Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Normal Font Type (not bold) please. Still my show stopper to switch to SDJ.

pueblofunky 6:54 PM - 11 February, 2014
Please return to the normal font type in the library view in SDJ as in SSL.

Or better make an option "Library Text Type" in the "library + display" preferences to switch between "normal" or "bold".

It should be easy to implement because you also have made an option between gray and blue color for a played track. :-)

This is still THE show stopper for me to switch to SDJ and buy a SL2,3,4. Also although I could play with the DJM 900 SRT in my main club - I prefer SSL + SL1 due the readability.

Specially when you manage/sort out the library, it is horrible to view over the bold font.

I hope we can see it a.s.a.p.

Thanks a lot!
DJ Mr Vince 8:53 PM - 17 April, 2014
Yes this is another thing I hate about SDJ vs SSL. & with that said. SSL was more clean with lines in between instead of the GRAY / BLACK / GREY / BLACK background. No lines in between the columns makes them almost blend together.. & No matter how many times I adjust a little space at the end of the "#" column (just to make a cleaner divid line) it goes right back. Just looks to cluttered. SSL's layout was just cleaner. Take a note out of APPLES play book. Look at the new iPhone OS vs the old OS. You guys went in the wrong direction & really made SERATO harder on the eyes. Clean & simple creates less eye fatigue.

But also..

TIME DOES NOT COUNT UP OR DOWN IN LIBRARY VIEW, LIKE IT DID IN SSL

DJ Mr Vince 11:17 PM - 13 April, 2014
OK you fixed the BPM in version 1.6.1, but not the time. It tells you the length of the track, but in SSL it would count down & if you clicked on the time, it would count up. Please fix.

read this discussion for more details. You only fixed half of the issue..
serato.com

Cheers
Quote· Permalink

DJ Mr Vince 11:24 PM - 13 April, 2014
Oh yeah & if you give me an extended View, without the waveforms, I might just kiss you!!! LOL... Like a button you can click to make the scrolling wave go away, or just an new view all together, that would be great!

I don't need the the waveforms & I would like to see more of my crates like in library mode. But I would also like to change Cue-Point colors & adjust volumes without having to change to a different view. When you made "Library VIEW", you went just a little to basic.

I would love to see this happen.

Cheers
ifusionnz 1:49 AM - 24 April, 2014
+ 1 for this
Djay Samm 11:31 AM - 3 May, 2015
+1
londoned 4:21 PM - 7 June, 2015
+1
Jay-T 5:24 PM - 11 August, 2015
+1
pueblofunky 6:01 PM - 11 August, 2015
to all - this has been implemented in Serato DJ 1.7.6 ...

Sad that Serato don't use the same font in SDJ as in SSL - finally SDJ library is still not readable like SSL. :-(

Hopefully they are able to change it back to a nice "screen font".
Djay Samm 12:50 AM - 13 August, 2015
+1