Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

No SP-6 Sync w/62?

djwheatgrass 12:17 AM - 21 December, 2013
I have a Rane 62 and was excited to finally have Sync of the SP-6 in SDJ. However, in the DJ Preferences page the Smart Sync option isn't available. Soooooo, Smart Sync only with controllers? My $2000 mixer doesn't warrant sync of my SAMPLE PLAYER???? Please tell me it ain't so Serato!
I also have a Vestax VFX-1 and the Aux/Mic and PFL FX buttons are no longer MIDI mappable.
Any help is always greatly appreciated, cheers!

djwheatgrass
JayB1200 4:37 PM - 21 December, 2013
The sample player doesnt sync on any verison of serato, no matter what hardware your using.
djwheatgrass 6:08 PM - 21 December, 2013
That's funny Jay, so why is there a sync button shown on screen shots and talked about in the manual?
djwheatgrass 6:11 PM - 21 December, 2013
Anyone who actually knows what they're talking about like to help me?
JayB1200 6:39 PM - 21 December, 2013
Sorry bro, still in a Scratchlive state of mind....
Joee 7:10 PM - 21 December, 2013
people were complaining about sync being added to serato ,now complaints about sync not working……boy i tell you serato can't get anything right these days

they just can't win damn if you do damn if you don't
deejdave 9:08 PM - 21 December, 2013
Well I understand both sides but the bottom line is they added it so it SHOULD work. Unfortunately I got the 64 & SRT so I sold the 62 and can not help. If anything this may be a bug for 1.6 and if so it should be reported on the beta bug page.
Joee 9:14 PM - 21 December, 2013
^ i'm sure it is you can't expect a beta version to be 100%/flawless
deejdave 9:19 PM - 21 December, 2013
Absolutely which is why I say report it. They can't address a problem if they don't know it exists.
deejdave 9:23 PM - 21 December, 2013
Not for nothing IMO I feel they did a pretty damn good job as a whole though so little things like these are excusable. That being said I did get the new mixers & the SX which were all made with SDJ in mind so Im sure my experience is a little fluffed as there SHOULD be no issues as opposed to some of the guys getting the "ported" experience which never seems to be perfect even in the end. This was what I meant when the question came up of purchasing (or keeping) a 61, 62, or 68 Vs purchasing a 64 or SRT as the older mixers are "ported" over and some functions just won't be perfect by default. I have total faith in Serato that they will do everything in their power to get all mixers & controllers operating as close to perfect as possible. It only benefits them if they do so why wouldn't they?
djwheatgrass 9:45 PM - 21 December, 2013
I'll repost in the Beta thread
deejdave 9:54 PM - 21 December, 2013
Yeah buddy!!
forty 12:03 AM - 22 December, 2013
It was mentioned months ago that the SP6 wouldn't sick when using DVS control, at least for the moment.

I read it on this site.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:18 AM - 23 December, 2013
Hey guys, DVS hardware only supports Simple Sync at this stage, which is why you can't sync the sample player.

We'd like to add this in an update so that DVS users can also use sample players sync.
Nitenoise 12:43 AM - 4 February, 2014
SP6 Sync would be nice when using the CDJ2000 HID.
it works fine when using DDJ-SX, why not on DVS or midi CDJ2000?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:21 AM - 4 February, 2014
Hey Nitenoise,

Sample Sync for DVS is on the cards for a future update. Not ETA right no unfortunately but don't worry we want it too!
Fl!ped 3:44 AM - 23 April, 2014
Hi, any info on which future update? I am waiting to sync SP-6 with my RANE 62 but still don't see it in 1.6.2 ./
deejdave 7:47 AM - 23 April, 2014
I believe he said no eta as in no estimated time of arrival as in no info on which future update. Don't know if thats changed though/
Fl!ped 8:49 AM - 23 April, 2014
Probably, but we're almost a quarter of a year further and time keeps on ticking away with samples playing out of sync... so I insist, because experiences in life tell companies tend to forget if customers don't mention and remention and complain... if you ask you can get a no, but if you don't ask you get mostly nothing....
deejdave 5:22 PM - 23 April, 2014
True dat
deejdave 5:23 PM - 23 April, 2014
Just the history around here leads to a different conclusion. They don't even tell us when it the day before LOL. Just one of the sacrifices we make for the awesome software I guess.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:46 AM - 25 April, 2014
By all means keep at it, forums threads are an important tool to help us prioritise what goes into updates.

But, I have no update for you on when you can expect this sorry. It's high up on our list though!
Fl!ped 12:48 AM - 25 April, 2014
Ok, thanks for getting back at us, mind telling us if The Bridge is on your list too? and where more or less?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:56 AM - 25 April, 2014
We would like to offer some of the things that you were able to do with The Bridge with Serato DJ at some point in the future ;)

How did you use The Bridge in Scratch Live?
Fl!ped 2:45 AM - 25 April, 2014
Saving mixes in the ableton format and be able to perfect them in the DAW afterwards, as well as playing/remixing composed beats and tracks layered and synced (MIDI mapped) on top of the decks, I still do by the way, SSL is still running on my system as that makes DJing interesting and exciting, it's out of the box and inspires creativity.
I especially use both SSL and abletion Live (with the Bridge) to work on own tracks, beats, remixes, it's become part of the creative workflow, a unique one by the way, only possible with Serato (Scratch Live) + my RANE 62 and Ableton Live.
Agent 156 8:21 PM - 22 January, 2015
Hi I just wanted to check back on this it is almost coming up on a year since this thread. Any potential updates on having SP-6 sync with the 62
Agent 156 8:23 PM - 22 January, 2015
actually the thread is older than a year but the mention of having SP 6 sync from Logan is almost a year old.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:46 AM - 23 January, 2015
Hey man, I can't give you any sort of timeframe but yes we are getting closer to being able to sync your samples with tracks playing using the SixtyTwo.
Agent 156 3:21 PM - 23 January, 2015
BadAss Thank you Logan! Not trying to be a pain, just so stoked for this. I am excited to see what I can do with this but also what other people are going to do too.
Agent 156 3:23 PM - 23 January, 2015
I think a lot of people are going to go ahead and move to SDJ once the 57 MKII come out too. It will be nice having a lot of people all on one platform and all pushing the limits.
Le Frique 10:18 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Hey man, I can't give you any sort of timeframe but yes we are getting closer to being able to sync your samples with tracks playing using the SixtyTwo.

Could this also be part of the Club Kit please? I'd like to upgrade my Xone gear to the newly supported gear and SP6-Sync would be great...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:39 PM - 27 January, 2015
Quote:
Could this also be part of the Club Kit please? I'd like to upgrade my Xone gear to the newly supported gear and SP6-Sync would be great...

The Club Kit is a SDJ license and a DVS Expansion Pack license that lets you use upgrade-ready hardware with SDJ. SP6 Sync will just be an update to the software that allows DVS users to sync samples, it won't be tied any to any sort of licensing like that.
spike12 10:02 PM - 6 January, 2016
Is this still happening?
Dj Ace 3:03 AM - 29 April, 2016
any progress on this?
Marv Incredible 9:11 PM - 30 April, 2016
+1
Olee 7:45 PM - 9 May, 2016
+1 to DVS + SP-6 = sync

As it is already been mention before, I don't need the sync on the main decks, but for the samples, it is definitively a plus.

Cheers!
citi 9:27 PM - 9 May, 2016
Lol. Is this really still an issue? I can't believe this hasn't been resolved yet. It's been OVER TWO YEARS.
Agent 156 6:51 PM - 24 May, 2019
bringing this back from the dead. 5 years strong
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:22 PM - 26 May, 2019
Hi Agent 156,

Sample player sync has been enabled since version 1.9.6 so enable smart sync and give it a try :)

Regards
Agent 156 4:50 PM - 28 May, 2019
Ayee! Thanks, Matt P, I should have investigated further before posting. I will put my other long-standing request into the feature requests but also mention here that it would be AMAZING if there were a way to instant double from a deck to the sample player without a drag and drop. Preferably a hotkey and even better a way to midi program it.
The Return of Dj Sparky 5:08 PM - 28 May, 2019
and it only took 3.5 years for serato to address the issue,

great turn around time guys...........
Mr. Goodkat 6:48 PM - 28 May, 2019
Quote:
Ayee! Thanks, Matt P, I should have investigated further before posting. I will put my other long-standing request into the feature requests but also mention here that it would be AMAZING if there were a way to instant double from a deck to the sample player without a drag and drop. Preferably a hotkey and even better a way to midi program it.

that would be cool, like cmd+shift+1(-8)
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:54 PM - 28 May, 2019
Quote:
and it only took 3.5 years for serato to address the issue,

great turn around time guys...........

Better late than never though right ;)

Also, re hotkey, that is a good idea too!
Mr. Goodkat 5:46 AM - 29 May, 2019
Quote:
like cmd+shift+1(-8)

actually meant the cmd+shift+the sampler letter(z-,), got that mixed up somehow.