Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

SmashVidz Requests - VJ-Pro.com

AddPop 5:43 AM - 25 February, 2014
Since there doesn't seem to be a Smash Vidz request area, I thought I would add one. Let's keep the dance floor fresh and let them know what we want!
Maskrider 10:45 PM - 25 February, 2014
Somebody already started one like this..
djpuma_gemini 4:43 PM - 26 February, 2014
also, best to just email them directly for their requests. It would take them longer to do it here, since it's not their forum and they don't have to check it all the time.
They're good guys and will gladly listen to your requests.
marx 4:48 PM - 26 February, 2014
We encourage it all. If you want to post requests here feel free :)
djpuma_gemini 7:23 PM - 26 February, 2014
Oh, good to know. My bad.
Maskrider 12:26 AM - 27 February, 2014
Ok Chevelle - The Red
AddPop 2:42 AM - 27 February, 2014
Beyonce- Flawless

Ghostland Observatory - Sad Sad City
DJMark 2:58 AM - 27 February, 2014
Beyonce "Grown Woman" could use good edits (and HD availability).

Ditto for Beyonce/Slim Thug "Check On It" and the Ja Rule remix of JLo "I'm Real".
Doug Howard 12:55 PM - 28 February, 2014
We need a fresh thread anyway. The other one is an encyclopedia at this point. We will gladly review requests, comments, suggestions, and even discussions on the laws of physics anyway you want to get them to us. But it's true... through the site or email is the quickest.

Thanks all for your support. Truly proud to have you as clients.

Doug H.
DJ Baby Boy 1:05 PM - 28 February, 2014
Lighter Shade of Brown - Latin Active
NBK - Down For Yours
Shades - Tell Me

I have copies of each of those but would like to see some more clean copies if possible
Robb Royale 8:04 PM - 28 February, 2014
Quote:
Lighter Shade of Brown - Latin Active
NBK - Down For Yours
Shades - Tell Me

+1
djpuma_gemini 8:46 PM - 28 February, 2014
latin active doesn't exist (clean copy anyway)
DJMark 10:37 PM - 28 February, 2014
Kings of Leon "Use Somebody" intro edit: goes way off beat when the vocal comes in.
DJ Baby Boy 3:44 AM - 1 March, 2014
@Puma I found a pretty decent copy of it on my12inch so there's got to be a good source out there somewhere if they have it
Doug Howard 3:12 PM - 1 March, 2014
On that DJMark….

FYI everyone… if we don't reply immediately in here, that doesn't mean we aren't on something. And remember that the fastest way to hit us up with requests is… requests@vj-pro.com (we even installed an app on the release listings for Tool Requests) We do check in here, but again… this isn't our board.

Thanks

D
djpuma_gemini 7:59 AM - 2 March, 2014
Quote:
@Puma I found a pretty decent copy of it on my12inch so there's got to be a good source out there somewhere if they have it

Hmm, my12inch has some gems. They also have rodney o and some Hi-C. I wish I knew where they get there videos from.
DJMark 6:29 PM - 2 March, 2014
Quote:
Hmm, my12inch has some gems. They also have rodney o and some Hi-C. I wish I knew where they get there videos from.

Has their quality gotten any better lately, and have they stopped using the big ugly Marker Felt font chyrons?
djpuma_gemini 11:00 PM - 3 March, 2014
NO idea. I've never been a part of their pool, I've just seen their videos.
ClubBusta 1:16 PM - 6 March, 2014
loving the throwbacks from vjpro keep it coming
djpuma_gemini 6:05 PM - 11 March, 2014
Thanks for the edits this past week.

Question,
before I drop a credit on the Luniz are you guys making a HD version of that one?

Thanks.
marx 6:56 PM - 11 March, 2014
Quote:
Thanks for the edits this past week.

Question,
before I drop a credit on the Luniz are you guys making a HD version of that one?

Thanks.

Unfortunately not :/
djpuma_gemini 8:10 PM - 11 March, 2014
Ok, good to know.
Thanks.
Will grab those then.
DJ Baby Boy 11:47 PM - 11 March, 2014
One thing that I didn't realize until after I spent he credit is the dirty isn't the dirty version
Doug Howard 5:39 PM - 12 March, 2014
Baby Boy…. hit us up on that title. If it is incorrectly listed we will be on it. Also give us your login so we can set your credits right.
Doug Howard 5:41 PM - 12 March, 2014
Oh…. probably doesn't need to be said, but do NOT leave your login here… hit us at info@vj-pro.com

Thanks!
Dj TopDonn 2:40 AM - 13 March, 2014
Can we get Ledisi - I Blame You.

Thanks.
Code:E 3:30 AM - 13 March, 2014
Miley Cyrus vs. Cedric Gervais - Adore You (Remix) [Official Video]
DJ Steve R. 10:32 PM - 13 March, 2014
En Vogue - Hold On
Sybil - Don't Make Me Over

Gracias
Doug Howard 4:43 PM - 16 March, 2014
On it… on it!

BTW, great to see everyone apparently working their a$$e$ off this St Patrick's Day weekend. Our servers are absolutely sweating! Kudos to all of our clients!

D
Marine 12:47 AM - 20 March, 2014
groove armada - i see you baby

down aka kilo - lean like a cholo

xtendz snipz please
Marine 3:10 PM - 20 March, 2014
Sean Paul- I'm still in love

xtendz snipz
Culprit 11:26 PM - 20 March, 2014
My12inch for sure is connected to atlantic records
DJ Baby Boy 11:30 AM - 21 March, 2014
Take it like a playa by Johnny P Do or Die & Scarface and also Emotions by Twista would be appreciated if you guys could get those
Robb Royale 3:09 PM - 21 March, 2014
Maxwell - Ascension
Musiq Soulchild - Just Friends
djpuma_gemini 5:35 PM - 21 March, 2014
^working on that grown and sexy set. Ladies love those songs/videos.
djpuma_gemini 5:37 PM - 21 March, 2014
Thanks for all the throwbacks this week.
Rebelguy 10:57 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:
Maxwell - Ascension
Musiq Soulchild - Just Friends

+1
Dj ListenDat 4:16 PM - 26 July, 2014
Glamma Kid ft Shola Ama-Taboo (Stargate Mix) please please please
Frankie Glasses 6:19 PM - 28 July, 2014
Just curious if you guys will be doing shorter edits of the singles in the future....Kinda like snipz but of the single version. Just to save some HD space.
Frozone 12:08 AM - 30 July, 2014
I'm looking for some 80's house traxx.

Request: Extendz version of Ten City - Thats the way love is
Extendz version of Adeva - Respect ( don't know if theres a video for this one )

Keep up the great work guys!
DJMark 9:35 PM - 3 August, 2014
Alcatraz - Give Me Luv [Club]

Someone snuck an extra beat into the intro somewhere (I think it's going into the second 8-bar part of the intro).

Thalia ft Fat Joe - I Want You [Xtendz]

Can we get an edit without the "Baby" vocals on the intro? It's a little awkward to work with as it is now.
DJ GOODFOOT 12:03 AM - 4 August, 2014
The Frontline - Bang It

Watchwww.youtube.com
djpuma_gemini 7:54 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
The Frontline - Bang It

Watchwww.youtube.com

Yay Area!!
Can we get 18 dummy by the federation.
Dj ListenDat 9:01 AM - 6 August, 2014
Watchwww.youtube.com

Ying Yang Twins ft. Big Gipp & Manish Man - By Myself
Dj ListenDat 1:24 PM - 21 August, 2014
DMX ft. Swizz Beats - Get It On The Floor
Dj ListenDat 5:35 PM - 21 August, 2014
Watchwww.youtube.com

Missy Elliott ft. Nicole Wray & MC Solaar - All N My Grill
DJMark 12:51 AM - 23 August, 2014
Someone was having a bad day when Blackout Allstars edits were done:

The house mix (Xtendz) is in mono.

The single mix of the latin version starts with a nasty digital glitch.
Dj ListenDat 11:29 AM - 23 August, 2014
Do you think they come visit this thread ?
djnak 7:46 PM - 23 August, 2014
Quote:

Umm...this is a thread for Smashvidz requests....and Marx and Doug Howard have frequently replied to posts in this thread...so I would say yes.....
Smash Vision 8:46 PM - 23 August, 2014
Quote:

Ying Yang Twins ft. Big Gipp & Manish Man - By Myself

- We have been unable to find HQ audio for the video version. If we ever do we will post.

DMX ft. Swizz Beats - Get It On The Floor

- Programmed

- Programmed

Smash Vision 8:47 PM - 23 August, 2014
Quote:
Someone was having a bad day when Blackout Allstars edits were done:

The house mix (Xtendz) is in mono.

The single mix of the latin version starts with a nasty digital glitch.

We'll Look into this, thanks for the heads up.
Dj ListenDat 11:45 AM - 24 August, 2014
grooveshark.com!/search/song?q=Ying+Yang+Twins+By+Myself+(Instrumental)
Dj ListenDat 11:46 AM - 24 August, 2014
hard to find better one in fact :(
DJ Remix Detroit 1:46 AM - 25 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Umm...this is a thread for Smashvidz requests....and Marx and Doug Howard have frequently replied to posts in this thread...so I would say yes.....

And they have frequently told ppl that they would prefer requests to be emailed to them directly too. Lol... Im just saying
DJMark 8:06 AM - 25 August, 2014
As a customer, I'd prefer such requests/discussion be public. For one thing, there's the benefit of alerting others to a possible problem. Not everyone gets to audition everything in advance.

No one is disparaging SV/VJ-Pro, they've always been known to be hardworking stand-up people who quickly fix the occasional issues that can happen to anyone with the kind of workload they have.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:38 PM - 25 August, 2014
^ i dont think its an issue of not wanting to use this public forum as a means to accept requests and feedback... I think its more along the lines of them wanting to make sure feedback and requests dont get overlooked....And sending it directly to them can greatly minimize the chance of that happening.

There is nothing stopping members from sending them an email and making a post on this thread in addition so others can see too.

VJ pro & smash vision by far has the some of the best and honest customer service of any company out there. And im pretty sure they have every intention of staying that way.
djpuma_gemini 3:41 PM - 25 August, 2014
It's also the fact that we're using a different forum to talk about a product.
I don't think serato feels Vj-Pro is not adhering to the rules as a regular joe from the serato forums posted this and not the smash team.
It's great for discussion, but I'm sure an email to them wouldn't hurt at all. They're great peeps and quick to respond.
marx 5:15 PM - 25 August, 2014
Direct contact is great, but convenience wise, if its better for you to post here by all means do so...there just might be a bit of delay.
Dj ListenDat 3:33 PM - 11 September, 2014
VJ-PRO is now offering 540p vidz. Just to know. Have you given up 720p for new clips ? It's to know if i renew my subscription or not
marx 5:45 PM - 11 September, 2014
Quote:
VJ-PRO is now offering 540p vidz. Just to know. Have you given up 720p for new clips ? It's to know if i renew my subscription or not

Not a replacement at all, you're going to see some interesting in the coming weeks ;)

Also checkout more details here towards the bottom of the thread, we've gone over some details on the qHD format.

serato.com
marx 6:00 PM - 11 September, 2014
*interesting things
Dj ListenDat 6:11 PM - 11 September, 2014
I would have liked for example the latest kid ink Rollin in HD.....
marx 7:08 PM - 11 September, 2014
Quote:
I would have liked for example the latest kid ink Rollin in HD.....

They'll be coming, no worries there :)
djpuma_gemini 9:29 PM - 11 September, 2014
Have to be patient and it also depends on what the labels get them.
Not all labels push our pro-res content with 20K bitrates to them.
That kid ink in 540p looks pretty good to me.
Code:E 10:39 PM - 11 September, 2014
So whats this qHD? Is it Quasi HD. Kinda HD but not really?
djnak 11:41 PM - 11 September, 2014
Quote:

scroll up....
djnak 11:42 PM - 11 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

scroll up....

my bad wrong thread...
Go to the bottom of this one...
serato.com
Dj ListenDat 8:52 AM - 12 September, 2014
Quote:

Viewing the resolution it's 960x540 so it's between SD 640x360 and HD 1280x720

HD videos are generally 5000kbit/s which is sufficient to enjoy nice looking video clips. Higher framerate are more useful for movies which requires maximum visual quality and which are also filmed with better quality cameras.

The qHD has the same frame rate from what i've seen that SD videos;around 3000kbps. So yes qHD it's like a better SD but still not an HD.........
Dj ListenDat 10:19 AM - 12 September, 2014
I'd like to request :

Faith Evans ft. Missy Elliott & Sharaya J - I Deserve It

Tyga - Real Deal
Dj ListenDat 10:25 AM - 12 September, 2014
On VJ-PRO is there a way to redownload all the video i have already downloaded ? I would like to recompress some videos i had taken which had loss quality because of bad settings. But i would like to be able to do that quickly as handbrake can handle batch converting
popnwave 10:34 AM - 12 September, 2014
You don't keep your originals??
Dj ListenDat 10:57 AM - 12 September, 2014
i used to keep the original but one day i decided to stop keeping it as i was almost sure i wouldn't use the files anymore :(........i was mistaking.................
djpuma_gemini 3:40 PM - 12 September, 2014
One thing I've learned is I always keep my originals.
If I have a vob from 4 years ago that I've edited for many video edits, I still have that vob just in case I need it or if there's a better/newer way to ivtc or upconvert that bad boy.
Dj ListenDat 6:35 PM - 12 September, 2014
Quote:
One thing I've learned is I always keep my originals.
If I have a vob from 4 years ago that I've edited for many video edits, I still have that vob just in case I need it or if there's a better/newer way to ivtc or upconvert that bad boy.

Yes definitely ! I hope staff will be able to answer me and hope it's possible..........

I had modified all the 640x480 to 640x360. I know it look wider but it's fine for me. So i would need to recompress all with a better setting and i don't want to have to search each song i had downloaded one by one it would take toooooooo longggg
djnak 10:11 PM - 12 September, 2014
Quote:

I had modified all the 640x480 to 640x360. I know it look wider but it's fine for me.

SMH....try and use mix emergency and turn on border fill....so when you play a 640 x 480 video it will blur the side giving you a widescreen effect without messing up the aspect ratio....
DJMark 10:38 PM - 12 September, 2014
Sorry if this seems rude but....

What exactly is the criteria for someone to be listed as a "Tech Mate" on this forum?

I've never thought much about it before, but this thread has me seriously wondering.
DJ DisGrace 11:45 PM - 12 September, 2014
I would have to agree that recompressing videos is a bad choice. Recompressing SmashVidz videos is a VERY bad choice.
nik39 12:50 AM - 13 September, 2014
Quote:

What exactly is the criteria for someone to be listed as a "Tech Mate" on this forum?

There used to be a process you had to go through. Esp you had to prove you know the tech stuff about Serato's DJ software, like SSL and Itch.
Dj ListenDat 5:58 PM - 13 September, 2014
Quote:

I've never thought much about it before, but this thread has me seriously wondering.

Lool is that an attack ?

I was given this status cause i helped a lot the PC users to make then Serato Video work on PC.....make some search on this forum.....i also explained Serato a few things about intel quick sync......

You can be an expert in networking and firewalling but be crap at sound engineering for example....... I find you a bit unfair to judge just cause of the discussion about recompressing files...........it doesn't make all the thing...........
Dj ListenDat 6:00 PM - 13 September, 2014
DJ MARK i have a question for you as you're a pro :

If i take a 720p file and compress it 10 times to 720p i may have loss in quality. If i compress it again and again 100 times will i be able to notice a difference between the 10th and 100th times ?

ps : this is a serious question
Dj ListenDat 6:04 PM - 13 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I had modified all the 640x480 to 640x360. I know it look wider but it's fine for me.

SMH....try and use mix emergency and turn on border fill....so when you play a 640 x 480 video it will blur the side giving you a widescreen effect without messing up the aspect ratio....

Thank you. I m new to ME I was pc user before. I hope there is a way to get all the videos I have already downloaded back quickly on vjpro. Hope they will give a positive answer. As when you re logged it recognizes the videos you already have I guess it s possible
Rebelguy 7:23 PM - 13 September, 2014
You get two downloads. did you download it multiple times?
Dj ListenDat 7:28 PM - 13 September, 2014
Quote:
You get two downloads. did you download it multiple times?

just one but i would like not to have to look for all the clips i had downloaded which weren't 16:9
marx 10:37 PM - 13 September, 2014
Quote:
On VJ-PRO is there a way to redownload all the video i have already downloaded ?

No not at this time. But a feature like this will be available by the end of the year. It's going be called something along the lines of "backup rescue". Details will be announced once it's available.

For now I would just go backwards and reference your green already downloaded check marks.

Hit me up directly about credits and such.

marx at smashvision.com
popnwave 5:27 AM - 14 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
On VJ-PRO is there a way to redownload all the video i have already downloaded ?

No not at this time. But a feature like this will be available by the end of the year. It's going be called something along the lines of "backup rescue". Details will be announced once it's available.

For now I would just go backwards and reference your green already downloaded check marks.

Hit me up directly about credits and such.

marx at smashvision.com

Marx, you guys are almost too nice at times.
DJMark 10:08 AM - 14 September, 2014
Quote:
is that an attack

No. I was seriously wondering partly because you seemed confused about what frame rate and bit rates are.

I've never re-compressed a video file 10 times, let alone 100, so I can't specifically answer that question. I assume after 100 passes it would look and sound considerably degraded.
Maskrider 5:32 PM - 14 September, 2014
Vj-pro website are having issues
marx 6:33 PM - 14 September, 2014
Go directly to www.vj-pro.net
Dj ListenDat 9:34 AM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
is that an attack

No. I was seriously wondering partly because you seemed confused about what frame rate and bit rates are.

I've never re-compressed a video file 10 times, let alone 100, so I can't specifically answer that question. I assume after 100 passes it would look and sound considerably degraded.

I don't remember where i could have made you think so. I remember of my explanation between compressing file and compressing audio which it seems i had a bad vision about.
Nevertheless i'm still convinced that it's not easy to see or hear the difference between a source video and a recompressed one but with the same bitrate and which was recompressed with a good software which uses greats algorithms. I'm also convinced that some videos weren't natively recorded with the best video material ever and even if they have a big bitrate they look like lower bitrate ones and that is why we can easily recompress them to gain space. I'm pretty sure it's the thinking vjpro had to start making the 540p clips...............

As i was writing this i realized i may have sometimes written framerate instead of bitrate and vice versa..........again i'm french so my english is not perfect making it even harder not to make faults when i write.......so it's sure it may sometimes has been confusing.......

What about learning to be kinder to each other on this forum and let the ego out ?

Peace

++
nik39 3:02 PM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:
I'm also convinced that some videos weren't natively recorded with the best video material ever and even if they have a big bitrate they look like lower bitrate ones and that is why we can easily recompress them to gain space.

No, that is wrong.

Every recompression to a lossy (non predictable, and this is what we are dealing here with) format will degrade the quality.

Whether it is perceivable by everyone or not is a different question. ;)

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's the thinking vjpro had to start making the 540p clips.

Recompression? I don't think so. I assume they are doing that to better match the resolution the original source, which makes sense. You should try to avoid scaling as much as possible.

Imagine you have a source video with 540p, with alternating black and white lines (270 white and 270 black lines=. These lines will be clear and sharp. If you scale this once to 720 you will lose the sharpness. Black and white lines will not alternate! Lines will not be clear and sharp. Now scale again from 720 to 540 - you will *not* end up with the original black-white-alternating pictures you started with.

Only scale *once*! Let ME do that at the end of the pipeline so that you can preserve as much quality as possible.
Dj ListenDat 3:30 PM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:
Whether it is perceivable by everyone or not is a different question. ;)

But that's the point !! As there is compression, there is for sure loss ! I totally agree ! But regarsing the usage of the clips as a vj, is this loss that much visible ? It reminds be a bit of some audio brands that are proud to outline the big frequency range of some headphones for example :

Sony XBA-C10 www.sony.co.uk --> Frequency response: 5 Hz – 25 kHz

Westone UM3XRC www.westoneaudio.com --> Frequency response: 20 Hz - 18 kHz

Here the Sony's may appear having a wider range etc....but it's bullshit compare to the westone's ( i owned both ) which is high end

A frequency and bitrate deep analysis will certainly show the recompressed clip has lost quality but in terms of human eye and ear it's another stuff.

Each person has its sensitivity and can be satisfied with its parameters. It's like the bluray rip discussion. A 1080P bluray will definitely be better than the compressed H264/AAC 1080p rip version. But for most of the people looking at both on a 40" TV, it will be hard to tell the difference................

Regarding

Regarding the 540p take both 540p and 720p versions of a clip. You will be able to confirm 720p version looks better (take Kid Ink - Rollin for example (i'm thinking of it cause i had asked for the 720p version and cause he's coming tonight in the club where i'm djing). So IMO the 540p is really here to offer a better quality than 640x360 and a file shorter than the 720p version which may not be worthing spending the disk space regarding the quality of the source clip as nowadays not all the hd clips have the same visual quality even if they may have same bitrate
Dj ListenDat 3:32 PM - 15 September, 2014
@SmashVidz i would like :

M.O.P. - Ante Up Remix ft. Busta Rhymes, Teflon, Remy Martin

Watchwww.youtube.com

It's a classic
nik39 3:40 PM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:
Regarding the 540p take both 540p and 720p versions of a clip. You will be able to confirm 720p version looks better (take Kid Ink - Rollin for example (i'm thinking of it cause i had asked for the 720p version and cause he's coming tonight in the club where i'm djing). So IMO the 540p is really here to offer a better quality than 640x360 and a file shorter than the 720p version which may not be worthing spending the disk space regarding the quality of the source clip as nowadays not all the hd clips have the same visual quality even if they may have same bitrate

I think you missed the point. I was getting at the question whether scaling makes sense or not.

How can 720 look better than 540 if 540 was the original source (given you just change the dimensions)? It can't.

To me it sounds like two different issues are being mixed up.

1. quality loss caused by recompression in general (it doesn't matter if you are up/down/through converting)

2. quality loss caused by resizing.
Dj ListenDat 3:55 PM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I think you missed the point. I was getting at the question whether scaling makes sense or not.

How can 720 look better than 540 if 540 was the original source (given you just change the dimensions)? It can't.

To me it sounds like two different issues are being mixed up.

1. quality loss caused by recompression in general (it doesn't matter if you are up/down/through converting)

2. quality loss caused by resizing.

Ok my bad. We are agreed. I hadn't understood well
Smash Vision 5:48 AM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

It's a classic

This is qued up to be posted, just waiting on the original version to be digitized so we can release both at the same time.
Dj ListenDat 9:24 AM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

It's a classic

This is qued up to be posted, just waiting on the original version to be digitized so we can release both at the same time.

Good :) thanks
slimmjimm 3:52 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

It's a classic

Busta only snipz please!
marx 5:18 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

It's a classic

Busta only snipz please!

Or you could Flip it :) But no problemo.
nik39 5:23 PM - 16 September, 2014
Flip sounds sooo good.. but you have to remember that a flipped track will have absolutely sharp cuts. This may sound very weird if you have a rap part which goes a bit after the end of a full bar, and the rap of the next flipped part starts a bit before the full bar. With a manual edit you can blend over parts. This does not work with flips :(
marx 5:29 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Flip sounds sooo good.. but you have to remember that a flipped track will have absolutely sharp cuts. This may sound very weird if you have a rap part which goes a bit after the end of a full bar, and the rap of the next flipped part starts a bit before the full bar. With a manual edit you can blend over parts. This does not work with flips :(

But of course, but I'd bet it'd work with about 70% of tracks. Snipz isn't obsolete yet! hahaha.
slimmjimm 8:03 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Or you could Flip it :) But no problemo.

Actually forgot about flip, but since I don't use my VCI-380 a whole lot, I'd need it for when I'm running SSL.
nik39 9:59 PM - 16 September, 2014
Oh yeah... what about the SL users who don't trust SDJ yet?
DJMark 10:09 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Oh yeah... what about the SL users who don't trust SDJ yet?
DJMark 10:12 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Snipz isn't obsolete yet!

Neither is Scratch Live.

As far as Snipz though, I really don't have much use for them except for this kind of situation where they feature one performer. The only "Bossy" I ever use is the Too $hort Snipz, for example....
marx 10:31 PM - 16 September, 2014
True indeed. I know a couple that have transitioned. How's your results been Nik39?
nik39 12:00 AM - 17 September, 2014
Not everything from SL is ready in SDJ yet. But I would say SDJ 1.7 was a big step towards that goal. Plus I had two successful video gigs with SDJ+ME. Millz was my guest, he can confirm ;)
Dj ListenDat 1:29 AM - 17 September, 2014
Watchwww.youtube.com

Dj SpinKing Ft. Tyga, Jeremih, Velous - Adult Swim

With Xtendz version please if possible :)
Dj ListenDat 10:39 AM - 17 September, 2014
Can we also have 720p version for :
The Game ft Too $hort, Problem, AV n Eric Bellinger Or Nah
Dj ListenDat 10:59 AM - 17 September, 2014
August Alsina ft. Nicki Minaj - No Love (Remix)
Dj ListenDat 3:24 PM - 19 September, 2014
Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
DJ Steve R. 7:47 PM - 19 September, 2014
Craig David - 7 Days porfavor
nik39 8:38 PM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)

C'mon.. you've been posting mainstream tracks... I am sure they will arrive soon on VJ PRo ;)
nik39 8:39 PM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
Craig David - 7 Days porfavor

Oh yeah.. please also upload the Remix with Fat Joe, and the DJ Premier remix :)
Dj ListenDat 10:40 AM - 20 September, 2014
kelis - caught Xtendz
Dj ListenDat 10:40 AM - 20 September, 2014
Kelis - Caught out there (Xtendz)
Smash Vision 7:17 AM - 25 September, 2014
Craig David - 7 Days - Will be up soon
Kelis - Caught out there - Waiting for source file to be digitized

Quote:
Oh yeah.. please also upload the Remix with Fat Joe, and the DJ Premier remix :)

Sorry, no official video for those.
Dj ListenDat 9:07 AM - 25 September, 2014
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks
Dj ListenDat 11:01 AM - 1 October, 2014
Juicy J Feat. Future & A$AP Ferg - Ice

Watchwww.youtube.com
Robb Royale 2:01 PM - 1 October, 2014
Naughty By Nature - Jamboree
Millz 2:26 PM - 1 October, 2014
Good request Robb :)
RnBDJkb 6:24 PM - 2 October, 2014
I would love a good video copy of Malcom McLaren "Buffalo Gals" HD.
Excuse this if already been requested, thx.
popnwave 6:32 PM - 2 October, 2014
Quote:
I would love a good video copy of Malcom McLaren "Buffalo Gals" HD.
Excuse this if already been requested, thx.

1982 video in HD? I doubt anyone has a master better than a 1" tape. HD is just going to stretch it out and expose an already cheap looking video.

Not that I don't love the song but sheesh.
Maskrider 6:23 PM - 3 October, 2014
lol
Country Boy 6:35 PM - 3 October, 2014
Ice Cube - You Can Do It
Smash Vision 9:48 AM - 4 October, 2014
Hey guys,

Updates for the following:

Source Requested - Juicy J Feat. Future & A$AP Ferg - Ice
Added To Programming - Naughty By Nature - Jamboree
Source Requested - Malcom McLaren - Buffalo Gals
Added To Programming - Ice Cube - You Can Do It
Dj ListenDat 11:38 AM - 4 October, 2014
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thank you

Could you also request Blackstreet boys - Don't leave me

please ?
Dj ListenDat 12:10 PM - 4 October, 2014
Bobby Shmurda - Hot Boy [Xtendz] - HD
Robb Royale 11:55 PM - 6 October, 2014
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thank you!
DJ Steve R. 3:56 PM - 7 October, 2014
Quote:

Quote:

Thx for the Craig David!!!

New Request...

Ginuwine - Hell Yeah!
Frankie Glasses 4:26 AM - 9 October, 2014
Tell me baby-Red Hot Chili Peppers
djpuma_gemini 2:46 PM - 9 October, 2014
Can you guys make a 720P of Drake - Best I Ever Had. I feels it's probably considered a classic now and will stay around for a long while.
Culprit 5:55 PM - 9 October, 2014
Quote:
Can you guys make a 720P of Drake - Best I Ever Had. I feels it's probably considered a classic now and will stay around for a long while.

Good last song, have not played it in forever, but i do love the joint.
djpuma_gemini 6:07 PM - 9 October, 2014
^exactly.
Smash Vision 1:30 AM - 10 October, 2014
Request Updates:

Added To Programming - Tell me baby-Red Hot Chili Peppers
Added To Programming - Ginuwine - Hell Yeah!
On The Site - Bobby Shmurda - Hot Boy

"Can you guys make a 720P of Drake - Best I Ever Had."

If we can acquire a workable source file, yes. I've put in a request.
DJ Baby Boy 1:33 AM - 10 October, 2014
Is it possible to get Bobby Brown - On Our Own?
DJ GOODFOOT 3:09 AM - 10 October, 2014
E-40 - Red Cup
Watchwww.youtube.com
Robb Royale 3:35 AM - 10 October, 2014
Quote:

Another great jam!
Smash Vision 6:24 AM - 10 October, 2014
Quote:

Its funny you posted this because I had just sent out request for this today, but it needs to be dug out of storage and digitized. We have this and a few other hard to find halloween gems coming in time for the holiday this year.
Smash Vision 6:29 AM - 10 October, 2014
Quote:
E-40 - Red Cup
Watchwww.youtube.com

This was posted today with tools.
DJ GOODFOOT 6:39 AM - 10 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
E-40 - Red Cup
Watchwww.youtube.com

This was posted today with tools.

Thanks!
DJ Baby Boy 8:09 AM - 10 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Its funny you posted this because I had just sent out request for this today, but it needs to be dug out of storage and digitized. We have this and a few other hard to find halloween gems coming in time for the holiday this year.

Very appreciated thanks guys
Dj ListenDat 2:38 PM - 10 October, 2014
Quote:
Blackstreet boys - Don't leave me

Smash Vision 8:23 PM - 10 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Blackstreet boys - Don't leave me

Good one! No blackstreet "boys" but I figured out what you meant.

We dont have the source file on hand but I put in a request for it.
DJMark 10:33 PM - 11 October, 2014
A couple odd things I've noticed for awhile:

1) when trying to preview, I'm often seeing "FLASH: srcnotfound" messages appearing in the preview player (displayed in text over what looks like one frame of the video). This started maybe a month or two ago. Flash is up to date, flushing browser cache doesn't seem to make a difference.

2) I'm very often seeing videos I missed maybe a day or two ago in the last few pages. Example from today, Chris Brown ft Lil Wayne n Tyga Loyal (Madness Remix) showed up TODAY underneath some other videos that were on the site yesterday (though they're all dated 10/9). It definitely was not visible at my end yesterday. Sometimes I see things like that happen going back 2-3 pages.

And a suggestion:

If someone downloads an SD version of a video, it would be nice if the credit from that could be applied to any HD version of that same video that might later get posted. In other words, downloading a later-posted 1080 version would cost the user one additional credit instead of two, or downloading a 720 version would cost no additional credits. Does that seem fair to you guys?
DJ_JimmyBeats 4:44 AM - 13 October, 2014
Quote:

1) when trying to preview, I'm often seeing "FLASH: srcnotfound" messages appearing in the preview player (displayed in text over what looks like one frame of the video). This started maybe a month or two ago. Flash is up to date, flushing browser cache doesn't seem to make a difference.

2) I'm very often seeing videos I missed maybe a day or two ago in the last few pages. Example from today, Chris Brown ft Lil Wayne n Tyga Loyal (Madness Remix) showed up TODAY underneath some other videos that were on the site yesterday (though they're all dated 10/9). It definitely was not visible at my end yesterday. Sometimes I see things like that happen going back 2-3 pages.

And a suggestion:

If someone downloads an SD version of a video, it would be nice if the credit from that could be applied to any HD version of that same video that might later get posted. In other words, downloading a later-posted 1080 version would cost the user one additional credit instead of two, or downloading a 720 version would cost no additional credits. Does that seem fair to you guys?
Dj ListenDat 8:29 AM - 13 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

And a suggestion:

Excellent feedback. I do agree entirely
DJ Remix Detroit 7:15 PM - 13 October, 2014
Request:

Surface - Happy

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj ListenDat 3:18 PM - 22 October, 2014
Watchwww.youtube.com

Bobby Brackins - Hot Box ft. G-Eazy, Mila J
DJ GOODFOOT 7:01 PM - 23 October, 2014
I'd love to have Gang Starr - Who's Gonna Take The Weight

Watchwww.youtube.com

Thanks!
sfalta 9:16 AM - 24 October, 2014
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Thanks!

+10000 !
nik39 2:12 PM - 25 October, 2014
Hey guys,

are there any issues with previewing songs/files/videos?

These are my current observations using Firefox:

1. Previewing does not start before the entire preview clip has been fully loaded. I thought this has been fixed, but the issues seems to be back :(

2. Previewing the first clip works, but when trying to preview a second clip in the same preview player, it does not work. I do not get the "loading icon" (sort of spinning wheel). The only workaround is to close the preview window and then it works again for the next song.

Anyone else having similar issues?
DJMark 12:46 AM - 26 October, 2014
Quote:

And a suggestion:

Hello?
djpuma_gemini 7:12 PM - 28 October, 2014
Can you guys get this.
Watchwww.youtube.com
Joe & G-Unit - Ride Wit U
Smash Vision 8:09 AM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
Can you guys get this.
Watchwww.youtube.com
Joe & G-Unit - Ride Wit U

Added To Programming.

Quote:
Request:

Surface - Happy

Watchwww.youtube.com

Added To Programming.

Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Bobby Brackins - Hot Box ft. G-Eazy, Mila J

On The Site.

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Thanks!

Source file not on hand, will try to acquire.

Thank you!
Culprit 3:28 PM - 31 October, 2014
Requesting missy elliot - work it remix with 50 cent
djpuma_gemini 7:27 PM - 31 October, 2014
Fresh Prince & DJ Jazzy Jeff - Nightmare on my street.
Pull strings, give Jeff back rubs. Tell New Line Cinema to kick rocks.
This is harder to find than tried by 12.
Smash Vision 9:22 PM - 1 November, 2014
Quote:
Requesting missy elliot - work it remix with 50 cent

Cannot promise but we're working with WMG to acquire it if it's even possible.

Quote:
Fresh Prince & DJ Jazzy Jeff - Nightmare on my street.
Pull strings, give Jeff back rubs. Tell New Line Cinema to kick rocks.
This is harder to find than tried by 12.

Believe me, if we could get ahold of it and had the clearance we would post it in a heartbeat. Problem is with all the controversy between the label and the group and the judgment being that the tapes were to be destroyed, even if it was possible to dig up somewhere, huge legal issues would prevent anyone from posting it.

We did however post the video new line did decide to go with "Fat Boys - Are You Ready For Fredy", but Im afraid that's the closest we can get.
marx 9:02 AM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:

Please report the titles you're having those errors with.

Quote:

I can see this happening if we post twice in the same day, as once videos are posted they're sorted but for the same day. I'll ponder a possible solution for this.

Quote:
And a suggestion:

I've given this some thought, but I still haven't come to a conclusion. It's not so much of a question to do it or not, it also has a lot to do with the infrastructure of the site. Another thing to keep in mind is a lot of the 1080's we post are actually redone from the ground up. It's basically like we redid it, that's something to think about.
slimmjimm 3:48 AM - 7 November, 2014
YAYYY GASOLINA!!
Frankie Glasses 1:00 AM - 9 November, 2014
I am noticing a few videos in either 720p or 1080p. no SD. Is this going to be the trend with just going with a higher quality video or will we need to request SD videos.
marx 1:18 AM - 9 November, 2014
Quote:
I am noticing a few videos in either 720p or 1080p. no SD. Is this going to be the trend with just going with a higher quality video or will we need to request SD videos.

This is a trend, but it's not simply a matter of SD or HD anymore. Theres so many more variables now. If you see a release where it's either a 720 or 1080, this means that that 720 will play just as our old SD files would have. If you compare the bitrates and file size you will see what I mean...I hope. Also performance wise you won't see a difference. If this doesn't apply to you please drop us a line, and of course you can always request a SD file, but I would reply asking why :)
Dj ListenDat 11:32 AM - 12 November, 2014
Please : Watchwww.youtube.com

Lil Zane ft. 112 - Callin' Me
DJMark 9:21 PM - 12 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Please report the titles you're having those errors with.

Just so you know, I haven't seen that problem happen now for a couple weeks. For a few weeks it was happening very frequently...saw it with both newly-added songs and song that had been on the site for awhile.

The suggestion I had ("If someone downloads an SD version of a video, it would be nice if the credit from that could be applied to any HD version of that same video that might later get posted.") was referring to situations where a song would first appear on the site in SD, then a short time later HD versions would appear. It looks like there's less of that going on than a few months back. I was *not* suggesting that credit be applied because the user downloaded the song from you back in 2009 or whatever and now you've done a whole new version in HD.

Anyway thanks for everything you do to help move things forward/better.
Frankie Glasses 10:26 PM - 12 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

This is a trend, but it's not simply a matter of SD or HD anymore. Theres so many more variables now. If you see a release where it's either a 720 or 1080, this means that that 720 will play just as our old SD files would have. If you compare the bitrates and file size you will see what I mean...I hope. Also performance wise you won't see a difference. If this doesn't apply to you please drop us a line, and of course you can always request a SD file, but I would reply asking why :)

Thanks for the reply. I will compare the file size between the SD & 720p files and if its not much difference then i'm good. :) (honestly never thought of checking as i just assumed that any of the HD files would be a lot larger of a file)
DJ Steve R. 4:41 AM - 19 November, 2014
Couple request for Extendz

Missy & Ciara - Lose Control
Nina Sky - Move Your Body

Thanks!
djpuma_gemini 4:34 PM - 19 November, 2014
Steve R doesn't have move your body.
Let me check my stash.
Smash Vision 8:53 PM - 19 November, 2014
Quote:

We have this in our que along with "112 ft Lil Zane - Anywhere"

Quote:

Thanks!

Both are in que to be worked on, waiting on acquiring a better source for the missy elliot.
Culprit 9:51 PM - 19 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

We have this in our que along with "112 ft Lil Zane - Anywhere"

Quote:

Thanks!

Both are in que to be worked on, waiting on acquiring a better source for the missy elliot.

That was a huge video, like the work it remix w/ 50 Cent. PO has the best version so far if you can find it. I got lucky since I have the 2002 or 2003 dvd with that remix on it that I was able to rip.
Smash Vision 3:15 AM - 20 November, 2014
Warner is really good with the way they have their back catalog digitized (non interlaced/progressive with high bitrates on their masters) so when we have videos like this, we try to acquire that version over what we already have. Just our "strive to put out the best possible content" thing we do ;)

We should know soon if we're able to get that missy remix with 50.
Dj ListenDat 10:42 AM - 20 November, 2014
Sounds awesome !
DJ Steve R. 6:52 PM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:
Steve R doesn't have move your body.
Let me check my stash.

I have both Puma... just need better quality!
DJ DisGrace 8:27 PM - 20 November, 2014
Seen a couple MJ vids lately... how about Rock With You with a Millz type extended intro?
thx!
Millz 10:12 PM - 20 November, 2014
Rock With You is already on the site w toolz including a blenX.
DJ DisGrace 11:03 PM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:
Rock With You is already on the site w toolz including a blenX.

hmmm... not on canadian site
DJ Steve R. 2:17 AM - 22 November, 2014
Madcon - Beggin

Gracias
Frankie Glasses 8:35 PM - 23 November, 2014
MC Hammer - Pumps and a bump
DJ DisGrace 1:35 PM - 24 November, 2014
Whatever happened to the downloader app? It's really tedious to download videos 10 at a time. Literally takes all day...
djpuma_gemini 4:17 PM - 24 November, 2014
^not if you have a fast connection.
DJ DisGrace 5:06 PM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:
^not if you have a fast connection.

lol

I definitely do not have a "fast" connection. It takes 30-40 mins to download 10 zipped videos, but by the time I get back to my computer, zip 10 more, come back when those are done... it takes a while. My preference would be to have a queue where they download one at a time automatically, and I could let it run overnight.
djpuma_gemini 6:38 PM - 24 November, 2014
^That might be the issue.
Don't zip them.
I download 6 at a time and I get a much higher bandwidth than downloading one zip file.
I haven't used the downloader in a while because I use a different laptop to download and I can't get it to run, but it still works out for me to download them individually.
DJ DisGrace 7:02 PM - 24 November, 2014
Ahh, good point. I can try that. thx
Code:E 2:21 AM - 25 November, 2014
Quote:
Whatever happened to the downloader app? It's really tedious to download videos 10 at a time. Literally takes all day...

+1
DJ DisGrace 2:29 PM - 25 November, 2014
Figured out a workaround... If you individually download files, you can only have 5-6 going simultaneously. After that, pressing the download arrow puts them in a queue. I changed the queue view to show 50 files, and then run down the list clicking the download arrows. All the files are downloaded in the morning.
Robb Royale 2:27 AM - 26 November, 2014
G-Wiz - Teddy Bear
Breeze - L.A. Posse

Thanks
Code:E 2:50 AM - 26 November, 2014
Quote:
Figured out a workaround... If you individually download files, you can only have 5-6 going simultaneously.

Oh yes I should have said that. That is by far the best way to do it.

They really need a downloader though. The whole zipping 10 files is a massive waste of time. It takes forever for them to zip. If you could zip the in under 30 seconds and download 4 or 5 zips at once sure. but thats not the case.
djnak 5:05 AM - 26 November, 2014
Quote:

If you individually download files, you can only have 5-6 going simultaneously.

yall know you can change the number of downloads at once right?

Maximum Simultaneous Downloads:

1. Type about:config in the Firefox address bar. Hit Enter.
2. Go to "network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server" in the list.
3. Right click, select "Modify", change to desired setting number.
DJ Steve R. 7:02 AM - 26 November, 2014
De La Soul ft Chaka Khan - All Good
DJ DisGrace 12:47 PM - 26 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
If you individually download files, you can only have 5-6 going simultaneously.

yall know you can change the number of downloads at once right?

Maximum Simultaneous Downloads:

1. Type about:config in the Firefox address bar. Hit Enter.
2. Go to "network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server" in the list.
3. Right click, select "Modify", change to desired setting number.

Yea, I figured this was possible. But I don't really want to have 30+ downloads going at once. Once it hits the 5-6 download limit, they just go into a queue, which is all I was really asking for.
Joshua Carl 11:38 PM - 26 November, 2014
needed.

Benizno - Booty

Og, but especially the remix.... both have official videos.
marx 6:58 AM - 27 November, 2014
Quote:

1st quarter of 2015, along with Cloud Rescue -- basically your download history in the cloud, you can re-download all your videos in the order that you downloaded them. A couple other things coming, but why spoil it ;)
Dj TopDonn 5:09 AM - 30 November, 2014
Is it possible to get this one from BBD - Something In your Eyes

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ DisGrace 1:53 PM - 1 December, 2014
Could you guys fix:
Jay-z - La La La (Excuse Me Miss Again) [Single]

It's missing a couple beats. Should be a 1 bar intro.
DJ DisGrace 3:18 PM - 1 December, 2014
Also
AC/DC - Highway To Hell (Live vs Studio) [Single] - Clean

Missing the first guitar riff
Smash Vision 7:46 PM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
Is it possible to get this one from BBD - Something In your Eyes

Watchwww.youtube.com

Source file requested, will add to programming when delivered.

Quote:
needed.

Benizno - Booty

Og, but especially the remix.... both have official videos.

Both need to be dug out of storage and digitzed. Will add to programming when delivered.

Quote:
De La Soul ft Chaka Khan - All Good

Added to programming.

Quote:
G-Wiz - Teddy Bear
Breeze - L.A. Posse

Thanks

G-Wiz needs to be digitized, will add to programming when delivered.
Breeze - LA Posse has been added to programming.

Quote:
Madcon - Beggin

Gracias

Added to programming.

Quote:
MC Hammer - Pumps and a bump

Needs to be dug out of storage and digitzied. Will program when delivered.
djpuma_gemini 10:16 PM - 4 December, 2014
Whaaaat?
You got breeze - la posse!!!!
I've had that hidden in my arsenal for a while now, but my quality was crap; can't wait to see what you guys do with it.
Smash Vision 11:53 PM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
Also
AC/DC - Highway To Hell (Live vs Studio) [Single] - Clean

Missing the first guitar riff

Quote:
Could you guys fix:
Jay-z - La La La (Excuse Me Miss Again) [Single]

It's missing a couple beats. Should be a 1 bar intro.

Looking into these, we'll get back to you soon through your email you submitted with the info.

Thanks.
Dj ListenDat 3:09 PM - 15 January, 2015
Hi,

Could you get Jay-z Hey Papi ?

Watchwww.youtube.com
Smash Vision 9:44 AM - 16 January, 2015
Quote:
Hi,

Watchwww.youtube.com

Yes, adding to the que to be worked on.
Dj ListenDat 9:47 AM - 16 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Watchwww.youtube.com

Yes, adding to the que to be worked on.

Thank you
DJMark 9:26 AM - 19 January, 2015
Any way to get this to happen?

serato.com
DJMark 10:25 AM - 19 January, 2015
In case that wasn't quite clear: Tag Team "Whoomp there it is" Ultimix version is what's being asked for.
DJ Steve R. 5:38 PM - 20 January, 2015
Mos Def - Ms Fat Booty
djpuma_gemini 7:15 PM - 21 January, 2015
Quote:
Mos Def - Ms Fat Booty

Classic.
nik39 12:34 AM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Mos Def - Ms Fat Booty

clASSic.

No... There is a big difference between ASS and BOOTY ;)
Smash Vision 9:21 AM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Any way to get this to happen?

serato.com

We'll look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Quote:
Mos Def - Ms Fat Booty

Classic.

We'll have it up soon.
DJ GOODFOOT 4:56 AM - 31 January, 2015
Probably tough with all the different artists involved but would love to have Stop The Violence Movement - Self Destruction

Watchwww.youtube.com
Robb Royale 12:54 AM - 3 February, 2015
Quote:
Probably tough with all the different artists involved but would love to have Stop The Violence Movement - Self Destruction

Classic!
Xtendamix 4:31 AM - 3 February, 2015
We just added it yesterday
DJ Rice Cube 3:00 AM - 10 February, 2015
Any chance you could please get Ol' Dirty Bastard - Shimmy Shimmy Ya?
Smash Vision 3:56 AM - 10 February, 2015
Quote:
Any chance you could please get Ol' Dirty Bastard - Shimmy Shimmy Ya?

Definitely!
Smash Vision 4:01 AM - 10 February, 2015
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Unfortunately we're unable to acquire the source file at this time. When we do, we'll be sure to post it.
DJMark 5:58 PM - 17 February, 2015
Quote:
In case that wasn't quite clear: Tag Team "Whoomp there it is" Ultimix version is what's being asked for.

And thanks for posting this.
Smash Vision 9:57 PM - 17 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

And thanks for posting this.

I was coming to reply that it was up but looks like you already know. ha

Your welcome.
djpuma_gemini 4:12 PM - 19 February, 2015
I can't believe this hasn't been added to the new site.
Can you get "ATCQ ft leaders of the new school - Scenario"

I can't believe I have the old old version you guys made back in 2008
DJ Steve R. 6:29 PM - 19 February, 2015
Still waiting on Mos Def - Fat Booty
DJ GOODFOOT 6:44 PM - 19 February, 2015
Can you get Lost Boyz - "The Yearn"

Watchwww.youtube.com
Smash Vision 12:47 AM - 20 February, 2015
Quote:
ATCQ ft leaders of the new school - Scenario

Quote:
Still waiting on Mos Def - Fat Booty

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

We'll have these all up soon.
djpuma_gemini 9:36 PM - 20 February, 2015
Muchas Gracias!!
DJ Steve R. 2:55 AM - 28 February, 2015
Thx for the Mos Def Fat Booty... Is there anyway you can do a Hook intro?

BG & Hot Boyz - Bling Bling (Hook Intro)

Juvenile - From Her Mama

Thx again!
Smash Vision 7:38 PM - 1 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
ATCQ ft leaders of the new school - Scenario

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

We'll have these all up soon.

Just an update for The Lost Boyz - we are having the source recaptured from the master tape. For scenario there was an audio hold up as we weren't satisfied with the quality of the instrumental.
Smash Vision 7:41 PM - 1 March, 2015
Quote:

Juvenile - From Her Mama

Thx again!

We currently don't program "Hook Intros".

I can add the two to our Old School que though.
Dj ListenDat 3:24 PM - 2 March, 2015
Could you also add : Eve Ft. Alicia Keys - Gangsta Lovin
Dj ListenDat 3:25 PM - 2 March, 2015
and also : Mario Winans ft. P.Diddy - I Don't Wanna Know
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj ListenDat 3:30 PM - 2 March, 2015
and Ice Cube - Why We Thugs
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj ListenDat 3:31 PM - 2 March, 2015
Pretty Ricky ft. Sean Paul - Push It Baby
Watchwww.youtube.com
djpuma_gemini 6:32 PM - 2 March, 2015
Thanks for the info on scenario.
Smash Vision 8:46 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
Could you also add : Eve Ft. Alicia Keys - Gangsta Lovin

Quote:
and also : Mario Winans ft. P.Diddy - I Don't Wanna Know
Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
and Ice Cube - Why We Thugs
Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
Pretty Ricky ft. Sean Paul - Push It Baby
Watchwww.youtube.com

All these have been added to the que. The Pretty Ricky may take longer as it needs to be digitized.
Dj ListenDat 10:56 AM - 3 March, 2015
thank you
DJ Steve R. 6:48 PM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Juvenile - From Her Mama

Thx again!

We currently don't program "Hook Intros".

I can add the two to our Old School que though.

Thx fellas!
DJ DisGrace 12:30 AM - 8 March, 2015
Shyne - Bad Boyz
DJ DisGrace 12:30 AM - 8 March, 2015
Thanks for all the Gang Starr vids too!
djpuma_gemini 4:45 PM - 18 March, 2015
YES!!
Scenario is up.
skinnyguy 6:47 PM - 18 March, 2015
Chill Rob G - The Power
Dj ListenDat 1:15 PM - 19 March, 2015
If you could get us

Watchwww.youtube.com
Choppin' Blades (Explicit) ft. Jody Highroller (Riff Raff), Slim Jxmmi of Rae Sremmurd
Smash Vision 4:04 PM - 19 March, 2015
Quote:
Shyne - Bad Boyz

This will be up next week.

Quote:
YES!!
Scenario is up.

Clean will be up soon.

Quote:
Chill Rob G - The Power

Added to our que.

Quote:
If you could get us

Watchwww.youtube.com
Choppin' Blades (Explicit) ft. Jody Highroller (Riff Raff), Slim Jxmmi of Rae Sremmurd

This is on the site.

Thanks Guys!
Dj ListenDat 10:08 AM - 20 March, 2015
Do you think you could get that one ?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Tamia Feat. 213 - Can't Go For That (Remix)
DJ GOODFOOT 7:33 PM - 20 March, 2015
any luck sourcing that Lost Boyz "The Yearn"?
Dj ListenDat 9:44 AM - 23 March, 2015
Hi guys not to bother really just to know. When a song is added to the queue of smashvidz how long does it take to be posted on the website ? I know you won't be able to answer precisely but maybe around...is it more like 1 month ? 2 ? 3 ? 6 ? I mean if you had to tell the average time it takes
djpuma_gemini 3:52 PM - 23 March, 2015
^I'm sure it all depends on if they have the source readily available.
If it's already been digitized then it will be quicker and obviously longer if they have to pull it from the archives and digitize it.
Also, I'm sure there is some order that comes into it as well. They could have a back log of requests.
I've noticed that they're pretty quick even when they have to digitize them.
Smash Vision 3:31 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
^I'm sure it all depends on if they have the source readily available.
If it's already been digitized then it will be quicker and obviously longer if they have to pull it from the archives and digitize it.
Also, I'm sure there is some order that comes into it as well. They could have a back log of requests.
I've noticed that they're pretty quick even when they have to digitize them.

Correct. We run into audio problems constantly as well. With the older videos it happens more often that the video version doesn't match properly with the audio version from the album or single, or we have a matching version but it happens to be only available on vinyl.

Bottom line is we try have the best available audio and video sources when releasing a title, and don't try to rush it just to have it posted on the site. We try our best to accommodate everybody's requests in a timely matter within our control. Honestly, my favorite part is seeing older titles come to life in quality I hadn't seen before, and with those, I find it well worth the wait ;)
Smash Vision 3:39 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
any luck sourcing that Lost Boyz "The Yearn"?

We had a video source that could only be deinterlaced and looked decent, but ran into a problem finding the correct audio for the video. We ended up acquiring a capture from the master tape at the native framerate and should have the audio soon.
DJ Baby Boy 3:46 AM - 24 March, 2015
While on the topic of The Lost Boyz is it possible to get Jeeps, Lex Coups, Bimaz & Benz with an xtendz version
Smash Vision 4:06 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

This title is available but needs to be digitized. We'll post it when it's delivered.

Also Eve will be posting this week, Ice Cube has been posted, Pretty Ricky ft Sean Paul - Received a digital master and will post a 720 version soon, Mario is in production.
Smash Vision 4:10 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
While on the topic of The Lost Boyz is it possible to get Jeeps, Lex Coups, Bimaz & Benz with an xtendz version

We'll add this to the request que.
Dj ListenDat 1:18 PM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

This title is available but needs to be digitized. We'll post it when it's delivered.

Also Eve will be posting this week, Ice Cube has been posted, Pretty Ricky ft Sean Paul - Received a digital master and will post a 720 version soon, Mario is in production.

Awesome !! Thank you for those precise answers !
DJ g-force 10:09 PM - 25 March, 2015
How about X-Clan - Funkin Lesson?
Smash Vision 2:34 PM - 26 March, 2015
Quote:
How about X-Clan - Funkin Lesson?

Sorry G-Force, dont have this one listed as available. We'll put it on the list and if we ever end up coming across it, we'll post.
DJ g-force 2:39 PM - 26 March, 2015
Thanks for checking!
Smash Vision 7:42 PM - 27 March, 2015
Quote:

Just wanted to update you on this. We're having problems locating good audio. Lossless files from the 2 promo singles it is on sound horrible. We'll have it posted as soon as we can.

Quote:

Juvenile - From Her Mama

Thx again!

The digital file we have on hand for the Juvenile has some pixilation issues and we are having it recaptured from the master.
djcrap 5:51 PM - 28 March, 2015
Aunt jackie - Jason fox
Smash Vision 7:00 PM - 28 March, 2015
Quote:
Aunt jackie - Jason fox

Dj Crap -

It's not available on any of our lists at the moment but we will try to acquire.
djpuma_gemini 3:15 PM - 8 April, 2015
Anyone you guys could get Mc Shy D - Shake It.
Marine 2:11 AM - 9 April, 2015
Nelly furtado turn off the lights xtendz snipz
DJ Steve R. 4:01 AM - 17 April, 2015
Kanye West - Through The Wire
Kanye West - All Falls Down
Slum Village - Selfish

Gracias!
Smash Vision 8:56 PM - 17 April, 2015
Quote:
Anyone you guys could get Mc Shy D - Shake It.

That one will be tough to acquire. We'll try though!

Quote:
Nelly furtado turn off the lights xtendz snipz

Added to programming

Quote:
Kanye West - Through The Wire
Kanye West - All Falls Down
Slum Village - Selfish

Gracias!

Added to programming.
djpuma_gemini 9:47 PM - 17 April, 2015
I know that MC Shy D is tough, I only have a Promo Only copy and I made it probably 5 years ago and the editing is very subpar.
Robb Royale 12:22 AM - 22 April, 2015
Common - The Light
Maxwell - Sumthin' Sumthin'
Dj ListenDat 3:31 PM - 28 April, 2015
Lil Scrappy ft. Sean Paul And E-40 - Oh Yeah
www.dailymotion.com
Smash Vision 5:03 PM - 28 April, 2015
Quote:
Common - The Light

Will add to programming.

Quote:

Maxwell - Sumthin' Sumthin'

Sorry, this is not available

Quote:
Lil Scrappy ft. Sean Paul And E-40 - Oh Yeah
www.dailymotion.com

Added to programming.
Jim Davis Productions 1:29 PM - 29 April, 2015
A few of these might be a long shot but...

John Michael Montgomery - Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)
Joe Nichols - Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off
Darryl Worley - Tennessee River Run
Toby Keith - As Good As I Once Was
Brooks & Dunn - Play Something Country
Brooks & Dunn - Boot Scootin' Boogie

Classics:
Kingsmen - Louie Louie

Dion - Runaround Sue
Watchwww.youtube.com

The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup (different version, not from There's Something About Mary)
Watchwww.youtube.com

Thanks in advance!
Robb Royale 8:04 PM - 3 May, 2015
Jay-Z feat. Foxy Brown - Ain't No
K7- Move It Like This
Smash Vision 10:03 PM - 4 May, 2015
Quote:
A few of these might be a long shot but...

John Michael Montgomery - Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)
Joe Nichols - Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off
Darryl Worley - Tennessee River Run
Toby Keith - As Good As I Once Was
Brooks & Dunn - Play Something Country
Brooks & Dunn - Boot Scootin' Boogie

Classics:
Kingsmen - Louie Louie

Dion - Runaround Sue
Watchwww.youtube.com

The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup (different version, not from There's Something About Mary)
Watchwww.youtube.com

Thanks in advance!

All the Country requests except "Play Something Country" we have available and will put them into programming to be posted soon. We'll work on acquiring "Play Something Country"

The Classic requests are a little bit tricky. None of those titles are currently available as versions we can post, but I'll look into any alternatives if they are available.

The Build me Up Buttercup is the only version we have available.

Quote:
Jay-Z feat. Foxy Brown - Ain't No
K7- Move It Like This

Both have been added to programming.

Thanks!
djpuma_gemini 10:40 PM - 4 May, 2015
Customer service at its finest!!
Still no luck on that mc shy d - shake it?
Smash Vision 10:46 PM - 4 May, 2015
Quote:
Customer service at its finest!!
Still no luck on that mc shy d - shake it?

Sorry Puma, still no luck on that yet. Not giving up though :)
djpuma_gemini 10:47 PM - 4 May, 2015
Thanks.
Not like I'd play it every week, but nice to have.
Culprit 4:02 AM - 5 May, 2015
Watchwww.youtube.com

she dont wanna man, she just wants to dance.. on the daancee flooorr!!

i need the explicits :)
Dj ListenDat 2:57 PM - 11 May, 2015
Method Man ft. Jonell - Round And Round
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj ListenDat 3:14 PM - 11 May, 2015
Missy Elliot Feat MC Solaar - All in my grill
Watchwww.youtube.com
Marine 1:25 PM - 14 May, 2015
ll cool j mama said knock you out xtendz
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:51 AM - 15 May, 2015
Destra Garcia - Lucy (a lyric/official hybrid video will be nice)

Femi Kuti - Bang Bang Bang

Chaka Demus & Pliers - Murder She Wrote, Tease Me, Bam Bam

Artful Dodger - Rewind

Lethal Bizzle - Pow
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:53 AM - 15 May, 2015
Not a request, I kinda noticed a change in tempo in some extendz. Its almost like, the instrumental used and the original are at slightly different speeds.
Is this normal behavior?
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:11 AM - 15 May, 2015
George Ezra - Budapest. (A redrum or funkymix of this will be great)
Smash Vision 8:57 PM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:
Method Man ft. Jonell - Round And Round
Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
Missy Elliot Feat MC Solaar - All in my grill
Watchwww.youtube.com

Both of these have been added to programming.

Quote:
ll cool j mama said knock you out xtendz

Already in our que list to be worked on.
Smash Vision 9:12 PM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:
Destra Garcia - Lucy (a lyric/official hybrid video will be nice)

Dont have this title available on any of our lists, will have to look into this one.

Quote:
Femi Kuti - Bang Bang Bang

This title is not available to us.

Quote:
Chaka Demus & Pliers - Murder She Wrote, Tease Me, Bam Bam

For Murder She Wrote, we have two different versions where the quality is borderline acceptable and have been waiting to acquire better sources. We've received several emails requesting this so we've decided to put one out soon for now until we get ahold of the master tapes if it's even possible.

For Tease me we'll have up soon.

To my knowledge there's no official video for Bam Bam.

Quote:
Artful Dodger - Rewind

This is already in our que list to be worked on.

Quote:
Lethal Bizzle - Pow

Dont have this title available on any of our lists, will look into it.
Smash Vision 9:15 PM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:
Not a request, I kinda noticed a change in tempo in some extendz. Its almost like, the instrumental used and the original are at slightly different speeds.
Is this normal behavior?

For issues like this, please use the contact form on the website to email us directly. Be sure to include the titles of the specific files you are having issues with. We'd be more than happy to review those and sort out any issues that are found.
Smash Vision 9:21 PM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:
George Ezra - Budapest. (A redrum or funkymix of this will be great)

There is an Ultmix version that is in our que, but it's a dance remix. (im assuming you were looking for something more towards an original redrum)

As of right now we dont have that available, but if something does become available, we'll be sure and post it.

Anything else, let us know.
Culprit 3:47 AM - 19 May, 2015
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

bump
Smash Vision 4:18 AM - 19 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

bump

Sorry, missed this one. We have this posting this week.
Dj ListenDat 10:21 AM - 19 May, 2015
Thanks guys
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:12 PM - 20 May, 2015
Matoma - Old Thing Back (Feat Notorious BIG, Ralph Tresvant & Ja Rule)
djpuma_gemini 10:18 PM - 21 May, 2015
Can you guys get this hood banger!

Watchwww.youtube.com
djcrap 10:30 PM - 21 May, 2015
Feeling my self- nicki minaj ft beyonce
Smash Vision 7:42 AM - 22 May, 2015
Quote:
Can you guys get this hood banger!

Watchwww.youtube.com

Sorry, unavailable.

Quote:
Feeling my self- nicki minaj ft beyonce

Currently unavailable DJ Crap.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:39 AM - 23 May, 2015
Quote:
Matoma - Old Thing Back (Feat Notorious BIG, Ralph Tresvant & Ja Rule)

Thanks for this!
DJ Scorpion 4:55 PM - 23 May, 2015
Lady Ragga - Come & Get It

Would be REALLY dope ... Hard to find
skinnyguy 5:05 PM - 23 May, 2015
Saw masta ace "born to roll". Any chance of a jeep azz niguh bizcapella version?
DJMark 12:48 AM - 24 May, 2015
What is up with the use of "n" instead of the "&" character?

It's actually a little annoying....
Code:E 1:21 AM - 24 May, 2015
Quote:

It's fucking bat shit crazy annoying. Hell it should be "and" if that's what the tracks office name is IMO.
DJMark 1:27 AM - 24 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

It's fucking bat shit crazy annoying. Hell it should be "and" if that's what the tracks office name is IMO.

My main irritation is actually with "RnB" in the genre field instead of the standard "R&B", and the obvious issues that causes with "smart playlists"/"smart crates". But it does look a little silly in song titles and elsewhere.
popnwave 6:16 PM - 24 May, 2015
Heheh I use an app called "Name Mangler" to change them all with a script. But I agree the "n" vs "and" or "&" is a bit annoying, albeit consistent.

Peter Schilling "The Different Story"
Katy Perry "Hot N Cold"
Death From Above 1979 "Sexy Results"

Pendulum videos from the Immersion album - Witchcraft, Watercolour, The Island (Part 1), Salt In The Wounds and Crush. (hoping now there isn't and licensing issues here in North America)
DJ DisGrace 1:43 AM - 26 May, 2015
Can we PLEASE get an automatic downloader? I'm not home enough during the day to download all my credits. I start a zip in the morning before work, and another before bed. Half the time they stall and I have to start over again...
DJMark 5:27 AM - 26 May, 2015
I'd love to see Peter Murphy "Cuts You Up".
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:25 PM - 26 May, 2015
Foxy Brown - Get You Home
Sisqo - Got To Get It
popnwave 7:39 PM - 26 May, 2015
Quote:
I'd love to see Peter Murphy "Cuts You Up".

The pain in the ass with that one, is that video edit's audio is off the promo cd single and not on any of the greatest hits or other compilations.
djpuma_gemini 7:34 AM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:
Can we PLEASE get an automatic downloader? I'm not home enough during the day to download all my credits. I start a zip in the morning before work, and another before bed. Half the time they stall and I have to start over again...

Have you not moved over to smashvision.net
They have an automatic downloader that works great.
DJ DisGrace 11:08 AM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Have you not moved over to smashvision.net
They have an automatic downloader that works great.

Guess not... Didn't even know this was a thing. For Canadian customers also?
Frozone 12:08 PM - 28 May, 2015
What is the difference between the 2 services? Is it not the same content?
DJMark 9:34 PM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:

I knew nothing of this until last night, looks like the same content minus the "screenplay" videos on a different website.
marx 10:16 PM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:

This was started long ago because special characters sometimes are ignored or act as a command in coding. This obviously causes problems when adding new features, even though we could write code to deal with these issues, I always thought it was best to leave it be. Now,"and" is the other obvious choice, but again long ago I made the decision to not use "and" as its takes up extra characters in the already limited viewing area in Serato. Some might think that sounds pretty silly, but that was it. This is also the same reason why the featuring artist doesn't have a period or isn't "feat." but rather just "ft". If I had to do it all over again I would use "x" instead, but it's kind of set in stone now.

Quote:
My main irritation is actually with "RnB" in the genre field instead of the standard "R&B", and the obvious issues that causes with "smart playlists"/"smart crates". But it does look a little silly in song titles and elsewhere.

I get you here, but again with the characters. I could only suggest to batch rename the genres in a tag editor.

Quote:
Quote:

I knew nothing of this until last night, looks like the same content minus the "screenplay" videos on a different website.

Correct, also has an alternative pricing model.
DJMark 10:26 PM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:
limited viewing area in Serato

Thanks for the explanation, makes sense... I normally do re-tag everything (actually, yours is the only source where I don't completely strip out all tags and re-do from scratch), but occasionally I miss one here and there.

As to the "new" site: am I correct in understanding that if I'm on the "old" VJ-Pro site, I'm not actually missing any videos if I never log on to smashvision.net?
popnwave 12:39 AM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
limited viewing area in Serato

Thanks for the explanation, makes sense... I normally do re-tag everything (actually, yours is the only source where I don't completely strip out all tags and re-do from scratch), but occasionally I miss one here and there.

As to the "new" site: am I correct in understanding that if I'm on the "old" VJ-Pro site, I'm not actually missing any videos if I never log on to smashvision.net?

Not missing a thing other than the physical release info of the DVDs as far as I have seen.
Dj ListenDat 9:33 AM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

- Programmed

Hi guys do you have the one with MC Solaar ? I know it's very rare even on youtube. Do you think you could find it ?Watchwww.youtube.com
Joshua Carl 5:44 PM - 29 May, 2015
duck down - KRSone
I dont even know if it ever came out on a single.... but an Xtenz of that would be glorious

that BEAT!
DJ Steve R. 4:16 AM - 3 June, 2015
EMPD - Crossover
Eric Serman ft Red Man - React
DJ Rice Cube 3:14 AM - 4 June, 2015
Any chance for Das EFX - They Want EFX (Remix)?

youtu.be
popnwave 3:20 AM - 4 June, 2015
The Sounds - Living In America (2002) / Tony The Beat (2006) w/ toolz
Postal Service - Such Great Heights (2003) / Against All Odds (2004) w/toolz
DJ Steve R. 9:25 PM - 5 June, 2015
Digital Underground - Doowatchyalike & Kiss You Back
DJ Steve R. 10:11 PM - 5 June, 2015
Diddy - Bad Boy for Life
DJMark 10:46 PM - 5 June, 2015
LL Cool J "Mama Said Knock You Out" Xtendz: intro and outro are pitched slightly faster than the rest of the song.
Smash Vision 6:30 PM - 8 June, 2015
Quote:
LL Cool J "Mama Said Knock You Out" Xtendz: intro and outro are pitched slightly faster than the rest of the song.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll have a corrected version up soon.

Regarding all the requests - We're adding all these to the list and we will try and do as many as possible. We have several requests that have been emailed as well so we're trying to squeeze in as many as possible along with our regular programming.

Thanks guys!
DJ Steve R. 5:35 AM - 12 June, 2015
David Banner - Touchin

Watchwww.youtube.com
skinnyguy 8:29 AM - 12 June, 2015
Dream ft Diddy & Kain - This Is Me remix
popnwave 2:02 PM - 13 June, 2015
Sheppard "Geronimo" - been on various world charts since April 2014 and now (barely) on the Top 40 here in the US.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:15 PM - 15 June, 2015
Jason Derulo - Try Me
DJMark 9:33 PM - 15 June, 2015
An early 80's new wave lost classic:

Watchwww.youtube.com

And one of their other songs:

Watchwww.youtube.com
popnwave 10:02 PM - 15 June, 2015
Quote:
An early 80's new wave lost classic:

Watchwww.youtube.com

And one of their other songs:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Man.. I lost an auction back in the day for a betamax tape with Jet Fighter on it. Never came across another copy. MTV2/M2 was so cool when they played every video in their library when they first launched, so many clips I've never seen elsewhere.
popnwave 10:03 PM - 15 June, 2015
Whoops I stand corrected it was in 2000!

"Starting on January 1, 2000, in honor of the millennium, MTV2 attempted to play every music video in the MTV library in alphabetical order.[4] While a majority of videos were played, many were skipped over. The special ended in mid-April 2000."
DJMark 10:18 PM - 15 June, 2015
I'm going to guess the only way to get either of those videos is if they were released on Rock America or Telegenics when they were new. "Her Head's Revolving" came out a few years later on IRS (then distributed through A&M I think) so that would likely be easier to find.
popnwave 10:25 PM - 15 June, 2015
Quote:
I'm going to guess the only way to get either of those videos is if they were released on Rock America or Telegenics when they were new. "Her Head's Revolving" came out a few years later on IRS (then distributed through A&M I think) so that would likely be easier to find.

I think RA missed that video, it wasn't on my Mainstream, Dance or self-tltled "aka alternative / new wave" series u-matics at any point in 82-83 :(
DJ Michael Timex 4:05 AM - 16 June, 2015
Poison Clan - Dance All Night
Queen Latifah - Dance For Me
Joshua Carl 8:50 PM - 24 June, 2015
love to see the TLC complete catalog with some blenx and maybe some 540/720

(especially hat to the back and what about your friends)
Selector Jay 4:11 AM - 29 June, 2015
Something about the audio of Patorankin Ft Wande Coal - My Woman. Kinda distorting.
DJ Reflex 2:43 AM - 30 June, 2015
VJ-Pro: You guys are on point. Thanks for loading my requests... got 'em!
DJ Rice Cube 2:42 AM - 2 July, 2015
Any chance to get.....

MC Breed- Ain't No Future In Yo Frontin

youtu.be

Das Efx - Mic Checka (Remix)
DJMark 10:40 PM - 2 July, 2015
Is "Screenplay" dead and gone?

Noticed no Screenplay content for the last two months...
Culprit 12:10 AM - 3 July, 2015
I think screenplay is associated with vjpro/smashvission. They are always updating content?
Culprit 12:15 AM - 3 July, 2015
your right, besides the Smash Vission Programming, last updates were 4/30/15 on everything else.
marx 12:49 AM - 3 July, 2015
Quote:

The concept of Screenplay monthlies has been retired. As we post content daily (and it actually amounts to far more content that way) and since we discarded disc service, the monthlies sort of became a redundant concept.
DJMark 3:01 AM - 3 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The concept of Screenplay monthlies has been retired. As we post content daily (and it actually amounts to far more content that way) and since we discarded disc service, the monthlies sort of became a redundant concept.

I'm not heartbroken over it ("disc service" sounds rather quaint in 2015 LOL), and the SP service in general wasn't up to SV standards (especially now with HD videos the norm)...just wondered, since I saw no mention of it anywhere.

Actually the SP stuff was in a way a PITA. I pay pretty close attention to what I've downloaded, but more than once I found myself downloading a SP video only to later realize I already had a better "SV" copy. And the whole monthly "dump" of 3-4 pages to wade through (sometimes with some SV videos mixed in to the SP, if viewing all) could be a bit much.
nik39 9:11 AM - 3 July, 2015
DJMark, true, I agree that this was a problem.

But I always like the urban monthly selection. There were a few tracks here and there which were not completely main stream which (AFAIK) did not find their way into Smash's catalog. Am I wrong?
DJMark 10:02 AM - 3 July, 2015
Quote:
But I always like the urban monthly selection. There were a few tracks here and there which were not completely main stream which (AFAIK) did not find their way into Smash's catalog. Am I wrong?

No you're not wrong.
Culprit 4:38 PM - 3 July, 2015
Quote:

I understand the move and decision. This will effect only the hardcore guys who want the hard to find stuff that wouldnt fit on the smash roster, but business wise its a smart move to allocate the time to the important stuff.
popnwave 11:37 PM - 4 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I understand the move and decision. This will effect only the hardcore guys who want the hard to find stuff that wouldnt fit on the smash roster, but business wise its a smart move to allocate the time to the important stuff.

They still post "single" versions of tracks.. it just means we have to bring it to their attention vs. waiting for it to be serviced in a blanket fashion.
Joshua Carl 8:22 PM - 7 July, 2015
More Kygo
djpuma_gemini 8:26 PM - 7 July, 2015
^Agreed.
Have you been playing stole the show?
I love that one.
popnwave 9:45 PM - 9 July, 2015
I have like 3 different versions.. but I'd love a good set of toolz for:

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round

That damn song can sound so tinny on the CD releases too. The Murder Mix on the vinyl single is soooooo good, I should go rerip it. But a snipz/xtendz would be nice to have.
Joshua Carl 7:50 AM - 10 July, 2015
Teairra Marie- Make a girl Feel
Blenx and xtendz from instrumental
(With the melody)
540+
Culprit 7:59 PM - 10 July, 2015
i just wanna remind everyone that the smashvission ap is seriously op.

It's like the greatest invention to ever belong to any record pool period. It's the BFG 9000 of record pool apps, and only smash vission has it, or an app dedicated to downloading that I know of.
djpuma_gemini 10:03 PM - 10 July, 2015
^ I use it weekly.
Nothing like riding the bus home from work and downloading your latest videos if you have the app open.
They're all done by the time you get home.
BOOM!
Culprit 4:50 PM - 11 July, 2015
Quote:
^ I use it weekly.
Nothing like riding the bus home from work and downloading your latest videos if you have the app open.
BOOM!

Lunch time at work yo.. all iz im sayinz
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:12 PM - 11 July, 2015
Is it on android? The App.

I like the cloud rescue of the pool. I couldn't find a few of my 2pacs today and cloud rescue to the rescue.
dj kreate 1:24 AM - 13 July, 2015
dont fear the reaper, with the snl skit of course
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:30 AM - 29 July, 2015
I will like to know smashvidz criteria for grouping songs into "old school/classics" category?

This is of importance to me as i have the pro subscription and i'm happy with the limitation of not being able to download 1080p videos.

A quick search of a random artist like Iyaz or Ciara will shed some light into this.

Lately i have seen tunes from 2006 - 2011 being tagged "old school/classics".

Up until recently i was able to download videos from the 2000s in 720. Now i can't and i still have the same subscription.
djpuma_gemini 3:24 PM - 29 July, 2015
I believe that anything over a few years that was a radio hit will be labeled as old school/classic from Smash.
Obviously my old school is 90s, but those songs from 06-11 are old and considered classics in the sense that they still work at spots.
Regarding the 720p encodes, it all depends on what source they get and if they can upconvert them to a nice 720P video.
I'm sure it also depends on if the video looks any better at 720P vs the 540qHD of some videos.
Some videos from the late 2000's might have been shot in HD; so they can truly have a HD video, but some might only get to them in 360 or even just a 29.976fps interlaced vob file.
Either way, they do a great job of upconverting and it's not just changing the resolution of the file to 1280x720.

my $.02
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:34 PM - 29 July, 2015
I am not questioning the quality of the videos at all. They do an excellent job.

I am just curious as to why two different tracks by the same artist released in the same year - Video A is grouped as "Old/School Classics" and Video B is "Urban".

Going by @djpuma's earlier post will that be because "Video A" still works at spots, and How do they know "Video B" doesn't work at my spot?
Jim Davis Productions 3:52 PM - 29 July, 2015
What DJ Marv is saying is -- he previously had access to certain videos at 720p with his subscription level. Now he no longer has access to 720p because they have been re-classified as "old school," and his subscription level only provides 540qHD for "old school" videos.

Further, he's wondering why video B from 2006 is labeled "Urban" - which means he has access to 720p under his subscription -- while video A from 2006 is labled "old school," limiting him to downloading the 540qHD version.

I'm in the same boat... I have the "pro," not the "elite" subscription. (Fortunately I spent about a week downloading ~1000 old school videos when I started subscribing a few months ago, so I've got lots of them in 720p already I figured it was a glitch and jumped on it).
djpuma_gemini 4:19 PM - 29 July, 2015
ah, I see.
I went balls to the wall and got the Elite package cause I'm I love videos!!

Not sure about the old school/vs urban aspect.

@marv, which two videos are you referring to?
djpuma_gemini 4:27 PM - 29 July, 2015
I see Beyonce - Get Me Bodied at 360P is labeled Rhythmic/Top 40 and at 540qHD is labeled Old School/Classics.
I believe it has to do with the fact that they had to spend extra time to upconvert that file to 540qHD, so they limit that to elite subscribers.
This is just my assumption and not from their mouthes.
Or if a file was a huge classic, they label it that way to keep it for the elite members.

They have to have a way to entice people to become elite subscribers, so from a business standpoint I understand it.

Chaka Khan - I Feel For You (Huge record from the 80s) is labeled Old School/Classics instead of RnB. Once again, I get why the did that.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:08 PM - 29 July, 2015
@Jim Davis Spot on! Im currently subscribed to two video pools and I was quite content with the 720p for regular files and QHD for classics that's why I didn't go Elite!

Lately 720p files that previously would have been tagged under a regular genre like "R&B" are now all under "old school/classic"

I checked the pool this afternoon and they posted another "Old School/Classic" Iyaz - Solo (but only 1080p and 720p)
DJMark 11:08 PM - 31 July, 2015
"Elite"? "Pro"? I've subscribed to Smashvidz for 6 years (obviously changing over to "VJ Pro" when that happened in March 2012) and I have no idea what "Elite" and "Pro" mean.

I pay the yearly rate, and usually buy 500 credits at a time. Am I missing out on anything?

Seems like certain things aren't being made particularly clear, and I'm pretty detail oriented.
popnwave 11:31 PM - 31 July, 2015
Quote:
"Elite"? "Pro"? I've subscribed to Smashvidz for 6 years (obviously changing over to "VJ Pro" when that happened in March 2012) and I have no idea what "Elite" and "Pro" mean.

I pay the yearly rate, and usually buy 500 credits at a time. Am I missing out on anything?

Seems like certain things aren't being made particularly clear, and I'm pretty detail oriented.

There's two sites now.. the credit based and the monthly all you can eat one.. vj-pro vs smash visions.net
Culprit 6:06 PM - 1 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

There's two sites now.. the credit based and the monthly all you can eat one.. vj-pro vs smash visions.net

Yes hit smashvission.com and sign up. Its fairly new!
popnwave 10:47 PM - 1 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Too many Ssssssss :D www.smashvision.net
Yes hit smashvission.com and sign up. Its fairly new!
popnwave 10:48 PM - 1 August, 2015
DERP TIME.. how I managed to scroll down to the bottom and still end up inside the quote is beyond me.
DJMark 12:10 AM - 2 August, 2015
Okay I did know about the new smashvision site, thought access to that was part of my membership/credits on "VJ Pro".

With membership/credits on VJ Pro, am I supposed to be missing anything that is on the smashvision site? I do see one new song (Kieran Alleyne "Be Around") that as of this writing is on smashvisions but not VJ Pro.
popnwave 7:21 AM - 2 August, 2015
I think some of the 0 hour edits they do appear on the smash site vs, but the delay is usually over weekends that I've noticed. By the following biz day they catch up.
Jim Davis Productions 12:48 AM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:

With membership/credits on VJ Pro, am I supposed to be missing anything that is on the smashvision site? I do see one new song (Kieran Alleyne "Be Around") that as of this writing is on smashvisions but not VJ Pro.

As far as I can tell, VJ Pro has a much, much broader back catalog of classics/old school tracks. Also, as a mobile DJ I play a good amount of country and Smashvision is pretty weak in that particular area.

I think (just my observation) that VJ-Pro has a broader catalog (decade and genre-wise) whereas Smashvision focuses on the latest top 40/hip-hop/EDM.

Speaking of country... @Marx is there a way we can get better country selection in general on Smashvision?
Smash Vision 2:16 AM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:

Speaking of country... @Marx is there a way we can get better country selection in general on Smashvision?

For Country Music content on the site, we keep up with a majority of current releases from all the majors labels as they become available. Along with some independent label releases and some redrums/remixes of most of the top tracks, we try to cover as much as we can. If you feel there's some gaps that are missing, you can email specific titles to requests@vj-pro.com and we'd be happy to review them and see if they are available.

- Greg
Frozone 1:42 PM - 3 August, 2015
I'm looking for BEP - Yesterday - Xtendz and Snipz.
djpuma_gemini 4:37 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:

They're up on smashvision.net
DJMark 5:55 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

But NOT on VJ-Pro (I just checked). And Kieran Alleyne "Be Around" still isn't on VJ-Pro either as of right now.

Do I really need to pay separately to both sites to get everything??
Culprit 8:07 PM - 3 August, 2015
no you only need one subscription. You should sign up for smashvission as soon as possible
djpuma_gemini 6:55 AM - 4 August, 2015
^exactly.
I switched over a few months back and love the new site. No filtering through older screenplay stuff.
Culprit 5:34 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
^exactly.
I switched over a few months back and love the new site. No filtering through older screenplay stuff.

the screenplay stuff still has its perks tho with the rare videos.
DJ Reflex 3:47 AM - 5 August, 2015
How about "Bass Phenomenon" by Tim Deluxe
nik39 11:18 PM - 5 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But NOT on VJ-Pro (I just checked). And Kieran Alleyne "Be Around" still isn't on VJ-Pro either as of right now.

The more interesting question is... Why is it available on one site and not in the other one?
+confused+
Culprit 12:05 AM - 6 August, 2015
It looks like both sites are pulling from the same database, but maybe vj-pro's database algorithm is different therefore not showing up in the search results.
DJMark 12:07 AM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The more interesting question is... Why is it available on one site and not in the other one?
+confused+

YES, CONFUSED AND MORE THAN A LITTLE ANNOYED. (all caps entirely intentional).

I spend hundreds of dollars a year, and get answers (or non-answers, in this case) that are as clear as mud.
Culprit 12:09 AM - 6 August, 2015
The clear answer is sign up for smashvission.net. It is still being maintained, not so sure about vj-pro.net.
DJMark 12:10 AM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
The clear answer is sign up for smashvission.net. It is still being maintained, not so sure about vj-pro.net.

If that's the case, why is VJ-Pro not informing its members of this?
Culprit 12:19 AM - 6 August, 2015
Your best bet is to contact them directly about that.

We haven't Heard much from Doug Howard or DJ MisterE in a minute. Safe to say things are changing behind the scenes and we will probably get an update anytime
Frozone 12:47 AM - 6 August, 2015
I have a screenplay.net account ( Switched from VJ-pro ) and when I search for BEP yesterday it's not there. Strange.... www.smashvision.net
DJMark 1:49 AM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
I have a screenplay.net account ( Switched from VJ-pro ) and when I search for BEP yesterday it's not there. Strange.... www.smashvision.net

Weird, I definitely saw it there the other day.

I also signed up for a smashvision account some months back. At the time, I thought it was merely a SUBSET of VJ-Pro (no Screenplay content).
popnwave 2:16 AM - 6 August, 2015
Just email the dudes.
Frozone 8:17 PM - 6 August, 2015
Hard to find RnB Jams,

Luther Vandross - I really didn't mean it

Alexander O'Neal - Fake

S.O.S Band - Take your Time ( do it right )
youtu.be

Alexander O'Neal - If you were here tonight
youtu.be

Joyce Sims - Come into my life
youtu.be

Al B.,Sure - Night and Day Extended
youtu.be

Tevin cambell - Can we Talk
youtu.be

Brownstone - If you love me

Mint Condition - U Send Me Swingin'
youtu.be

U.N.V - So in Love with you
youtu.be

Goodfellaz - Sugar Honey Ice Tea
youtu.be
Frozone 8:22 PM - 6 August, 2015
Lloyd Ft Lil Wayne - I want you
youtu.be

Twista - Overnight Celebrity
youtu.be

Blackstreet - Before I Let you go
youtu.be
Frozone 8:25 PM - 6 August, 2015
Blackstreet - Before I let you go
youtu.be

Guy - Let's chill
youtu.be

Guy - Fantasy
youtu.be
Jim Davis Productions 11:00 PM - 9 August, 2015
This is an email I sent to VJ-Pro on 4/29/15, which provides an "official" word on the VJ-Pro vs. Smashvision issue (albeit with no details):

Quote:

Yes. The programming scope is not the same on Smash as it is on VJ-Pro. That is one of the differences between the sites.

VJ-Pro/SmashVision Support

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 9:13 PM, <[email address redacted]> wrote:
User ID: 539
Name: James Davis
Email: [email address redacted]

I've noticed that some titles available through VJ-Pro's search feature do not come up in SmashVision. Is this intentional, or am I doing something wrong? Typically they are older/classic titles where I'm noticing this.

Thanks,
Jim
DJ Rice Cube 9:13 PM - 11 August, 2015
Hello, any chance if possible to get a copy of Magazine 60 - Don Quichotte. Thanks

youtu.be
Robb Royale 2:34 PM - 12 August, 2015
Requests (Regular & Xtendz)

Sean Paul feat. Sasha - I'm Still In Love With You
Shaggy - Boombastic {RMX}
Joee 12:22 AM - 16 August, 2015
just noticed a smash vision email …..saying unlimited downloads? did they switch back to a monthly fee unlimited download pool again?

no more credits system?
Jim Davis Productions 1:51 PM - 16 August, 2015
Correct... No credits on Smashvision, download all you want for your flat monthly fee.

They still use credits on VJ-Pro though.
Joee 3:55 PM - 16 August, 2015
thank you sir
marx 8:05 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Culprit
i just wanna remind everyone that the smashvission ap is seriously op.

It's like the greatest invention to ever belong to any record pool period. It's the BFG 9000 of record pool apps, and only smash vission has it, or an app dedicated to downloading that I know of.

Quote:
djpuma_gemini
^ I use it weekly.
BOOM!

If you haven’t tried this yet you can do so by downloading our Desktop Downloader and iPhone app (Android is coming in 60 days). You can download this app after you login and it’s on the top right menu. Once you install the Desktop downloader set it to “Auto Download” enabling this feature will force download anything you put in your queue. With the iPhone/Android apps you can browse and queue your videos on the go, so if you leave your computer running and the Desktop Downloader open, everything you put in your queue will automatically download. Checkout the tutorial here:

youtu.be

You can watch our other tutorials here:

www.youtube.com
marx 8:10 PM - 16 August, 2015
Disclaimer, I have grouped certain posts so I can answer multiple questions at the same time, but I ensured that the posters name was included with the original post/question.

Quote:
DJ Marv the Maverick
I will like to know smashvidz criteria for grouping songs into "old school/classics" category?

This is of importance to me as i have the pro subscription and i'm happy with the limitation of not being able to download 1080p videos.

A quick search of a random artist like Iyaz or Ciara will shed some light into this.

Lately i have seen tunes from 2006 - 2011 being tagged "old school/classics".

Our general rule of thumb is 5 years believe it or not, at this point we know if the record has a shelf life or not. Obviously some records work stronger in certain markets vs others but we try to keep it balanced as consistency is key.

Quote:
DJ Marv the Maverick
Up until recently i was able to download videos from the 2000s in 720. Now i can't and i still have the same subscription.

Quote:
Jim Davis Productions
I'm in the same boat... I have the "pro," not the "elite" subscription. (Fortunately I spent about a week downloading ~1000 old school videos when I started subscribing a few months ago, so I've got lots of them in 720p already I figured it was a glitch and jumped on it).

Jim is correct, this was glitch that wasn’t realized until later on. Some people do what Jim did, and others like Marv didn’t realize what they’re were downloading was an Elite feature.
marx 8:37 PM - 16 August, 2015
Disclaimer, I have grouped certain posts so I can answer multiple questions at the same time, but I ensured that the posters name was included with the original post/question.

Quote:
DJ Marv the Maverick
I am just curious as to why two different tracks by the same artist released in the same year - Video A is grouped as "Old/School Classics" and Video B is "Urban".

Quote:
Jim Davis Productions
He's wondering why video B from 2006 is labeled "Urban" - which means he has access to 720p under his subscription -- while video A from 2006 is labled "old school," limiting him to downloading the 540qHD version.

Quote:
DJ Marv the Maverick
@Jim Davis Spot on! Im currently subscribed to two video pools and I was quite content with the 720p for regular files and QHD for classics that's why I didn't go Elite!

Lately 720p files that previously would have been tagged under a regular genre like "R&B" are now all under "old school/classic"

I checked the pool this afternoon and they posted another "Old School/Classic" Iyaz - Solo (but only 1080p and 720p)

I see why there’s some confusion here. If you look back this has always happened (on VJ-Pro) but no one really took notice as it didn’t change if you could download it or not. As we move forward we’re remastering videos we’ve already done in the past. An example of this which was just brought up is Beyonce - Get Me Bodied. The 360 of this was originally posted in 2010, being the song originally came out in 2006 it was posted under Rhythmic/Top 40. We just remastered it to 540 last month so it was posted under Old School/Classic accordance to our 5 year general rule of thumb. The 360 imo should be updated to Old School/Classic as well, but in this case we’ve just disabled it entirely. There is no reason anyone should download a 360 if a 540 is available, it’s just clutter at this point in time. And Pro users have access to 540’s

As a quick side note we’re not reclassifying anything just to limit access. Fact is if we remaster it, you need to have an Elite subscription to access it. We’re the only ones in this market dedicating this amount of time into this kind of quality.

Now where it gets interesting is what DJ Marv has brought up, Iyaz - Solo. Here’s a case where it’s an Old School/Classic record according to our general rule of thumb as it was originally released on 2010 and we just remastered it from a 1080 last month. Lately (and I say lately because as we move forward we will change how we do things to evolve with the times and technology) when we release a 1080 we also release a 720 only. We used to also release a 540, but at this point in time it’s just plain overkill for your day to day releases, everyones machine needs to handle playing back two 720’s. This is the same reason we disabled Beyonce’s 360 when a 540 was made available. So back to DJ Marv’s point, because he has a Pro Membership he’s unable to download the Iyaz - Solo video. Going forward I’ll make sure the team also makes a 540 when a 1080 Old School/Classic pack is created, that’ll give Pro members access to the re-issues that have been remastered. If this changes in the future (releasing three resolutions per video), which is very likely, at that point chances are you'll have access to the 720's (or whatever resolution), again continuing to evolve. Thanks Marv for the heads up.

2nd side note while I'm in here. For the most part it isn't so black and white as "always release a 720, 1080 etc when X happens" resolutions is just one aspect of it. You'll see this at times when a new track drops and we only do a 720, but in other cases we do both 720 and 540. Most likely this will because of the videos floating bitrate, or possibly it's because the track is just an alright track so wasting time on producing more resolutions is time wasted. Again your machine needs to be able to playback two 720's easily...there's so much more coming your machine needs to be ready for, you don't want that shit hindering you.
marx 8:38 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
DJ Marv the Maverick
Is it on android? The App.

The Android app will be released within 60 days.
marx 8:39 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
DJ Marv the Maverick
I like the cloud rescue of the pool. I couldn't find a few of my 2pacs today and cloud rescue to the rescue.

If you’ve ever been stranded without your files you’ll know how powerful this feature is. Any file you’ve downloaded can be recovered from your Cloud Rescue queue.

youtu.be

You can watch our other tutorials here:

www.youtube.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:32 PM - 16 August, 2015
Thanks for responding to my questions.

I will like to see more African music in the pool too from artistes like
Wizkid
Davido
Flavour
Wande Coal
Mavins
Tiwa Savage
Uhuru
Oskido
Olamide
Timaya
Iyanya
etc
Jim Davis Productions 12:07 PM - 17 August, 2015
Thanks for the explanations Marx. I like that the 540 is being dropped for new releases, I would find myself accidentally downloading 540 when I meant to download 720.

So when are you guys gonna start releasing 4k?!? (Just kidding.)
Smash Vision 3:56 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:

So when are you guys gonna start releasing 4k?!? (Just kidding.)

No need to kid ;)

- G
Smash Vision 3:57 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Thanks for responding to my questions.

I will like to see more African music in the pool too from artistes like
Wizkid
Davido
Flavour
Wande Coal
Mavins
Tiwa Savage
Uhuru
Oskido
Olamide
Timaya
Iyanya
etc

Please email us with specific titles and we'll look into what's available.
djpuma_gemini 5:16 PM - 17 August, 2015
Great clarification Marx.

Now I see why I need to stay with that Elite status. True 1080's or 720 upconverts!!!
Jim Davis Productions 6:23 PM - 17 August, 2015
Marx/SmashVision,

Obviously I realize you guys pride yourselves on your video quality, and I wouldn't expect you to give away any trade secrets... but for the sake of guys like me that are considering upgrading to Elite -- can you tell us anything about what conditions you require on a master in order to remaster and publish in 720p or 1080p? (I would assume, for example, that if you happened to have a FILM master of a given video, that releasing a 1080p version is a no-brainer, whereas a tape master would be less cut-and-dry... I'm guessing you guys try to find, say, the PAL version of tapes in order to create 540p versions).
popnwave 8:07 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Marx/SmashVision,

Obviously I realize you guys pride yourselves on your video quality, and I wouldn't expect you to give away any trade secrets... but for the sake of guys like me that are considering upgrading to Elite -- can you tell us anything about what conditions you require on a master in order to remaster and publish in 720p or 1080p? (I would assume, for example, that if you happened to have a FILM master of a given video, that releasing a 1080p version is a no-brainer, whereas a tape master would be less cut-and-dry... I'm guessing you guys try to find, say, the PAL version of tapes in order to create 540p versions).

And I will say, whatever their method is, no one else can touch it. I LOVE PO and the guys that are there, but their 720p up converts are hot poop :/
Culprit 8:07 PM - 17 August, 2015
source is always key, mov source files. Hard to come by for older titles, so lets say at minimum 8k-10k birate dvd/vob files that need basic minor deinterlacing/ivtcing to accomplish that good ol source quality.

Then the editing is up to how picky the editor is to polish the project. time vs release. If were talking strictly older releases.
Jim Davis Productions 8:13 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
I LOVE PO and the guys that are there, but their 720p up converts are hot poop :/

+1... I don't even think they go back to the original MPEG/VOB. It looks like multiple-generation conversion to me... take the 360p MP4, scale it up, and lop off the top and bottom to make it 16:9 aspect ratio, and re-encode. The position and look of the chryon is really what makes me think this is the case. But we digress...
Culprit 9:17 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I LOVE PO and the guys that are there, but their 720p up converts are hot poop :/

+1... I don't even think they go back to the original MPEG/VOB. It looks like multiple-generation conversion to me... take the 360p MP4, scale it up, and lop off the top and bottom to make it 16:9 aspect ratio, and re-encode. The position and look of the chryon is really what makes me think this is the case. But we digress...

Promo Only's inability to accept updated industry standards and user requirements is what keeps people away from them. I think they have the ability to be a top contender if they can accept our feedback. Their lack of communication via the Serato forums also shows that their focus is just elsewhere entirely as well.
djpuma_gemini 10:12 PM - 17 August, 2015
Promo who?
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:59 AM - 20 August, 2015
Quote:
Please email us with specific titles and we'll look into what's available.

Afrobeats Request

Davido ft Mafikizolo - Tchelete (Good Life) Watchwww.youtube.com
LAX - Morenike Watchwww.youtube.com
Wande Coal - Baby Hello Watchwww.youtube.com
Bracket ft Tecno - Panya Watchwww.youtube.com
Diamond Platnumz ft Flavour - Nana Watchwww.youtube.com
Runtown ft Uhuru - Banger Watchwww.youtube.com
Olamide - Lagos Boys Watchwww.youtube.com
Olamide - Bobo Watchwww.youtube.com
Kiss Daniel ft Tiwa Savage & Davido - Woju (Remix) Watchwww.youtube.com
Kiss Daniel - Laye Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:25 AM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:

Afrobeats Request

Davido ft Mafikizolo - Tchelete (Good Life) Watchwww.youtube.com

I see you uploaded this, Nice One.

By the way, genre is Afrobeats though. Easy to miss as you grouped it has dancehall.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:48 PM - 1 October, 2015
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:49 PM - 1 October, 2015
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:52 PM - 1 October, 2015
Robb Royale 5:00 PM - 1 October, 2015

This is already on the site. I just got it the other day.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:32 PM - 20 October, 2015
U used to call me on my cell phone
Late night when you need my love
And I know when that Hotline Bling....

Or was that a Apple Music ONLY exclusive yesterday?

digg.com

I think it's up on Xtenda - not sure on VJstreet yet
Jim Davis Productions 4:36 PM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:

That can only mean one thing...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:44 PM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

That can only mean one thing...

LOL - that song has been in my head since it first dropped. Some chick requested "Drake - Cha Cha Remix" when that song first came out when i was spinning a audio only gig.

I ask "You mean DRAM - Cha Cha - let me see if I have a remix"

She says - "No it's Drake"

I say "Does Drake do a verse on the Cha Cha Remix"??

I mix in DRAM - Cha Cha - she goes and dance - come back in a minute - "can I hear the Drake one???"

She says " No its called Hotline Cellphone - I think"

I search Drake - Hotline - BOOM pops up

and I blend in - she squeals happy as shit...
djpuma_gemini 8:37 PM - 20 October, 2015
I have been playing hotline bling every chance I get and the crowd cheers every time like I'm dropping too short's - blow the whistle.
They love that damn song.
Play cha cha right before and it's hit or miss.
Frankie Glasses 10:55 PM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:
I have been playing hotline bling every chance I get and the crowd cheers every time like I'm dropping too short's - blow the whistle.
They love that damn song.
Play cha cha right before and it's hit or miss.

Same here....
EVERYTIME it comes on i tell my kids about the OG sample. Drives my kids crazy hahaha. gotta teach the youngsters though!
Watchwww.youtube.com
Maskrider 8:04 PM - 23 October, 2015
So where is that Hotline Bling? Xtenda already have it.
djpuma_gemini 8:09 PM - 23 October, 2015
It's already up.
Maskrider 11:22 PM - 23 October, 2015
at Xtenda….Yes not on VJ-Pro
popnwave 2:05 PM - 24 October, 2015
Quote:

It's there too, homey. Use the search function.
Maskrider 9:45 AM - 25 October, 2015
BS It's not on VJpro
Maskrider 9:47 AM - 25 October, 2015
When are you gonna put it up Smashvidz?
Maskrider 10:39 AM - 25 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

lol......If it was there I won't be here asking about it.
popnwave 1:12 PM - 25 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i.imgur.com
slimmjimm 1:42 PM - 25 October, 2015
How about Toploader - Dancing in the Moonlight.

This is serious request BTW.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:35 PM - 25 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i.imgur.com

They posted it 1 or 3 days after I asked for it abovre
Maskrider 5:33 PM - 25 October, 2015
Lol...My bad I Didn't know until now that there is a separate website for smashvision.
thanks for the info.
DJMark 4:06 AM - 28 October, 2015
So VJ-Pro subscribers got "Hotline Bling" a week after Smashvision subscribers.

I've subscribed to VJ-Pro for the last 6-7 years, am I supposed to be cancelling that and going over to Smashvision? I'm not seeing any real clear explanation of what the differences are supposed to be. I've looked over both sites' recent adds carefully and don't notice any particular format/music differences, just some cases where one site is missing something that's on the other one.

Will someone please give some clear explanation? Other than that VJ-pro still has the old Screenplay content, I'm not getting what the differentiation is supposed to be.
popnwave 1:25 PM - 28 October, 2015
Different sub styles, one you can milk for a long time with a block of credits (VJ-Pro) and one you pay anywhere from $37-57/mo if you go monthly (cheaper to do a year up front) for all you can eat type access.

I'd think by now the VJ-Pro back catalogue is in the clear and the only thing worth getting is the remasters that the Smashvidz team posts to Smashvidz.com.
Maskrider 1:40 AM - 30 October, 2015
So basically Smashvidz applied the Xtendamix business model.
popnwave 11:44 AM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
So basically Smashvidz applied the Xtendamix business model.

Sorta... Xtenda still uses a hybrid credits + monthly sub that technically can limit what you grab. Smashvisions, you get the top tier and there are no limitations.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:59 AM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
Oh Snap... I was searching for a audio track on iTunes and ran across this video

Watchwww.youtube.com
Lil' Louis and the World - Club Lonely

Never knew there was an official - wow...

Uh... posting here just in case for a Snipz (and Xtendz)?

: )
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:34 AM - 18 November, 2015
Damn - that Robin Thicke - When I Get You Alone from 2002

He was a Hipster before Hipsters were cool - now he is blue eyed soul & (was) cool as hell - lol

just sayin....
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:42 AM - 19 November, 2015
WSTRN - In2

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:07 AM - 19 November, 2015
Nate Dogg - Never Leave Me Alone

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:08 AM - 19 November, 2015
Nate Dogg - These Days

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:10 AM - 19 November, 2015
Fabolous ft Nate Dogg - Can't deny It

Watchwww.youtube.com
djpuma_gemini 11:39 PM - 19 November, 2015
^ The king of hooks
popnwave 1:29 AM - 29 November, 2015
Anyone know the story on the proper Nicki Minaj "Truffle Butter" video? Did it get released and then pulled? Only the lyric video is up on any pool :/
Culprit 7:30 PM - 29 November, 2015
Who knows probably a budget issue
F.Franzén 2:45 PM - 10 December, 2015
Hello,
I would ike to have some more Disco songs like

Eruption - One Way Ticket
Boney M - any song..
Kool n the gang - Fresh
Earth, Wind n Fire - September (Throttle Remix)
Joshua Carl 5:44 PM - 10 December, 2015
Jack Millz JUST did that September video on Crooklyn
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:48 AM - 11 December, 2015
New Years Eve countdown tracks please for the following genre - Urban, Top 40 and House
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:24 AM - 13 December, 2015
Any chance of getting a No Breakdown Xtendz on Kendrick Lamar "These Walls" (Clean and Dirty) - HOT ASS SONG & vid but it's a floor killer at the 3:00 mark but that scene at the 2:50 mark is hilarious - worth keeping but tricky timing the mix out....
Culprit 1:54 AM - 14 December, 2015
Quote:
Any chance of getting a No Breakdown Xtendz on Kendrick Lamar "These Walls" (Clean and Dirty) - HOT ASS SONG & vid but it's a floor killer at the 3:00 mark but that scene at the 2:50 mark is hilarious - worth keeping but tricky timing the mix out....

Yes please need this as well
JD WAS. 4:58 PM - 14 December, 2015
Hey guys how much is smash for a yearly subscription?
popnwave 5:23 PM - 14 December, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys how much is smash for a yearly subscription?

Depends on what you want access to.. there's free, $347 and $467. Or you can go month to month. Pretty flexible.
Culprit 5:34 PM - 14 December, 2015
Pay the yearly its cheaper
JD WAS. 6:58 PM - 14 December, 2015
Thanks
Culprit 6:28 AM - 17 December, 2015
just wanted to add, when it comes to the spanish stuff, smashvission is really kicking ass. I always gatta buy the dvds.. rip.. edit.. but since overlooking the catalog, wow..
djpuma_gemini 5:22 PM - 17 December, 2015
Yes, go with yearly sub. Much better deal.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:54 AM - 19 December, 2015
Thanks for the Kendrick - These Walls [No Breakdown] - sweet!
Millz 12:19 AM - 27 December, 2015
No problem :)
popnwave 3:12 AM - 4 January, 2016
I'd love to see a toolz'd up version of Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence.
Shorty 10:59 PM - 15 January, 2016
Is there a Drake + Future "Jumpman" video to buy anywhere? I can't seem to find a search function on SV (not sure if there is one) and nothing came up when I was looking on VJ-Pro.
popnwave 12:31 AM - 16 January, 2016
Quote:
Is there a Drake + Future "Jumpman" video to buy anywhere? I can't seem to find a search function on SV (not sure if there is one) and nothing came up when I was looking on VJ-Pro.

Haven't seen a legit video for it anywhere yet, just a fan made one that got lots of hits on YouTube.
Shorty 4:32 AM - 16 January, 2016
Quote:
Haven't seen a legit video for it anywhere yet, just a fan made one that got lots of hits on YouTube.

Just dowloaded the video file for this one and I guess I'll just run the MP3 file along with it:

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:46 PM - 27 January, 2016
Afrobeats request
Cabo Snoop - Windeck
Matt Houston ft P-Square - Positif
DJ Xclusive ft Davido - Wo Le
Frozone 3:35 AM - 14 February, 2016
What is the story behind the new version of smash videos synX?
DJMark 3:57 AM - 14 February, 2016
Quote:
What is the story behind the new version of smash videos synX?

I have to think the idea is that most DJ's will layer them with other visuals.
Dj_Nix 5:35 AM - 14 February, 2016
Quote:
Hello,
I would ike to have some more Disco songs like

Eruption - One Way Ticket
Boney M - any song..
Kool n the gang - Fresh
Earth, Wind n Fire - September (Throttle Remix)

Boy this ewf remix is fiiiiire
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:05 AM - 15 February, 2016
Question - what is the Smash textbook def of SynX?

I know what BlendX and BlendX-In and Snipz are but what technically is a SynX?

Thx in advance....
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:59 AM - 15 February, 2016
Quote:

Thx in advance....

Wondering the same thing to? They ain't exactly the kind of visualisations one can run all night, just waveforms.

Would have loved to see some more Visualisation videos especially for peak hour sets
popnwave 2:52 PM - 15 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Thx in advance....

Wondering the same thing to? They ain't exactly the kind of visualisations one can run all night, just waveforms.

Would have loved to see some more Visualisation videos especially for peak hour sets

Looks like a stopgap method of giving you a track to play that doesn't have an official lyric video made.
marx 5:04 PM - 15 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thx in advance....

Looks like a stopgap method of giving you a track to play that doesn't have an official lyric video made.

This is more spot on.

SynX is basically just a visualizer to trending tracks that doesn't have have an official video released yet, or ever. Definitely a powerful tool for video djs.
djpuma_gemini 8:59 PM - 15 February, 2016
I like the Synx. I downloaded a few and figured exactly what was stated above. To me, it beats just playing your own ambient video for tracks.
Does this mean you can take old stuff and make synx for them too? Toss a little disco background with this and put up some old funk/disco tracks with no videos.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:20 PM - 16 February, 2016
I downloaded one I think for Rihanna new video. All it had was a super imposed photo and waves. I don't think I can run that all night.
Say it had some swirly visuals instead of the image then I will say yes.
Imagine transition from a visually engaging video to that one... Almost like losing visual energy
popnwave 5:03 PM - 16 February, 2016
Quote:
I downloaded one I think for Rihanna new video. All it had was a super imposed photo and waves. I don't think I can run that all night.
Imagine transition from a visually engaging video to that one... Almost like losing visual energy

All night? You'd play it for the song and mix into another one. It's just a tool like anything else, if you have better visuals you can always continue to use them as you always have.

I know video pools have always been dogged by hot tracks that lag WAY behind in videos that sometimes never get made (Truffle Butter, anyone?).
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:17 PM - 16 February, 2016
Quote:
I know video pools have always been dogged by hot tracks that lag WAY behind in videos that sometimes never get made (Back to Back, anyone?).

^^^Fixed...

That said - Any chance of doing a Drake - Back to Back SynX?

That one should have been first on the list.

: )
djpuma_gemini 9:56 PM - 16 February, 2016
^jumpman too
djpuma_gemini 9:56 PM - 16 February, 2016
I played Rihanna work on Saturday, but I have an ambient of all Rihanna that I use for her vids.
marx 9:43 AM - 17 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

All night? You'd play it for the song and mix into another one. It's just a tool like anything else, if you have better visuals you can always continue to use them as you always have.

Yeah, I couldn't see anyone using these one after the other. It's meant to complement your video set.
marx 9:48 AM - 17 February, 2016
We have quite a stack of todo's, but keep the requests coming as always. And just like regular videos, there's much work ahead of us.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:11 AM - 17 February, 2016
Its Smash Vision's Synx vs Mix Emergency Media Bank situation.
popnwave 3:56 PM - 17 February, 2016
Quote:
Its Smash Vision's Synx vs Mix Emergency Media Bank situation.

If I don't have a legit video for something the chryon/track info is nice. I still feel that part of being a VJ is exposing folks to stuff they may not have seen or heard. Media bank is a life saver when there's nothing else, but I'm glad to see Synx pop up.
Joshua Carl 4:47 PM - 17 February, 2016
Synx + Mix Emergency Sequencer and a Sample Player loop = Magic.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:11 PM - 17 February, 2016
Quote:

Hmmm...now it gets interesting.
Maskrider 4:04 AM - 18 February, 2016
Quote:

I wanna see this in action.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:49 AM - 18 February, 2016
I tried this yesterday using Serato Video + Scratch Live

Synx track on deck, QTZ file layered on the Synx and FX, looks good.

Hopefully this means with Synx Smash will be getting new tracks quicker as they dont have to wait for official videos.

Making it the one stop shop for all musical needs.

@SmashVision/VJ-Pro, Have you considered perhaps collaborating with Mix Emergency to start supplying presets/fx/qtz composition files in the pool? Or will this be out of the scope of your business.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:50 AM - 19 April, 2016
Anybody seen Yo Gotti - "Law" yet in any video pools yet?

Watchwww.youtube.com

I liked it the first time I heard it - RATCHET! - Gonna be a THOT banger!
Xtendamix 2:01 AM - 19 April, 2016
We added it last week.
Xtendamix 2:02 AM - 19 April, 2016
Sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread, just replying to the message
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:06 AM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:
We added it last week.

I just searched (AND figured you did already) but was surprised when I didn't see it but will look again...

hmmm...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:10 AM - 19 April, 2016
Ahh ok sorted by date now April 9 - I see it...

Thanks for the Smash bump - need them Snipz too sometimes tho...
djpuma_gemini 3:54 AM - 19 April, 2016
lmao at thot banger.
Code:E 4:27 AM - 19 April, 2016
That video is hilarious. White kid behind the interviewer.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:34 AM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:
White kid behind the interviewer.

Classic...

I watched that shit 3 or 4 times just to concentrate on what the fuck he was doing (after checking out the THOT who's weave got burned by bottle service).

And the "What that Mouf do" in the Interview at the end... ROTFL...

By the way - I think we need his "Down in The DM" also while we on Ratchet requests....

Watchwww.youtube.com

Xtenda has had that one up for months too.
djpuma_gemini 5:23 AM - 19 April, 2016
Smash has down in the DM up on their site.
Wait, it was up there. Not sure where it went.
Joshua Carl 5:13 PM - 19 April, 2016
its still there. funkymix, OG and transitions
djpuma_gemini 5:56 PM - 19 April, 2016
Hmm,

Won't show for me when I search any of these terms:
gotti
down
in the dm
yo gotti

Strange. I know I downloaded them cause they're on my mac.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:31 PM - 19 April, 2016
Quote:
Hmm,

Won't show for me when I search any of these terms:
gotti
down
in the dm
yo gotti

Strange. I know I downloaded them cause they're on my mac.

Same here when I searched - (maybe - I think it is on my External but I think it was just clean/dirty single - no Xtendz/Snipz - will plug in my External later and check)

Maybe it a Smashvision vs VJ Pro thing but I think you are ballin' on VJ Pro, Puma - no?
djpuma_gemini 7:42 PM - 19 April, 2016
I pay for the premo vj pro package. you need to in this day and age.
5 years ago I would edit all my own videos, but with a kid, day job and a house, it's hard to have time to even make remixes.
I'll see if I can still login to the old vj pro account vs smashvision.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:03 PM - 19 April, 2016
So I am on the Poor mans Smash until I can get out from under some if these winter utility bills - then I'll go pro/elite or better yet maybe just go "Eh" again also instead since the seem to get everything fast and first?

:)

Weird that DM isn't showing up
popnwave 8:15 PM - 19 April, 2016
I can't see it on smash either... hmmmm maybe it got pulled at some point?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:18 AM - 20 April, 2016
OK - Down in the DM seems to be back up now...

Ultimix was - 4/15/2016

Original - Updated: 2/9/2016
Added: 2/4/2016

Weird...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:23 AM - 20 April, 2016
WTF - Law is also up now - was posted 4/11/2016 - site weirdness!!!!
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:32 AM - 20 April, 2016
Some videos sneak up on you in SV. Maybe its the upload queue system. I often have to go back to see if i didnt miss any videos in the last batch.

7 outta 10 times i often see new videos i missed from the latest upload batch.

Lol @ poor man's smash. I'm on that tier too. The pricing is just right for me.
Culprit 4:38 AM - 20 April, 2016
possibly the search algorithm needs to be tweaked. Took me forever with my business website to get the search function to work perfect. Had to update my mysql database, but it was hella worth it.
VJBill 7:03 PM - 26 April, 2016
any chance of getting:
1) Meghan Trainor - NO
2) Fifth Harmony Ft Ty Dolla $ign - Work From Home
3) Zayn - pillow talk
4) G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I

thanks
popnwave 7:29 PM - 26 April, 2016
Quote:
any chance of getting:
1) Meghan Trainor - NO
3) Zayn - pillow talk

thanks

Those are all up, as of a month or so ago.
Jim Davis Productions 7:35 PM - 26 April, 2016
Something is definitely weird because I don't see any Meghan Trainor content -- including "No" -- posted. Even "all about that bass" which is a couple years old at this point.
djpuma_gemini 8:31 PM - 26 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
any chance of getting:
1) Meghan Trainor - NO
3) Zayn - pillow talk

thanks

Those are all up, as of a month or so ago.

They're showing for me at the time of this posting.
It could be they're working on the back end to fix the issues regarding tracks not showing up in search.
Culprit 10:31 PM - 26 April, 2016
al-gor-i-th-m

www.google.com

heheh.. hopefully its a simple mysql equation.. Ive been bugging the guys at ck for about a year to fix theirs.
Culprit 3:32 AM - 29 April, 2016
Synx is the shit
DJ GOODFOOT 4:59 AM - 29 April, 2016
Latyrx dropped an official video for "Lady Don't Tek No"!!!! Would love to have.

Watchm.youtube.com
djpuma_gemini 5:00 AM - 29 April, 2016
Quote:
Latyrx dropped an official video for "Lady Don't Tek No"!!!! Would love to have.

Watchm.youtube.com

Whaaatt.
i made an unofficial edit a few years back that I always use.
DJ GOODFOOT 5:38 AM - 29 April, 2016
Damn near 20 years...lots of live footage to work with but nice to have an official now.
Culprit 3:44 PM - 29 April, 2016
I love it when they do that man, I hope to see more of these.
Culprit 4:21 PM - 29 April, 2016
Damn, Pantera, Revolution is My Name. Rip DIME!
Hot Mix BK 8:05 PM - 30 April, 2016
Sheila E - Love Bizarre , Andre Cymone - Dance Electric?? Thanks
Robb Royale 4:08 PM - 11 May, 2016
Jennifer Lopez feat. Ja Rule & Cadillac Tah - Ain't It Funny
DJ Rice Cube 2:49 AM - 28 June, 2016
Any chance to get X Clan - Heed The Word Of The Brother

youtu.be
Lou Dog 5:22 AM - 28 June, 2016
Lil Wayne feat. Drake - Right Above It
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:26 AM - 28 June, 2016
Quote:

youtu.be

Nice...

May as well do Funkin Lesson too

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ GOODFOOT 3:35 PM - 28 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Nice...

May as well do Funkin Lesson too

Watchwww.youtube.com

Classics!!! Would love to have both.
Smash Vision 7:41 PM - 28 June, 2016
Sorry guys, these are unavailable.
Xtendamix 2:57 AM - 29 June, 2016
We have them both videos on Xtendamix for those who have accounts.

Sorry, didn't mean to respond on your thread, that's why I waited for you guys to respond first
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:20 AM - 24 August, 2016
@Smash Vision
I just copped on to the dropbox feature, its a very neat add on. and solves my download baby sitting headaches.

Just wondering if its possible to implement genres subfolders download in the dropbox app. i.e The files should download into folders according to the broad genre you guys use.

Hip Hop files to go into a Hip Hop folder etc

That way post download sorting will be easier especially for guys like me who have music in specific folders.

Thanks
marx 11:47 AM - 24 August, 2016
Quote:
@Smash Vision
I just copped on to the dropbox feature, its a very neat add on. and solves my download baby sitting headaches.

Just wondering if its possible to implement genres subfolders download in the dropbox app. i.e The files should download into folders according to the broad genre you guys use.

Hip Hop files to go into a Hip Hop folder etc

That way post download sorting will be easier especially for guys like me who have music in specific folders.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure it's not possible as Dropbox's API is limited, but I'll check with the developer. If it's possible I'll add it to our dev road map, it definitely would be a good sub feature.
Culprit 8:45 PM - 24 August, 2016
I love the new dropbox feature.
nik39 3:27 PM - 2 September, 2016
Hey marx,

is there any way how to remove the 100track limit on the queue? It really slows my down a lot because I can't review videos very often, so it might be that I have to download a long list of files, but then I have to stop reviewing videos until the tracks have been downloaded and the queue has been emptied :(
nik39 3:30 PM - 2 September, 2016
Quote:
I love the new dropbox feature.

+1
Culprit 6:12 PM - 2 September, 2016
that might be a limitation from the dropbox app its self.
Dj_Nix 11:25 PM - 2 September, 2016
Can someone look up my account... I can't seem to get a password reset.
Smash Vision 2:01 AM - 3 September, 2016
Quote:
Can someone look up my account... I can't seem to get a password reset.

For security purposes to verify your account, please use our contact form or chat client on the site directly.

Thank you.
Dj_Nix 5:31 AM - 3 September, 2016
how do i locate the chat client? i figured how to login (kinda) i used the vjpro reg info but now its making me wait to be confirmed... WTF :) le' sigh, im trying to use this promo code I got.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:26 AM - 3 September, 2016
What's the difference between the two sites by the way? Is the library different?

How can smash subscribers use the labor day promo code?
marx 3:53 PM - 3 September, 2016
Quote:
Hey marx,

is there any way how to remove the 100track limit on the queue? It really slows my down a lot because I can't review videos very often, so it might be that I have to download a long list of files, but then I have to stop reviewing videos until the tracks have been downloaded and the queue has been emptied :(

Yes it's possible, it's more to keep the performance in check. How many are you looking to queue?
marx 4:01 PM - 3 September, 2016
Quote:
how do i locate the chat client? i figured how to login (kinda) i used the vjpro reg info but now its making me wait to be confirmed... WTF :) le' sigh, im trying to use this promo code I got.

Chat client is on www.smashvision.com and the members area www.smashvision.net once you login, but are located at the bottom right of the page.

Can't use the VJ-Pro promo code on SmashVision.
marx 4:08 PM - 3 September, 2016
Quote:
What's the difference between the two sites by the way? Is the library different?

All new content is the same, for the exception of the Screenplay content which is only on VJ-Pro. The main difference is VJ-Pro is based on a credit model while SmashVision is based on a membership model. Smash also has a few other features such as an Android app, Dropbox Sync and Cloud Rescue (which will be coming to VJ-Pro 3.0 soon) details on these features can be found on www.smashvision.com

Quote:
How can smash subscribers use the labor day promo code?

SmashVision will have its own unique promo code coming out tomorrow.
Dj_Nix 9:52 PM - 3 September, 2016
So then is more available on smashvision? Is the back catelog redacted on sv? If you have sv, can you buy vjpro credits w/o also buying the monthly membership if perhaps something obscure shows up that isn't available on sv?
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:58 AM - 4 September, 2016
snoop dogg ft nate dogg - crazy Watchwww.youtube.com
nik39 8:12 AM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Hey marx,

Yes it's possible, it's more to keep the performance in check. How many are you looking to queue?

Is it that much of an issue?
Having a limit of 800 would be helpful I guess. Any chance? ;)
Dj_Nix 12:50 PM - 6 September, 2016
i never got an email with the SV promo code... who do I talk to?
Smash Vision 4:29 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
So then is more available on smashvision? Is the back catelog redacted on sv? If you have sv, can you buy vjpro credits w/o also buying the monthly membership if perhaps something obscure shows up that isn't available on sv?

They are two separate sites with two different payment models. If there's content you want from VJ-Pro, you'll have to have an active account to obtain that, likewise with SmashVision.

Quote:
i never got an email with the SV promo code... who do I talk to?

Contact us through the site, again for security purposes, so we can verify your account info to be able to look it up.
Smash Vision 4:34 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:

I'll add this to our production que.
djpuma_gemini 7:52 PM - 6 September, 2016
I just found out about cloud rescue.
I had deleted sia - cheap thrills (sean paul remix) cause i though the official was out, but it was only the original official. I asked their support for help with maybe resetting the download and low and behold the cloud rescue is amazing.
I thought it was only if you lost your drive and you have to download it all.
That thing is a lifesaver!!
Culprit 7:57 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
I had deleted sia - cheap thrills (sean paul remix) cause i though the official was out, but it was only the original official. I asked their support for help with maybe resetting the download and low and behold the cloud rescue is amazing.

i need to research that.
djpuma_gemini 7:58 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

i need to research that.

It's amazing.
I thought all was lost until I saw the cloud rescue or until Gregg showed me cloud rescue.
Res-Q 8:59 PM - 6 September, 2016
Yes I second that, the cloud is definately helpful, a great feature!
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:46 PM - 6 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I'll add this to our production que.

Thanks
Maskrider 4:46 PM - 12 September, 2016
I'm looking for

Flesh for Lulu - Postcards From Paradise
I Go Crazy
March Violets - Turn to the Sky

Whoever has this you got my money.
Smash Vision 5:50 PM - 12 September, 2016
Quote:
I'm looking for

Flesh for Lulu - Postcards From Paradise
I Go Crazy
March Violets - Turn to the Sky

Whoever has this you got my money.

Sorry, these are unavailable at the moment.
Xtendamix 7:34 PM - 25 September, 2016
Add Khaled & Drake - For Free (Lyric Video)
Working on Drake - Still Here, should be up by the weekend

Let me know what else you'd like to see lyric videos for and we will see what we can do
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 1:06 AM - 26 September, 2016
^^^^ When you wish there was a edit/delete button on the forum -lol

<BUT Good to know tho....>
Xtendamix 3:04 AM - 26 September, 2016
@ Art....lol, yeah, posted that in the wrong category
djpuma_gemini 4:21 PM - 28 September, 2016
Doh!!
nik39 5:41 PM - 21 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey marx,

Is it that much of an issue?
Having a limit of 800 would be helpful I guess. Any chance? ;)

*bump* :)
DJ Norm@n 8:44 AM - 16 December, 2016
50 Cent - Outta Control ft. Mobb Deep
Jim Davis Productions 7:21 PM - 1 February, 2017
Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dog - Let Me Ride
Watchwww.youtube.com
Jim Davis Productions 8:35 PM - 2 February, 2017
^ Looks like this is already on VJ-Pro... would just need to be pushed over to SV :)
djpuma_gemini 6:03 PM - 9 March, 2017
Smash, don't sleep on "khalid - location"
Not to be confused with dj khaled.
Jim Davis Productions 6:28 PM - 9 March, 2017
Quote:
Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dog - Let Me Ride
Watchwww.youtube.com

Posted - thank you!
Robb Royale 6:37 PM - 9 March, 2017
Quote:
Smash, don't sleep on "khalid - location"
Not to be confused with dj khaled.

+1
popnwave 7:12 PM - 14 March, 2017
I'd love to see the 2 new XX tracks with toolz..

On Hold
Say Something Loving

or hell if the old ones can be dug up, they are awesome too:

Crystalised
VCR
Islands
nik39 6:23 PM - 30 June, 2017
CrateQ - thaaaank you! Downloading multiple files concurrently is sooooo nice :)
Culprit 7:35 PM - 30 June, 2017
Quote:
CrateQ - thaaaank you! Downloading multiple files concurrently is sooooo nice :)

That new app kicks ass man
djpuma_gemini 4:29 PM - 6 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

That new app kicks ass man

It's pretty damn sweet!
Culprit 10:28 PM - 6 July, 2017
popnwave 10:36 PM - 6 July, 2017
Looks like a nice partnership for DMS users. Which would mean that is the way to go (DMS account) for access vs just having an SV account.

Maybe it will bring some new video DJs to the fold as well.
popnwave 10:40 PM - 6 July, 2017
Whooooa those DMS edits on Smash look great though.
marx 12:36 AM - 7 July, 2017
Quote:
Looks like a nice partnership for DMS users. Which would mean that is the way to go (DMS account) for access vs just having an SV account.

Maybe it will bring some new video DJs to the fold as well.

This is just the beginning of more to come ...and of course having a membership to both Smash & DMS is ideal!

I do have to point out, since we've been getting many questions from our current PRO members, that having a PRO level SmashVision membership does exclude some key items vs ELITE:

• True 1080P content
• Old School / Classics Remastered up to 720p
• SynX (audio generated visuals)

And …our new flagship integration: crateQ. crateQ is an app that we have integrated our content into that not only serves as a “desktop downloader,” but is used interactively alongside your DJ software (www.crateq.com for more details):

• Search, preview, and download videos directly on the app
• View and manage your SmashVision queue
• Batch download files automatically
• Drag and drop any downloaded file into your DJ software (cues included)

And as time goes on, Elite members will continuously be getting more value as we add features and grow in the VJ community.
djpuma_gemini 1:29 AM - 7 July, 2017
Elite is the way to go! Nice partnership with DMS!!
Culprit 1:59 AM - 7 July, 2017
I don't think people fully understand the power of crateQ yet. It pretty much eliminates any reason to have a built in service like Spotify or Pulse Locker.

Watchvimeo.com

Search, download, drag and drop. I use it with my hotspot when I don't have internet and works as expected!
Xtendamix 12:31 PM - 7 July, 2017
Good job on the partnership guys, that's huge!

Congrats
MarkMarkMark 9:02 AM - 2 September, 2017
Any chance of adding more UK Garage to smashvision?

Shola Ama - Imagine (Club Asylum Remix)
Ed Case ft Sweetie Irie - Who?
Jaheim - Just in case (Dubaholics remix)
Robb Royale 8:11 PM - 2 September, 2017
Brandy - Baby
Kanye West - Heard 'Em Say
Lou Dog 12:32 AM - 11 October, 2017
Dem franchize boys- ridin rims
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:50 PM - 19 April, 2018
Just here to give a shout to the guys at SV for attending to my request. I'm not sure if they monitor this thread but once you send the request via email it's uploaded. No questions No excuses No talking down on you.

Don't sleep on CrateQ

Easy way to have clean versions without downloading multiple video versions.

Since the m4a audio is from the same video it syncs nicely using the Serato Video associate function which is also recognised by Mix Emergency.
Culprit 2:34 AM - 20 April, 2018
Dude crateq is so dope man I can add tracks at lunch at work and it's already downloaded at the pad.