Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

"Next song on flip" in Serato DJ?

Vekked 1:57 PM - 10 January, 2014
Does this feature exist in the new Serato DJ beta? Couldn't find it on first look, it's something I used a fair bit in Scratch Live though.
Vekked 5:10 PM - 12 January, 2014
anyone?
SiRocket 5:39 AM - 10 February, 2014
Any updates? I too would like to know. It's something that I like to use for battles. I think it's a great feature for the "purest" side of things :)
MikePulse 8:25 PM - 11 March, 2014
Hi@All,
Thinking "Next song on flip" Feature is not implemented in Serato DJ right now. But hoping that they will patch it in one of the next releases. Why loosing a cool like this which is already fully written in code? So lets Wait & Hope!

regards
Mike
ps. keep the art alive - stop the syncmania
SiRocket 7:56 PM - 12 March, 2014
bumpity
Effekttz 3:54 PM - 16 April, 2014
I also like to use 'next song on flip' . i use Serato scratch live at the moment with the SL2. Had a look at Serato DJ , it looks great but is missing the flip mode . i like it because i can sort my set out and put it in the prepare section flipping the vinyl keeps it a little bit more real while at the same time flipping the vinyl so i can keep the wear and tear even . put it in Serato dj please

Quote:

Mike
ps. keep the art alive - stop the syncmania

Great way to put it ...
Teknomadix 6:37 PM - 11 May, 2014
The fact that this feature is missing in Serato DJ, is a great disappointment!

It is important for me to NOT need to look at my laptop screen while playing as much as possible. It is distracting!

I use the insomniaX applet for my macbook pro, that changes the sleep/suspend behavior of the laptop. When I am playing, 95% of the time, the lid on the laptop is CLOSED.

Very much would love to make use of the software, but until this feature is reincorporated it won't be coming to gigs with me.
Cham 9:54 AM - 15 July, 2014
This was a relly good feature. Bring it back please.
dizzyrocks2001 12:22 PM - 15 July, 2014
Quote:

It is important for me to NOT need to look at my laptop screen while playing as much as possible. It is distracting!

I use the insomniaX applet for my macbook pro, that changes the sleep/suspend behavior of the laptop. When I am playing, 95% of the time, the lid on the laptop is CLOSED.

Very much would love to make use of the software, but until this feature is reincorporated it won't be coming to gigs with me.

Slightly off topic question: I just recently installed NoSleep which is basically the same program as insomniaX and made by the same developer... does your MacBook Pro ever overheat due to having the lid closed?
DOS.putin 7:14 PM - 15 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Slightly off topic question: I just recently installed NoSleep which is basically the same program as insomniaX and made by the same developer... does your MacBook Pro ever overheat due to having the lid closed?

I Use Insomniax applet on a 2014 13" Macbook Pro /w 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM and 256GB PCI SSD OSX Mavericks 10.9. These machines are designed totally different than the previous MacBooks, with the lid closed it stays cool. Even when running 4 decks, with FX etc. Never overheats, doesn't even get very warm. The Insomniax applet isn't the same as NoSleep at all. NoSleep lacks most of the advanced config options of Insomniax.
Main thing is, make sure that the battery is charged prior to starting a set where your lid will be closed. Charging the battery is the only thing that generates considerable heat, as the Li-Po batts do get hot during charge cycles.

Serato, are you listening???? We want next song on flip.. how stupid is it that this features is STILL not in Serato DJ. I'm so disappointed with you guys over this...
dizzyrocks2001 8:41 PM - 15 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I Use Insomniax applet on a 2014 13" Macbook Pro /w 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM and 256GB PCI SSD OSX Mavericks 10.9. These machines are designed totally different than the previous MacBooks, with the lid closed it stays cool. Even when running 4 decks, with FX etc. Never overheats, doesn't even get very warm. The Insomniax applet isn't the same as NoSleep at all. NoSleep lacks most of the advanced config options of Insomniax.
Main thing is, make sure that the battery is charged prior to starting a set where your lid will be closed. Charging the battery is the only thing that generates considerable heat, as the Li-Po batts do get hot during charge cycles.

Serato, are you listening???? We want next song on flip.. how stupid is it that this features is STILL not in Serato DJ. I'm so disappointed with you guys over this...

Thanks very much for the info. I tried Insomniax but I couldn't seem to get it working. I'll give it another shot.
SiRocket 12:43 AM - 19 July, 2014
Serato will bring this back in 5 years don't worry. Smh. Sighhh
DOS.putin 5:01 AM - 25 August, 2014
Quote:
Serato will bring this back in 5 years don't worry. Smh. Sighhh

Five years! Appreciate the sarcasm, lol. But I hope not..
Whoever is running the @Serato twitter account was unaware of this thread.. i been bugging them... (screenshot) imgur.com
DJ Quartz 12:11 AM - 8 April, 2015
+1

Bring it back
Marv Incredible 12:23 AM - 8 April, 2015
+1
Vekked 10:34 AM - 14 May, 2015
+1,000,000
whyis 5:18 PM - 22 January, 2016
Guys,

am i doing something wrong?
i want to use the "next song on flip" thing but i can't use it as i want to.
thing is, is just want to play by not touching the notebook but when i flip the vinyl it will just play the next song of the playlist, so i have to flip it again to get to the next songt i want to play of the list.

any solutions?
DJ Quartz 9:45 PM - 22 January, 2016
They won't bring it back until there is enough requests. So place your vote.
Paperkut 4:34 AM - 25 January, 2016
I've always liked that feature. I thought it was a great idea. Gives your set an authentic pace. And it is great for turntablist sets.
Cham 2:07 PM - 25 January, 2016
+100000000

Bring it back please. For me it was just an awesome way to get to the next track. And it looks way better than messing around with the computer.
DJ Quartz 6:35 PM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
+100000000

Bring it back please. For me it was just an awesome way to get to the next track. And it looks way better than messing around with the computer.

This is the thing, it was for 'hands free' use but also for the visual element.

We need more people to make noise about it.
Miezenwahnsinn 8:45 PM - 25 January, 2016
I really need this, please bring it back!

Maybe someone from Serato can just give a hint, if there are plans for the near future for this feature?
DJ Quartz 9:07 PM - 25 January, 2016
I forgot about this post, serato.com
Dj Wunder 1:33 PM - 26 January, 2016
+1
serkan 12:46 PM - 30 January, 2016
+1
Miezenwahnsinn 10:39 AM - 9 February, 2016
It's now more than two years ago from the first request.... Such a tiny but very useful feature, is it really so expensive to re-implement this for the new software?
DJ Quartz 2:54 PM - 9 February, 2016
Bump...
aleksey 4:28 PM - 9 February, 2016
+1
BBN 1:02 AM - 10 February, 2016
+1
SiRocket 4:29 AM - 17 February, 2016
Place your votes at www.fixseratodj.com

- Fix the annoying Audio Dropouts with high latency even!!!
- Echo Out Distortion
- Sticker Lock more accurate (ITS WORTHLESS RIGHT NOW)
- Next Song On Flip
- Dicers go dead when you have custom midi mappings on them (this has been closed yet not solved by serato for over a year with me and i have 3 pairs of dicers, 2 computers, and various other mixers/serato interface hardware. IT DOESNT DO IT WITH SSL!)
- Mixtape as a paid feature! PLEASE!

These are a few to start!
bohlrocka 12:38 PM - 21 February, 2016
+1
Laz219 5:37 AM - 27 February, 2016
+1
I did often forget to use it, but always a feature I liked.
DJ Quartz 1:28 PM - 11 March, 2016
Bring back all the vinyl options already.

- Vinyl Scroll Select
- Offset Adjustment
DJ Raw Shit 3:51 AM - 26 March, 2016
Push +1!!
serkan 6:22 PM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:
Bring back all the vinyl options already.

- Vinyl Scroll Select
- Offset Adjustment

+1
Despo 6:33 PM - 26 March, 2016
Quote:
Place your votes at www.fixseratodj.com

- Fix the annoying Audio Dropouts with high latency even!!!
- Echo Out Distortion
- Sticker Lock more accurate (ITS WORTHLESS RIGHT NOW)
- Next Song On Flip
- Dicers go dead when you have custom midi mappings on them (this has been closed yet not solved by serato for over a year with me and i have 3 pairs of dicers, 2 computers, and various other mixers/serato interface hardware. IT DOESNT DO IT WITH SSL!)
- Mixtape as a paid feature! PLEASE!

These are a few to start!

pretty much everything that's wrong with SDJ right now. The worst thing is they already have a good echo in serato, it's called the break echo when you set it to fade in single fx mode, wish they'd do a multi version of that, call it echo out 2 and call it day
SiRocket 2:22 AM - 31 March, 2016
sigh..... anyone listening out there???
SiRocket 2:23 AM - 31 March, 2016
what's funny is some of these old features in SSL were created over night after a drunk night at the pub or during in some cases... and then polished up upon return to the desk on Monday during the work week.

Yet Serato is taking 2+ years to get these things handled... of course we are impatient and tired at this point.

sigh.
dbrioso 1:21 PM - 13 May, 2016
+
GnollinZ 10:32 AM - 27 May, 2016
+1

I'm new to Serato but would love this feature!
acemc 11:19 PM - 29 May, 2016
+1
WaxChemistry 6:12 PM - 17 August, 2017
Loved this feature! Please bring it back. "Next Song on Flip"!
haveboard 7:48 AM - 5 April, 2018
Really want this feature back still.
DJ Quartz 11:19 AM - 5 April, 2018
+1, 000, 000
aleksey 2:07 PM - 6 April, 2018
+1
TheDiscordian 7:39 PM - 8 May, 2019
+1
BBN 10:18 AM - 9 May, 2019
Impossible with Phase anyways ;)
haveboard 1:25 PM - 9 May, 2019
@bbn well this has nothing to do with Phase so #shrug
BBN 8:57 PM - 12 May, 2019
It has!
Now that I'm using Phase it's a useless feature to me.
And if you pay attention to the smiley, everyone should understand that it was a joke.
Jankie 10:26 PM - 4 December, 2019
I often play mixers that support SDJ but don't support SSL with SL1. XD
It's a bit absurd, but I really very miss the "Next song on flip"
+1
DJ Quartz 7:34 PM - 5 December, 2019
Quote:
It has!
Now that I'm using Phase it's a useless feature to me.
And if you pay attention to the smiley, everyone should understand that it was a joke.

You could flip Phase transmitter over, lol!
DJ CUT NICE 3:11 PM - 13 February, 2020
I also miss vinyl scroll it is so fast to load the next track instead of touching the mixer or lap top. why they left it out is dumbfounding in serato dj
DJ CUT NICE 3:58 PM - 13 February, 2020
Vinyl scroll is way faster then next song on flip, you don't have to flip the record over, vinyl scroll you just put the needle at the vinyl scroll part at the end of the record and next song is ready to go, gutted it's left out in serato dj
DJ CUT NICE 4:04 PM - 13 February, 2020
I find vinyl scroll faster then using a midi mixer to load the next track still, even though i don't have a midi mixer tried my friends midi mixer and it's slower by time you turn the knob and then press it