Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tips: Rane Mixers With Serato DJ

9:16 PM, 30 Jan 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Eskei83 12:33 AM - 3 February, 2014
So there's no way to turn MIDI on the mixer OFF?
funkdealer 9:37 PM - 3 February, 2014
when do you expect support for the 61?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:30 AM - 4 February, 2014
Support for the Sixty-One is available now in Serato DJ 1.6 - serato.com
Djjector 2:22 AM - 4 February, 2014
if i own a sixty two mixer, do i have to buy sdj? or its free?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:27 AM - 4 February, 2014
Its free with the Rane Sixty-Two :-)
(Its free with all supported Rane hardware)
JimmyGoods 10:16 PM - 4 February, 2014
Do we get a key number?
Youngtee 6:27 AM - 5 February, 2014
Yes finally sixty one update now time to work
Serato, Support
Karl Y 1:46 PM - 5 February, 2014
Hi JimmyGoods

you don't need a key. Simply plug in your supported Rane hardware and it should work
(You may have to update the drivers and firmware, but that's it, no license needed.)

Cheers.
Darxyde 5:45 PM - 5 February, 2014
i use the pioneer djm t1(i want the rane 62, just can't afford it.) I switched from the 56s because the pioneer is midi mappable in scratch live. However, in SDJ, i am not able to map the scroll button for my library, nor my load functions. Please enlighten me if i have missed something. I have been a serato user since 2007, and with the updates, i would love to stay connected. Please help.
eagleboy305 12:30 AM - 6 February, 2014
THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE IT WORK FOR THE SL1 NOW I GOTTA GO BUY THE SL2 CRAZY
dj mswift 4:00 AM - 6 February, 2014
You need to ad the feature (sort cues chronologically) on serato dj .
DJ Dohboy 3:19 AM - 7 February, 2014
Yo i just got an email about sera to dj v 1.6 it says its a free upgrade for scratch live users but then its asking if i want to buy the upgrade, so is it a free upgrade or not?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 8:25 AM - 7 February, 2014
Hi DJ Dohboy

When moving from Scratch Live to Serato DJ, it's a FREE update. There's no need to purchase a license as supported Rane devices are plug-and-play. Connect your device, follow the steps to install the drivers and you're good to go! You can close the online My Serato window easily by clicking the X in the top right corner

Supported Rane devices are:

Rane SL2, SL3, SL4
Rane Sixty-One, Sixty-Two, Sixty-Four, Sixty-Eight

Cheers
Karl
.:WAX:. 9:41 PM - 7 February, 2014
Rane 68 users feel left out with the Serato DJ update because the software isn't designed to access Cue Points,Loops, Rolls ect..on board. Plus you would have to switch Layer/Shift in the mix to even operate the Rane 68 I guess that's what we get for spending $2,600.00 to help build the company. Although I still would expect all current & future software to be fully compatible with all Rane products. Unlike Windows O/S upgrades, this sort of reminds me of when I upgraded from Windows Vista & my brand new photo scanner became a over priced paper weight. We need to focus on a Rane 68 friendly version of Serato DJ ASAP.
.:WAX:.
cbrilla 1:08 PM - 8 February, 2014
Be careful with the SDJ 1.6 I just upgraded and it blew a fuse in my Rane 62. Will not come back on. Shipping it to Rane today.. Definitely some bugs in 1.6
djcrap 3:37 PM - 8 February, 2014
Are mapping mid layers to fucyions in sdj on the sixty eight supported in 1.6
djcrap 3:38 PM - 8 February, 2014
^^fucyions = functions
Eskei83 3:02 PM - 9 February, 2014
Quote:
Be careful with the SDJ 1.6 I just upgraded and it blew a fuse in my Rane 62. Will not come back on. Shipping it to Rane today.. Definitely some bugs in 1.6

You've to reinstall the firmware. Happened to me as well.
Mick Moore 3:24 PM - 10 February, 2014
Wie intalliere ich die Firmware neu? / How to reinstall the firmware? SL stürtz ab wenn am Rane Sixty-Two 2 Mac´s angeschlossen sind! / SL Crashes if 2 macs are connected to the 62!

Quote:
Quote:

You've to reinstall the firmware. Happened to me as well.
Dj TopDonn 3:28 AM - 11 February, 2014
Is there any plan to offer support for the Rane TTm 57 with the current release of 1.6?
Joe Fresh 3:37 AM - 11 February, 2014
Quote:

Did it literally blow a fuse? Never heard of software making that happen. My 62 works fine on the latest firmware with SDJ 1.6.

Quote:
Is there any plan to offer support for the Rane TTm 57 with the current release of 1.6?

No. The TTM57SL will continue to work with Scratch Live, but it will not be supported on Serato DJ.
"clydebro" 4:10 AM - 11 February, 2014
Nice Tip!
hersh20 6:34 PM - 11 February, 2014
is there a way to trigger the slot loops from the 62?
cbrilla 5:38 PM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Did it literally blow a fuse? Never heard of software making that happen. My 62 works fine on the latest firmware with SDJ 1.6.

Quote:

No. The TTM57SL will continue to work with Scratch Live, but it will not be supported on Serato DJ.

Im not sure if my fuse blew or not. I just know it would not come back on. I even unplugged everything and plugged it in by itself. No power. I shipped it to Rane. So we will see.
Dj Cotton 2:19 PM - 14 February, 2014
This update seem like it sucks.. :(
Konstantinos Moutafis 1:19 PM - 25 February, 2014
Configuring the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 for Serato Scratch Live 2 is easy...
about the serato dj?
can i use this controller with serato dj ?????
DJBABYFACEWILLIMAS 4:11 PM - 25 February, 2014
Updated my Serato DJ software...installed the drivers on the Rane 68 and having issues with using my dicers(only the right side works) and now my left set of decks are slicing my bpm's down (100bpm now 70bpm as I load them)...How do I fix this ????
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:52 AM - 26 February, 2014
Hey there,

Best place for tech support is serato.com

:)

Sam.
KNIGHT 2:23 AM - 3 March, 2014
HERE'S WHAT I THINK ABOUT UPDATES ,,,, IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT !!!!! MY SCRATCH LIVE WRKS FINE ON MY 62.....
Joe Fresh 7:39 AM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
This update seem like it sucks.. :(

Many DJs, including myself, would disagree.

Quote:
Configuring the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 for Serato Scratch Live 2 is easy...
about the serato dj?
can i use this controller with serato dj ?????

You can, but some functions that were mappable in Scratch Live are not currently mappable in SDJ. Search the forum for more info on this, it's pretty safe to assume that a future update will bring back more MIDI functionality.

Quote:
HERE'S WHAT I THINK ABOUT UPDATES ,,,, IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT !!!!! MY SCRATCH LIVE WRKS FINE ON MY 62.....

That attitude doesn't leave much room for improvement, advancement, or innovation in DJ technology. However, to each his/her own, use what works for you.
Konstantinos Moutafis 9:03 AM - 7 March, 2014
You can, but some functions that were mappable in Scratch Live are not currently mappable in SDJ. Search the forum for more info on this, it's pretty safe to assume that a future update will bring back more MIDI functionality.

No i can't ! Where is auto-loop? where is browsing & load tracks? where is tempo & set cue?
Only the hot cue + efe are availablele! We need full midi functionality soon , please.. it is necessary for all!!!
mpdjs 2:18 AM - 25 March, 2014
When will the 68 be compatible with SDJ? So many issues with the mixer not working. Will it ever be compatible like it was in Scratch Live? The board is basically useless now.
DJ Jayc 5:43 AM - 2 April, 2014
New bug to report on Serato DJ ! Regarding the inputs and outputs when 2 DJs are spinning live on the decks ! Gotta be kidding me dawg... !

Another thing is I really need to know the answer for this...
Is the function "Reverse Input Control" available in Serato DJ ?
Could somebody please tell me. Thank you. If there is no, kindly include it in the upcoming version of SDJ or firmware too.. It's a very important function when you are using 1 turntable or 1 cdj.

Thank you !
Eskei83 6:12 AM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
New bug to report on Serato DJ ! Regarding the inputs and outputs when 2 DJs are spinning live on the decks ! Gotta be kidding me dawg... !

Could somebody please tell me. Thank you. If there is no, kindly include it in the upcoming version of SDJ or firmware too.. It's a very important function when you are using 1 turntable or 1 cdj.

Thank you !

Use instant double and one deck in internal mode. It's way easier and not so confusing as input reverse.
DJ Jayc 7:42 AM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you !

Use instant double and one deck in internal mode. It's way easier and not so confusing as input reverse.

I know what you mean. I've been using instant double for years. But at the same time as you take over the previous DJ and if he is playing the left deck and I need to use the left deck too. What do you think ? Do you get my picture now ? Lol, I know it's a bit confusing to many people about it but when you comes to hands practically then you will understand what I mean.
Dj Cotton 11:26 AM - 16 April, 2014
Was at the Euro Palace in germany and Serato Dj Crashed when switching DJ'S.. was using SL4.. any other djs have issues with Serato Dj crashing while switching?
Joe Fresh 7:46 PM - 16 April, 2014
Quote:
Was at the Euro Palace in germany and Serato Dj Crashed when switching DJ'S.. was using SL4.. any other djs have issues with Serato Dj crashing while switching?

I emailed Serato asking if it's possible to switch DJs on an SL4 with one of them running Scratch Live and the other running SDJ. They told me that isn't supported.
But 2 laptops running SDJ should be able to switch on an SL4 without crashing.
Was the other DJ using SDJ or Scratch Live?
Crump 4:06 PM - 15 October, 2014
I don't see a buffer control on my Sixty One or SL2 driver panel.

There is just a blank space where it should be?
DJ GINGER FISH 5:26 PM - 22 October, 2014
I have downloaded all the Serato DJ software from 1.6 to 1.7.1 and none of the software versions play my deck 1 of Serato DJ on channel one of my Rane 68. When I return to Serato Live 2.2 1 is in one. And the set up window has the option under the Harware tab to change the decks from 1 & 2 , or 2 & 3, etc... But I can't find that option in Serato DJ. I spoke with my DJ store and they said they believe that that tab got made automatic in Serato DJ. Is there a place to change where the decks are assigned to? Right now deck one comes out in channel 2 on USB 2, deck 2 comes out channel 3 on USB 3, deck 3 comes out no where, and deck 4 comes out on USB 4. I assume this might be a bug in the driver for the 68. I tried restarting the computer and mixer three different times, and I tried different USB cords, in both USB ports of the 68, and it still happens. I haven't worked in any software other then Scratch Live 2.2. That has ended up being my stablest version. Imagine all the so called bug fixes after 2.2 that I haven't overcome because of different bugs preventing me from using the updates. And now this Serato DJ has gone thru a ton of updates but none can be used properly with my Rane 68 mixer.
.:WAX:. 3:03 AM - 9 December, 2014
Still hoping & dreaming they will just add the option to pick what Deck & PGM you want to use on the software so I can finally use my Rane 68 with Serato DJ. Sounds like a easy fix to me to route it through the software to support the screen print on the older 4 channel Rane Hareware... Right?
~e~ 11:08 PM - 20 February, 2015
so without having to read all the comments, we cant use loop buttons on 68 anymore?
djmelody1978 11:32 PM - 25 June, 2015
Up dated rane 62 to SDJ & fuse has blown mixer wont switch on, out of warranty, anyone have any clue how easy it is to fix or has this got to go back to rane ?

i hear they are changing hands & sending anything atm is going to take forever

Thanx for your help i advance
moemoe 3:49 PM - 29 June, 2015
Can you mix video with the 61
Hump 6:38 AM - 1 October, 2015
You can mix Video with the 61
Mr. Goodkat 7:54 AM - 27 April, 2016
im working with a 62 and 2.53 firmware. SSL works with sl3 and 62 --- SDJ only works with sl3 and NOT 62 where the decks spin backward as fast as possible. any thoughts on how to remedy that?
DJ Harry Love 11:25 AM - 4 August, 2016
Is this really life? Do I really have to manually map every function on my Sixty Eight mixer in order to use Serato DJ? I'be always been perfectly happy with Scratch Live and due to a new laptop which only works with El Capitan I have no choice but to use Serato DJ, although it seems like us 68 owners are once again being left out. That mixer is amazing but the support that went with it has been atrocious since day one

Quote:
Rane 68 users feel left out with the Serato DJ update because the software isn't designed to access Cue Points,Loops, Rolls ect..on board. Plus you would have to switch Layer/Shift in the mix to even operate the Rane 68 I guess that's what we get for spending $2,600.00 to help build the company. Although I still would expect all current & future software to be fully compatible with all Rane products. Unlike Windows O/S upgrades, this sort of reminds me of when I upgraded from Windows Vista & my brand new photo scanner became a over priced paper weight. We need to focus on a Rane 68 friendly version of Serato DJ ASAP.
.:WAX:.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 12:32 PM - 4 August, 2016
Its all mapped in Serato DJ
FRANCISCO djmota 3:20 AM - 12 December, 2016
HOLA LA ULTIMA ACTUALIZACION DEL FIRWARE DE RANE 62 (2.53) NO AFECTA EL USO DE SCRATCH LIVE AUN USO EL CONTROLADOR QUE VENIA EN LA VERSION DE SERATO DJ 1.63. (AUN USO LIVE EN SNOW LEOPARD)