Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ licence

Ian Tinmurth 6:48 PM - 15 January, 2014
I have a Pioneer DDJ-SX, which I use most of the time, other wise I use a Rane SL4 box with Scratch Live. Tonight whilst on holiday visiting one of my friends in another country I have been asked to cover a nights work, which I said yes to. The venue in question uses a Pioneer DDJ-SB I have just plugged the controller into my laptop and Serato is telling me to purchase Serato DJ, which I already have and use each week since I purchased my DDJ-SX. Why does my licence code for the DDJ-SX not cover all controllers?
Dj MacMillz 9:08 PM - 15 January, 2014
The DDJ SB is a Serato Intro controller, in order for your computer (or anyone's ) to work with that controller, you WOULD HAVE TO purchase the license.

It makes no sense to you or for you to do this, because you already have it unlocked for you pro level controller (the DDJ SX and soon the SL4 is capable), I would just use Intro for now while visiting. It's a decent program, although it's limited.
Ian Tinmurth 3:56 PM - 16 January, 2014
I activated the free trial in DJ and it worked just hoped it hasn't screwed up anything will find out when I get home
Dj MacMillz 10:34 PM - 16 January, 2014
Free trial is fine, but once that trial is over, the DDJ SB goes back to basically null and void (in terms of SDJ) unless that upgrade is purchased

Also, if you purchase said license, where ever you go, or what you use, from that point on will unlock the full program no matter the hardware available.
DJLex2 4:06 AM - 19 January, 2014
Send a polite email to support@serato.com stating you disagree with this policy and request a solution for pro hardware users which also own "intro controllers". :)
pueblofunky 5:55 PM - 19 January, 2014
Hi,

I want to ask if I would have to buy 0,1 or 2 licenses of Serato DJ in case of these situations:

I want to buy a SL4 for at home and when I am in club. Sometimes a club has a Serato controller (e.g. DJM 900 SRT).

I want to use Serato DJ on my PC at home, stand-alone (library maintenance) or with the SL4 at home.

I want to use Serato DJ on my laptop (djing) - with SL4 or DJM 900 SRT (depending what is in the club), stand-alone (library maintenance).

In the club or in the office - where I use my laptop - there is NO internet connection.

Do I have to active/disable - or nothing?

Thanks a lot
Dj MacMillz 9:34 PM - 19 January, 2014
If you have a SL4 at home you DO NOT have to purchase any license, when the 1.6 version releases it will be supported.

If the club has a SL2/3/4 or the DJM900SRT, again you DO NOT need to purchase anything, they will all be supported going forward, the DJM900SRT is supported now.

The SDJ program itself, just like any other software from serato (Dj wise) is free to download, setup and trey (it's gonna be in offline player mode), you can organize your library.

Once the SL boxes are supported (actually the 1.6 beta is being tested now, try it out) all you will have to do is activate via the online screen when you first connect (after that it's all good)
Going forward the only SL box/mixer not supported by SDJ will be the SL1 and the 57 mixer.

I hope this helped clarify your questions.
Good luck.