Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Scratching not tight, want it to be more responsive.

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7 II
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Smytheswag 3:07 PM - 24 December, 2013
The scratching on the numark ns7ii is not as responsive as I would like. It takes probably around .5 seconds for the record to play normally after I scratch, as the vinyl takes time to line back up normally. I tried tightening the screw on the platters as much as possible, however that has not helped. I would like the scratching to be as responsive as in this video starting from the 6:11 mark: Watchwww.youtube.com
Does anyone know a way to get my scratches more responsive. There shouldn't be the delay I am experiencing.
Dj MacMillz 4:38 PM - 24 December, 2013
Check the latency in the settings..
Smytheswag 9:21 PM - 24 December, 2013
Thank you for the suggestion. I have the latency set at 1 ms. I am using a macbook pro 15" retina running OSX 10.8, so I don't believe it is software related. I suspect it is more hardware related. Anyone have any any other suggestions?
deejayjd 9:02 AM - 25 December, 2013
Part of scratching is releasing the vinyl at the same speed as the platter. Its a learned skill, not really a hardware issue. You can adjust how much slip there is with different slip mats, but the included ones are actually fairly grippy.
deejayjd 9:04 AM - 25 December, 2013
Part of scratching is releasing the vinyl at the same speed as the platter. Its a learned skill, not really a hardware issue. You can adjust how much slip there is with different slip mats, but the included ones are actually fairly grippy.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:07 AM - 29 December, 2013
Hi Smytheswag

are you used to a Turntable/ Mixer setup?

The NS7 should feel quite similar to that. If you compare the two options (Turntables plus Mixer VS NS7), do you feel any difference?

There is a torque switch at the back of the unit, next to the microphone input, that may be of help too if you switch it to "high".

Cheers
Karl
Sand 6:27 PM - 29 December, 2013
Try lowering the 7 inch plater cog (the thing that the screw tightens in to) this will make the vinyl grip the slip matt more, producing a tighter response. I have used Technics 1210's since 88 and I find that small adjustments to the cog and switching to low torque makes the NS7 2 the next best thing for scratching since 1210's.

Hope this helps.
8:05 AM, 13 Jan 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.