Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

software not corresponding with decks everything is the wrong way round

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Eight
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
danielle king 4:53 PM - 4 February, 2014
turntables are wrong no1 is 2 no2 is 1 crossfader is backwards so are the buttons on cue points
danielle king 5:52 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
turntables are wrong no1 is 2 no2 is 1 crossfader is backwards so are the buttons on cue points
Serato, Support
Karl Y 1:39 PM - 6 February, 2014
Hi danielle king

the order of the channels in Serato DJ is

3 1 2 4
(1 and 2 are the inner, primary decks, 3 and 4 are the outer, secondary decks)
This is different to Scratch Live but it makes e.g. four deck vertical mode much more convenient.

Let me know if that answers your question :-)

Cheers
Karl
danielle king 1:54 PM - 6 February, 2014
no it does not help both 1and 3 come through one channel and the video mixer does not correspond correctly i cant seperate the channels correctly everything is plug and play for scratch live this one is a mess that email does not say anything if you could email me a number so i can talk to a person who can advise me on how to make the channels correspond correctly otherwise i shall have to go elswhere as scratch live is going to be dropped
jeffy 2:05 PM - 6 February, 2014
i have the same problem, i use rane 68. nothing is right there, just make more confuse, why you guys do that? 3&4 channel can not use for play videos, is really confuse, the decks very confused!! we can not use serato dj! Hope you guys can fix this problem.
danielle king 3:09 PM - 6 February, 2014
i would like a reply soon i am a working dj and i will be making a choice of software and hardware this year i would like to continue with serato but mixx vibes has a number of interesting features the big one bieng able to record video mixes without the need for seperate software. However such has been the stabilty and reliabilty of serato that i would like to stick with it if i can but just saying it doesnt work the same as scratch live is not helpfull
Serato, Support
Karl Y 3:37 PM - 6 February, 2014
Hi guys, we are investigating this. What OS are you on?
Mac OS 10.9.1 ?
danielle king 4:45 PM - 6 February, 2014
i use a mac book pro quad core as far as i can tell everything is up to date my sound is as follows turtable 1 is deck is deck 3 turntable 2 is deck 1 mixer controls for turntable 2loops cues are on channel 1 on mixer controls for turntable 1loops cues dont exist crossfader works between the channels as usual for audio but not for video turntable 1 deck 3 on software has no video turntable 2 deck1 on software has video controls for video loops cues are on channel one on the mixer . Its a mess
djnativeson 6:10 PM - 6 February, 2014
Same here not able to mach TT to channels with 68. Ch 1 comes up as ch 3 and ch 2 comes up as 1.
djcrap 8:55 PM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:
Hi guys, we are investigating this. What OS are you on?
Mac OS 10.9.1 ?

Yes am on 10.9.1

And i can confirm this behavior with my 68
djcrap 8:57 PM - 6 February, 2014
Here is another thread reporting the same issue

serato.com
Serato, Support
Karl Y 8:43 AM - 10 February, 2014
Hey guys,

there has been a spec change and we call the channels on the mixer now

3, 1, 2, 4 (from left to right)

This is not a bug. It is by design.
So if you use four decks, then
- the leftmost deck is "3" in Serato DJ and connects to the leftmost channel on the Sixty Eight. It is on the left side of your screen in all deck views and sits at the top in Stack view mode.
- the inner left deck is your primary left deck (deck 1) and connects to the inner channel on the left. This is also your left video channel if you use Serato Video.

If you use two decks only, then simply use the middle channels.

There should be no need to rewire anything in an existing setup, it's only the names that changed.
danielle king, could you please elaborate why this is not working for you?

Cheers
Karl
danielle king 1:50 PM - 10 February, 2014
mixer controls fotr deck 3 deck 1 on mixer is as follows no cues or loops unless layer shift is used controls for deck1 deck 2 on mixer are on deck 1 on mixer video is as follows no video on deck three deck 1 on mixer video for deck1 deck 2 on mixer is as follows no video shows unless crossfader is on wrong side deck 3 deck one on mixer it is a confusing jumbled mess cant choose deck arrangement the two decks i wsant wont appear together on screen unless i have all four together unlike scratch live where the decks i choose are the decks i get and the controls correspond to the screen and vice versa i have deleted programme till such time that this is fixed or i am forced to choose new gear when scratch live is dicontinued .Change is inevitable but it has to work or one has to go elsewhere
Serato, Support
Karl Y 2:53 PM - 17 February, 2014
Hi Danielle King

the MIDI layering not working on the sixty eight is a known issue now and we are working on it

As for the decks on screen:
you can show

deck 1 and deck 2
or
deck 1 and deck 4
or
deck 3 and deck 2
or
deck 3 and deck 4

in two deck view by toggling the deck focus individually. simply click on the numbers in the deck in two deck view modes.

the deck order has changed, but it should just work.

left to right order is now 3 1 2 4, which corresponds to the waveform order on screen in vertical view
Also the primary decks are 1 and 2 (middle channels)
Look at this image of the Rane Sixty Four. The Rane Sixty Eight behaves the same, even though the printings on the faceplate are outdated.

dj.rane.com

Cheers
Karl
7:01 AM, 11 Mar 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.