Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ SR crossfader...

shadow23 9:57 AM - 21 December, 2013
Tonight I disassembled my DDJ SR with plans of swapping a spare mini innofader that came out of my Kontrol Z2 because I just installed the innofader pnp in my Z2.

I was just hoping that it would work. Long story short it didn't work at all. I know I'm a stupid, stupid ass. But just to advice anyone who wants to take apart the DDJ SR, don't bother with the screws on the top plate. There is nothing you can do anyway when you take the top plate off. The channel faders and crossfader needs to be accessed from underneath.

The crossfader in the DDJ SR is the same as the DDJ SX. So for now you can only replace it with a Pioneer crossfader.

The mini innofader from the Kontrol Z2 is the same size as the crossfader in the DDJ SR. It would be interesting to see if audio innovate can make a model that will work with the DDJ SR/SX.

If anyone is interested with pictures of the DDJ SR without the top and bottom plate and the crossfader I will gladly give links to it.
Joee 4:19 PM - 21 December, 2013
this is what there working on for the sx---> www.innofader.com
shadow23 4:54 PM - 21 December, 2013
Quote:
this is what there working on for the sx---> www.innofader.com

Hi Joee, yeah I saw the mini innofader pnp page. I can't wait.
shadow23 5:04 PM - 21 December, 2013
I meant I just saw the mini innofader page you gave, thanks Joee.!
Punky 3:40 PM - 14 January, 2014
If you decide you want to try to give an installation a go, let us know (I work for Audio Innovate) and we can help you out.
shadow23 5:37 PM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:
If you decide you want to try to give an installation a go, let us know (I work for Audio Innovate) and we can help you out.

Thanks Punky. I'm just waiting for the mini innofader to be available and I would install that in the DDJ-SR straight away.Pretty confident I can install the mini when I get my hands on it.
Punky 6:42 PM - 14 January, 2014
Hey Shadow,

If you have a lot of confidence in installation, you can help us out with testing. Do you have a tape measure and a multimeter?

We haven't had a chance to test the MIPNP with the DDJ-SR yet, though we know that we will have DDJ-SX compatibility. So I can't guarantee DDJ-SR compatibility, though it's likely.
shadow23 6:49 PM - 14 January, 2014
Hi Punky,

yes I have a tape measure but I'm getting a multimeter today. It is morning still (5:47AM) and I will have to get it after work which is around 4pm.

I have faith that the MIPNP will work with the DDJ-SR only because I'm banking on the DDJ-SX has the same x-fader as the DDJ-SR.

But yes anything to help out.
shadow23 6:54 PM - 14 January, 2014
I have checked the part no. on the x-fader for the DDJ-SX and SR and they are the same so I so excited about buying the MIPNP when it is available in Australia! Thanks Punky!
Punky 8:27 PM - 14 January, 2014
Hey Shadow,

Thanks for doing that research for us! Please e-mail support@audioinnovate.com and talk to Elliot about what you're planning to do. He can help you out, and he can also let you know about any caveats or problems you might run into. Users help us out all the time with compatibility tests (god knows we don't own all the mixers on our compatibility list) and we always appreciate it!

Justin
shadow23 9:31 PM - 14 January, 2014
No problem. I will email Elliot today and tell him what my plans are. Thanks Justin.

Kind regards

Joe
Punky 9:52 PM - 14 January, 2014
Glad to help, Joe! :)
shadow23 7:05 AM - 16 January, 2014
Hi Justin,

My apologies, I managed to email Elliot just now. Just been busy at work. I told him about my plans and would gladly give feedback and upload photos when I install the mini in the DDJ-SR.

Now it is a waiting game for the mini to be available here in Australia, can't wait.
shadow23 6:15 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
Hey Shadow,

Thanks for doing that research for us! Please e-mail support@audioinnovate.com and talk to Elliot about what you're planning to do. He can help you out, and he can also let you know about any caveats or problems you might run into. Users help us out all the time with compatibility tests (god knows we don't own all the mixers on our compatibility list) and we always appreciate it!

Justin

I emailed Elliot but no reply yet. Doesn't matter though because I'm just waiting for the MINI to be released.
Joee 11:59 PM - 6 February, 2014
shadow23 4:45 PM - 7 February, 2014
Quote:
djworx.com

Thanks for the link!!!
WildcardX 2:59 PM - 30 April, 2014
Any update as per this article today on this?

djworx.com
Punky 3:04 PM - 30 April, 2014
Should be hitting stores end of this week, beginning of next. :)
WildcardX 3:59 PM - 30 April, 2014
Quote:
Should be hitting stores end of this week, beginning of next. :)

Sweet! And confirmed working with the SR right?
Punky 4:00 PM - 30 April, 2014
It's confirmed for the SX. If you have the SR and you are willing to pop it open and take some photos / measurements, you can help us see if we're compatible!
WildcardX 4:21 PM - 30 April, 2014
Hmm I would have to give that some thought since I just recently got the SR and don't want to bork it. I was thinking shadow23 had done the install already and I did see that some one else say that the part numbers for sx and sr are the same.
Punky 9:25 PM - 30 April, 2014
Can you link me to that? If someone else has already done the work, I can look into it and get back to you. :)
WildcardX 10:14 PM - 30 April, 2014
The OP to this thread at the top. I see he also confirmed the part numbers for SX and SR to be the same.
shadow23 11:14 PM - 30 April, 2014
Quote:
The OP to this thread at the top. I see he also confirmed the part numbers for SX and SR to be the same.

Yep it sure is. I had an email from Pioneer with the part number for the SR's crossfader and it's the same as the SX. Unfortunately I have sold my SR so I can't replace the crossfader.
WildcardX 1:34 AM - 2 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yep it sure is. I had an email from Pioneer with the part number for the SR's crossfader and it's the same as the SX. Unfortunately I have sold my SR so I can't replace the crossfader.

Ok then, looks like we need a new guinea pig for this, I can't afford to kill my SR right now but I would like to know that the Innofader works. :/
shadow23 1:43 AM - 2 May, 2014
Quote:
Ok then, looks like we need a new guinea pig for this, I can't afford to kill my SR right now but I would like to know that the Innofader works. :/

I understand. Theoretically it should work since the SX and the SR have the same crossfader. But I do understand why you're not ready to take a gamble.
Punky 3:31 PM - 15 May, 2014
I'll refer this one to Elliot and see what he has to say.
WildcardX 5:54 PM - 15 May, 2014
Thanks and we appreciate it. Cheers!
emarx 5:17 AM - 16 May, 2014
Well let's back up a bit. The crossfader in the Z2 is *not* designed as a generic replacement part. We never make such a claim anywhere and if you see someone trying to make such a claim please let them know this is not a good idea!

What I can confirm is since the mini Innofader PNP P is sure to work in the DDJ-SX, and the DDJ-SR has the same fader and fader connection, there should be no problem getting the mini Innofader PNP P to work in the DDJ-SR. The mini Inno PNP P has a test circuit so you can make sure everything works with the green LED before switching it over to fader mode. Nobody kills anything if the instructions are properly followed.
WildcardX 11:37 AM - 16 May, 2014
Quote:
Well let's back up a bit. The crossfader in the Z2 is *not* designed as a generic replacement part. We never make such a claim anywhere and if you see someone trying to make such a claim please let them know this is not a good idea!

What I can confirm is since the mini Innofader PNP P is sure to work in the DDJ-SX, and the DDJ-SR has the same fader and fader connection, there should be no problem getting the mini Innofader PNP P to work in the DDJ-SR. The mini Inno PNP P has a test circuit so you can make sure everything works with the green LED before switching it over to fader mode. Nobody kills anything if the instructions are properly followed.

This is very promising news indeed. I still want to know that there is and actual install of one though, just to be sure and considering how much more has to be done just to get to the fader in the SR.
JSkratch 1:39 AM - 14 August, 2014
Hello all. Just to let everyone know I recently installed a Mini PNP P in my DDJ-SR with no issues at all. Used the 3 pin large plug as recommended for the DDJ-SX. Green light off the bat. The fader is much nicer and more precise than the Pioneer stock fader. The only issue i had was that I had to use a spare fader cap from a regular innofader that I had because the cap that came with the Mini stuck up way too high. Maybe i just needed to push it down harder but I was applying alot of force and could not get it to go down and I did not feel comfortable pushing any harder.
Johnnynights 2:12 AM - 14 August, 2014
Share some pics JSkratch i would like to see it.
WildcardX 5:22 PM - 14 August, 2014
Quote:
Hello all. Just to let everyone know I recently installed a Mini PNP P in my DDJ-SR with no issues at all. Used the 3 pin large plug as recommended for the DDJ-SX. Green light off the bat. The fader is much nicer and more precise than the Pioneer stock fader. The only issue i had was that I had to use a spare fader cap from a regular innofader that I had because the cap that came with the Mini stuck up way too high. Maybe i just needed to push it down harder but I was applying alot of force and could not get it to go down and I did not feel comfortable pushing any harder.

Was it difficult to install and thank you VERY much for that update. I really would like to know the level of difficulty involved and pics if you do have any. Cheers!
RennieB 7:42 PM - 6 January, 2016
I also want to install the mini pnp fader, but is not aware of how to access the fader. It said earlier do not remove the top screws. So can someone show me how to access the fader for replacement.
shadow23 1:10 AM - 7 January, 2016
I wish I could help with pictures but I don't know what I did with them. I successfully installed it when I had my SR. The screws are underneath the unit. Don't even bother accessing it from the top. All the screws are at the bottom side.

It's pretty much straight forward.
Ragman 4:31 AM - 7 January, 2016
Quote:
I wish I could help with pictures but I don't know what I did with them. I successfully installed it when I had my SR. The screws are underneath the unit. Don't even bother accessing it from the top. All the screws are at the bottom side.

It's pretty much straight forward.

Yeh I think I remember you posting that you changed it out with the Inno awhile back if I'm not mistaken.
shadow23 4:42 AM - 7 January, 2016
Yes I did do it
Ragman 5:14 AM - 7 January, 2016
How was the lag with the Innofader compared to the stock fader?
shadow23 7:09 AM - 7 January, 2016
Quote:
How was the lag with the Innofader compared to the stock fader?

Innofader was quite good. Personally I didn't have to adjust it. But for some they may need to tweak it.
Ragman 4:03 PM - 7 January, 2016
Good to know. I just got a Denon MC6000MK2 for Xmas and will be putting an Inno in there. Hope it helps as I heard the lag is noticeable, especially when used as a stand-alone mixer.
RennieB 7:09 PM - 7 January, 2016
Do I have to remove all the knobs and sliders on the top of the unit before I open the underneath?
shadow23 7:45 PM - 7 January, 2016
Quote:
Do I have to remove all the knobs and sliders on the top of the unit before I open the underneath?

Yes you do. Fairly easy to do though.
RennieB 6:07 PM - 8 January, 2016
how do I take out the knobs and sliders, it is firmly attached to the unit. Can I just pull them off, or is there a special way to get them off?
shadow23 8:52 PM - 8 January, 2016
Quote:
how do I take out the knobs and sliders, it is firmly attached to the unit. Can I just pull them off, or is there a special way to get them off?

You firmly pull them off. Just need a bit of force but they do come off.
RennieB 11:33 PM - 13 January, 2016
I changed the cross fader but did no calibration. But i am having some issues, when the track is playing i notice the volume at times get high and then it would drop low again. Dont understand why this is happening. Can somone explain how do i fix this?
DJ Tecniq 1:19 AM - 14 January, 2016
Quote:
I changed the cross fader but did no calibration. But i am having some issues, when the track is playing i notice the volume at times get high and then it would drop low again. Dont understand why this is happening. Can somone explain how do i fix this?
Could be due to the non calibration of the innofader? Or it's possible the DDJ-SR unit is defective. My friends fader started bleeding and acting all weird and it still looks brand new...smh hope you get it solved.
RennieB 1:24 AM - 14 January, 2016
It was working good with the pioneer fader with no high and low sounds. Only when i changed the fader i am getting this effect
DJ Tecniq 1:26 AM - 14 January, 2016
Quote:
It was working good with the pioneer fader with no high and low sounds. Only when i changed the fader i am getting this effect
Innofader may be defect or try calibrating which is supposed to be done before use.
RennieB 1:27 AM - 14 January, 2016
Didnt understand the calibration instructions. But was a new sealed innofadee
DJ Tecniq 5:53 AM - 14 January, 2016
Quote:
Didnt understand the calibration instructions. But was a new sealed innofadee

youtu.be
aleksey 7:43 PM - 9 February, 2016
I just installed the inno in my SR. There is no need to remove knobs or fader caps except the cap of the x-fader. Then all screws of the bottom side have to be removed to access the fader.

Installation itself is straight forward. Did not have to calibrate, works well without.

SR curve control and reverse still work.
RennieB 12:45 AM - 3 May, 2016
The innofader causes problems on the unit, I was receiving strange thing happening to the unit and some keys being unresponsive, this only began happening after I had the innofader installed on the ddj sr. Thinking the ddj was bad I bought an ddj sx and installed the innofader, but the same thing happens on the sx. It only happens after about 2 hours of constant use, when I switch from the innofader to the original fader no problems existed on both units.
DJSMASH24 12:24 AM - 14 March, 2018
Need to change fader on ddj sr its starting to bleed ,is the replacement on amazon any good?Any advice appreciated.
DJ Tecniq 1:12 AM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:
Need to change fader on ddj sr its starting to bleed ,is the replacement on amazon any good?Any advice appreciated.
Get a Innofader and be done with it. You need the Innofader plus here’s the list of compatible devices which the SR is compatible. www.innofader.com
DJ Tecniq 1:14 AM - 14 March, 2018
Correction “mini Innofader plus” is the one you need. Will blow the shit out of any Pioneer fader💯
DJSMASH24 2:12 AM - 14 March, 2018
Thank you dj tecniq! You are always a big help,the inno fader is a beast but im looking to just get regular ddj sr crossfader for the meantime as i plan on upgrading to ddj sr 2.What about the one on amazon from extremeamazing for 25 bucks?
Dylusional 9:55 PM - 4 April, 2018
Quote:

Did you find a fix to this? I recently purchased an innofader and the volume is much higher on each side than in the middle. Tried all the calibrations and it is the same. As soon as the other song cuts in, the volume cuts a few db. Then when I slap it over, it sounds abrasive with the volume changed.
Res-Q 10:23 PM - 29 August, 2018
do u guys know if the crossfader of the SR2 is the same as the SR1?
i wanna try a mini Innofader plus
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:02 AM - 30 August, 2018
Quote:
do u guys know if the crossfader of the SR2 is the same as the SR1?
i wanna try a mini Innofader plus

Innofader is not compatible with the SR2.

SR2 xfader design was changed.

Got an email from Elliot at Innofader
Aptidda 4:28 PM - 31 August, 2018
should have bought a mixer that actually had a nice fader out of the box (Rane 72).

It entertains me when you peons buy $200 controllers just to be disappointed and end up spending $120 per fader to "upgrade". Then 6 months later you realize you suck and have no DJ cred and realize the "Controllers" are super boring to use (ipad is better) and end up selling the POS you bought for $50.

It's what wakes me up in the morning.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:35 PM - 31 August, 2018
Quote:
should have bought a mixer that actually had a nice fader out of the box (Rane 72).

It entertains me when you peons buy $200 controllers just to be disappointed and end up spending $120 per fader to "upgrade". Then 6 months later you realize you suck and have no DJ cred and realize the "Controllers" are super boring to use (ipad is better) and end up selling the POS you bought for $50.

Thanks for the useful contribution as usual. How are you finding the new Mac btw.

Still waiting for your review/impression video
Aptidda 6:38 PM - 31 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the useful contribution as usual. How are you finding the new Mac btw.

Still waiting for your review/impression video

Mac, what Mac? LOL
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:40 PM - 31 August, 2018
Quote:

Mac, what Mac? LOL

exactly, streamable.com
Aptidda 6:40 PM - 31 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Mac, what Mac? LOL

exactly, streamable.com

Niiceee! Way to go Mr. Credible! Your incredible!
Aptidda 6:41 PM - 31 August, 2018
I use windows exclusively.
Res-Q 8:25 PM - 4 September, 2018
Thx Marv, got the same email too