DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

A Reference for Dancehall Riddims

Dokumentary 7:07 AM - 18 January, 2014
Anyone know of a good website / database for finding & identifying Reggae riddims? I'm organizing all my mp3's and I have all my Reggae & Dancehall organized pretty well. Which is not an easy thing to do. It's good to know your music but sometimes with new releases or even older tracks that have a variation of the riddim, it's tough to label them properly.

I label the riddims in the description section so i can click the header and they line up. Then I can medley them one right after another. (or however I wanna mix em).

Sometimes they slip through the cracks though and you play one song then realize it's the same beat as another song but not labelled that way. Example:

Seanizzle - One Day (One Day Riddim)
Beenie Man ft. Fambo - I'm OK (I'm OK Riddim)

Spot the mistake here... (Hint: I made it easy for you with this one)

Thanks.
Dokumentary 7:10 AM - 18 January, 2014
Also, google and youtube help but you're still relying on other people who can make mistakes which can lead to the above example. (and it's just an example so don't bust my balls, lol)

Looking for a definitive database that breaks down riddims and the songs that use that riddim.
selectajay 7:50 AM - 18 January, 2014
Try this..you may find it useful:)

www.riddimguide.com
Good3go85 2:46 PM - 20 January, 2014
JAMRID.COM
Dokumentary 8:03 PM - 20 January, 2014
Quote:
JAMRID.COM

This is the message I get when clicking anything on this page.

Sorry! You do not have permission to access this location.

Quote:
Try this..you may find it useful:)

www.riddimguide.com

This one is pretty good but not as comprehensive as I'd like. Much better than Riddimbase.org. I'm sure none are perfect though. Thx for the suggestions.

Any other ideas?
DJSP1KE 8:16 PM - 20 January, 2014
Riddimzragga

Dancehall arena

I'm sure these two have good back logs of riddims
Dokumentary 8:33 PM - 20 January, 2014
Quote:
Riddimzragga

Dancehall arena

I'm sure these two have good back logs of riddims

Nice! Both look like good resources for current / contemporary riddims considering both of these sites have been updated as recently as today. Good one Sp1ke.
DJSP1KE 8:49 PM - 20 January, 2014
No Problem , Riddimzragga has a lot of popups but is fairly up to date ,
Good3go85 10:46 AM - 21 January, 2014
JAMRID.COM must be down. Try Junorecords.com also
Iffy Ranx 6:32 PM - 25 April, 2014
Hi! I've been using virtual dj for a long time and I'm now slowly moving over to serato dj. Could anyone give me any tips on organizing my riddims? Some screenshots would be really helpful. Thanks.
DJSP1KE 10:45 AM - 26 April, 2014
Over the last 5 years I've been organising them by year - 2014 dancehall singles , Culture , Dancehall Riddims and so on , then have the main old classic dancehall and vocal hits in folders , then break it down further depending on how you play , heres a screen shot or two of mine

imageshack.com

imageshack.com
DJSP1KE 10:48 AM - 26 April, 2014
I'm always tweaking mine , try it out and if i can't get on with it shuffle it around or design them in a different way , but it comes down to personal preference. You have to make sure you can find ya songs without much work , so if I'm in a club i want it to flow from start to finish , hope the pics help
Iffy Ranx 11:05 AM - 26 April, 2014
Thanks for the screenshots. It just confirms what I knew, I have a LOT of organizing to do!! It's gonna be very long process and I'll just have to do it in stages. I know it will be worth it because all my music will be in a more orderly fashion. Thanks again!