Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Bug

DJ Stoyvo 2:23 AM - 19 February, 2014
Hey,

First off: You guys need a Serato DJ Software help section OR a bug reporting section.

Second, can anybody tell me what's going on with my Serato DJ? I have the beat gird on the left deck but I can't get the beat grid on the right deck...

Suggestions?
DJ Stoyvo 2:25 AM - 19 February, 2014
The file upload part of the forum seems to have vanished too.... Odd......

Check out this photo: imgur.com
PorkyG 2:46 AM - 19 February, 2014
Was the track on the right analyzed? Bugs can be reported in the help section.
PorkyG 2:48 AM - 19 February, 2014
I meant in the beta forum but you're right they do need a help section and need to get rid of the beta forum.
raequan 3:56 AM - 19 February, 2014
can you just grid edit?
DJ Stoyvo 12:07 PM - 19 February, 2014
Track on the right has been analyzed, every track in my library has been analyzed.

Editing the beat grid works, but why do I need to so this for every other track? After sampling about 50 tracks, it only happens on the right deck
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:12 PM - 19 February, 2014
Quote:
Track on the right has been analyzed, every track in my library has been analyzed.

Editing the beat grid works, but why do I need to so this for every other track? After sampling about 50 tracks, it only happens on the right deck

You reanalysed ALL your library in SDJ with beatgrid enabled? and these files were NEVER analysed in ssl or itch?

Also the files with no beat grids what file format are they?

You can force analyse your hole library by Holding down the 'CTRL' Key and press analyse files button. This will force analyse all your files even ones that have in there life been analysed in SSL / ITCH / DJ INTRO / SDJ.
raequan 2:17 PM - 19 February, 2014
Quote:

did you load the right deck has no beat grid...... to the left side..... does do that same thing,

and did you try a song that you know has a beat grid to the left deck is it the same?

and just a question why do you need beat grids?
raequan 2:18 PM - 19 February, 2014
oppps

did you load the song with the beat grid on the left to the right deck?
DJ Stoyvo 7:09 PM - 19 February, 2014
Quote:
You reanalysed ALL your library in SDJ with beatgrid enabled? and these files were NEVER analysed in ssl or itch?

Also the files with no beat grids what file format are they?

You can force analyse your hole library by Holding down the 'CTRL' Key and press analyse files button. This will force analyse all your files even ones that have in there life been analysed in SSL / ITCH / DJ INTRO / SDJ.

I have re-analyzed using the CTRL + Analyze method in Serato DJ 1.5 (When I first got my Rane 64). I shouldn't have to do it again in 1.6 as no issue regarding analyzing was noted... Beatgrid has never been disabled (Even though I reported that SDJ should allow beatgrid with SYNC being off)

All file types are mp3 and all files are writable (correct permissions).
DJ Stoyvo 7:12 PM - 19 February, 2014
Quote:
did you load the song with the beat grid on the left to the right deck?

Loading a track from the Left Deck (has beatgrid visible) to the right deck results in beatgrid visible on the Right Deck.

Loading a track from the Right Deck (no beatgrid visible) to the left deck results in no beatgrid visible on Left Deck.

Messed up, right?

It's almost as if the Right Deck breaks beatgrids if they are not already created. You can see a notice on the bottom of SDJ saying tags are being saved when you eject the track from Right Deck
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:45 PM - 19 February, 2014
That is a strange one! Hmmmm.