Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Licence

Gene Wilkin 8:18 PM - 7 January, 2014
Hi folks, It would appear that a purchased Serato DJ licence will only install on two machines, fair enough, however, the older of my two machines has failed. Am I going to have problems installing Serato DJ onto a new MacBook as it will show that I have used my two licences? Obviously I may not be able to uninstall from the older machine... Any help would be great.

Gene
deejdave 7:11 PM - 8 January, 2014
You will have to ask the guys here at Serato for a license cancellation/deactivation. You can e-mail them directly but I see a LOT of people get faster attention by opening a help request here on the forums titles ATTN: ADMINISTRATORS - Serato DJ License Deactivation. Make sure you are signed into your registered serato.com name in which you purchased the license with so they can see it in your profile.
Gene Wilkin 8:27 PM - 8 January, 2014
Thank you, but I don't know how to start a help request? it just says I have no help requests with no option to create one...
deejdave 9:39 PM - 8 January, 2014
serato.com I didn't know what controller you use but this is where EVERYONE goes for support.
prtbone78 2:01 AM - 9 January, 2014
so i wont be able to install on my pc after i install on mac?
deejdave 2:06 AM - 9 January, 2014
Not sure which part you missed but you are allowed two installs on WHATEVER machines you wish per license. If you are using a professional controller you can install on as many as you wish. These rules apply for beginner (serato DJ Intro) controllers only.
prtbone78 2:11 AM - 9 January, 2014
im lost but thnks i guess im good i have sl3 and numark v7s wanna instal on my mac laptop and my pc thats why but thnx as long as i dont have to purchase anything to do this its good..
deejdave 2:14 AM - 9 January, 2014
With the V7 & Sl3 you can install on as many machines as you wish JUST LIKE SSL & JUST LIKE Itch.
Gene Wilkin 1:35 PM - 9 January, 2014
I have a mixtrack pro, which came with traktor which I am not interested in. I bought a serato DJ licence which is activated on two machines. one of those machines is dead and I want to use that licence on a new machine
Gene Wilkin 1:59 PM - 9 January, 2014
I've managed to uninstall Serato DJ from the old machine in safe mode, however, when I try and activate on my new machine it asks for a serial key which I don't appear to have...
deejdave 5:55 PM - 9 January, 2014
If you don't have it may I ask what you entered onto your laptop in the first place? You MAY have your key saved to your profile here on Serato.com. check tab above for your profile. Obviously you did have one otherwise there would have been nothing to enter into your last computer.
Gene Wilkin 1:50 AM - 10 January, 2014
I've sorted it, but what a hassle to deactivate a licence from a broken machine! Thank you
Gene Wilkin 6:45 AM - 22 July, 2017
Hi I need to do this again due to a hard drive replacement on my back up... Can I do it myself or does it have to be done Serato's end?

Many Thanks
deejdave 9:10 PM - 22 July, 2017
Same as last time. Needs to be deactivated prior to replacement or you will run into this issue every time.