Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Thinking of selling ddjsx for DVS - any need for a 900 srt?

carnage 7:02 PM - 14 February, 2014
Ok, started mixing 17yrs ago. Used 1210s with DJMs, xones, and eclers and moved onto cdjs about 9 yrs ago before taking a break due to work commitments.

Currently have a ddjsx but really miss the vinyl feel so have just bought a pair of 1210 mk5s and thinking of selling the controller to go DVS.

Is there any need for a srt? The effects don't concern me as I would be happy with the sdj fx. I'm thinking of getting a djm 600 or 750 and SL3. Other than the inbuilt serato sound card I don't see how the srt price can be justified. Am hoping someone can enlighten me.

I will also get an sp1, but is there an easy way to scroll and load tracks using dvs?

I am aware of the so, but don't need 2 usbs which will be a bulk if the £1749 so don't know if I want to spend that much when i will be paying for features I will never use.
carnage 7:58 PM - 14 February, 2014
So basically:what can a 900srt offer that a djm 600 +sl3 can't ( except effects and serato sound card).

And how can a DVS browse and load tracks?
Ragman 8:24 PM - 14 February, 2014
The SP1 is a no brainer with all it offers whether you go SDJ or SSL. You could get the
Denon HC1000 but it's not as feature rich for SDJ as the SP1, and a basic MIDI controller is great for SSL but remember currently no MIDI in SDJ. So the SP1 covers you in both SDJ and SSL. Other then a MIDI solution, you would have to do manual control via mouse on computer to load tracks and access other features in SSL ...
Ragman 8:27 PM - 14 February, 2014
^and SDJ going the DVS route.
carnage 9:32 PM - 14 February, 2014
Will be using sdj