DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

NO midi panel in SL ... WHY???

the_black_one 7:50 AM - 5 February, 2014
Why can't i midi map my own midi device ?????

This is bulllshit....... How does Serato expect djs to jump to SDJ and not use the same midi controller they are accustomed to.......

Deal breaker ... i will not be spending a dime on software that in 2014 you can't midi map.

Fix this.... makes no sense....

NM NH NB
the_black_one 7:51 AM - 5 February, 2014
the tittle should read SDJ instead of SL

NM NH NB
eugguy 8:23 AM - 5 February, 2014
Just another reason to stick with SSL. SDJ is for suckers.
djbanno 8:45 AM - 5 February, 2014
+1
Show stopper for me too.
SSL with tt's till SDJ catches up (hopefully not long)
#havingfaithinserato
dj_soo 9:06 AM - 5 February, 2014
yea, huge omission. Some of us have been asking for this even back when DJ was all-controller.

Not a huge deal on my 62, but I can see why everyone is pissed about this.
dj_soo 9:10 AM - 5 February, 2014
The Midi mapping in DJ makes no sense either compared to SL. Some commands needs to have the midi control set a specific way to recognize (censor mode for instance only works if the midi control is set to Key vs Toggle like everything else) and there's no indication as to which commands require this and takes a bunch of fucking around in a midi editor to fix. This was not the case in Scratchlive.

I also like how they *finally* gave us a (half-assed) midi out feature in scratchlive only to not have it in DJ so we have to wait all over again to get our fucking lights to work on our midi controllers even though it's obvious the program supports it cause the lights work on their supported hardware.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:58 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:

This is bulllshit....... How does Serato expect djs to jump to SDJ and not use the same midi controller they are accustomed to.......

Deal breaker ... i will not be spending a dime on software that in 2014 you can't midi map.

NM NH NB
i think you have the record for most consecutive flip flops on this issue
Johnnynights 4:43 PM - 5 February, 2014
This is the same problem im having i had my midi presets saved on sl for my sc3900s had loops cue points load tracks library scroll etc now i cant use them because they dont come out in the midi panel.
the_black_one 6:08 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

NM NH NB
i think you have the record for most consecutive flip flops on this issue

I do bezz.. I'm actualy trying buy serato keeps fucking up... How the heck do u expect me to move over and change my whole work flow ??? Sooooo even tho p n t is now on SDJ .... Not having a midi panel is huuuuuuge ( no homo) ... My computer is way off to the side and I like it that way... I'm not about to put it in front if my face so I can trigger stuff... That's why I bought a midi controller that works like a champ ... So unless the are able to accommodate my midi controller needs ... I will be sticking to ssl

Nm nh nb
Mr. Goodkat 6:52 PM - 5 February, 2014
i guess the only option right now, for use with cdjs and tts is buying the ddj-sp1?
the_black_one 6:54 PM - 5 February, 2014
That's the reason they are doing it... So you buy their midi controller.....

Fuck that

Nm nh nb
Mr. Goodkat 6:59 PM - 5 February, 2014
its a great controller, but you can't use a big ass controller horizontally, it has to be vertical IMO. the x1 just sits perfect and ads about 3 IN (NH) to the distance between tts.

that thing has to be above the mixer or i guess you could but it on a laptop stand.

either way TOO BIG!

nh
Mr. Goodkat 6:59 PM - 5 February, 2014
and way too expensive!

cant wait till they dont sell and end up being $250.
the_black_one 7:10 PM - 5 February, 2014
I'm super used to my x1. The size and layout is perfect for me. Why should I be forced to buy another midi controller to trigger stuff???? Cause they want my and your money.....

Nm nh nb
the_black_one 7:14 PM - 5 February, 2014
I also have some stuff midi mapped to my mixer ..... Sooooooo if they want folks like me to jump ship .... Give us the basic features that ssl has

Nm nh nb
Mr. Goodkat 7:14 PM - 5 February, 2014
well, they are a business, of course they want your money. but im sure it will come in time.

this is glaring omission, they generally fix that at some point. I'm an x1 user too, so im a bit miffed, but hey, everything else and the 900 SRT is great. i can wait. SDJ has some GUI issues that arent quite all the way right, so its a work in progress.

the way i see it, i started around 1.5 with SSL and it took about 2-3 years to get the full setup right, this should take less than a year.
the_black_one 7:17 PM - 5 February, 2014
I can't remember when I started with ssl but I know it was brand new and I was the first cat in my area to be on it ( no homo). I remember when they implemented midi in SL ..... This is a basic feature tho...

Nm nh nb