Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Serato Remote For Android

DJ Nexus2000 4:38 PM - 14 February, 2014
I would like to see Serato Remote for the android platform
DjRunner-Up 3:58 AM - 19 February, 2014
I agree.. With such a powerful platform, it would be nice to use my Android devices in such a manner.
DJ Nexus2000 10:09 PM - 20 February, 2014
It would be a great plus for Serato DJ!
DJ Kerr-S 3:33 PM - 2 March, 2014
+1 for that
UBERFUNK 3:42 AM - 21 March, 2014
I'm giving up hope on serato. I am prolly gonna sell my limited edition 62z this weekend. It's depressing that Apple keeps selling crap phones and tablets and serato keeps buying into their licencing bs. So depressing that nobody in serato is even remotely interested into porting; serato remote to a more powerfull, feature advanced platform. No android support and the tech dept. doesn't care to port to android. Seriously big loss to serato in the long run. Bye Serato.
djyvo 9:02 AM - 7 April, 2014
For sure, Tablets that run android sell more than the Ipad now ...
Fuck Apple!
serkan 11:44 AM - 25 April, 2014
Crap phones? License bullshit? Fuck Apple?
Come on people.
The Android platform still has two problems.

There are maaany different phones and tablets with maaany different specs running Android from very powerful standard stuff to very cheap crap with very old OS versions. Apple only has a dozen devices which are very similar in their core and the number of people who updated to the latest the latest version iOS 7 is more than 80%.

The other problem is the target market.
Yes, nowadays Android devices sell much more than iOS devices if you look at the whole market. But in the target market of DJs, producers, and musicians iOS devices have a much higher percentage of users.
The "standard" computer in the DJ business is the Mac. The owners of a Mac tend to buy other devices from Apple, too. It's that easy.

I'm pretty sure there will be an Android version sooner or later but it will take time.
Did you see how long it took them to release an app for iOS?
What about other developers?
Cross DJ hit Android just recently and Mixvibes is the pro developer so far that reales a DJ specific app to that OS.
Shakie 7:25 AM - 26 April, 2014
+1
Kofi246 1:25 PM - 4 September, 2014
+1
daflyyondawall 1:30 AM - 8 October, 2014
Quote:
Come on people.

There are maaany different phones and tablets with maaany different specs running Android from very powerful standard stuff to very cheap crap with very old OS versions. Apple only has a dozen devices which are very similar in their core and the number of people who updated to the latest the latest version iOS 7 is more than 80%.

Yes, nowadays Android devices sell much more than iOS devices if you look at the whole market. But in the target market of DJs, producers, and musicians iOS devices have a much higher percentage of users.
The "standard" computer in the DJ business is the Mac. The owners of a Mac tend to buy other devices from Apple, too. It's that easy.

I'm pretty sure there will be an Android version sooner or later but it will take time.
Cross DJ hit Android just recently and Mixvibes is the pro developer so far that reales a DJ specific app to that OS.

I think Apple is the standard choice among DJs because Serato apps are the standard for the most part and Serato brand doesn't give users a much of a choice on platforms.
Alexander Mueller 1:42 PM - 26 October, 2014
Don't know why hey sell a Windowsversion if they only want Apple-People....

It's disappointing how Devs ignore Android.
alejandroaw 11:45 AM - 3 November, 2014
+1
DJ Yaitanis 2:20 PM - 18 November, 2014
I have one simple request that I hope is not that difficult to manage into Serato Remote Specifically for iPad and with Pioneer NOW recently releasing the XDJ-1000 I think now is the time to get this feature into the development schedule.

Why can't we have a search feature in Serato Remote? Specifically for iPad? There are many times I will get a request on the fly or a song will pop into my head that I have to go to the Keyboard and type the freeking thing into that small ass space and try and find it. The iPad has a beauty and vivid keyboard call up, where the laptop keyboard is dark (I try not to use the keyboard lights) and try to use it in a dark DJ Booth!

hey everyone doesn't have planned 1 hour DJ sets, we are the working DJ's of the world, can you give us Remote searching??? Please???

How hard world it be? You could search by Song, Artist, BPM etc.

Come on guys get with it, it would be a great enhancement!

Thank you for your consideration!!!
Davmix 9:24 AM - 11 January, 2015
Bump for a Remote on Android
DJ Kerr-S 2:02 PM - 15 January, 2015
+1 I still don't understand why they don't. I'm assuming apple made them sign a deal saying they're not allowed make one for android?
*DJ SON* 10:33 PM - 16 January, 2015
I know exactly why the only reason they are only making the app for apple is because apple has restrictions so theirs no way of getting it free on android their is no restrictions so anyone can hack into it and upload a free version onto the internet for anyone to download...their pretty smart but I'm pissed about it
DJ Sethsquatch 6:27 PM - 20 January, 2015
+1 for Android Remote
not of your business 2:57 PM - 21 January, 2015
Less of 10% uses apple hardware, still Serato don't get it.
Android is a far more powerful and better platform to develop applications due it's OPEN DEVELOPMENT.
Apple is a closed company that only aims to real profit, regardless of the problems that the computers or any other hardware have.
Yes, people are right saying that Apple devices are more stable, but again, they only make things for them, not like the other companies like Microsoft or Google, that have a open source, so anyone can benefit of their developments.
Deejay Pro 2:15 PM - 28 January, 2015
Want To Get It on Android Version
SometimesSean 11:40 AM - 31 January, 2015
Although I have iPad remote, I'd like this to work on my Fire Phone FireOS too. I am hoping they are working on something. I know developing for Android is more complex and full of pitfalls, but if other software developers can do cross-platform, surely Serato can.

It'd at least be cool to get an idea as to whether this is being worked on by a Serato official rather than keeping Android owners in the dark...
Pangea 4:06 PM - 2 February, 2015
Quote:
Come on people.

There is no excuse. Same way they have different requirements needing to be met to run Serato on Apple devices is the same way it should be for android users. If an android device cant handle it dont put it on it simple. If Serato is willing to let Windows Pc's have Serato DJ and the likes with there being "maaany different phones and tablets with maaany different specs running Android from very powerful standard stuff to very cheap crap with very old OS versions" Why wouldnt they allow android the same priviledge. Food for thought.
Frederic Choppin 1:33 AM - 8 March, 2015
+1 it's a must.. and android users discrimination
DJ Madie 11:21 AM - 20 May, 2015
+100 !!!
AlxRyde 4:20 AM - 8 June, 2015
+1 would like to see an Android version.

Search would be a great function if not already implemented in Remote; I think the Remote is a little more "in your face" (for lack of better word) than the laptop, and it would be more intuitive to search with the Remote instead. Also, if there was an Android version of Remote, we could just use a swype keyboard to search. That would leagues better than a keyboard because a keyboard requires two hands, while a swype keyboard pretty much only requires one. Leaves you free to do other stuff.
daflyyondawall 8:15 PM - 12 June, 2015
Quote:
I know exactly why the only reason they are only making the app for apple is because apple has restrictions so theirs no way of getting it free on android their is no restrictions so anyone can hack into it and upload a free version onto the internet for anyone to download...their pretty smart but I'm pissed about it

Android has been proven to be a more secure platform than iOS
DJ-Rodrigo 7:26 AM - 24 June, 2015
+1 for Android Remote. my upgrade will be due next year, so i am hoping by then Serato will have an Android version of the Remote.
Dj79 5:31 AM - 1 August, 2015
The New Virtual DJ 8 has both Android and IOS remote app. Actually, it is pretty nice. Come on Serato step you game up and get an Android version of your remote app.
Frederic Choppin 12:52 AM - 18 August, 2015
+1
DJ-Rodrigo 6:48 AM - 18 August, 2015
I was told this....

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

While we would love to have Android support for Serato Remote the release of this would still be quite far into the future, im afraid there isnt much more information i can give at this time.
Eric Mosaic 3:19 AM - 30 November, 2015
Quote:
I was told this....

Hi there,

While we would love to have Android support for Serato Remote the release of this would still be quite far into the future, im afraid there isnt much more information i can give at this time.

This really isn't good enough and is just a we don't care about you response. Serato Android is far from a niche market, the demand is there, don't be lazy and backwards thinking.
DJ Trice 1:12 PM - 21 December, 2015
I asking myself why Serato team has never reply to this one...
If there's no plan to this one, the team may tell you.
Serpo 12:13 AM - 2 January, 2016
+1, also an app where you can create you Crates on the go would be awesome. I know its not hard to just link them with Spotify or something. So much Serato could do.. :/
DJ XCON 1:59 PM - 13 January, 2016
+1 for Android. Should not even have to explain why at this point.
DJ Yaitanis 1:44 AM - 20 January, 2016
Guys please put the word out and go to the Facebook page of Serato Software and put your Requests in for Remote NOW!!! It could be our only chance!!!!
pchak 1:20 PM - 20 January, 2016
Agree with DJ XCON, and everyone else. It isn't necessary to explain why Android is important. Whether or not it's a great ecosystem, not everyone buys into the Apple kool-aid.
The DJRichieRich 6:34 PM - 21 January, 2016
+1 cmon serato, hook us up. There's a whole market that y'all are missing who are more than willing to pay for this tool!
Next Time 1:51 PM - 25 February, 2016
+1 I'm waiting for this
turntablist master junry 9:43 AM - 29 June, 2016
WHERE IS IT..HUHUHU
f8274 2:56 AM - 11 July, 2016
Buy an apple :-)
Serato, Moderator
James_M 4:23 AM - 15 July, 2016
Hey folks.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. Android devices are notoriously difficult to wrangle audio drivers and logic for, especially when latency is the top concern. Here's some info about Android audio routing: source.android.com

Combine that with the osc level protocols we use to link the devices over wifi and it becomes a little more apparent why we haven't yet got an Android app for you.

This is also a primary reason why Serato Pyro is yet to be cross-platform.

Some of the newer devices are slightly better in audio latency regards and we're hoping to do an entire Remote revamp, but like the email response above, I've got no guaranteed dates just yet.

Cheers,

James
GnollinZ 3:58 PM - 8 September, 2016
Would love to see an Android version. I'm looking for a tablet now and have much more invested in the Android ecosystem compared to iOS.

Slightly confused by what James said above regarding audio latency on Android - the current remote doesn't process the actual audio stream, surely? So why is audio latency important?

It's relatively straightforward to implement a close-to-real-time wi-fi comms link using Android.
DJ Art Love 5:06 PM - 14 June, 2017
So, what made software developers like Serato focus so much on Apple iOS? Reasons behind why the Apple iOS has been so dominant [within certain professional industries] up till this stage in the advancement of computer technologies can be summed up by two words:

(1) STABILITY
(2) HYPE

Stability of the Apple operating system has been the big reason. Hype has also been a big pusher of Apple computers because, if you can remember well, Apple laptop computers were featured heavily inside motion picture films produced & promoted by America's Hollywood industry in the 1980s and 1990s [Remember Meg Ryan's Apple laptop?]. ...And they still do appear in movies to this date. However, both these ideas are slowly becoming past tense because:

(1) People [end users] are waking up to Apple's unfriendly technologies masked / covered up / disguised in shiny flashy hardware that fool ordinary people

(2) People are realizing that once you go Apple, you are married & stuck with Apple [Apple controls & has a strangle hold on both hardware & software + YOU]

(3) Over the years, the Windows OS has become very stable and quite secure as it seeks to self-defend against viruses [which was a big problem during the Windows NT / XP years]

(4) Open source & free software [which means software without evil / software without slavery / software without shackles] has become quite user friendly [hence the open source ANDROID system & it's care-taker called Google Alphabet]

So, which professions made Apple iOS so dominant?

(1) Film [Hollywood & people in the film industry have used Apples quite exclusively]

(2) Graphic Designers [people in the advertising industries / people who make your billboards, big logos & signs you usually see on vehicles as you drive on interstate roads]

(3) Audio Industries [people in recording studios, sound engineering + PA / concert staging / live performances have used Apples form many years. Obviously, number (3) is where you as a professional DJ and our best friends over at Serato will fit in.

All these issues have been addressed by robust computer machines produced for Microsoft Windows &, of course, Android OS. In other words, someone has been slowly & surely eating up Apple's lunch!!! Love you & please do not forget to smile! :)

DJ Art Love the Real Live Love | djartlove.wordpress.com
DJ-Rodrigo 6:48 AM - 5 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I was told this....

Hi there,

This really isn't good enough and is just a we don't care about you response. Serato Android is far from a niche market, the demand is there, don't be lazy and backwards thinking.

Dam but you rude!! so emotional!!!
"we don't care about you response" -> dam! i was just sharing their response with you guys!
"don't be lazy and backwards thinking" -> Gee you so judgemental hope you not a DJ otherwise if people come upto u and dont like your style you might lash out at them...

you should think with your mind and not act on your emotions... seriously
DJ TooHypE 7:58 PM - 12 July, 2017
+1 for Android WE'VE BEEN waiting =/
serato.com
MKEnts 8:58 PM - 9 December, 2017
+1 Still waiting for remote😢😢
djsaxsax 12:48 AM - 17 August, 2018
17 august 2018 and still waiting for android remote.........
Heavysound 1:29 AM - 9 June, 2019
Well still no Official Droid app, BUT. My PC and Droid friends know we are not restricted to Apples rules. You can remotely control your DJ PC with a VNC viewer and server.
If you do a little looking, and know anything about networking, you can remotely control your DJ PC from your Droid anywhere, and I mean not even on the same wifi anywhere if you know what your doing. All the features you can do on your pc, and keyboard, you can do on your phone, takes a little practice, but it does work and its stable. Best part its free software, Serato cant charge you a dime for it. If you want to try it, look up "tight VNC" and download the SERVER version that matched your PC, set up your password etc..... then get the "realVNC" app on your droid, get on the same wifi network and enter the IP address of the PC, and a few settings later your good to go.
Kayotyk 2:00 PM - 25 August, 2019
I sincerely hope they can develop this, I recently switched to a android galaxy tab a for light control and now I'm screwed out of a app. I dont know what amount of steam you need to get on seratos radar but as a user from the early version of serato and itch... I pray they at least attempt to make it a reality. Apple products are losing steam and andriod is only closing the gap for what it can do so, PLEASE, serato... you're our only hope!
Kofi246 6:36 PM - 16 November, 2019
they're not even updating the iOS app. Android for sure is a lost cause.
Def Beats 10:55 AM - 19 December, 2019
+1 still relevant..

If there is a android beta version, im wiling to test it :D