Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Instant Doubles with "Lock Playing Deck" Enabled as it was on SSL

me@iamsammyp.com 3:46 PM - 8 February, 2014
I have always played with lock playing deck on (why im not sure!)

But to instantly double a track on SSL i could load the same track using the keyboard shortcuts and it would double and be playing from the same spot (providing your in relative mode ) (you would have to pitch each deck the same)

With SDJ you have to either have one deck in internal mode or unlock the playing deck in the settings for this to work the same as SSL

I know i should probably start to work with the playing decks unlocked but i really would prefer this feature back as it was in SSL
Mark Rambo 9:05 AM - 9 February, 2014
+1
whitenite 9:32 AM - 10 June, 2014
+11111111111

Why has nobody else noticed this!?

It's driving me insane. I want my decks locked so I dont mistakedly load a track onto the deck that's live. But then I cant drag and drop to get instant doubles.

PLEASE FIX
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:56 AM - 27 June, 2014
Hey guys,

We will be looking at changing this. I can understand this is something that people did become accustomed to in Scratch Live so we can implement it in Serato DJ.

Thanks very much for your feedback :)
Mr Wilks 12:07 PM - 29 June, 2014
+1 on this.

I want them locked but with the option to instant double too like I used to. I used one deck for a few weeks a cpub when one went down!
Volatile 7:55 PM - 2 May, 2015
+1 Million - any news on when this can be added. It's a make or break feature for me and keeping me on SSL at the moment.
&Midge 8:47 PM - 2 May, 2015
+1
boabmatic 9:31 AM - 3 May, 2015
+1

I need to keep lock playing turned off in SDJ because of this
&Midge 1:18 PM - 3 May, 2015
I keep play lock turned ON and don't use instant doubles anymore :(
Kahlo-Man 4:19 PM - 17 June, 2017
I have my decks locked with a Denon mc6000mk2 and accidentally hit the load button to the playing deck after mixing tracks and it threw the track from the other deck into the locked deck at the same spot as an instant double even though the fader was all the way over.

It killed the mood.

You should be able to instant double to the other deck if it's not playing but you should definitely not be able to instant double to a playing deck if it's locked.
Kahlo-Man 4:22 PM - 17 June, 2017
Damn.. I just checked settings and instant doubles isn't even selected!!

How could I get it to instant double to a playing deck when the decks are locked and instant doubles is off?!
Mr Wilks 4:39 AM - 19 June, 2017
Quote:

How could I get it to instant double to a playing deck when the decks are locked and instant doubles is off?!

Agreed. I think it must be a bug.
xadnight 11:16 PM - 29 March, 2019
When I play live with my controller, I use to have the playing deck locked - I do not want to accidentally to load track to a wrong deck. Imagine - it's dark, loud, lot of drunk people, track is about to end and you pressing buttons fast to mix it. AND! If I press Load button on my controller twice (or just too fast) it loads instant double (wait for it) TO THE LOCKED DECK. WHICH IS PLAYING LIVE RIGHT NOW. BUMMER.

Please fix this. I really consider to move to another DJ software because of this issue. I don't want to be embarrassed in front of other people just because of your not well thought features.

Can you change the instant double load shortcut to Shift+Load at least? It's hard to press this two accidentally. Or please make the double Load press to be possible to turn off in settings. Thank you.
dj zaza 6:02 AM - 1 April, 2019
this would be useful, another thing I noticed with instat douples is that if you use the controller the deck keeps the same time, but with or turntable, no, it goes faster I slow based on the track that was mixed previously, there you should ignore the pitch of the turntable and keep the same time, traktor does it.
Hanginon 5:33 PM - 1 April, 2019
Quote:

Please! This Needs To Be Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cotdagoo 8:45 PM - 2 April, 2019
Quote:
Hey guys,

We will be looking at changing this. I can understand this is something that people did become accustomed to in Scratch Live so we can implement it in Serato DJ.

Thanks very much for your feedback :)

Thanks very much for your feedback :(
DJ TooHypE 2:37 AM - 17 April, 2019
Werd +1