Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

serato dj midi panel ?

hugozamudio12@yahoo.com 1:47 PM - 5 February, 2014
I use difernt midi controlers primarily the
traktor kontrol x1. i cant use all featuers on it because serato dj doesnt have a midi panel where i can asign certain buttons like on my scratch live 2.4.4 i would like to see a mid panel on serato dj thanks
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:55 PM - 5 February, 2014
+1
hugozamudio12@yahoo.com 6:07 PM - 5 February, 2014
Is a midi panel going yo be aded to serato dj ?
Jensen Määäm 6:39 PM - 5 February, 2014
+1
It's a must have for everyone who was using an add on MIDI controller, coming from SSL.
Jeff Scott 6:49 PM - 5 February, 2014
I'm holding off ditching SL to this feature becomes available, I use my X1 aswell so I don't have to touch my laptop
djmq 11:44 PM - 5 February, 2014
huge +1
hiddenite 1:04 AM - 6 February, 2014
Here's a list some of the other guys came up with in the general forum area. I'm in favor of everything below as well so +1 for me.

- Return of the midi panel
- Midi Library navigation/Scrolling/Song loading (- Two Encoders for Crate-/Library-Navigation)
- Midi instant doubles
- Ability to load tracks/loops/cue points to SP6 via midi ( Essential for live remixing etc..)
- Midi out
- Auto-Loop Select (encoders)
- Auto Loop
- Add to Prepare
- Toggle Library view (spacebar)
- Shift/Layer buttons e.g click an encoder for Loop / Shift+click the same encoder for Loop Roll.

Can anyone else think of any other essential midi functions they would like to see implemented?
DJ Double V 1:20 AM - 6 February, 2014
+1 on midi panel feature. I primarily use the X1but have plans to use other MIDI mappable mixers.
gcastro723 6:18 AM - 6 February, 2014
+1,000,000,000 and MIDI OUT! AGAIN!
OlliC 9:16 AM - 6 February, 2014
+1

Also:
- Shift Button to delete Cue Points (Like the Red Hammer Stuff in SSL)
djmq 9:45 AM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:

- Add to Prepare

Oh, that's gone as well, wow. SDJ has quite some catching up to do before I can actually use is as I'd like to in a live situation. I'm mostly using the X1 as well and right now it can't do half of what I need.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:55 AM - 6 February, 2014
And people used to say SSL was limited with MIDI lol this is on another level!!!
Jirczech 8:16 PM - 1 April, 2014
+1 Scrolling a loading tracks with MIDI is crucial for me, I don't like keyboard. Please add this as soon as possible.
Jensen Määäm 8:48 PM - 1 April, 2014
After the release of SDJ 1.6.1 without the midid panel, I got tired of waiting and bit the bullet...got the SP1, thanks for nothing Serato!
Serato, Support
Matt P 12:24 AM - 2 April, 2014
Hi all,

Never fear guys, this will be implemented soon, make sure you are part of beta testing when there is a new one so you can add your input on the features you use most from the SSL midi panel.

Regards

Matt P
gcastro723 1:29 PM - 11 April, 2014
Quote:
Hi all,

Never fear guys, this will be implemented soon, make sure you are part of beta testing when there is a new one so you can add your input on the features you use most from the SSL midi panel.

Regards

Matt P

Yo Matt, will Midi out also be implemented in the beta? or is that for later release?
emkay 8:07 PM - 24 April, 2014
Quote:
Hi all,

Regards

Matt P

Hey Matt, any idea when that beta will be available (roughly, are we talking weeks, months…)? I'd be happy to test, the missing midi panel is the *only* thing holding me back from switching from SSL to SDJ…
gcastro723 7:01 PM - 28 April, 2014
Quote:

Hey Matt, any idea when that beta will be available (roughly, are we talking weeks, months…)? I'd be happy to test, the missing midi panel is the *only* thing holding me back from switching from SSL to SDJ…

Same here... Also, will the beta bring MIDI Out? I'd love to make an updated mapper to my DJM-T1
Dokumentary 4:12 AM - 21 May, 2014
Quote:
Hi all,

Regards

Matt P

It's never gonna happen guys. There is no MIDI panel in SDJ unless you buy a $400 controller. See below. Frankly it's already a little too late even if they implemented it today. 1.6.3 came out yesterday and guess what: no MIDI panel... despite what Matt P has said. We all thought it was imminent because Matt said so but, we were only listening to what we wanted to hear. Shoulda been listen to Rui and Logan.

serato.com

Rui K 6:22 PM - 29 April, 2014
Hi djbabyroo,

Thanks for get in touch with us. Mapping file for Scratch Live does not work on Serato DJ therefore you will need to be create new mapping for Serato DJ manually by your self or contact Vestax for if they have any mapping files.

Also Serato DJ does not have MIDI panel therefore you will not be able to map library scroll controls etc. We don't have any plans for adding MIDI panel to Serato DJ however you can always feel free to leave the comments on our feature request forum thread.

I hope this clears things up.

Kind Regards
Rui
djbanno 11:13 AM - 24 May, 2014
O_o
Mr Wilks 2:22 PM - 24 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Hi all,

Regards

Matt P

It's never gonna happen guys. There is no MIDI panel in SDJ unless you buy a $400 controller. See below. Frankly it's already a little too late even if they implemented it today. 1.6.3 came out yesterday and guess what: no MIDI panel... despite what Matt P has said. We all thought it was imminent because Matt said so but, we were only listening to what we wanted to hear. Shoulda been listen to Rui and Logan.

serato.com

Rui K 6:22 PM - 29 April, 2014
Hi djbabyroo,

Thanks for get in touch with us. Mapping file for Scratch Live does not work on Serato DJ therefore you will need to be create new mapping for Serato DJ manually by your self or contact Vestax for if they have any mapping files.

Also Serato DJ does not have MIDI panel therefore you will not be able to map library scroll controls etc. We don't have any plans for adding MIDI panel to Serato DJ however you can always feel free to leave the comments on our feature request forum thread.

I hope this clears things up.

Kind Regards
Rui

Actually...

serato.com

Quote:
SiRocket,

Quote:
no plans for a midi panel? yikes....

Actually we should have some news on that soon. Its a popular feature that lots of people want. We are listening :)

Matt P
Mr Wilks 2:28 PM - 24 May, 2014
To be honest, the latest ".3" version was mostly an update to help the SZ guys who bought a £1700 controller that wasn't playing ball. They needed this fix for the platter lag.

It was just a maintenance release really so a feature release for us all will no doubt be coming soon.
DJ Compiler 10:34 PM - 24 May, 2014
Yeah looking back at the download archive 1.6.3 is the farthest we've gone in third digits. Changes to the third digit are usually indicative of bug fixes and maintenance issues. Since we've never made it to a x.x.3 I'm betting that 1.7 will be the next release and that'll bring new features.
djbanno 3:47 AM - 27 May, 2014
Looks good for MIDI soon...
serato.com
kerf 7:40 AM - 27 May, 2014
+10000
jokerswild 12:07 AM - 28 May, 2014
I'm in the same boat.... really don't wanna spend $400 just so I can scroll through my library and load onto my decks without touching my keyboard.... so, I will continue with SSL until such time as it's available.... I might spend the $20 and get the iPad version tho...
hugozamudio12@yahoo.com 1:25 AM - 10 June, 2014
I hope we get serato dj midi panel soon so i can switch over in the mean while im going to have to keep using scratch live.
Dokumentary 12:33 AM - 11 June, 2014
Quote:
I hope we get serato dj midi panel soon so i can switch over in the mean while im going to have to keep using scratch live.

You and most other DVS DJs.

SDJ just isn't viable for the majority of professional, turntable DJs in my area. Whenever I ask someone why they're still using SSL I get one of two answers and that always depends on what mixer they're using.

Rane mixer: "I don't trust SDJ enough to play out with it" (I'm guessing they mean stability but, I wouldn't know).

Everyone else: "No MIDI panel".
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:14 AM - 25 June, 2014
Hey guys, MIDI panel is on its way. Thanks for being patient :)
Dokumentary 11:41 PM - 29 June, 2014
musiclee 11:08 PM - 1 July, 2014
Martin.

Would this MIDI panel help us HC4500 users?

Would we be able to map it?

Maybe everything but the text display?
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:32 PM - 1 July, 2014
Yes, the MIDI panel will give you more functionality to map to with your HC4500.
musiclee 3:21 AM - 2 July, 2014
So pretty much we can map everything? Cues, pitch, play, scroll, up, down, tab, load a, load b, etc?

Everything except track title , time elapsed, time remaining on 4500?
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:34 AM - 2 July, 2014
You can't map the platters, and there are probably a few other things, but it would be a matter of going through the GUI with you HC4500 device to discover. Have you tried doing this yet?

You can currently map:

Cue Points
Play
Pitch (if you have a DVS device which activates Serato DJ)

With MIDI panel you will be able to map

Library Scroll
Library Up/Down
Tab (Tabbing between crates and library)
Load A/B
Pitch (if you have a controller, not a DVS device which activates Serato DJ)

I hope I understood the things you listed correctly anyway. But no, no track title, time elapsed display on the LCD screen.
sabasan 5:12 PM - 2 July, 2014
fine pitch please !!!
it's really useful with basic midi controller and no DVS available
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:14 PM - 2 July, 2014
Quote:
Martin.

Would this MIDI panel help us HC4500 users?

Would we be able to map it?

Maybe everything but the text display?

Quote:
Yes, the MIDI panel will give you more functionality to map to with your HC4500.

Quote:
So pretty much we can map everything? Cues, pitch, play, scroll, up, down, tab, load a, load b, etc?

Everything except track title , time elapsed, time remaining on 4500?

Quote:
You can't map the platters, and there are probably a few other things, but it would be a matter of going through the GUI with you HC4500 device to discover. Have you tried doing this yet?

You can currently map:

Cue Points
Play

Library Scroll
Library Up/Down
Load A/B

I hope I understood the things you listed correctly anyway. But no, no track title, time elapsed display on the LCD screen.

BUT remeber none of the buttons will light up!

So not really ideal.
musiclee 6:46 PM - 2 July, 2014
ah i see, that's where the native support comes in i guess? bummer, real bummer
Wackozz 8:32 AM - 5 July, 2014
So, we'll not see soon MIDI lights out?
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:17 AM - 5 July, 2014
Quote:
So, we'll not see soon MIDI lights out?

Nope.
Sikwidityo 2:13 PM - 6 July, 2014
Quote:

You can currently map:

Cue Points
Play

Library Scroll
Library Up/Down
Load A/B

How can I get the beta? Is there a beta version for SDJ 1.6.4 yet?? Thanks!
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:06 AM - 7 July, 2014
Hey Sikwidityo,

It isn't available just yet, but we will be running a public beta real soon. Keep an eye out on the forum area and I will make an announcement when it is available. Hope to see you get involved :)
Mr Wilks 10:05 AM - 7 July, 2014
Quote:
Hey Sikwidityo,

It isn't available just yet, but we will be running a public beta real soon. Keep an eye out on the forum area and I will make an announcement when it is available. Hope to see you get involved :)

The return on the public betas? Amen!

One thing I used to live was the public beta testing with scratch live. I think we've had one as far as I remember now and that was the 'SDJ with DVS' beta.

Hope this is a turn around and we'll see more testing done prior to release :)
Mr Wilks 10:06 AM - 7 July, 2014
**used to love
musiclee 2:16 PM - 7 July, 2014
what's to be expected in 1.6.4? midi panel, anything else?