DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Stanton ST-150 Battle Mode

DJFree 11:00 PM - 1 January, 2014
Ok I'm totally new to turntables and DJing. I had the Pioneer DDJ SX for 3 months and decided to get turntables (Stanton 150's). I'm trying to learn to scratch and battle mode setup I think will work best for me because I hit the tonearm a few times (being a beginner is probably why but oh well). My question is when I try to setup the tables in battle mode the right one cannot be aligned against the Rane 62 because of the RCA cable location, I've seen people on the net put it in battlemode though...what am I missing? Helpful answers only please...thanks.
Benzito 12:00 AM - 2 January, 2014
Try buying right angle rca's
DJFree 12:01 AM - 2 January, 2014
Perfect....thanks for the response.
Laz219 7:36 AM - 2 January, 2014
I thought ST150s came with right angle cables out of the box.
Vekked 1:52 PM - 2 January, 2014
Quote:

yea they do, and a right angle power cord
DJFree 9:49 PM - 2 January, 2014
That's what I was told but I got mine from American Musical and they are not right angled.
DJFree 9:51 PM - 2 January, 2014
Dang...they are right angled...had them plugged in wrong to the 62...smh...I got a cheap banquet table and pressing play on one table causes it to skip slightly...any recommendations on isolation?
DJ506 2:24 AM - 3 January, 2014
~ Get a better table. lol

I got the STR8.150's with the Shure 44's. Weight at 3.5...solid as f**k! :)
DJFree 3:08 AM - 3 January, 2014
Haha the painful truth....still got the receipt I'm gonna get a new table...any recommendations on that? Man I really want the Shure 44's but I know I'll have trouble with the assembly.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:23 AM - 3 January, 2014
Quote:
Man I really want the Shure 44's but I know I'll have trouble with the assembly.

*****sigh*****
DJFree 3:25 AM - 3 January, 2014
Don't do this bro...first sentence when I opened discussion says it all.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:29 AM - 3 January, 2014
Quote:
Don't do this bro...first sentence when I opened discussion says it all.

****Ok, ok....***

BUT, my thing is this....

JUST GET THE DAMN CARTRIDGES, and TEACH YOURSELF how to assemble them...

Trust me when I tell you...

Something as SIMPLE as that will help you understand the Art that you are trying to undertake....

Seriously.
DJFree 3:32 AM - 3 January, 2014
Got you.......cool.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:32 AM - 3 January, 2014
You have no idea how many cats on here call themselves "DJ"'s and can't even mount a headshell....
DJFree 3:34 AM - 3 January, 2014
Oh I've read the forums....was hesitant to post but it's some good information in here...any recommendation on a good stable table?
DJ Remy USA 8:56 AM - 3 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

yea they do, and a right angle power cord

mine didnt I got mine when the first launched and they did not have the right angled cords only the power cord the rca were standard so he may have a pair of those
pdidy 11:12 AM - 3 January, 2014
Quote:
Oh I've read the forums....was hesitant to post but it's some good information in here...any recommendation on a good stable table?

Home depot 6ft folding table www.homedepot.com

Then get one of these if you need/want a more professional look www.scrim-king.com

Then put a light under it Watchwww.youtube.com
DJFree 12:17 PM - 3 January, 2014
Remy I actually had them backwards in the 62.....act like you didn't even hear me say that though...smh....Pdidy appreciate that....taking this banquet table back today.
DJ Remy USA 12:53 PM - 3 January, 2014
DJ Free I didnt read down that far so no I didnt hear you say that actually
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:54 PM - 3 January, 2014
Quote:

I think he was saying for you to "act like you didn't hear him say it" out of embarrassment....
DJFree 1:36 PM - 3 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I think he was saying for you to "act like you didn't hear him say it" out of embarrassment....

^^
Correct
Asu 3:13 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Home depot 6ft folding table www.homedepot.com

Then get one of these if you need/want a more professional look www.scrim-king.com

Then put a light under it Watchwww.youtube.com

Great advice and links

Getting some TT too,always play on cdjs or controllers...decided i need to honor the past and learn my may thru using Turn tables

Looking to get the Stanton ST150 or STR8.150...is the latter worth the extra $$...i saw New ST150s for $900 a pair...i see a lot of top DJs with both if it's not the 1200s.
DJFree 4:09 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:

Great advice and links

Getting some TT too,always play on cdjs or controllers...decided i need to honor the past and learn my may thru using Turn tables

Looking to get the Stanton ST150 or STR8.150...is the latter worth the extra $$...i saw New ST150s for $900 a pair...i see a lot of top DJs with both if it's not the 1200s.

I personally love my ST150's....got to play on some Technics and I love those too. I can't speak on any other tables because I haven't tried them. But since I'm new to turntables I was nervous about buying used Techs and I refused to buy them new at 1K a table.
Asu 4:53 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
But since I'm new to turntables I was nervous about buying used Techs and I refused to buy them new at 1K a table.

yeah 1k no way lol,but yeah i'll get the ST150's,don't wanna buy anything used...especially being new to TT my self,something could be missing from a used one.

The ST's come with everything ready to go,love that....will get some Shure 44's later.

DJ free,how heavy are they? couldn't find that spec.
DJFree 5:01 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:

yeah 1k no way lol,but yeah i'll get the ST150's,don't wanna buy anything used...especially being new to TT my self,something could be missing from a used one.

The ST's come with everything ready to go,love that....will get some Shure 44's later.

DJ free,how heavy are they? couldn't find that spec.

Man they're HEAVY....I don't have the exact weight (I think around 40 pounds) but get individual flight cases and you can carry both but it's a job. I played out once before I got the Ortofon SH-4 headshells and Shure 44's and you will probably do the same. The needles that came with it just don't track well in a bad playing environment (wood floor at a mansion party).