Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

DJM 900 SRT not working with CDJ 2000 Nexus

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DJM-900SRT
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Deepak Dubai 4:20 PM - 1 January, 2014
I am having CDJ 2000 Nexus and djm 900 SRT.
If i connect djm with Serato, its get connected and one USB cable to a hub fem DJM and two separate USB for both players are also connected to same hub.
until deck selection option is coming in my players but once i load a track and then play, no output.. my CUE button not working.
As i am not using Time code and i don't wanna use that.
Does this sera to supports HID in CDJ 2000 nexus? i reffered many videos and articles but no use.
Can anyone provide me a link or step wise information how to connect my cdj 2000 nexus without time code whereas i am using djm 900 SRT. Currently i am using firmware 1.21 in CDJ.
Previously i used DJM 2000 nexus with tractor and it is wonderful.
My first experience with sera to is a nightmare. Really don't like seato.
Planning to use my DJM900 set with tractor.
Thanks
djrulz4u@yahoo.com
deejdave 6:03 AM - 2 January, 2014
You should NEVER connect your interface (DJM-900SRT) to a hub regardless of powered or passive. If you have a MacBook (only two USB ports) Connect the DJM900SRT directly to one port then the hub to the other with the two CDJ-900Nexus's, Midi controllers, etc connected to that hub. Then power up mixer and CDJ's, then start up Serato DJ. When everything is done loading make sure the decks are set to INT (Not REL or ABS) then press "Link" buttons on CDJ's and select Deck 1 for left deck and deck 2 for right deck. Make sure all your channel selectors (top of mixer) are all turned to far right (USB). The two middle channels will now be controlled by the CDJ's. I can say the problem is definitely on your end though as what you have is one of my exact setups only difference being my DDJ-SP1. The setup process is actually quite easy though. Once you get it up & running though you will love it!! The marriage of the 900SRT is far tighter than the 900SRT with TraKtor.
Deepak Dubai 2:56 PM - 2 January, 2014
Woooo.. its working fine.. many thanks Dave for detailed information. Even i am not using any RCA or digital cable from my players to mixer..
Still need to friendly with Serato..
Deepak Dubai 2:57 PM - 2 January, 2014
Any information regarding wave form.. by when it will be available in cdj 2000 nexus using with serato.
deejdave 8:35 PM - 2 January, 2014
Probably a big NEVER on the waveform sorry. A lot of people get the wrong idea about this and it does not help that there are fake photos of waveforms on the CDJ's with Traktor that lead people to believe it will happen. In all honesty it would look visually beautiful but the actual use of the scrolling waveform is best placed directly on top or to the side of the other/'s for visual comparison reasons.

And you are welcome for the directions and I'm glad it got you up & running. The guys here at Serato eventually would have helped you but they are VERY busy at this moment so we try to lighten the load on them at times.
Deepak Dubai 7:46 AM - 4 January, 2014
Thanks for the note. i understand that Serato guys are very busy.
Another issue i observed today, my friend came to me and see the functions, he tried his sera to scratch live with my djm 900 set but it didn't worked.
I believe serato claimed that djm 900 srt only plug n play mixer and it should work with serato scratch live as well.
That means that if i have serato dj then i have to bring my mixer everywhere in order to use my serato and if i have my mixer with me then another dj having scratch live cannot use my mixer as plug n play.. this is weird.
I dont understand why serato is always limited. i thought i bought this expensive mixer so that i will work with every mac no matter what serato is installed.
Also jog light which is moving in the CDJ is not stable, it gets slipped after every 5 second..

Thanks
deejdave 8:39 AM - 4 January, 2014
Actually that is not what they said. It IS plug N Play with Serato but ONLY Serato DJ. It does not act as an interface for SSL ever. That being said it CAN work with every Mac that has Serato DJ installed on it. No license or activation needed as the SRT itself acts as the "dongle" so to speak. This is in no way a glitch and is actually a VERY smart move on Serato's part in moving forward. WHY you ask? Because we have to keep in mind there WILL BE NO Serato Scratch Live support come next year. It would be silly to put all the work in with R&D and then support just to have that whole end become obsolete in less than 12 months. NO?

Now that we got that covered let's move on to your next mishap. Tell me more about this jog light "slip" give me a walk through.

What are you using? (hardware)
What are your specs? (laptop)
Are all your wires good to go (USB especially) and is your powered hub decent?
Are all your connections correct? (DJM-900SRT DIRECTLY to the laptop?)
How long are you into your set?
What exactly happens?
How often does this happen?
Can you duplicate it on demand?
Deepak Dubai 10:45 AM - 4 January, 2014
But this very disappointing, djm 900 nexus is traktor certified and any traktor can play from djm 900 nexus and we were looking for the same output by serato.
Planing to dispose djm 900 srt. None of my dis frnd are happy with this and me too.. they were also thinking that their serato can be played with djm 900 srt directly.

I cannot bring my mixer anywhere and other dj's still need to attach external serato hardware while using djm 900 srt.
Anyways.. its all company decision and as a end user i am not satisfied with this new product. Hope u understand my feeling as i have invested huge amount on mixer and not meeting my requirements.
Lets come to another issue:
i have macbook pro - MD 102, i7, 8 GB RAM and 759 gb hd.
UsingUSB powered hub.
both players - CDJ 2000 nEXUS are attached with hub and direct usb from mixer to laptop.

Job light which moves in CD player jog. that skips several times.. its not moving exactly like clock wise
Deepak Dubai 4:42 PM - 4 January, 2014
Another issue i observed, pitch bending is not working, it remains same and while bending the pitch, there is no moment in pitch in serato.
Also i cannot create sub folder and unable to load the tracks.
deejdave 5:09 PM - 4 January, 2014
I am sorry to hear of your dislike for the SRT. It is actually the first I have heard. Also the first person I heard who thought it would support SSL especially with the Demise of SSL being announced in the same video the SRT announcement was.

It's funny you bring up the 900 Nexus being Traktor certified because did you know you can use the SRT with Serato, Traktor, Rekordbox, VDJ, etc. It is the ONLY mixer to offer this natively.

On to your other issues. Let's start at the newest stuff being they are the smallest. When you san you can not create a new sub-folder (crate).................. You simply create a new crate then drag an drop in under the crate you want it to sub. correct? You have the software set to INT (not ABS or REL) correct? When you say unable to load tracks are you saying at all or just from your CDJ's?
Deepak Dubai 5:28 PM - 4 January, 2014
Hi,
I think it will take some time to accept djm 900 srt as i used djm 2000 nexus and i loved that using traktor.
I just set it to INT, i can make a crate but it is not under a master folder, but cannot upload any track in that crate. I also tried to drag and drop but no use. Does it have any other mechanism to upload tracks on crate?
Also, i explained earlier i have another issue for pitch bending which is not working.
Thanks
deejdave 5:30 PM - 4 January, 2014
You can click the files tab located toward the center of the screen and it will open a browser in which you locate the files and it will show all playable kinds. Make sure you have quicktime installed if playing any apple (itunes) files.
deejdave 5:32 PM - 4 January, 2014
And I figure we will go through all the issues in a itemized fashion. The first being what we can do on the laptop etc. then we will attack any/all that have to do with the CDJ's or hardware themselves.
Deepak Dubai 5:33 PM - 4 January, 2014
I did all these before but unable to update the music in crate folder.
Do u have any link where i can see any video how to update the music library and create sub folders.
Thanka
deejdave 5:52 PM - 4 January, 2014
Never need one so no but try this one. My guess is you are trying to add some sort of unsupported or copyright protected file.
Deepak Dubai 6:00 PM - 4 January, 2014
Its not like that.. i have a folder in my hard disk that contains another 10 sub folders and same i need in my serato. full folder i can drop in a single folder but i want to creat separate 10 different folders so that i can maintain my same music hierarchy. That i am not able to do it..
deejdave 6:13 PM - 4 January, 2014
OHHHH yes it does not work like that. You need something like Alchimie Zinc if you want to do that. Be sure to read up on it if you do intend on do so. Otherwise you must do by hand which I do. If you select the master folder everything included within will just be thrown into as a huge folder.
Deepak Dubai 4:08 PM - 5 January, 2014
Hey, i found a solution for this. now i can manage my sub folders very easily.. :)

Now can we jump to another issue please. pitch bending not working and job light skips many times.
Thanks
deejdave 6:06 PM - 5 January, 2014
Is the jog light skipping because it hits a cue point or is it skipping on its own. The light tends to go to 12 o clock at the exact point it hits a cue point..................... at least I think. (Sorry I use so much gear I forget piece by piece what happens sometimes) I will try on my own to see what happens on my system.
Serato, Support
Matt P 1:13 AM - 6 January, 2014
Hi Deepak Dubai,

Are you not able to adjust pitch up or down using the outside of the platter on the CDJ2000nexus? What is happening when you move the outside of the platter on the CDJ?

Are you usning Sync?

The jog light will go to 12 oclock postion every time it goes over a cue point in the software. And will continue to play afterwards or until it reaches another cue point.

Thanks for the help deejdave :)

Glad to have some help with the explanation of the many features of the DJM900SRT

Matt P
Deepak Dubai 5:55 PM - 8 January, 2014
I have stop using serato for the time being as pitch bending upwards and downwards is not working as per normal flow.. i have to deselect master tempo and have to take at least two round clock of my jog dial to adjust a single song with same bpm in both payers and there is no movement of pitching in cerato screen in my mac.. it remains same.. waiting until next version or improvement in serato..
also jog light getting skipped from anywhere, there is not any certain point or not just a cue point.. and jog light is very slow moving..
My djin is getting affected through jog light but pitch bending is the main issue..

I am not using auto sync ...

Regards
Deepak
deejdave 6:08 PM - 8 January, 2014
I will 100% confirm that this is not typical behavior on the CDJ-2000 Nexus but in the same sentence I will confirm that i have three systems (each completely independent of one another)

1.) 2012 MacBook Pro i7 2.9 GHZ 16 GB RAM 500 GB SSD - DJM-900SRT, 2X CDJ-2000Nexus, DDJ-SP1 - no issues reported via 1.5 or 1.6 beta.

2.) 2012 MacBook Pro i7 2.9 GHZ 8 GB RAM 750 GB HDD - Rane 64, 2x CDJ-2000Nexus
- No (software) issues reported via 1.5 or 1.6 beta

3.) 2008 MacBook Pro 2.3 GHZ core 2 duo, 4 GB RAM 500 GB HDD - DDJ-SX - No Issues Reported via 1.5 or 1.6 in terms of actual stability or crashes. Minor Bugs via 1.5.

Now obviously I play mix & match and with NO combination was I able to duplicate his issue. My Jog lights act as designed and my pitch bending works as intended with or without SYNC.
deejdave 6:11 PM - 8 January, 2014
In other words it is NOT 1.5, or 1.6 it is local issue. May I ask how the jog lights are messing your DJing up? Most controllers, players, etc don't even have jog lights. Additionally don't you think if the pitch bend were not actually working for others there would be a massive amount of complaints due to the fact that that is a major function to not have.
Deepak Dubai 6:26 PM - 8 January, 2014
Hi Dave, i am sorry.. i didnt put the word "not" on "My djin is getting affected through jog light but pitch bending is the main issue"..

I am not concerned much about light but pitch bending is more important as i am not using auto sync.. even i have to turn off my master tempo in order to get little impact of pitch bending..
i will make a video and try to attach.. you will see all the facts..

I appreciate experts like you are helping me.. Thank you so much..
deejdave 6:55 PM - 8 January, 2014
Ahhh yes that makes more sense now. And YES SIR at this point video is the way to go. I'm sure the Serato guys will chime in but for the time being you have my attention. When you upload the video be sure to disclose your gear setup up to & including wires, powered hubs, & HDD's (if any externals are involved etc.) I assure you this.......... the guys here are awesome at what they do and they won't leave you out to dry. It's not about the money to them it seems to be more of a principle as every/anybody who purchases a Serato product is given the same treatment and the same attention when things go wrong.
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:26 PM - 8 January, 2014
Hi Deepak Dubai,

Are you not able to adjust the tempo of the track playing when you have master tempo on?

I'm just unsure what you mean when you say,

"pitch bending upwards and downwards is not working as per normal flow.. i have to deselect master tempo and have to take at least two round clock of my jog dial to adjust a single song with same bpm in both payers and there is no movement of pitching in Serato screen in my mac"

If you deselect master tempo you will no doubt obviously hear the difference, but is there no movement of the track when using the outside of the platter?

I'm very keen to see this video if possible

We aren't seeing the same problem here..

@deejdave thanks for the kind words and help with this.. by far the best part of the forum is help from people like yourself.

Matt P
5:32 PM, 12 Jan 2014
Deepak Dubai attached a file: Serato new video.MOV
Download· Permalink
Deepak Dubai 5:37 PM - 12 January, 2014
Hi Guys.
From last three days i m truing to upload a video in this forum but not succeed. then i tried to upload on youtube and its uploaded. Here is the link of the video where you can see the pitch bending issue.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Hope someone will understand my issue and come up with the resolution.
If you guys need more depth in the video then i can make another video..

Cheerz...
deejdave 6:12 PM - 12 January, 2014
Damn son. YES clear as day your issues are real and exactly as you described. I am firing up my system right now so gimme a sec. May I request a favor of you? Can you try using SDJ 1.6 Beta and see if that fixes your issue right off the bat. I noticed it fixed two others individuals issues. Not the same as yours but theirs were dissimilar as well. Let me know how that goes.

I forget and only skimmed back. Did you try this yet?
deejdave 6:16 PM - 12 January, 2014
Also in THAT video can I get a gear list? I want to get as similar as possibe.

CDJ's were Nexus I saw
Mixer is SRT obviously
Laptop -
USB Hub -
New USB cables?
Deepak Dubai 6:17 PM - 12 January, 2014
Can you please send me the link for SDJ 1.6..

Due to pitch bending issue. i stopped using Serato and it was my first experience with Serato and it is horrible...
Deepak Dubai 6:20 PM - 12 January, 2014
Yes.. its all new USB cables..

I really appreciate DJ Dave..the way u r helping me and taking my concerns very seriously.

Cheerz..
Deepak Dubai 6:22 PM - 12 January, 2014
Laptop : Macbook pro MD 102.. I7, 8GB RAM 2.9 Ghz.
HUB: D Link - powered one. Model number dub - h4
deejdave 6:28 PM - 12 January, 2014
NICE I have two 2012 MacBook Pro's and one is EXACTLY the same as yours. 750 GB HDD as well? Other than that I have a Belkin powered hub instead of the D link so we should be on our way. Did you try the 1.6?
Deepak Dubai 6:30 PM - 12 January, 2014
Ya .. H/D is 750 GB..
i am trying to get a link for 1.6 but unable to get it..
Deepak Dubai 6:33 PM - 12 January, 2014
Just added another video with more details..

Watchwww.youtube.com
BriChi 7:03 PM - 12 January, 2014
wow, most expensive Serato controllers ever! LOL

hope you sort it out man
BriChi 7:07 PM - 12 January, 2014
I skimmed quick so sorry if you tried, but have you tried eliminating the hub as a test?

run the 900 and one CDJ to your mac and see if you have the issue with that one player
Serato, Support
Matt P 1:36 AM - 13 January, 2014
Deepak Dubai,

Link for Serato DJ 1.6 beta -

serato.com

let me know how that goes,

I would also update the firmware for the CDJ2000nexus too - pioneerdj.com

Quote:
have you tried eliminating the hub as a test?

run the 900 and one CDJ to your mac and see if you have the issue with that one player

How did this go?

Matt P
Deepak Dubai 5:14 PM - 13 January, 2014
Sorry Guys.. sdj 1.6 is having the same issue.. pitch bending is not working properly..
my players having updated firmware n mixer too..
BriChi 5:32 PM - 13 January, 2014
does it work if you use a cd or flash drive?
Deepak Dubai 6:30 PM - 13 January, 2014
It is working very much fine when i m using Traktor pro 2 and with flash drive too.
Deepak Dubai 6:31 PM - 13 January, 2014
Dear Matt,
I tried to play with a single player but is not getting connected.
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:29 PM - 14 January, 2014
Hi Deepak Dubai,

You can't connect one of the cdj2000's in HID mode without the Hub?!

Are you getting an error or anything?
This is very odd. You should be able to connect 1 cdj very easily.

Matt P
Deepak Dubai 8:33 PM - 16 January, 2014
Hi All,

Many thanks for your big support upon my issue.

I have now switched back to Traktor using my DJM 900 SRT..

But it was a big disappointment for me using Serato for the first time. Moreover i purchased DJM 900 SRT only for Serato and dumped my DJM 2000 Nexus but now i regret and there is no use of DJM 900 SRT with Serato.

No Feedback from Serato company as well so far. i Have never seen such a unprofessional company in my life. Even Pulse (Pioneer helped me a lot) but these guys are sleeping.. Anyways.

Keep enjoying and Cheerz..
deejdave 9:43 PM - 16 January, 2014
Why am I seeing Serato representatives all over this posting? Furthermore it was Serato who responded last without you responding to them. In all honesty (And I am having issues of my own in which I have NOT gotten a response when you did serato.com so TRUST me when I say this is unbiased) I feel it is unfair to say there has been no word from Serato when you in fact were the one who did not respond to them. It is right above your last post and we can all see it. Just to follow up on the question Matt from Serato asked that was never answered why are you not able to connect the SRT and only one CDJ to your laptop?

I tried duplicating your issue with almost the identical gear and i was not able to. The pitch bend worked 100%. I did however run into an issue of my own though as you will see if you look at the post I linked.
Deepak Dubai 7:11 AM - 17 January, 2014
Hi Dave,

Actually i was very much frustrated yesterday with my gears, intact i didn't new that Matt P is the representative from Serato. I am sorry for my comments.

I am blessed that experienced guys like u are helping me.

I tried to connect one cdj directly but it is not getting connected.. nor i received any rror.

but new thing i noticed, i tried time codes yesterday n removed usb cables and it was working very much fine.. pitch bending n jog lights were perfect..
So only on HID mode i m facing issues.

Hope this information will give u some clues.

Regards
Deepak
deejdave 9:59 PM - 17 January, 2014
I figured you didn't realize Matt was from Serato. No harm no foul. I just wanted you to know you were getting the attention you deserved is all. ME ON THE OTHER HAND LOL................. NOT SO MUCH!! The DVS does work perfectly yes but the HID should work if these players are supported. Trust me I am frustrated as well. STILL not one peep from Serato on my issue. I try to help out as many people here as I can and I was just kind of hoping to get some feedback on my issue as well. Like I said I wasn't able to duplicate your issue at all for some reason. The 1.21 you said they were on are the most current I believe correct?
Deepak Dubai 10:16 PM - 17 January, 2014
Hi Dave,

I wasn't realised that Matt is from Serato.
Another updated feedback upon his query, i can now able to connect one player direct from the USB but still on that pitch bending is not working.

However, Pitch bending is working very much fine when i am using time codes but facing some issue with cue points. Anyhow i don't wanna use timecode.

Today i purchased new USB cables again but same issue is existing also with 1.6.
Firmware for CDJ's are 1.21.

What exact problem you are facing.. i can understand the feelings when u are facing major issues and couldn't find any solution.. same like me:(

Hope Serato will come with the solution very soon.

Refards
deejdave 11:36 PM - 17 January, 2014
Yeah the cue point thing is not an issue with timecode. Remember when connecting with DVS you are only applying a cue pint to the epecific time of the timecode and not to the files themselves being it is not actually connected to the laptop on any way and not communicating with the laptop via data only via timecode.

These are my problems serato.com
deejdave 11:40 PM - 17 January, 2014
The problems I am facing have been faced by other Serato users as well and furthermore the Serato guys have been able to reproduce the problem so it has been confirmed an issue and is not with my Laptop or hardware but the software itself. Unfortunately for you i have never heard of anyone having the same issue and furthermore I can't in all my attempt reproduce this issue when I have pretty much an identical setup. Is this your Laptop's model #A1278?
Deepak Dubai 11:44 PM - 17 January, 2014
Hi,

My laptop model number is MD 102. Macbook pro
deejdave 12:02 AM - 18 January, 2014
So is mine MD102LL/A It also says the other number on the bottom of the laptop which I knew was not the correct model # but somehow forgot as I was typing it.

I have two of these and one of mine (the one I have been using for testing) is the same exact specs as yours.

So laptop, mixer & CDJ's all the same exact. No other connections (midi controllers, etc?) and this happens with or without USB hub involved.

I would like to see a video of your startup process. Also make sure ALL background programs are shut off (Remote Desktop apps, dropbox, iCloud, iTunes, etc) and let's see what we can come up with. I JUST can't grasp the fact that we have the identical setup and I can't duplicate the issues you are having. I can understand that you are not facing the issues that i am as it seems directly tied with a large library. How many songs do you have while we are on the topic and what are the typical bitrates?
Deepak Dubai 9:05 AM - 19 January, 2014
Hi,
U may add me over skype and will show u all settings.
Skype id: pradeep_upadhyaya
Regards
Serato, Support
Matt P 1:54 AM - 22 January, 2014
Hi Deepak Dubai,

Thanks for sticking with Dave and I in this thread. I know it must be frustrating, but if there is a way to fix it we will keep trying until we can figure it out.

I'm thinking it might be good for us to set up a skype with you so we can see whats going on. thanks for providing your user name. I'll try and arrange something on my end.

Matt P
Serato, Support
David Wood 3:10 AM - 22 January, 2014
Hey Deepak Dubai,

I'm another support member at Serato and I'd like to do my best to help also. This is a concern to us and we do take all issues with our software and hardware partners equipment seriously. Thanks for sticking with it, hopefully we can all help to get to the bottom of this issue.

Could i please ask for you to attach your System Profile here on the thread? Here are some instructions to help:
Apple > About this Mac > More info > System Report> File > Save to the desktop.

I'm also going to talk to members of our Product development teams to to see if they can help shed some light on this issue.

Regards
Dave W
7:09 PM, 22 Jan 2014
Deepak Dubai attached a file: MacBook Pro.spx
Download· Permalink
Deepak Dubai 7:09 PM - 22 January, 2014
Hi Dave,

I am glad to see you on this conversation.. Mr Matt and deejdave helped me a lot.

Now i m sure my problem gonna be sort very soon as this case is with subject matter experts.

Here i am attaching my system configuration and you may add me over Skype so that i can show u live video of my issue.

Cheerz..
Deepak Dubai 11:38 PM - 23 January, 2014
Hi Dave,

Many thanks for our last video call, i know i m gonna sort with my issues very soon.

As we discussed, four diff issues being facing by me
- pitch bending not working
- jog dial moving light skips frequently
- job dial light blinks continuously after finishing the track and even cue and play button is enabled
- track info is not getting updated in players even after changed the track.

You guys are really awesome and i m sure will find sum way to come up with this.

Cheerz...
deejdave 11:46 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
- job dial light blinks continuously after finishing the track and even cue and play button is enabled

Isn't this one normal behavior.
Deepak Dubai 7:16 AM - 24 January, 2014
Hi Deejdave,

This thing i observed and raised during my video chat with Serato representative - Dave last night.
May be its a normal with serato but i havent noticed the same with Rekrodbox and Traktor.
deejdave 6:34 PM - 24 January, 2014
Yeah I don't think those two do that. I believe it is normal behavior with Serato though. The other three I would look into though. I always just saw the constant flashing as like a REMEMBER NOTHING is loaded on this deck so make sure you do so before nething song ends!!
Deepak Dubai 4:33 PM - 27 January, 2014
Hi Dave W,

I have checked Serato DJ version 1.5 and 1.6 both in another Macbook pro MD 101 and faced the same issue.. Pitch bending is not working.

So there is something wrong with my hardware.. or with some settings...

Now we can go for remote access of my laptop this Thursday night.

Thanks
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:33 PM - 27 January, 2014
Hi Deepak Dubai,

Is there a pioneer representative in your area? - pioneerdj.com

It would be a good idea to check out if you can get the hardware serviced, or even compare it with another unit to compare too.

Matt P
Serato, Support
David Wood 10:43 PM - 27 January, 2014
Hey Deepak Duba,

Yes, also as we discussed Deepak Dubai, maybe you could try taking your laptop to a retailer and trying the same setup there to see if the pitch bending issue with their CDJ's show the same issue with your laptop?

Regards
Dave W
Baird 12:06 AM - 28 January, 2014
Hi Guys
After reading this entire discussion, I was just curious to know, did you solve this problem?. Why am concern, I also got the 900 SRT and just order two CDJ 2000 Nexus. Was wondering if I'll run into the same issue in the future.
Thank You
Serato, Support
David Wood 12:28 AM - 28 January, 2014
Hey Baird,

This issue seems to be very edge case. It's not at all common, we are working with the user to find a solution, i'd not be to concern however if you experience any issues just let us know.

Regards
Dave W
deejdave 1:53 AM - 28 January, 2014
@ Baird. I have a close (so close its scary) setup to deepak. As a matter of fact the only difference at this point was the USB HUB and I can confirm this is an isolated issues as I can not reproduce it.
Baird 4:03 AM - 28 January, 2014
Hi Guys
After reading something told me it might be the USB HUB, but then again what do I know lol. Seem to be the Ideal set up with HID. This to truly the best forum around, keep up the good work.
Thank You
deejdave 4:26 AM - 28 January, 2014
Can't even be sure. he was having trouble with getting just one CDJ connected with the SRT thus eliminating the HUB. I am not sure why as it should be easier than connecting one being it is the same step just one less.
Deepak Dubai 8:00 AM - 28 January, 2014
I dont think there is a problem with DJM 900 SRT as HID mode with pitch bending is working well with Traktor.
There could be some settings issue with Serato DJ believe.
Also i have plugged directly to my macbook with one player without using usb hub but problem pertains.
I am sure this problem gonna be solved soon as experts from Serato and my friends are helping me a lot.

Cheerz..
deejdave 9:32 PM - 28 January, 2014
So strange. I mean SOOO strange. I really am puzzled with this one and have never seen this issue elsewhere.
Serato, Support
David Wood 12:02 AM - 29 January, 2014
Still think you should take your computer to a store and test their setup and see if it happens there. We need not compare Traktor to Serato as just because it works correctly in one place doesn't mean that is the answer to solving the issue. It is always good to create a wide range of tests to find the answers we are looking for ;)

Dave
Deepak Dubai 12:27 PM - 31 January, 2014
Good News Guys..
I have just downloaded new Beta version of Serato DJ and found pitch bending is now working with expected output. but there is still no movement in Serato screen for pitch bending in my laptop.

So far i am not concern about screen pitch bending but it is working fine with my players with HID mode.

But jog dial lights gets more worst as its start getting skipped now more frequently which is very irritating.

Thank you very much Serato Guys and you guys are really awesome.

Special Thanks to Mr Deejay Dave.
deejdave 11:07 PM - 31 January, 2014
I think those issues HAVE been reproduced and i am having issues with screen lag on both the laptop & CDJ's themselves. Serato has made a statement that they are working on it but we have been told not to expect this until after the 1.6 release this month. Hav no doubt it WILL be addressed.

@ Deeoak I am glad the pitch bend got addressed and I am confidant our issues will be sorted out in a timely fashion as well. THIS is what they do & they do it well. Told ya they wouldn't lt you down :)

At leas audio-wise my serato experience is flawless. Afterall that is all the audience is exposed to. The issues I am facing are an inconvenience but a.) they can be worked around and b.) my clients are none the wiser.
Baird 4:15 PM - 2 February, 2014
Hi Guys
I got a question regarding SRT, SP1 & 2000 nexus connection. For HID use, I have to connect with USB from the back of CDJ to a USB hub to LapTop right???. Since Serato and Pioneer has the STR now, do I still have to go into HID setting for CDJ to working as a controller for Serato??. Hope I explain in the best way
Thank You
Deepak Dubai 5:31 PM - 2 February, 2014
Hi Baird,

You can now connect your both CD players to USB hub and connect the USB to your laptop and one USB direct from DJM 900 srt to your laptop.
Then click link to select the deck.
Baird 5:42 PM - 2 February, 2014
Hi
So am not using the cdj's as a remote controller for serato right?
Thank You
Deepak Dubai 5:59 PM - 2 February, 2014
Ya.
Once u will connect ur cdj's to hub n mixer to your laptop, u can control serato direct from your player, i.e select n load track etc
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:05 PM - 2 February, 2014
Hi Deepak Dubai,

Thats good news :)

I'm happy to hear you are able to at least activate pitch bending in the software. Have you been able to try another version and see if its still a problem with 1.5.2.

We will be researching the screen glitches too. Will let you know if we have any more news on that.

Cheers

Matt P
Deepak Dubai 5:21 PM - 9 February, 2014
Hi,

I have tried again on 1.5.2 but pitch bending still not working..
but its work fine in 1.6..

Regards
Deepak
deejdave 5:23 PM - 9 February, 2014
It is always suggested to use the most current version anyway for these reasons so GREAT news there. Enjoy 1.6 Deepak
Serato, Support
David Wood 1:19 AM - 10 February, 2014
Great news! Glad top hear it is now working correctly. Can we assist you with anything else? (Besides the obvious now known issues you have raise in early discussions with you).

Regards
Dave W
Deepak Dubai 3:31 PM - 10 February, 2014
Big thanks to Serato team - specially mr Dave W, now pitch bending is working however there is no pitch bending movement in bpm in serato screen over my laptop, but its not a real big issue.

Also 1.6 version gets hanged sometimes while on startup mode.

Any plan for waveform in cdj 2000 nexus.

Regards
deejdave 10:06 PM - 10 February, 2014
As far as pitch nending isn't that normal behavior? When you move the pitch fader it obviously changes but I don't remember it changing for bend ever. I could be wrong. Actually now that I think about the pitch bend doesn't even change the screen when you use the CDJ's by themselves.
Deepak Dubai 4:04 PM - 11 February, 2014
But screen pitch gets bend when we use time codes. but in HID mode, it doesn't.
deejdave 1:00 AM - 12 February, 2014
Well the word itself kind of gives reason as to why the time display would change when using time code. DVS literally works with time. The disc is actually giving a code in which the software knows how long into a song it should be. When scratching it doesn't actually which part of the song but more that the song should be at say 01:55:35 then when you scratch it knows to move back and forth according to the time you move the platter to. This would explain why in time code the software is told what position/faster or slower time play (eg pitch bend) and it displays it accordingly. When in HID actual data is exchanged back & forth between the players and apparently it does it differently.All that being said I would not even know how this would be necessary as pitch bend is a variable "real-time" adjustment that you use in reference to what you are hearing and not so much seeing. When moving the fader you will many tims go off what you are seeing but with pitch bend again you go by what you hear. That being said the actual number is constantly changing with the speed at which you move the platter with pitch bend SO by the time you read what it says it is bending at the number has already changed anyways being it is VERY hard to rotate the platter at a constant critical revolution.

I will check to verify this BUT I do know for a fact the CDJ itself does not register a number nor does it display a number when pitch bending with a CD, SD, OR USB so how would it tell the software what to display when in HID. Does any of this make sense? Not that they could not change it I am just saying this is intended operation and I am not sure how crucial this would be to implement.
deejdave 1:02 AM - 12 February, 2014
Basically long story short as the name suggests with time code you are dealing with time only being sent one way from the player to the software. With HID you are dealing with actual data being transferred back and forth between the player & software.
Deepak Dubai 8:28 PM - 21 February, 2014
Hi Guys,

Another point i noticed, when i turned on Reverse from cdj 2000 nexus, track starts playing in reverse mode but when i turned off the reverse button, the track starts as per slip mode but actually it suppose to be start from where track was last reversed.
May be it is normal with Serato but i noticed and raised my concern.
wadup 2:04 AM - 23 February, 2014
Normal behavior.... Bleep function
DJ Yaitanis 1:05 PM - 23 February, 2014
I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this. Serato DJ 1.6 on Mac Book Pro Mavericks with SL2 and CDJ 2000 Nexus on HID Mode.

I noticed for the entire evening that the needle seek or point in song kept Jumping Slightly like a glitch. It did it on CDJ 2 but not on CDJ 1 until the very end of the evening. So to sum it up the needle looked it was jumping around song point.

Has anyone seen this?
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:17 PM - 26 February, 2014
Hey Deepak Dubai,

Thanks for get feedback on that, however this is expected behaviour.

Regards
Dave W

Hey DJ Yaitanis,

Thanks for getting in touch. This is a known issue. We hope to bring a fix for this in a future release.

Regards
7:01 AM, 13 Mar 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.