Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Cue point Skips when you press play

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ Krissi D 2:33 AM - 5 February, 2014
Okay so Day one i have Just used Serato DJ on a SL3. and quite a big problem has occurred and cannot use Serato DJ til this is addressed.

On either deck with all MP3's in Relative mode i should be able to select a Cue point press play and the Track start from there!

This does not happen you press play and either the track will jump ahead one second or back one second and start from there. or it will work fine? it seems like its a glitch Scratch live works fine just tested this at home so i know my Discs and CDJ's are fine?

This happened all night tonight whilst DJ'ing. I have attached a Video showing what would happen. in the video the first time i cue a track it plays fine i then re-cue and press play and it jumps a second before the cue and plays from there! I cannot emphasise how bad this is. I had to deal with this all night?

Please Help or address this glitch ASAP
www.dropbox.com
DJ Krissi D 2:45 AM - 5 February, 2014
Ps Above is a Dropbox link to the Video i took of the issue its around 75mb in size
Col Mustard 4:20 AM - 5 February, 2014
Did you have quantize on? I noticed a similar behavior on my techs when I had the quantize function on. Once I turned it off it went away.
DJ Krissi D 12:31 PM - 5 February, 2014
you can see on the Video Quantise is off... Also as Serato DJ is New to me as i use an SL3. I have not analysed my entire library yet to add the extra beat grid so only a small fraction of my MP3's have this at the moment. so therefore could not evan begin to use Quantise

Whilst Using this last Night i found this issue with every MP3 i loaded?? Beat grid or not...
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:41 PM - 5 February, 2014
Known issue!

Have to wait until serato fix this.
DJ Krissi D 12:54 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Known issue!

Have to wait until serato fix this.

Have you got a link to the original help request where they say this is a known issue so i can track it please!!!

Thank you
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:56 PM - 5 February, 2014
Sure --> serato.com
DJ Krissi D 2:06 PM - 5 February, 2014
Thanks
Serato, Support
David Wood 1:00 AM - 7 February, 2014
Hey DJ Krissi D,

Thanks for getting in touch. Looks like this has been addressed. As stated this is a known issue. We'll hopefully bring you a fix in a future release.

Regards
Dave W
8:00 AM, 21 Feb 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
DJ Krissi D 1:32 PM - 21 February, 2014
Don't be Closing this...... there is inactivity Due to you guys not Releasing an update Regarding this issue which you have known about since 22/12/13 and still released Serato DJ to us SL users with a major problem. this needs to remain open till this is fixed. Im Going to now Re tweet and post on you FB page to give you a reminder!!
Serato, Support
David Wood 8:44 PM - 26 February, 2014
Hey DJ Krissi D,

Threads will close automatically after a certain amount of time due to inactivity, however we usually close thread anyway where we have found a bug and logged it.
When we become aware of bugs we log then in our bug tracker. Bug fixes are a big part of our development cycle as well as new features etc. This issue is known and has been prioritised however i couldn't say which future release this will fix will be released in.
If you wish to keep this thread open feel free but bumping Facebook and tweeting about a bug will not get it fixed any faster. Thank you for your patiences in the matter.

Regards
Dave W
DJ Krissi D 2:49 AM - 27 February, 2014
Hi Dave

Its Great its Been "Logged" However as a company that provides software for us Working Dj's to use which in turn inspires the Bedroom DJ or Producer to invest. You need us on Side. You should be putting up warnings that those that use an SL box in Rel mode will find this software unusable!

Or at the Very least stop shouting about Serato DJ for SL users when it has a major bug...

I would put this down to corporate irresponsibility. We all make mistakes Let the SL community know through FB and Twitter. you will retain more customers that way and primarily respect and loyalty for your products?

We all want Serato DJ and to be honest until this is fixed I'm unsure whether to take the Leap to the DDJ SZ due to this issue?

What i think you have missed on a side note is this was a known issue in the Beta Phase (December 2013) and yet you led all us SL users into the upgrade and the bug is still there?

Please be grateful as with every complaint you receive there will be 10 that don't so add them all up multiply by 10. its a big issue?

Please just make the SL community aware not to migrate to Serato DJ its not ready. when it is let us know!

Kind Regards

Kris
DJ Krissi D 1:44 PM - 9 April, 2014
Hello

This is Still an Issue with the Latest Release! Be it this has been a logged and known issue now since December during the Beta. its now close to 5 Months with no fix!!!!

Do you have a Timescale on this Issue? as i wont buy any expansion packs as Serato DJ is Unusable in Rel Mode...

Regards

Kris
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:18 PM - 9 April, 2014
Nope still broke and still no timescale....
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:19 PM - 10 April, 2014
Sorry for the wait on this issue guys, we are aware it's a big one for you and a lot of others. It will be fixed in a future release, thank you for your patience.

Regards
Dave W
DJ Krissi D 11:48 PM - 10 April, 2014
Cant remember if its this post or the several others i have read. so many on this...

BUT one of you guys at serato has said its 'high up on the priority list'? is that a year or 2? cause its 5 months so far!

if it is such a high priority why was it not out with the latest update?

Perhaps the development train should pause while you get all basics right with serato DJ so all can use this then make use off all the ad ons you offer on the site.

This makes no Commercial sense, Think about it; all the people that have posted about this and the 9 out of 10 that dont complain in our society add it all up. Thats allot of money lost in sales from serato DJ in add ons alone? plus the bad press from Tweets and posts on FB!

Its been too long now i think we all deserve an active timescale on this issue?

Perhaps this will be in the Next update.....
Serato, Support
David Wood 12:07 AM - 11 April, 2014
Quote:
BUT one of you guys at serato has said its 'high up on the priority list'? is that a year or 2? cause its 5 months so far!

I hear what you are saying and your frustration is understandable, so let me clarify. This issue is of a high priority to us, but it's just one of many high priorities and even higher priorities. In the latest released we manage to fix some pretty bit bugs and known issues and we also had a lot of other work going into stabilisation and library management which was again behind the scenes which is out of the user scope. Now that some of that stuff which was of a higher priority is fixed this issue along with a few others has been moved higher on the list for the roadmap.
I can't give you a date on when this issue will be fixed, i'm unable to do so but it will be fixed in the future and we do hope you can be patience and enjoy the other aspects of the software until that particular issue is fixed.

Regards
Dave W
discjockeyR 4:37 AM - 11 April, 2014
What orher aspect of the software you mean Dave. Sdj is useless for dvs users and i think serato have to recall tha sdj is support dvs untill sdj really support it. With such a serious issue is building a bad reputation and we don't want it
DJ Krissi D 8:38 AM - 11 April, 2014
Quote:
What orher aspect of the software you mean Dave. Sdj is useless for dvs users and i think serato have to recall tha sdj is support dvs untill sdj really support it. With such a serious issue is building a bad reputation and we don't want it

Second That

Cant enjoy other aspects. DVS users use Rel Mode therefore cant use Serato DJ....

This issue is gaining momentum within the DMC Scene and other forums now!!!
DJ Krissi D 8:42 AM - 11 April, 2014
Besides some of the fixes in the latest patch were for issues where you needed a curtain spec computer whilst doing half a dozen other things to replicate the bug.

This Bug Happens across all SL boxes to Everyone regardless of platform. and is highly replicable. 5 months in is Serious

If this is Serious god nows how long a minor bug would take; no point letting you guys know! probably would of retired the proverbial needles by then!
DJ Krissi D 8:45 AM - 11 April, 2014
ps reopen this help thread!!! as it is not resolved and locking the thread just frustrates all that have posted cause they cannot inform you the issue still persists!

don't lock us out cause we speak up?

serato.com
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:25 PM - 13 April, 2014
We are aware of your concern about this issue. I have nothing further to report at this time.

Regards
Dave W
10:10 PM, 10 Jun 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.