracks again. DJ Capital B....Prom queen shouldn't be locked just put your email and pass in and it will unlock it. Thats what I had to do for that track.
Dj SeV 4:58 PM - 14 February, 2009
Thanks.
DJ KillaGraham 5:16 AM - 18 February, 2009
Lil Wayne - Prom Queen
Ron Brownz - Jumping Out The Window (All Versions)

Serato Version 1.8.3

Serato tells me I have the wrong email address. I hope you guys can help!

Thanks

KG

I also can't delete it from the library before or even after I delete the file. I re-downloaded it, still nothing
DJ KillaGraham 5:17 AM - 18 February, 2009
Just kidding about the deleting part . . .
Serato
Brigid 1:03 AM - 19 February, 2009
Hey dude,
Could you try downloading the Public Beta of 1.9 here: www.serato.com
Let me know if that helps.
DJ KillaGraham 3:37 PM - 19 February, 2009
Ok, sounds good, I'll try that and let you know how it goes
DJ KillaGraham 3:45 PM - 19 February, 2009
Alright, I tried it with 1.9, but it didnt work even if I was connected to the hardware. I'm going to try to delete and re-download again, and then let you know if it works
DJ KillaGraham 4:37 PM - 19 February, 2009
Ok, so I tried it with 1.8.3 and 1.9.0 b2 and neither worked when I deleted and re-downloaded with or without the hardware.
DJ KillaGraham 4:41 PM - 19 February, 2009
By worked I mean to say that I typed in my email and password. Serato would need access to the 'net, eh? I'm runnin lil snitch, but snitch settings are open for Serato
C-Nyl 8:14 PM - 20 February, 2009
The songs that are locked in my Serato are: I love College- Asher Roth (All Versions)
Conglamerat- Busta Rhymes
Give It To Me Right- Melanie Fiona
Jumping (Out The Window)- Ron Browz (All Versions)
How It Was Suppose To Be- Ryan Leslie

I tried deleting and redownloaded all of them, and they are still locked out. If you didnt already know about these songs. Just thought I would let you know...
C-Nyl 8:16 PM - 20 February, 2009
Oh yeah and Lil Wayne- Prom Queen. I see we all are having the same common problem...
DJ KillaGraham 12:09 AM - 21 February, 2009
Cool. This only happened to me when I downloaded 1.8.3. Before the update, I didn't have a problem. I think I had version 1.7.~
C-Nyl 7:26 PM - 21 February, 2009
I am running 1.8.3. All the other songs are good outside of the ones that I listed before...
DJ Urbane 3:12 AM - 22 February, 2009
yes progress...we are close
Serato
Brigid 10:25 PM - 22 February, 2009
Ok guys, let me talk to the team and I'll get back to you today.
C-Nyl 5:13 AM - 23 February, 2009
Ok, sound good to me...
Serato, Support
ChrisD 1:38 AM - 24 February, 2009
C-Nyl, DJ KillaGraham and DJ Capital B,

Sorry for my delay in getting back to you guys - I've was away on holiday last week :-)

I've re-encoded all the tracks you mention so you should find that everything works OK if you re-download the tracks.

These tracks should work without requiring a user name/password:

Ryan Leslie - How It Was Supposed To Be feat. Jadakiss
whitelabel.net

Asher Roth - I Love College
whitelabel.net

Busta Rhymes - Conglomerate feat. Young Jeezy & Jadakiss
whitelabel.net

Melanie Fiona - Give It To Me Right
whitelabel.net

And these two should work with your whitelabel.net user name/password combination:

Ron Browz - Jumping (Out the Window)
whitelabel.net

Lil Wayne - Prom Queen
whitelabel.net
DJ KillaGraham 4:41 AM - 24 February, 2009
Hey Chris,

Thanks so much! They all work!

KG
C-Nyl 6:52 AM - 24 February, 2009
Yo Chris, thanks for your support... Yes, they all do work...
NGBlake3 6:42 PM - 2 March, 2009
Quote:
I am having the same problem. I thought I was doing something wrong at first. But ok cool, when you find something out please let me know.

Quote:
Serato asks for your email and password but keeps saying your email is wrong and wont unlock the song... Or is it just me having that problem?

Quote:
Yeah, even deleting the songs and redownloading them they are still locked out.

Quote:
I have the same problem with the same files. I have tried deleting and re-downloading.

I am still having the problem with;

Jumping Out the Window -Ron Brownz

being locked, then in ScratchLive I am prompted to enter my e-mail and password but it tells me the e-mail is wrong. I tried numerous times, even switching the way I wrote my e-mail (copy & paste from my profile) to be sure but still got the error that my e-mail that I entered is incorrect.... Please Help!

Thanks!
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:51 PM - 2 March, 2009
NGBlake3,

If you re-download the Ron Browz tracks now you should be good to go. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.
NGBlake3 10:52 PM - 2 March, 2009
Quote:
NGBlake3,

If you re-download the Ron Browz tracks now you should be good to go. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

I am now also having the same problem with Prom Queen - Lil Wayne
NGBlake3 11:01 PM - 2 March, 2009
okay, jumping out the window is working now, thanks!
Serato, Support
ChrisD 3:41 AM - 3 March, 2009
Should be OK now NGBlake3.
C-Nyl 5:18 AM - 3 March, 2009
I am still having problems with busta rhymes- conglomerate and ryan leslie- how it was suppose to be. The songs load, you see the wave form, but no sound when its playing...
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:23 AM - 3 March, 2009
C-Nyl,

It sounds like you're using an older version of Scratch Live. I recommend that you install the latest stable version (currently 1.8.3).

You can download it here: scratchlive.net or serato.com
C-Nyl 7:50 AM - 5 March, 2009
I do have the latest version of Serato 1.8.3
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:10 PM - 5 March, 2009
OK, that's a bit weird C-Nyl. If you see the waveforms then the track has been unlocked. And, in the case of the Ryan Leslie track, that track is not locked at all.

Is it only these two tracks that have this problem? Have you tried loading the tracks on to both decks? Does the problem happen on both decks?

Are you 100% certain it's nothing really silly like the fader or gain knobs turned down on your DJ mixer? Or maybe an unplugged cable from your Scratch Live interface?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I may as well ask :-)
C-Nyl 3:39 AM - 6 March, 2009
I have tried everything. From checking my mixer, switches, cables, etc... And even the new songs listed in download are locked. These arent stupid questions at all, we do make mistakes. Its the same on both decks, you see the waveform but no sound. Outside of the songs I listed earlier and the new ones I just dowloaded last night, everything else works fine. So what to do next?
C-Nyl 4:01 AM - 6 March, 2009
Ok. I see what is going on. I reloaded the songs and its says locked song, enter email and password. I ejected the song and reloaded it and it plays fine. In the section where it asks for your email and password it says 1 song successfully unlocked without putting my email and password in the boxes. In which it never excepted the email and password in the first place. So I did it with all the songs that were supposed to be locked, and they all play fine doing it that way.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 4:21 AM - 6 March, 2009
OK, cool. Glad you got it sorted C-Nyl.
C-Nyl 5:55 AM - 6 March, 2009
Oh yeah, I got it now. Thanks...
Monte Carlo 12:17 AM - 7 March, 2009
The releases from Mar 4th on up have that same deal going on. Any help would be appreciated.
C-Nyl 3:33 AM - 7 March, 2009
Quote:
The releases from Mar 4th on up have that same deal going on. Any help would be appreciated.
Aey Monte Carlo, try loading the tracks that have the problem 1 at a time, eject them, and relaod them to see if that works. That is what I had to do with the ones I had a problem with... They are working good so far... Once I did that, it unlocked the track...
Monte Carlo 5:27 PM - 7 March, 2009
Right on.. Thanks.
Monte Carlo 6:20 PM - 7 March, 2009
Quote:
Right on.. Thanks.

Didn't peep your previous....
C-Nyl 6:57 PM - 7 March, 2009
No problem hommie...
I.V. 5:24 PM - 9 March, 2009
I've got some more to add to the list.

Yung LA - Ain't I (all versions)
Birdman - Always Strapped (all versions)
Lil Wayne - Prom Queen
Ron Browz Jumping (out The Window) - All version

All Locked, and not accepting my email/password combo
All with version 19024
Thanks for your help
C-Nyl 1:15 AM - 10 March, 2009
yo I.V. read my previous post to see if that way will help you with your situation in 1.9...
Serato, Support
ChrisD 2:36 AM - 10 March, 2009
I.V.,

You're definitely in the lists for the all releases that you mention, meaning that you should be able to unlock the files.

Could you do me a favor and email one (only one) file to web@serato.com. I'd like to check that it's been created correctly.

Next, you could try C-Nyl's suggestion regarding unloading then reloading the tracks Scratch Live. I'm not sure why this fixed his problem (this is possibly a bug Scratch Live) but if works then that's the main thing.

If you still have problems then you could try downloading the files again and replacing the old files with the new ones.

Also, as I mentioned to someone else: double triple quadruple check that you're entering your email address and password correctly :-)
C-Nyl 4:17 AM - 10 March, 2009
ChrisD, even entering my email and password correctly multiple times that didnt work for me. But once I loaded the tracks, ejected them, and then reloaded the track, it said you have successfully unlocked the track or something like that. But like I said that worked for me and I think Monte Carlo...
I.V. 4:54 AM - 10 March, 2009
I guess I'm a little confused about loading and unloading the tracks in Scratch Live, the tracks won't even load, I assumed because they were locked??! So if they don't even load up, then I can't eject them, and try it again. I have deleted them and tried downloading them again, and still no luck. So... ChrisD, one is on the way to you!
And yes.. I have triple checked my email address/password combo.
Thanks alot for all your time and help here guys!
I.V. 4:59 AM - 10 March, 2009
OK.. scratch all that.. I have NO idea what was different that time, then the last 27 times I tried it.. but I'm all set now. They all just unlocked for me. Cool.
Thanks again guys for everything you do!
Serato, Support
ChrisD 5:35 AM - 10 March, 2009
Glad to hear you're up and running I.V., and thanks for emailing me the track - I'll have a look at it and make sure everything is in order (although based on your comments I'm guessing it's OK).

It sounds to me as if some of you are experiencing unusual behavior is Scratch Live. I'll ask the test team to have a dig around and see if they can replicate the strange behavior.

Most important is that you've all successfully unlocked your files. Cool.

I really appreciate everyone's patience in sorting out these problems. Thanks heaps!!
dj reel 2reel 1:06 AM - 12 March, 2009
I have a long list some came back after i downloaded them again but I can not delete the ones that say they are locked. will not accept my e-mail. very frustrated have a show thursday and don't want to miss any rocks for my peeps. dj reel2reel ( help)
dj reel 2reel 1:16 AM - 12 March, 2009
These are the songs that are still locked
Ain't I-Young Dro
Always Strapped-Birdman ft. Lil Wayne
Bartender-Unladylike
Beautiful-Akon
Camera Phone-The Game
I'm In Miami Bitch-Lmfao
Jumping Out THe Window-Ron Browz
Kiss Me Through The Phone-Soulja Boy
Magnificent-Rick Ross
Mafia Music-Rick Ross
Swag Surfin-F.L.Y.
I've downloaded these songs twice and they still do not play can you help me please
C-Nyl 6:03 AM - 12 March, 2009
Aey reel 2 reel, read my earlier post (about 17 post back) and see if that helps you out.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:57 PM - 12 March, 2009
dj reel 2reel,

I noticed that you made a comment in another thread. Are you still having problems unlocking the tracks you listed?
DJ PM 3:26 PM - 13 March, 2009
Quote:
These are the songs that are still locked
Ain't I-Young Dro
Always Strapped-Birdman ft. Lil Wayne
Bartender-Unladylike
Beautiful-Akon
Camera Phone-The Game
I'm In Miami Bitch-Lmfao
Jumping Out THe Window-Ron Browz
Kiss Me Through The Phone-Soulja Boy
Magnificent-Rick Ross
Mafia Music-Rick Ross
Swag Surfin-F.L.Y.
I've downloaded these songs twice and they still do not play can you help me please

I've downloaded the newest updates for serato, loaded and reload on serato, deleted and download all the tracks again w/no luck. one thing is that it never asked me for an email and I see it has to a lot of others. why is that?
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:47 PM - 15 March, 2009
DJ PM,

What version of Scratch Live are you using? If you're not using the latest stable version (currently 1.8.3) then I suggest you upgrade.

You can download the latest Scratch Live version here: scratchlive.net
laserbeak 11:20 PM - 16 March, 2009
I'm having the same problem as DJ PM. I'm using 1.8.3 and downloaded all the tracks again and still no luck. Here are the tracks that are locked for me:
I'm In Miami Bitch - LMFAO
Magnificent - Rick Ross
Kiss Me Through The Phone - Soulja Boy
Feel It - DJ Felli Fel
Johnny CaGe 1:22 AM - 17 March, 2009
None of my tracks are locked, and still; every time I start serato on mac or pc, it won't accept my email/password anymore, even though it has before, and I have not changed it since. I know it's correct cause I use it to log in to this forum.

I'm using serato 1.9b3 on all computers. And like I said, it has worked successfully before using this version.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 5:14 AM - 17 March, 2009
When you first add a locked track to your library a gray bar should appear across the top of your library track list that contains boxes to enter your email address and password. You need to enter this information and click the 'Unlock' button.

You only need to do this once. Scratch Live will remember that information and automatically unlock all locked tracks that you enter in the future.

laserbeak,

Could you explain your problem to me in more detail. Are you saying that you've added the tracks to your library but you've never been asked to enter your email address/password combination?

Johnny CaGe,

I don't quite understand what you're saying. You say "None of my tracks are locked". If that's the case then you shouldn't even see the email/password boxes.
DJ PM 1:14 PM - 17 March, 2009
Ok my problem is solved. I check and was using 1.8.3. so what I did was delete all the tracks that were locked.
went back and download 1.8.3 again. download the track to my pc that I deleted and played them, but this time it asked me for my info which it never did before. Put in the info and as I loaded each track that was locked it asked me to unlock it. It worked for me hopefully it works for you.
laserbeak 3:44 PM - 17 March, 2009
Chris, yes it prompts me to enter my email and password. I use SL on a standalone PC that my company wont let me hook up to the internet so I guess I will just have to deal. I guess my question is why are some tracks locked and others are not? I was under that impression that certain tracks just got encoded wrong before being posted for download on whitelabel. Sorry for the confusion.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 8:42 PM - 17 March, 2009
laserbeak,

Some Releases are only available to people in specific geographical regions. These tracks require unlocking.

We had a technical issue that meant that some tracks were locked that should not have been - this has been fixed. But there are some Releases that are locked and these will require an email address and password to unlock them.

As I said, you only need to enter your email address and password once. Scratch Live will remember this information and automatically unlock any locked tracks you add to your library in the future.

So, are you saying that everything is working OK for you now?
laserbeak 9:22 PM - 17 March, 2009
Chris, Everything is working now. I'm good to go. Thanks.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:36 PM - 17 March, 2009
Glad to hear it laserbeak, and thanks for letting me know.
DJ Urbane 12:04 AM - 26 March, 2009
well I haven't had anymore problems with locked tracks since I started this tread...but look like everyone is still.
Monte Carlo 7:54 PM - 29 March, 2009
Quote:
None of my tracks are locked, and still; every time I start serato on mac or pc, it won't accept my email/password anymore, even though it has before, and I have not changed it since. I know it's correct cause I use it to log in to this forum.

I'm using serato 1.9b3 on all computers. And like I said, it has worked successfully before using this version.

Ditto..
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:39 PM - 29 March, 2009
Monte Carlo,

Could you please explain your situation in more detail.

If, as you say, none of your tracks are locked then you shouldn't be prompted to enter your email address and password.

If there are specific tracks that are giving you problems then please let me know what they are.
Monte Carlo 6:47 PM - 30 March, 2009
Well mostly w/ Beta 1.9.2 for instance the track "Prom Queen" from Lil' Wayne unlocked itself fine when I plugged in my user and password into the interface. With the new beta version (b3), it's mysteriously 'locked' again. I understand that the release (b3) is 'Beta' but they should unlock if the previous version (b2) unlocked them as well. Yes/No?

These files include:
Birdman - Always Strapped feat. Lil Wayne (Dirty).wl
Dj Felli Fel - Feel It feat. T-Pain Sean Paul Flo Rida & Pitbull (Main).wl
F.L.Y. (Fast Life Yungstaz) - Swag Surfin (Main).wl
Lil Wayne - Prom Queen (Radio).wl
LMFAO - I'm In Miami Bitch (Dirty).wl
Rick Ross - Magnificent feat. John Legend (Main).wl
Ron Browz - Jumping (Out the Window) (Instrumental).wl
Ron Browz - Jumping (Out the Window) (MainClean).wl
Unladylike - Bartender.wl

Thanks Chris
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:20 PM - 30 March, 2009
Monte Carlo,

Yeah, that's a bit strange. Different versions of Scratch Live should use the same preferences file and, as you say, unlock files when you install a different version.

I'll talk to the Scratch Live developers about this.

But I'm still unsure of one thing: once you've entered your email address and password are the files correctly unlocked?
Monte Carlo 9:19 PM - 31 March, 2009
Beta 1.9.2 same files unlocked

Beta 1.9.3 same files locked and don't unlock.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:36 PM - 31 March, 2009
Monte Carlo,

Since your issue seems to be Scratch Live version specific I suggest you mention this in the appropriate forum area for the Scratch Live beta.

scratchlive.net
serato.com

My primary concern is the whitelabel files themselves and they seem to be OK.
Monte Carlo 9:41 PM - 31 March, 2009
Did that already.
CJD 12:26 AM - 21 May, 2009
Kiss me thru the phone By Soulja Boy is also locked any help?
Serato, Support
ChrisD 3:23 AM - 21 May, 2009
CJD,

If you're unable to unlock the track then try downloading it again and replace the file. You're definitely in the list that should be able to unlock the track.
djjoefresh 7:28 PM - 21 May, 2009
I'm having trouble unlocking one track, it's part of the Just Dance compilation that just went on Whitelabel, "She Came Along - Ecstasy of Club Mix" by Sharam and Kid Cudi. I've tried deleting it from SSL and redownloading it, but I can't seem to unlock it.
Serato
dave 9:43 PM - 21 May, 2009
Strange, that shouldn't be locked. Can you please upload that to www.serato.com or scratchlive.net/upload and we'll take a look.
Jason daHaus 2:14 AM - 22 May, 2009
I'm also having a problem with that file.
Serato
dave 2:26 AM - 22 May, 2009
OK. Can you please upload that to www.serato.com or www.scratchlive.net and we'll take a look.
ITCHY 7:26 PM - 22 May, 2009
Serato 1.9 wont let you unlock it.. i used 1.8.3 to unlock,, then it played it in 1.9..
DJ SuB XeRo 5:32 PM - 23 May, 2009
I'm having the same issues with the afforementioned files. I have Scratch Live 1.9 running, and some files are locked while others are unlocked. Tried the method of going to 1.8 but that wouldnt work either, they just dont show up.

I put in my email/password and nothing happens.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 3:56 AM - 25 May, 2009
OK, we've done some in house testing and have found a bug with Scratch Live 1.9.0 that effects your ability to unlock locked files.

The bug:
After entering your email address and password clicking the "Unlock" button has no effect

The workaround:
Enter your email address and password but, rather than clicking the "Unlock" button, make sure the cursor is placed in the password field and click the 'Enter/Return' key.

This bug only manifests itself in Scratch Live 1.9.0 (build no. 19035).
DJ STIL 9:45 PM - 28 May, 2009
Every time Serato Loads it tells me that I have so many tracks unlocked and prompts me for my email and password- but every time I do it's telling me that my email address is incorrect. It doesn't matter where the cursor is. When I installed the driver for the TM57 (which I think blows a big fat one- I work with a wireless external keyboard instead)- anyway it installed an 1.8 version instead of the latest. I reinstalled the latest version but no luck so I'll try and DL it from SSL instead of using the existing file in my hard drive.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 11:12 PM - 28 May, 2009
DJ STIL,

Your problems seem more related to Scratch Live rather than the Whitelabel files themselves.

I suggest you make a Help Request on serato.com or scratchlive.net and have the Support Team help you with your issues (you can use your same login and password):

serato.com
scratchlive.net
DJ STIL 11:50 PM - 28 May, 2009
Right on- I thought that would probably be the case, I tried downloading a fresh version but it didn't seem to make any difference so I'll definitely hit SSL up-

Thanks
DJ Victor 6:17 PM - 29 July, 2009
I am having a hard time unlocking a few songs and every time I enter my e-mail address as well as my password, it keeps saying e-mail address is incorrect. I have tried to re-download the song as suggested in the forum and still keeps giving the e-mail is incorrect message.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:53 PM - 29 July, 2009
Hi DJ Victor,

What particular tracks are you trying to unlock?

Also, what version of Scratch Live or ITCH are you using? If you're using Scratch Live 1.9 there's a known issue with unlocking tracks. This page www.whitelabel.net describes the issue and a workaround for it. Alternatively you could upgrade to Scratch Live 1.9.1 serato.com
DJ Six 4 9:11 AM - 6 August, 2009
I am having a issue with three songs off of of Fabolous - Loso's Way

tracks
Pachanga
Salute feat Lil Wayne
There he go feat Paul Cain, Red ...

I have tried the workaround as well and they are still not unlockng in serato
I am running 1.9.0 right now, should I get the 1.9.1?
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:54 PM - 6 August, 2009
DJ Six 4.

Those tracks shouldn't have been locked at all. So I re-encoded them and they're definitely not locked anymore.

Remove the tracks from your Scratch Live library then download the tracks again and replace your current files with the new ones. Re-add the tracks to your library and you should be good to go.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
DJ Six 4 7:12 AM - 8 August, 2009
No worries glitches happen thanks for the fast fix, I have them unlocked now!

Thanks!!!!
D kenny G. 10:52 PM - 14 October, 2009
same here what are yall doing!!!! make sure the bugs are worked out, cause you could mess up sombodys job and at 1500 a week you could make me look for ya so lets get this whitelabel togather quick!!1
Serato, Support
ChrisD 12:55 AM - 15 October, 2009
D kenny G.,

What are you trying to say? Are you having a problem with locked tracks? If so, tell me specifically which tracks you are having problems with.

Also, what version of ITCH or Scratch Live are you using? If you are using Scratch Live 1.9.0 then there's a known issue with unlocking Whitelabel tracks. You could either upgrade to the latest version of Scratch Live or read about a workaround here www.whitelabel.net.
djthedj35 5:01 AM - 22 October, 2009
why is it that when i download tracks the quality isnt good at all
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:23 PM - 22 October, 2009
Quote:
why is it that when i download tracks the quality isnt good at all

www.whitelabel.net
DJ Kapone 2:28 AM - 8 November, 2009
This song is locked from 50 Cent's edited cd ( Baby By Me feat. Ne-Yo (Edited).wl)
djjoefresh 6:48 AM - 8 November, 2009
Quote:
This song is locked from 50 Cent's edited cd ( Baby By Me feat. Ne-Yo (Edited).wl)

Same here.
C-Nyl 5:25 PM - 8 November, 2009
Yeah, same here.
C-Nyl 5:25 PM - 8 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Same here.

This song is locked and i have tried to delete and redownload but nothing happens.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:22 PM - 8 November, 2009
Sorry - 50 Cent "Baby By Me" should not have been locked.

I've re-encoded it and it's not locked any more. Download it again and you'll be good to go.
C-Nyl 4:32 AM - 9 November, 2009
Ok... cool...
djjoefresh 5:26 AM - 9 November, 2009
Thanks Chris!
C-Nyl 6:42 AM - 12 December, 2009
I just downloaded Robin Thickes album and the song "Jus Right" is locked. I deleted it and redownloaded and it the same thing... Just thought you should know...
Serato, Support
ChrisD 11:58 PM - 13 December, 2009
Oops - good spotting C-Nyl. Fixed now. Thanks for pointing this out.
NGBlake3 2:42 AM - 19 December, 2009
Buffalo Bill - Eminem is locked
CAW 2:58 AM - 19 December, 2009
With all these posts about 're-encoded to be unlocked', what is the criteria by which tracks are locked or unlocked in the first place? Is it just for control by distribution region (e.g., only allowed in select countries), or is it just label's choice?
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:19 PM - 20 December, 2009
Quote:
Buffalo Bill - Eminem is locked

Oops. Fixed now.
DJ Urbane 10:03 AM - 6 January, 2010
Discussion still going good .
DJ KillaGraham 4:28 PM - 21 January, 2010
I meant to post this a while ago but I haven't played these out till recently:

Lullaby - Fabolous
Stay feat. Marsha Ambrosius - Fabolous
Baby By Me feat. Ne-Yo (Edited) - 50 Cent
DJ KillaGraham 4:28 PM - 21 January, 2010
*those are locked for me
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:12 PM - 21 January, 2010
DJ KillaGraham,

If you download those tracks again and replace your current files with the new ones they won't be locked.

DJ KillaGraham 1:22 AM - 22 January, 2010
@Chris Thanks man!
DJ KillaGraham 1:22 AM - 22 January, 2010
It's cool!
dj dirty luv 12:14 AM - 23 January, 2010
Hello, I'm having a serious lock problem with the whitelablel downloads. Black Dada all the way down to the melonia fiona songs. Can anyone help me. Its says that that my username is incorrect, however it's the same one i use to log into the serato site.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:33 PM - 24 January, 2010
Hi dj dirty luv.

Try downloading the files again - I just checked them and they're not locked for me.

If you find any files that are still locked can you please tell me exactly which track(s) are still like this.
dj dirty luv 5:32 AM - 25 January, 2010
Hey Chris, Thanks for working with me on this issue. However it still persist. When I open Serato, and it goes to unlock the files from whitelabel.net. it tells me that my email address is incorrect, however it's the sameone I continue to use for this site. and it's always been the same. Is there a way for to fix this problem. may i remove that line out of the program?
dj dirty luv 6:07 AM - 25 January, 2010
I went as far as to unistall the serato program and re-install it, only to have the issue persist.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 11:13 AM - 25 January, 2010
There are very few Releases that use the locking feature but there have been some Releases that were accidentally locked. The Releases that were accidentally locked have had their tracks re-encoded so that they're no longer locked.

You'll most likely find that if you download the tracks again and replace the older files with the new ones then the problem will go away.

I suggest that you remove the current locked tracks from your library, re-download the tracks, replace the files on your hard drive with the new ones, then add the tracks back into your library.

If that doesn't fix the problem then please tell me exactly which tracks are still locked for you so that I can check them (ie. please tell me artist and track name + remix version, instrumental etc).
dj dirty luv 1:06 AM - 28 January, 2010
Hey Chris! Thanks, the last issue would be jus rite by Robin Thicke.
C-Nyl 3:18 PM - 26 February, 2010
The song "School Gyrls- Like A Party (Ralphi Rosario Dub)" is locked...
K.S 4:07 PM - 18 November, 2011
The song "love a woman feat beyonce" off mary j blige album is locked....I did everything you said to unlock it but it didn't work please help!!!
K.S 4:10 PM - 18 November, 2011
also "need someone" and "someone to love me off mary's album is locked also!!!
Rob Cacioppo 9:20 PM - 18 November, 2011
I have the same problem as K.S. all three of the Mary J songs are locked
Logisticalstyles 1:58 AM - 19 November, 2011
Same here. Mary J Blige - "Someone to Love Me." = Locked
Serato, Support
ChrisD 7:39 AM - 19 November, 2011
Sorry dudes, I've re-encoded the Mary J tracks and they're no longer locked.

Remove them from your library, delete the files, download them again and then add them back into your library.

K.S 12:58 AM - 20 November, 2011
STILL DOESn't WOrk....I Did Everything you said but it still comes up as my email address is incorrect.....HELP THX
Serato, Support
ChrisD 8:34 PM - 20 November, 2011
K.S, which tracks specifically don't work.
K.S 3:22 AM - 21 November, 2011
love a woman feat beyonce.....need someone" and "someone to love me off mary's album.....
Serato, Support
ChrisD 4:05 AM - 21 November, 2011
I tested those files and they are definitely no longer locked.

As I said, remove the tracks from your library, delete the existing files, download the tracks again and then add them back into your library.
DJ VIC-OGONE 7:24 PM - 21 November, 2011
chrisD i having the same i downloading some songs and there locked out i putting my email and password but it telling me that i have a bad email address is incorrect.what can i do?
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:03 PM - 21 November, 2011
Please tell me which tracks are locked DJ VIC-OGONE. I can't test them unless I know which tracks are causing problems for you.
eric rosario 7:57 AM - 5 December, 2011
How do you erase a track from the serato play list...I do press delete and control like it says to do but nothing happens...
DJ-Muzik 4:44 PM - 6 December, 2011
Hey Chris, I'm having the problem with Mary J Blige Love a woman, need someone and someone to love
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:46 PM - 6 December, 2011
Hi DJ-Muzik .

Those tracks were accidentally locked when the release first went out some weeks back. But I re-encoded them and they're OK now.

Remove the tracks from your library, delete the files, download them again and add them back into your library.
DJ Soup 11:50 PM - 6 December, 2011
Hey ChrisD,

Can you unlock the new Nero album that just went up. 'Must Be The Feeling' is locked and that's the one I really want to play of course. Thanks.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 12:11 AM - 7 December, 2011
Fixed now DJ Soup. Thanks for letting me know.
DJCross1971 12:17 AM - 28 February, 2012
Is there a way that I can locate locked files within Itch or Windows 7? Itch says I have 2 locked files and it's not accepting my whitelabel pw/login to unlock them. I need to delete them but have no idea which ones they are since i have obviously not tried to play them yet and i have to many songs to go thru to try to load them one by one in order to find them.
DJCross1971 12:52 AM - 28 February, 2012
Nevermind... finally figured it out... found the files, deleted, re-downloaded, and everthing seems fine.
Rob Conner 1:56 AM - 22 March, 2012
I am unable to unlock Madonna's Give Me All Your Luvin' (featuring LMFAO & Nicki Minaj) (Party Rock Remix). Thank you!
Serato, Support
ChrisD 4:14 AM - 22 March, 2012
Fixed now Rob Conner.

Download the track again and it won't be locked.

Thanks for the heads up.
LA Raves 1:58 AM - 1 April, 2012
Quote:
I am unable to unlock Madonna's Give Me All Your Luvin' (featuring LMFAO & Nicki Minaj) (Party Rock Remix). Thank you!

Isnt it M.I.A. and madonna? There's an LMFAO version?

Or did you mix up the two different artists with abbreviated names?
TEEMAN 9:43 PM - 14 July, 2012
just a question how can i find out which song is locked i cant seem to locate it in my files i got the 1 song is locked message above the song list w/ the email & password boxes
dj dirty luv 9:12 PM - 5 November, 2014
that is a good question I have 2 songs myself that are still locked. Please keep me posted on the resolution to this matter.
on the move 2:05 AM - 13 December, 2014
me too can't unlock ,keep saying wrong pass word