Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

How to disable deck 3 + 4 when using SSL 4

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DJM-900SRT
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
pueblofunky 7:30 PM - 9 January, 2014
Hi,

I've just read about

serato.com

and selected the "Get help" but can't not select the correct version and hardware ...

Currently I still have SL1 and I am thinking about to buy SL4 to use Serato DJ.

Can I disable deck 3 + 4 in the view shown under "The Rane SL4" (serato.com)?

Can I disable deck 4 only - to show/play with 3 decks only (and save space on the screen)? In the club we have 3 cd player.

Thx
pueblofunky 7:33 PM - 9 January, 2014
Also the link on serato.com

under "changeover for all Rane devices here." (serato.com) does not work.

---

Do we have to pay a license for Serato DJ when using SL2,3,4?
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:44 PM - 13 January, 2014
Hi pueblofunky,

Quote:

Can I disable deck 3 + 4 in the view shown under "The Rane SL4" (serato.com)?

You can choose to view only 1 + 2 and put 3 + 4 into thru mode, which allows 3 + 4 to be used for other sources.

Quote:

Can I disable deck 4 only - to show/play with 3 decks only (and save space on the screen)? In the club we have 3 cd player.

You can only choose to see 2 deck views or 4 deck views there is no 3 deck view available for the Rane SL4.

Quote:
Also the link on serato.com
under "changeover for all Rane devices here." (serato.com) does not work.

Just checked it, its working for me...

Quote:

Do we have to pay a license for Serato DJ when using SL2,3,4?

No, you won't be required to pay for a Serato DJ license as these boxes are fully supported in Serato DJ and will unlock the software in the same way as SSL :)

Matt P
pueblofunky 9:24 PM - 13 January, 2014
I want to buy the SL4 but it would be great to enable only 3 decks when only 3 cd player are there (in the club).

Also what will be shown in this case:

In the club we have a brand new DJM-900SRT. All 3 cd player (nexus) are connected and we are NOT ABLE to change this setup - we have no access to the cables from the cd player to the mixer!

When I connect with the USB to the DJM-900SRT and want to play with 3 cd players - do I always see 4 players on the laptop view? If yes, - not good because I want to save space on the screen ...
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:27 PM - 14 January, 2014
Hi pueblofunky,

Quote:

When I connect with the USB to the DJM-900SRT and want to play with 3 cd players - do I always see 4 players on the laptop view? If yes, - not good because I want to save space on the screen ...

Currently you will only be able to view either 2 decks or 4 decks as there is no 3 deck view mode with the SL4. If this is a feature you'd like to see included i would suggest posting in here - serato.com

Thanks

Matt P