Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Thinking of upgrading to Serato DJ

Otama 1:00 PM - 2 March, 2014
However I am a bit concerned, I know Serato doesn't support AMD processors which is what I am currently using. I have only used Serato DJ Intro for a day now but seems to run fine. Should I expect the same results with Serato DJ when and if I do decide to upgrade?
Felonyruckus 4:34 AM - 11 March, 2014
Don't do it because the next thing you will be doing is complaining and asking why it doesn't work. You've read it and said it yourself you have an AMD processor that isn't supported by Serato.
Otama 7:18 AM - 11 March, 2014
Thanks for the response.

I've read quite a few post with users running Serato with an AMD processor and as I stated Serato intro from what I've seen works flawlessly.

I have an AMD A10-5750M 2.5ghz processor. I don't plan on playing out using this set up so it wouldn't be detrimental to have performance issues at times. I realize no one can make any promises just hoping someone may have some insightful information. I seen that Serato also released a .dll file that was missing on some AMD users PC's which leads me there must be some kind of support for "cheap/thrifty" shoppers such as myself.

What are the main differences between Serato intro and Serato DJ? Is it that much more CPU intensive compared to Intro? Is the issue with Serato itself or a specific version of serato? Just don't understand why I wouldn't expect DJ to work when Intro does. I know I could be way off base but logically speaking I believe most people would assume it would as well.
Felonyruckus 5:34 AM - 12 March, 2014
Serato is very CPU intensive. There are a ton of features that aren't on DJ Intro...your best bet which I forgot to mention, is to do the 14 day free trial of Serato DJ and see how it runs. I think that is the safest way to find out how it works on your PC. I think you will find that you will have so many different options using Serato DJ as opposed to Intro. If it works flawless during the trial then awesome!

Good luck let me know how it work out.
Otama 9:16 AM - 12 March, 2014
Outstanding did not realize there was a trial version of Serato DJ. I will give it a test run when I get some spare time, keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I most certainly will and thank you again.